Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  I'm entitled to this rant today (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
I'm entitled to this rant today by aceman
Started on: 11-10-2006 11:13 AM
Replies: 41
Last post by: aceman on 11-12-2006 07:20 PM
aceman

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 203
Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2006 11:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for acemanSend a Private Message to acemanDirect Link to This Post
It's 0930 today. I'm waking up with a cup of coffee today at home...... It's Veterans' Day (Observed) I look outside to see that my garbage has not been picked up and I have some basement cleaning to do this weekend and an empty 2nd garbage can that could be filled. So, I'm wondering if garbage pick up has been delayed a daydue to the Federal Holiday. I called Waste Management.

Debra: Good Morning, Waste Management. How can I help you?

Me: Yes, since today is Veterans' Day, will my garbage be picked up today?

Debra: Yes, sir, we only adjust pick up for National Holidays.

Me: Huh? WTF are YOUR National Holidays? (My language and temper are still a bit out of whack and to the extreme 1 year after Iraq)

Debra: New Years Day, MLK Jr Day, Presidents Day, Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day.

Me: Debra, WTF happened to Columbus Day and TODAY, VETERANS' DAY. Debra, so those days are State Holidays? So, today is not an important holiday to you and WM? So WM can honor two dead presidents, 1 dead black leader, all the dead servicemembers, their independence, and their happy asses on Labor Day, but you don't recognize the veterans that have spent time protecting your dead asses and your NATIONAL HOLIDAYS? Debra, you're a f-ing idiot! Good bye.

Sorry, I had to rant today. I think as a veteran on two wars, I'm entitled.

Happy Veterans' Day (observed) fellow brothers and sisters of the services.

(Now, I have to fill an empty trash can up with junk that's probably not allowed to be thrown)
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2006 11:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post
My bad. I always thought Veteran's Day was celebrated on Mondays. Even the local news today listed govt. closures on this coming Monday. My wife is off this Monday.
I'm confused....and embarrassed.
aceman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2006 11:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for acemanSend a Private Message to acemanDirect Link to This Post
This is why I don't think anyone thinks of this holiday. Veterans' Day is always November 11th, regardless of the day. If the 11th is on Saturday, the observed holiday is Friday. If on Sunday, it's observed on Monday.
ryan.hess

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 319
Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2006 11:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ryan.hessSend a Private Message to ryan.hessDirect Link to This Post
So really you get two days....
CenTexIndy

Feedback score:    (32)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 59
Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2006 11:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CenTexIndySend a Private Message to CenTexIndyDirect Link to This Post
Hey Ace,

THANK YOU X10,000,000,000,000 for your service.

You and ALL the vets are not forgotten by my company. ANY vet that walks in today and places an order receives 50% off.

Thank you again for your service.
Wolfhound

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 113
Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2006 11:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WolfhoundClick Here to visit Wolfhound's HomePageSend a Private Message to WolfhoundDirect Link to This Post
11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month for ceremonies at Arlington.
School is out here today?
Have a good day all.
LZeitgeist

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 126
Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2006 12:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LZeitgeistSend a Private Message to LZeitgeistDirect Link to This Post
What, so you ruined her day just so you could blow off some steam?

She answers the phone for Customer Service. Do you think she gets to pick the holidays? That she schedules the pickups?

Hell, she was working when most of the rest of the country is off.

Thank you for everything you did for our country (twice, even!), but you made an ass of yourself taking it out on some poor woman on the other end of the phone. Great job.

Hell, since you got her name, call back and apologize for being an ass to her.
Scott-Wa

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2006 12:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Scott-WaClick Here to visit Scott-Wa's HomePageSend a Private Message to Scott-WaDirect Link to This Post
Schools are closed here for the holiday. You were pretty rude to someone that had to work this holiday.
connecticutFIERO

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 224
Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2006 01:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for connecticutFIEROSend a Private Message to connecticutFIERODirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Scott-Wa:

Schools are closed here for the holiday. You were pretty rude to someone that had to work this holiday.

Hey I'm working too.

Thanks to all the veterans out there. I hope you have the day off at least.
litespd

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 176
Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2006 02:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for litespdSend a Private Message to litespdDirect Link to This Post
I'm a Federal Employee, and I'm working today.....

Although, we work Saturdays, too...so I'm off for the actual holiday.

From one vet to another...aceman, I'll bet you're going to have a problem with garbage pickup from here on out...
aceman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2006 02:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for acemanSend a Private Message to acemanDirect Link to This Post
I went off over the "we only adjust pick up for NATIONAL HOLIDAYS." I didn't go off because she didn't realize that it was Veterans' Day. I went off because she didn't think it was a Federal or "national" holiday.
PFF
System Bot
jstricker

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 370
Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2006 03:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jstrickerSend a Private Message to jstrickerDirect Link to This Post
And actually, we should all observe a moment of silence for our fallen soldiers on the 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month. That's an easy way to remember it.

John Stricker

Originally posted by aceman:

This is why I don't think anyone thinks of this holiday. Veterans' Day is always November 11th, regardless of the day. If the 11th is on Saturday, the observed holiday is Friday. If on Sunday, it's observed on Monday.

The ROK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2006 04:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for The ROKSend a Private Message to The ROKDirect Link to This Post
All military personel that came into where i worked got a 50% discount on their food, but they had to be in uniform.
JohnnyK

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 354
Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2006 05:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnnyKSend a Private Message to JohnnyKDirect Link to This Post
That was pretty ****ing rude of you.. SHE doesn't decide that, guy...
Fastback 86

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 231
Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2006 05:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fastback 86Send a Private Message to Fastback 86Direct Link to This Post
Seriously man, what the hell? I understand what you're upset about, but what did she do? She doesn't make the schedule. She answers phones for minimum wage. You had no reason to cuss her out.
Falcon4

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 161
User Banned

Report this Post11-10-2006 05:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Falcon4Click Here to visit Falcon4's HomePageSend a Private Message to Falcon4Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by LZeitgeist:

What, so you ruined her day just so you could blow off some steam?

She answers the phone for Customer Service. Do you think she gets to pick the holidays? That she schedules the pickups?

Hell, she was working when most of the rest of the country is off.

Thank you for everything you did for our country (twice, even!), but you made an ass of yourself taking it out on some poor woman on the other end of the phone. Great job.

Hell, since you got her name, call back and apologize for being an ass to her.

I agree completely. Thanks for being a total ass.

And what the hell happened to a "servicemembers' holiday"? I feel so left out. We've got holidays for the dead guys, the not dead, ex-military guys, and... what about the not dead military guys?

------------------

'87 Fiero GT, Automatic, 153k miles, stock everything, just trying to make it all work again. :D
Wolfhound

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2006 06:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WolfhoundClick Here to visit Wolfhound's HomePageSend a Private Message to WolfhoundDirect Link to This Post
OK, Lay off Aceman,
I,m sure he was probably typing his thoughts rather than his words. If he did say them, I'm sure he apologized.

In a war zone profanity runs amok, it's an emotional release. It becomes so common you no longer hear it.

When I first returned home, my family treated me to a Welcome Home Party with a fine home cooked meal. My Grandmother Aunts, Uncles, Cousins, Laid out like Thanksgiving Dinner.

Before I knew what I had said, I blurted out: " Mama, These are the best f**king peas I've ever ate"

There was a moment of silence and I noticed my sister vibrating. She turned her head and sprayed tea all over the dinning room. I said " well they were" , then everyone burst into laughter.

Enough, he was trying to make a point

[This message has been edited by Wolfhound (edited 11-10-2006).]

JohnnyK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2006 07:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnnyKSend a Private Message to JohnnyKDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Wolfhound:

Before I knew what I had said, I blurted out: " Mama, These are the best f**king peas I've ever ate"

You just compared complimenting peas to freaking out on some poor girl.
Wolfhound

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2006 07:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WolfhoundClick Here to visit Wolfhound's HomePageSend a Private Message to WolfhoundDirect Link to This Post
Hope you enjoyed it. Apparently didn't understand it.
aceman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2006 08:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for acemanSend a Private Message to acemanDirect Link to This Post
Once again, Debra, is so f-ing stupid, she apparently thinks that Veterans' Day is not a Federal Holiday. It's some sort of holiday, but not an "important" one to her.

Sure, it's probably not important as she has to work, but still......."We adjust our pickups on National Holidays."

[This message has been edited by aceman (edited 11-10-2006).]

mtncrasher

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2006 09:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mtncrasherSend a Private Message to mtncrasherDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Wolfhound:

" Mama, These are the best f**king peas I've ever ate"

I had to put this in the quotes topic!!!
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum6/HTML/026806-13.html
G.

[This message has been edited by mtncrasher (edited 11-10-2006).]

PFF
System Bot
JohnnyK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2006 12:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnnyKSend a Private Message to JohnnyKDirect Link to This Post

Once again, Debra, is so f-ing stupid, she apparently thinks that Veterans' Day is not a Federal Holiday. It's some sort of holiday, but not an "important" one to her.

Sure, it's probably not important as she has to work, but still......."We adjust our pickups on National Holidays."

I kind of figured you'd wake up today, feel like a jerk and apologize.. Guess not eh..

aceman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2006 01:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for acemanSend a Private Message to acemanDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JohnnyK:

That was pretty ****ing rude of you.. SHE doesn't decide that, guy...

Johnny, you are sooo right. She doesn't decide if she's stupid and an idiot; her parents made a lot of that decision. I'm not pissed that WM or Debra decided to pick up my garbage yesterday. I'm upset that Debra didn't have a clue that Veterans Day IS a "National", or actually a Federal Holiday, Or that Debra couldn't think outside the box as to why I was calling at 0930 to check on the pick up of my garbage on a holiday. (Since my garbage is picked up by 0900 every Friday, except on weeks when there's a holiday.) But, Debra is quick enough to reel off the holidays that are the only "important" ones. So I think I'm entitled to be an ass to someone like that on Veterans' Day when this country is in the middle of a war churning out 200,000+ war veterans

Debra was probably about 20yrs old. She has no true idea about Veterans' Day. My kids know why they had yesterday off from school, but their friends that were playing with them in the yard didn't. It took one of their friends to ask about the meaning of the banner with the gold star that hung opposite of the U.S. Flag I hung outside my door to understand what yesterday/today signifies.

We teach kids in schools about Christmas, Thanksgiving, MLK Jr, Presidents', Independence, even Labor Day, but rarely are kids taught about Memorial, Veterans' and Columbus Day
Falcon4

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-11-2006 01:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Falcon4Click Here to visit Falcon4's HomePageSend a Private Message to Falcon4Direct Link to This Post

My kids know why they had yesterday off from school, but their friends that were playing with them in the yard didn't.

Because you beat it into them, I take it?

Seriously, what you did was make one poor phone-answering drone think "God, what total pricks get a holiday". Now you make ex-military members sound like pompous pricks that expect the world to cater to their every whim one day a year.

At this point I'm almost glad this whole holiday is a grey area for current service members... wouldn't want to be considered part of the "pompous prick" group. All I do is sometimes ask about a military discount at stores and though it eats me up inside, I don't make a big deal out of it if they don't. It's not the cashier's decision, the same way it's not phone-drone's decision that your garbage was picked up late on a holiday. I'm still curious why you're complaining about that.

Anywho...
aceman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2006 02:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for acemanSend a Private Message to acemanDirect Link to This Post
Jeezus, you still don't get it. I get pissed over the ignorance of someone stating basically, that Veterans' Day isn't one of the IMPORTANT holidays. She didn't think that it was a NATIONAL holiday. She classified it like that of a day of: Fathers Day, Mothers Day, Valentines Day, Yom Kippur, St Patrick's Day. Those aren't Federal Holidays.

If Debra had said, "No sir, WM doesn't take Veterans' Day off. Your pickup will be today as scheduled. The collectors are probably just behind schedule." I would have said thank you and proceeded to use that delay yesterday to fill up my other garbage can.

Instead, Debra INSULTED me by stating that it wasn't a NATIONAL HOLIDAY. Her, personally, not giving a damn that it was Veterans' Day was waaaay down on the list of what pissed me off. But, if we want to get into what's important to Debra, from the sound of her voice.....Debra would kick and scream if she didn't get MLK Jr Day off and would probably have a worse reaction then me if roles were reversed on MLK Jr Day.
Falcon4

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-11-2006 03:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Falcon4Click Here to visit Falcon4's HomePageSend a Private Message to Falcon4Direct Link to This Post

But, if we want to get into what's important to Debra, from the sound of her voice.....Debra would kick and scream if she didn't get MLK Jr Day off and would probably have a worse reaction then me if roles were reversed on MLK Jr Day.

OOooo... I get the drift now.

Rant on.

edit: Okay, this needs an explanation for the others. See, I had in my mind that "Debra" was the typical secretary model, and told Ace in the typical "it's just my job" voice that Veteran's day wasn't important enough to take off. But now I get the other typical "city welfare ***** " voice... you know the girl. That chick that thinks she's doing you a favor by answering the phone. Pretty much the only way you can get out of that situation is by "lube up and bend over" or roundhouse kick the ***** in the general area of where tits would be if they weren't made of lard. Verbally, that is. God knows the whole city would have your ass if you actually DID do that... which isn't far off my list.

So props to you for giving Ms. "Mah Job!1" a good what-for.

edit edit: Hmm, I found a new censored word. The B-word.

[This message has been edited by Falcon4 (edited 11-11-2006).]

Hulk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2006 03:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HulkSend a Private Message to HulkDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by CenTexIndy:

Hey Ace,

THANK YOU X10,000,000,000,000 for your service.

Thank you again for your service.

Ditto.

One thing though: before you rant on a forum, ALWAYS be prepared for the morons who don't understand what a rant really is > , let alone what you're ranting about.
------------------
86 Fiero GT
-Stage eleventy billion...(pieces, that is!)

04 Mustang "Terminator" Cobra
-K&N FIPK
-DiabloSport Performance Tune
-MGW T-56 Shifter

[This message has been edited by Hulk (edited 11-11-2006).]

Fastback 86

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 231
Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2006 03:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fastback 86Send a Private Message to Fastback 86Direct Link to This Post
So her alleged ignorance, or her simple restating of company policy justifies you acting like a complete asshat? Thats convenient.
pokeyfiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2006 05:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroDirect Link to This Post
Screw Columbus Day.
84Bill

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 461
User Banned

Report this Post11-12-2006 05:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fastback 86:

So her alleged ignorance, or her simple restating of company policy justifies you acting like a complete asshat? Thats convenient.

Bahh.. who needs a reason to act like an asshat? Its the American way of doing things.
Falcon4

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-12-2006 06:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Falcon4Click Here to visit Falcon4's HomePageSend a Private Message to Falcon4Direct Link to This Post
Ahh, you guys need to read my last reply. If anyone thinks he's beating up on a poor secretary girl for relaying a company's (er, government's) information, well... you've got the wrong welfare-sucking twit in mind.
PFF
System Bot
aceman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2006 07:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for acemanSend a Private Message to acemanDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Falcon4:

Ahh, you guys need to read my last reply. If anyone thinks he's beating up on a poor secretary girl for relaying a company's (er, government's) information, well... you've got the wrong welfare-sucking twit in mind.

If you are trying to call my remark racist about the secretary, Falcon4, CAREFUL............I've been to and graduated from DEOMI. (Defense Equal Op Mgmt Institute.) I know you haven't even seen the walls of that course, Falcon4

That wasn't racist, that was calling a spade a spade.

[This message has been edited by aceman (edited 11-12-2006).]

Wolfhound

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2006 07:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WolfhoundClick Here to visit Wolfhound's HomePageSend a Private Message to WolfhoundDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pokeyfiero:

Screw Columbus Day.

I move we make "Screw Columbus Day" an offical holiday.
Signed :Geronimo

[This message has been edited by Wolfhound (edited 11-12-2006).]

aceman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2006 07:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for acemanSend a Private Message to acemanDirect Link to This Post
Wolfhound, go for it.

South Dakota doesn't recognize Columbus Day, the state calls it Pioneer Days.
Wolfhound

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2006 07:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WolfhoundClick Here to visit Wolfhound's HomePageSend a Private Message to WolfhoundDirect Link to This Post
Aceman the above photo was taken at Mt. Vernon Ala. just north on Mobile.
I might add :He was a Veteran.
aceman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2006 08:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for acemanSend a Private Message to acemanDirect Link to This Post
And thus, why I stated that South Dakota calls Columbus Day.......Pioneer Day.

I never said that Federal Holidays were equal, fair or made sense.......

Christmas is a religious holiday for Christians

Veterans' Day is for Veterans'

Memorial Day honors our veterans that died in the line of duty

Thanksgiving Day is to celebrate a bunch of political, religious enemeies of England settling in America

Columbus Day celebrates a guy that wasn't the first to discover the USA

Labor Day celebrates the Union Labor movement

Presidents' Day celebrates a couple dead presidents that can be debated how good they really were

Martin Luther King Jr Day celebrates a dead black for his civil right movement.

Independence Day celebrates our nation's freedom. It's about the least controversial holiday

New Years Day celebrate the new year..........Big Deal to anyone, really.
edhering

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2006 10:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for edheringClick Here to visit edhering's HomePageSend a Private Message to edheringDirect Link to This Post

Wolfhound, go for it.

South Dakota doesn't recognize Columbus Day, the state calls it Pioneer Days.

Suddenly I understand why SD elected Tom Daschle to be one of its Senators for so long...

Ed
reapermedic

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2006 11:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for reapermedicSend a Private Message to reapermedicDirect Link to This Post
First and foremost, a thank you to any and all veterans whether active or not, during wartime or not. Our way of life is a debt we owe. Do I agree with your frustrations, absolutely. Do I think you picked on the wrong person, yep. Is it a sad comentary on the way things have become, unfortunately. My son will know and understand.

------------------
"You may be a king or a city streetsweeper, but sooner or later, you dance with the reaper."

Falcon4

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-12-2006 06:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Falcon4Click Here to visit Falcon4's HomePageSend a Private Message to Falcon4Direct Link to This Post

If you are trying to call my remark racist about the secretary, Falcon4, CAREFUL............I've been to and graduated from DEOMI. (Defense Equal Op Mgmt Institute.) I know you haven't even seen the walls of that course, Falcon4

And that wasn't racist either, it was slapping an irritating little pain in the ass upside the head verbally. I was just saying I now understand just who it was we're dealing with here, and it wasn't the nice, kind phone operator we expect to hear from tech support.
Scott-Wa

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2006 07:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Scott-WaClick Here to visit Scott-Wa's HomePageSend a Private Message to Scott-WaDirect Link to This Post

But his reply sure was... the woman has a job, may be not doing it up to your standards but she does have a job, and he calls her a "city welfare ***** ".

Hope you had a nice weekend otherwise Aceman.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock