Started on: 11-10-2006 11:03 AM
Replies: 16
Last post by: ryan.hess on 11-11-2006 11:45 AM
ryan.hess

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 319
Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2006 11:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ryan.hessSend a Private Message to ryan.hessDirect Link to This Post
I ordered a muffin fan. (A muffin fan?) A muffin fan.

It was shipped monday USPS priority mail. I checked delivery status 2 days ago, and it says: "Your item was delivered at 12:48 PM on November 8, 2006"

First, the mail never comes that early. She delivers the mail at about 4:30pm. At any rate, it didn't come in on the 8th or 9th. She usually leaves a key for a parcel box in the mail box... This has happened once before - from what I gathered, all the parcel boxes were full, so instead of delivering it to my door, she kept it an extra day.

BUT - I don't think that was the case on the 8th and 9th.....

The 9th, I even made her come to my door by requesting a carrier pickup for 5 packages (muhahaha!) But it STILL didn't come in.

This sucks. If it doesn't come in today, how am I going to get my money back? It says it was DELIVERED. F***, I should have just gone to radioshack.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
tutnkmn

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 65
Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2006 11:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tutnkmnSend a Private Message to tutnkmnDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ryan.hess:

I ordered a muffin fan. (A muffin fan?) A muffin fan.

It was shipped monday USPS priority mail. I checked delivery status 2 days ago, and it says: "Your item was delivered at 12:48 PM on November 8, 2006"

First, the mail never comes that early. She delivers the mail at about 4:30pm. At any rate, it didn't come in on the 8th or 9th. She usually leaves a key for a parcel box in the mail box... This has happened once before - from what I gathered, all the parcel boxes were full, so instead of delivering it to my door, she kept it an extra day.

BUT - I don't think that was the case on the 8th and 9th.....

The 9th, I even made her come to my door by requesting a carrier pickup for 5 packages (muhahaha!) But it STILL didn't come in.

This sucks. If it doesn't come in today, how am I going to get my money back? It says it was DELIVERED. F***, I should have just gone to radioshack.

Oh, do you know the muffin man,
The muffin man, the muffin man,
Oh, do you know the muffin man,
That lives on Drury Lane?

Sorry, could not resist.

Check with your neighbors, someone might have it. Happens out here a lot with FedEx.

If not, call the company and explain it was not delivered. Then call the Post Office and complain. Usually the company insures these things.
aceman

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 203
Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2006 11:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for acemanSend a Private Message to acemanDirect Link to This Post
Ryan, it won't be delivered today: Veterans' Day holiday.

Nevermind.....Admin Offices only today. No delivery, tomorrow.

[This message has been edited by aceman (edited 11-10-2006).]

fierogirls-mom

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2006 11:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogirls-momSend a Private Message to fierogirls-momDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by aceman:

Ryan, it won't be delivered today: Veterans' Day holiday.

Wrong on that one Mark, we get tomorrow off. There is mail delivery today.
Today I get off because tomorrow is supposedly my day off.

Ryan, did you ask her about the package?
Did she say she delivered it?
If so where did she deliver it?

Call the post office or make a run down there, maybe it's sitting on the shelf.

ryan.hess

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2006 11:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ryan.hessSend a Private Message to ryan.hessDirect Link to This Post
No, go figure - I completely spaced asking her yesterday. It's not that big of a deal if it doesn't show up, but getting mail (from any carrier - UPS, fedex, etc) is a hassle here, and it's just so frustrating.... It's like everyone's allergic to my front door, so they have to find other places to stuff the package.

enjoy your day off

litespd

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 176
Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2006 02:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for litespdSend a Private Message to litespdDirect Link to This Post
Ryan, when you call, ask to speak to the carrier supervisor. Tell him that you checked the status online, and that it shows that it was delivered...but that you never received it. They should be able to determine, via the scanner used, which carrier scanned it in...and then, they can go and ask that particular carrier where the package is.
ryan.hess

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2006 03:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ryan.hessSend a Private Message to ryan.hessDirect Link to This Post
Well I should get a call back within an hour... My guess is it was probably an honest mistake- she put the parcel key in the wrong mailbox...

84fiero123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2006 10:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by ryan.hess:
but getting mail (from any carrier - UPS, fedex, etc) is a hassle here, and it's just so frustrating.... It's like everyone's allergic to my front door, so they have to find other places to stuff the package.
enjoy your day off

Get rid of the land mines sign on your walk and maybe they will come in. j/k

------------------
Technology is great when it works,
and one big pain in the ass when it doesn't.
Detroit iron rules all the rest are just toys.

Falcon4

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 161
User Banned

Report this Post11-10-2006 11:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Falcon4Click Here to visit Falcon4's HomePageSend a Private Message to Falcon4Direct Link to This Post
Heh, my problem is that I get packages delivered that still say "not delivered"... always a fun time.

As far as the delivery time, well... the carriers don't have scanners with them, that I know of, so it gets scanned and "delivered" as soon as it gets on the truck. Usually my packages are delivered at like, 9:30am, way before mail even thinks of getting here (around 3pm-4pm). Ah well.

USPS is still the most reliable of the three - FedEx, UPS, and USPS. UPS is just utter crap.

------------------

'87 Fiero GT, Automatic, 153k miles, stock everything, just trying to make it all work again. :D
Whuffo

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2006 02:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WhuffoClick Here to visit Whuffo's HomePageSend a Private Message to WhuffoDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Falcon4:

USPS is still the most reliable of the three - FedEx, UPS, and USPS. UPS is just utter crap.

You apparently haven't had the DHL experience yet. They set the standard for crap; UPS looks like angels compared to these losers...
Falcon4

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 161
User Banned

Report this Post11-11-2006 03:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Falcon4Click Here to visit Falcon4's HomePageSend a Private Message to Falcon4Direct Link to This Post
Eh, I've had one company (I can't remember quite who, but I think it was some RMA job) send something with DHL. Pretty well tracked, pretty fast, too. Then again, many people will say the same about UPS. And let's just say... UPS can't deliver anything intact.
PFF
System Bot
Vonov

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2006 08:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for VonovSend a Private Message to VonovDirect Link to This Post
UPS...when it absolutely, positively has to be destroyed overnight...
ryan.hess

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2006 09:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ryan.hessSend a Private Message to ryan.hessDirect Link to This Post
Actually I've had VERY good luck with DHL. They always come early, and don't deliver a ratty box.

Originally posted by Vonov:
UPS...when it absolutely, positively has to be destroyed overnight...

Like when the mini blinds came in crushed with tire tracks on them..... Now that was funny!

Well the good news is the carrier stopped by and found my package. She put the key in the wrong box, but she brought it to my door! She's nice
litespd

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2006 10:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for litespdSend a Private Message to litespdDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Falcon4:
As far as the delivery time, well... the carriers don't have scanners with them, that I know of, so it gets scanned and "delivered" as soon as it gets on the truck. Usually my packages are delivered at like, 9:30am, way before mail even thinks of getting here (around 3pm-4pm). Ah well.

Actually, the USPS carriers SHOULD have a scanner with them at all times. Another thing to consider...on my route, I deliver the large parcels in the morning, before I start delivering mail. So, even though I might usually show up at a house at 2:30PM, a large parcel for that house would be delivered around 9:30-10:00 AM...and would be scanned at that time, not the time I delivered the mail. That could be what's going on in your situation.

And thanks for the thumbs up....usually, all we hear is the bad stuff.

fierogirls-mom

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2006 10:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogirls-momSend a Private Message to fierogirls-momDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by litespd:

Actually, the USPS carriers SHOULD have a scanner with them at all times. Another thing to consider...on my route, I deliver the large parcels in the morning, before I start delivering mail. So, even though I might usually show up at a house at 2:30PM, a large parcel for that house would be delivered around 9:30-10:00 AM...and would be scanned at that time, not the time I delivered the mail. That could be what's going on in your situation.

And thanks for the thumbs up....usually, all we hear is the bad stuff.

So that's how you city carriers do it, huh? In the morning before you start your route...lol.
If he was on a rural route, we deliver it when we get to the house and yes, they should have a scanner on them. (what a royal pain they are!)

Yes, we hear about bad stuff, but occasionally there is good stuff too.
Like a few weeks ago when the lady that owns the adult trailer park told my boss off. (he's cutting routes)
She told him if he took me off the route, he'd have 300+ senior citizens marching on the post office.
What a sight that would be! Sometimes, it feels good to be loved and appreciated for doing your job.
You don't know how good that made me feel.

Ryan, I'm glad everything got straightened out for you. It never hurts to talk to your mail carrier.
Actually it makes it easier for us. We aren't mind readers.

litespd

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2006 10:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for litespdSend a Private Message to litespdDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierogirls-mom:
So that's how you city carriers do it, huh? In the morning before you start your route...lol.
If he was on a rural route, we deliver it when we get to the house and yes, they should have a scanner on them. (what a royal pain they are!)

It's easier that way. We don't have the area to cover that you rural carriers do. I get a lot of LARGE parcels everyday. If I waited until I got to the relay to deliver the parcel, I'd be dodging parcels in my vehicle all day long. Plus, I have a few one-way streets on my route. In many cases, I'd have to drive several blocks out of my path of delivery to get to that house to deliver it. It just makes more sense...and takes less time...delivering all of them before I start the mail delivery.

Yes, we hear about bad stuff, but occasionally there is good stuff too.
Like a few weeks ago when the lady that owns the adult trailer park told my boss off. (he's cutting routes)
She told him if he took me off the route, he'd have 300+ senior citizens marching on the post office.
What a sight that would be! Sometimes, it feels good to be loved and appreciated for doing your job.
You don't know how good that made me feel.

Yeah, but you're talking SENIOR citizens here...think about how long it would take them to get to the PO, what with all of the walkers, wheelchairs, etc. How many of them would actually make it? It'd be like watching the settlers along the Oregon Trail...

Ryan, I'm glad everything got straightened out for you. It never hurts to talk to your mail carrier.
Actually it makes it easier for us. We aren't mind readers.

I agree. If we don't know there's a problem, we can't help you, or get the problem fixed. I hear people talking about problems they have with their mail carriers, and I urge them to call the Post Office, and talk to the supervisor or Postmaster about it. "Oh no, I don't want to get anyone in trouble" is what they usually tell me. But if you don't make the complaint...you're not going to get any results. I like it when my customers tell me about something that I've done, or a sub on my route has done, because that way, I can resolve the problem, and everyone is happy. I also don't mind when someone calls my supervisor or the Postmaster. Usually, they just inform me about the call, and I take it from there. That's what my job is...to make my customers happy with my service. Anything I can do to make it better for them, I do.

But for God's sake....don't piss me off.....

ryan.hess

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2006 11:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ryan.hessSend a Private Message to ryan.hessDirect Link to This Post
Now if only I could train UPS and Fedex to come to my door!

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock