Create an Original Action Avatar by Bruno Mid Engine
Started on: 11-11-2006 10:31 AM
Replies: 5
Last post by: Bruno Mid Engine on 11-11-2006 09:42 PM
Bruno Mid Engine

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2006 10:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Bruno Mid EngineClick Here to Email Bruno Mid EngineSend a Private Message to Bruno Mid EngineDirect Link to This Post
Yup, here we go again, got to kick it up a notch. So, what software can I purchase to create my own original action Avatar for this forum with my own images and manipulate them, rotate, fade, etc. Go from my crudy black Iron Duke air intake and valve cover to it's now bright powder coated yelow.

------------------
The Fiero, a testiment to unique AMERICAN Engineering

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
moleman_in_a_FieroGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2006 06:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for moleman_in_a_FieroGTClick Here to Email moleman_in_a_FieroGTSend a Private Message to moleman_in_a_FieroGTDirect Link to This Post
Gimp is a free program, similar to Photoshop, that you can use to make the image that you want.

You can get Gimp here... http://www.gimp.org/

The tutorials are helpful, and here's the one for making animated pictures... http://www.gimp.org/tutorials/Simple_Animations/

Have fun
Falcon4

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 161
User Banned

Report this Post11-11-2006 07:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Falcon4Click Here to visit Falcon4's HomePageClick Here to Email Falcon4Send a Private Message to Falcon4Direct Link to This Post
You mean like this?

That was Adobe Premiere + Photoshop + Jasc Animation Shop 3.

edit: Also, stay away from fading/morphing transitions... they require each frame to be constantly redrawn and individually stored, making the file size absolutely huge. Try a pullaway "blinds" type transition, you know, where the image gets pulled apart in bars, revealing the second picture? Less motion used there, IIRC. Basically, the more the whole viewing area changes, the bigger the file will be. I haven't worked with typical "GIF makers", but I see the results of them everywhere...

------------------

'87 Fiero GT, Automatic, 153k miles, stock everything, just trying to make it all work again.

[This message has been edited by Falcon4 (edited 11-11-2006).]

F-I-E-R-O

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2006 07:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F-I-E-R-OClick Here to Email F-I-E-R-OSend a Private Message to F-I-E-R-ODirect Link to This Post
I use Photoshop + Jasc Animation Shop 3 myself. Let me know if there is something I can do for you in an avatar, I'd be happy to help.

Andrew

------------------
Great Fiero & PFF Apparel and Accessories...

Falcon4

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 161
User Banned

Report this Post11-11-2006 07:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Falcon4Click Here to visit Falcon4's HomePageClick Here to Email Falcon4Send a Private Message to Falcon4Direct Link to This Post
Haha. Nice to see someone else rebelling against the utter crap of "ImageReady" that's bundled with Photoshop. May Adobe forever be cursed for bundling useless crapware with their products.
Bruno Mid Engine

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2006 09:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Bruno Mid EngineClick Here to Email Bruno Mid EngineSend a Private Message to Bruno Mid EngineDirect Link to This Post
Hay F-I-E-R-O, thanks for the offer. Will have to gather some pics then see if I can battle my way through the software suggested, got winter ahead. You may be hearing from me. Thanks for the suggestions all. L8R Bruno

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock