Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  Did the elections turn out the way you wished? (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
Previous Page | Next Page
Did the elections turn out the way you wished? by htexans1
Started on: 11-08-2006 08:17 AM
Replies: 80
Last post by: 84Bill on 11-14-2006 05:30 PM
htexans1

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 118
Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2006 08:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for htexans1Send a Private Message to htexans1Direct Link to This Post
Did the elections turn out in your neck of the woods the way you wished? Did they turn out the way you expected them to or not? I am interested in hearing the "Fiero communities" view on their local races.

S. Williams

Here, the races turned out the way I expected.

------------------
1988 Fiero Formula T-tops
CJB 143 of 1252 "factory T-top cars"

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
NEPTUNE

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 288
Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2006 08:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NEPTUNESend a Private Message to NEPTUNEDirect Link to This Post
I think a two party government is better than a one party government.
Yeah, no big surprises here.
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2006 08:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post
For the most part, they turned out how I expected. There were a couple of races on the local level I wish had gone different, like the Mike Nifong race. He's the DA in Durham NC that's prosecuting the Duke LaCrosse case. I don't like how he's handled it at all. He got 49% of the vote against a man who said he didn't want the office and wouldn't serve and a third candidate who was a write in. That says a lot about how many people don't approve of Nifong. The irony is if there had only been one opposition candidate, Nifong would have lost, but with votes split three ways, he eeked out a victory.

That and a $970M school bond passed in my county. That'll be a big hike in my property taxes. I was against it primarily because we just got the lottery this year and the whole thing was sold to us about how it will pay for schools, education, etc. It's even called "The North Carolina Education Lottery." So, as soon as the lottery passes, they introduce the largest spending bond in the history of the state for education?

Now that the Republicans don't hold a total majority, there's either going to be gridlock or there will have to be some bipartisan compromise. I see that as a very good thing. We need some more oversight and we haven't been getting it recently.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2006 08:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by NEPTUNE:

Actually, I think a two party system sucks eggs. We get to choose the lesser of two evils . All I kept hearing before the elections were 'this click wants control'. I really don't think either represents the wishes of the people what with all the political action commities and special interests. If a man wanted to run for office and efect change, he would have no chance against these established clicks. But you are right. It is better than a one party click.
htexans1, no, at this point and time, I was rooting for the R click.
cccharlie

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 65
Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2006 09:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cccharlieSend a Private Message to cccharlieDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by NEPTUNE:

Yeah, no big surprises here.

Well said.

I votet a mixed ticket.

I was glad to see RI contribute to the dilution of Republican power in D.C. Somewhat better balance, I think.

I was also happy that we retained our Republican governor in RI. But we probably need more Reps in RI to have a decent balance of power.

Lets hope they ALL remember who they work for - us!
Wichita

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2006 09:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaDirect Link to This Post
I predicted right on the local level all but two races.

National Level I missed a few. I still can't believe J.D. Haysworth lost in Arizona. That guy is cool.

But! Republicans needed to get a good swift kick in the ass and to realize that their power is checked and we will not stand for corruption.

What was strange is that Corruption topped the agenda, more than Iraq on polling voters yesterday on why they voted.

DesignFlaw06

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2006 09:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DesignFlaw06Send a Private Message to DesignFlaw06Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by htexans1:

Did the elections turn out in your neck of the woods the way you wished?

Yep, they're over! Moving on to Christmas commercials now........

Tim
fierobear

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 383
Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2006 10:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Formula88:Now that the Republicans don't hold a total majority, there's either going to be gridlock or there will have to be some bipartisan compromise. I see that as a very good thing. We need some more oversight and we haven't been getting it recently.

I'm feeling a lot more pessimisitc. I don't anticipate bipartisan compromise. As I've said before, politics is about power. The Rs had it, the Ds wanted it. The Ds got it, but not enough that they can do whatever they want. I see gridlock coming.

edhering

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2006 10:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for edheringClick Here to visit edhering's HomePageSend a Private Message to edheringDirect Link to This Post
I am satisfied--as I have been in every election I've participated in, since 1992--that the system worked exactly the way it's supposed to.

And yes, I include the elections of 2000 in that.

I think Neal Boortz makes an excellent point when he says that this election is a much-needed wakeup call--or kick in the ass--for Republicans. They've gone soft and wandered away from the things which gave them a majority in Congress in 1994.

Am I happy? Not even a little bit. The elections didn't turn out the way I wanted them to. I would rather not have to hear about "Speaker Pelosi" for the next couple of years.

That said, however, I am eagerly anticipating hearing about the Democrat plans to "solve" all the GWB-caused "problems". They''ll be worth a laugh or two.

Ed

PS I'm also looking forward to hearing all the Democrats talk about "finally getting a fair election". That'll be a hoot. Because of course "fair"="Democrats win".
PPS I do think these were ACTUALLY FAIR elections, by the way--"fair" in the classic sense in the word, not the way Democrats usually mean it. The Democrats just won this one, is all.
fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2006 10:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by edhering:

I am satisfied--as I have been in every election I've participated in, since 1992--that the system worked exactly the way it's supposed to.

And yes, I include the elections of 2000 in that.

I think Neal Boortz makes an excellent point when he says that this election is a much-needed wakeup call--or kick in the ass--for Republicans. They've gone soft and wandered away from the things which gave them a majority in Congress in 1994.

[quote]Am I happy? Not even a little bit. The elections didn't turn out the way I wanted them to. I would rather not have to hear about "Speaker Pelosi" for the next couple of years.

I'm told Pelosi is worth $50 million. Yup, a real (wo)man of the people, she is.

that said, however, I am eagerly anticipating hearing about the Democrat plans to "solve" all the GWB-caused "problems". They''ll be worth a laugh or two.

Ed

Hey, Ed, at least one silver lining - they can't blame us anymore.

PS I'm also looking forward to hearing all the Democrats talk about "finally getting a fair election". That'll be a hoot. Because of course "fair"="Democrats win".
PPS I do think these were ACTUALLY FAIR elections, by the way--"fair" in the classic sense in the word, not the way Democrats usually mean it. The Democrats just won this one, is all.

How much do you think we'll be hearing about "election stealing" now? My bet is ZERO. At least when Rs lose, they won't turn into crybabies.

frontal lobe

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 166
Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2006 10:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for frontal lobeSend a Private Message to frontal lobeDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierobear:

I'm feeling a lot more pessimisitc. I don't anticipate bipartisan compromise. As I've said before, politics is about power. The Rs had it, the Ds wanted it. The Ds got it, but not enough that they can do whatever they want. I see gridlock coming.

The R's had it and squandered the use of it. Shameful. But at least there is some lasting effect with the placement of two Supreme Court judges.

If you see gridlock coming, then I wouldn't feel pessimistic. I love gridlock. Because this country really doesn't NEED the government we get out of Washington. The BEST government performance in my lifetime was under Clinton, when he and congress couldn't get a budget done and so the government shut down except for "essential services". Gridlock at its finest and government performance at its best.

Regarding the question by htexans1, in Wisconsin the people voted by a wide margin to amend the state constitution to define marriage as between one man and one woman, and that any other "unions" were not afforded equal status to that. So I am VERY glad about that. The sad part about it is that I really didn't care if companies offered benefits to unmarried people, including homosexual couples. But they tried to push their agenda, and so now have wound up with significantly less rights than they would have if they would have just not been pushy.
PFF
System Bot
Butter

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 91
Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2006 11:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ButterSend a Private Message to ButterDirect Link to This Post
I must be in tune with the rest of my state.

Everyone and everthing I voted for won!!!

Mom and Dad don't have to worry about their property taxes going up anymore.

Gay Marriage is now an Oxymoron in TN.
fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2006 11:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by frontal lobe:
If you see gridlock coming, then I wouldn't feel pessimistic. I love gridlock. Because this country really doesn't NEED the government we get out of Washington. The BEST government performance in my lifetime was under Clinton, when he and congress couldn't get a budget done and so the government shut down except for "essential services". Gridlock at its finest and government performance at its best..

That's an interesting way to look at it. Not all bad, really. I prefer less government. If I could figure out a way to "vote gridlock", but keep the bastages from raising my taxes, that would work fine for me.

Wichita

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2006 11:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaDirect Link to This Post
Pelosi is the richest person in the House.

What is funny is that she owns a winery and some high end hotels in California. Her winery is the only one in the entire region that it is in that employees non-union labor. Same goes for her hotels. While most of California hotels have a union housekeeping, her hotels do not.

cccharlie

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 65
Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2006 11:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cccharlieSend a Private Message to cccharlieDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by frontal lobe:
If you see gridlock coming, then I wouldn't feel pessimistic. I love gridlock. Because this country really doesn't NEED the government we get out of Washington. The BEST government performance in my lifetime was under Clinton, when he and congress couldn't get a budget done and so the government shut down except for "essential services". Gridlock at its finest and government performance at its best.

EXACTLY!!!!!

The job of the Dems is to stop the Rep agenda.
The job of the Reps is to stop the Dem agenda.

If you are really opposed to "big government", support gridlock.
RandomTask

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2006 11:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RandomTaskSend a Private Message to RandomTaskDirect Link to This Post
This is going to be an interesting next couple of months. I think the dems might have shot themselves in the foot though depending on how they act. If they just do everything anti-republican like I think they will, and the R's pull a good candidate for the 2008 election, they might not have a chance. What I absolutely hated about this election though it was soo republican vs democrat. Theres so much animosity between the two parties it was absolutely rediculous. "Yay we have control!" really ticks me off. It just implies that you and you're group are power hungry and thats all they care about. Lets go back to the main focus of the elections. Not democrats, republicans, or number of seats, but rather the united states itself. I want to see how the democrats are going to take critisism now that they're in control. They kept bashing bush and the senate saying they were doing piss poor. Lets see how they carry the ball. Balls in your court dems, bush still gonna be a scapegoat?
RandomTask

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2006 11:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RandomTaskSend a Private Message to RandomTaskDirect Link to This Post

RandomTask

4539 posts
Member since Apr 2005

Originally posted by frontallobe:

I have to disagree. Clinton ran a policy of appeasment and public opinion whoring. He let bin laden go. He ignored north korea (actually helped by sending them money). He let attacks against us go unanswered. As far as the economy went, he just rode the .com boom (which as we know, eventually tanked). Under Bush, the economy is now not only strong, but has a firm footing.

I will agree to you on some extent. A lot of our politicians need to realize that they don't have to keep passing retarded laws to make themselves feel useful.

[This message has been edited by RandomTask (edited 11-08-2006).]

Toddster

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 503
Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2006 11:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterDirect Link to This Post
I knew the GOP would lose seats but I honestly thought they would hold a slim majority in both houses. They are barely hanging onto the senate and may lose it still depending on the final count in two states. I figured they could afford to lose 12 seats and still keep the House but they seem to have lost upwards of 30 seats due to the fact that most of the Dems running were conservatives and this afforded Americans an opportunity for balance and they took it.

OH well, I 'm just glad we have conservatives running things still. Now maybe we will get REAL immigration reform.
fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2006 11:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Wichita:

What is funny is that she owns a winery and some high end hotels in California. Her winery is the only one in the entire region that it is in that employees non-union labor. Same goes for her hotels. While most of California hotels have a union housekeeping, her hotels do not.

Not to mention the labor at the vinyard is migrants. Where is that liberal/labor outrage at your new leader?

fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2006 11:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

fierobear

27079 posts
Member since Aug 2000

Originally posted by RandomTask:

I have to disagree. Clinton ran a policy of appeasment and public opinion whoring. He let bin laden go. He ignored north korea (actually helped by sending them money). He let attacks against us go unanswered. As far as the economy went, he just rode the .com boom (which as we know, eventually tanked). Under Bush, the economy is now not only strong, but has a firm footing.

I will agree to you on some extent. A lot of our politicians need to realize that they don't have to keep passing retarded laws to make themselves feel useful.

FYI, random, you got the quote wrong. That wasn't me.

RandomTask

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2006 12:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RandomTaskSend a Private Message to RandomTaskDirect Link to This Post
Sorry, fixed.
PFF
System Bot
FrugalFiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 77
Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2006 12:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FrugalFieroDirect Link to This Post

I DENY THESE FALSE ALLEGATIONS!
connecticutFIERO

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 224
Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2006 12:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for connecticutFIEROSend a Private Message to connecticutFIERODirect Link to This Post
I'm happy. All I ever wanted was justice, end to rampant blatant corruption, and a fresh look at how to finish the job in Iraq. Now we will see the creatures pulled out from under their rocks and into the sunlight. There was some MAJOR lies and propaganda over the last few years that led us to war and kept us from facing reality. Those people will be scrutinized, and dealt with accordingly. Then we'll get back to GROWING the middle class instead of shrinking it. I just hope we can hold on long enough to accomplish these things.
connecticutFIERO

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 224
Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2006 12:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for connecticutFIEROSend a Private Message to connecticutFIERODirect Link to This Post

connecticutFIERO

7696 posts
Member since Jun 2002
p.s. I was never a big fan of Pelosi. I like my politicians with less freaky face lifts.
Wolfhound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 113
Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2006 12:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WolfhoundClick Here to visit Wolfhound's HomePageSend a Private Message to WolfhoundDirect Link to This Post
Couldn't be no better. Oh it is, Rummy is going to Cut and Run, to use a well known phrase.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15622266/
84Bill

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 461
User Banned

Report this Post11-08-2006 01:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillDirect Link to This Post
Turned out exactly as I expected. No big surprises for me.
intlcutlass

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2006 01:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for intlcutlassSend a Private Message to intlcutlassDirect Link to This Post
Slightly off topic ,

I work p/t to assist a DJ friend of mine..... We got to do Sherrod Browns party last night...

Kucinich was there. MAN, his 25 y/o Red headed wife is a BOMBSHELL.

Anyway , I am for a strong government (which would make you think Republican), but I am completely for the Dems....Actually , I am for anybody who's honest, and works for the PEOPLE.

The comment about the shrinking middle class..... 110% agree, and I hope this changes things a bit.

Also with reguard to curruption , I am SURE it's on both sides. It would be nice to get through a couple years and not hear of too many examples.

[This message has been edited by intlcutlass (edited 11-08-2006).]

RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 304
Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2006 01:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZDirect Link to This Post
No she's still here

------------------

1984 Fiero SE

Brian Lamberts

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 101
Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2006 02:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Brian LambertsSend a Private Message to Brian LambertsDirect Link to This Post
I was fairly worried that the Republicans had established a permanent majority--with all the Gerrymandering in the congressional districts, and the lack of congressional oversight over the Executive branch, and packing the the courts with rightwing judges. We were well on our way to an elected dictatorship.

Whether the Dems float your boat or not, it's nice to see that the system worked, that the America people rose up and said 'enough is enough." I personally like the fact that President Bush got his ass kicked yesterday.

For a variety of reasons, I'm pleased with the national results. The statewide results here in Nevada are not to my liking.
NEPTUNE

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 288
Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2006 02:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NEPTUNESend a Private Message to NEPTUNEDirect Link to This Post
In an interesting race for the Florida state legislature, environmental lawyer Scott Randolph (D) beat incumbent Sherri McInvale (R) by 61% to 39%. Ms Mcinvale won her seat as a Democrat, then switched parties after the election.
The republican party spent heavily in the race, to no avail.

Oh, yeah. And Defense secretary Donald Rumsfeld resigned.

[This message has been edited by NEPTUNE (edited 11-08-2006).]

Jeremiah

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 76
Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2006 02:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JeremiahSend a Private Message to JeremiahDirect Link to This Post
Uhh... which Democrat is more conservative than the person he/she replaced?

Blue shift, baby. W00T

Originally posted by Toddster:

I knew the GOP would lose seats but I honestly thought they would hold a slim majority in both houses. They are barely hanging onto the senate and may lose it still depending on the final count in two states. I figured they could afford to lose 12 seats and still keep the House but they seem to have lost upwards of 30 seats due to the fact that most of the Dems running were conservatives and this afforded Americans an opportunity for balance and they took it.

OH well, I 'm just glad we have conservatives running things still. Now maybe we will get REAL immigration reform.

PFF
System Bot
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2006 02:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

Now maybe we will get REAL immigration reform.

Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2006 02:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post
I haven't noticed any screams of "stealing the election" or impropriety or election fraud. Guess that only happens when Republicans win.

I voted a split ticket this year because I wanted a better balance of power. Gridlock is the only way to force cooperation. Conn has painted a rosy picture of all the good things that can happen now that the pure of heart and noble of thought Democrats have returned from exile. It remains to be seen if their actions will live up to the talk.

Oh, so she's a Republican? Cool.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2006 03:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Formula88:
It remains to be seen if their actions will live up to the talk.

What talk? They didn't even run against their opponents. They ran their opponents against the President. I heard no plan.
Spektrum-87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2006 04:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Spektrum-87GTSend a Private Message to Spektrum-87GTDirect Link to This Post

...may lose it still depending on the final count in two states.

Well, they did lose it. Wins have been declared in both Montana and Virginia but Allen hasn't conceded yet. You'll see Allen fight for a recount, which will go nowhere. ~7000 votes off would be a huge error, especially with all the electronic voting that VA uses now.

I'm not at all suprised by the outcome of the elections. America has needed a postive change for quite some time.

[This message has been edited by Spektrum-87GT (edited 11-08-2006).]

Falcon4

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 161
User Banned

Report this Post11-08-2006 04:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Falcon4Click Here to visit Falcon4's HomePageSend a Private Message to Falcon4Direct Link to This Post
No, they didn't. Prop 87 died a long, painful death. And so did I while watching the numbers come in.

It's official. California is the dumbest state in the USA.

------------------

'87 Fiero GT, Automatic, 153k miles, stock everything, just trying to make it all work again. :D
Butter

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 91
Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2006 04:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ButterSend a Private Message to ButterDirect Link to This Post

Now maybe we will get REAL immigration reform.

New Conservative Democrate Immigration reform--

All illegal immigrants must be deported or register and vote for a Democrate to stay!!
frontal lobe

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 166
Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2006 04:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for frontal lobeSend a Private Message to frontal lobeDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Brian Lamberts:

I was fairly worried that the Republicans had established a permanent majority--with all the Gerrymandering in the congressional districts, and the lack of congressional oversight over the Executive branch, and packing the the courts with rightwing judges. We were well on our way to an elected dictatorship.

Oh, brother. You were worried for nothing, then. The Republicans had a majority and they didn't accomplish anything with it. But the biggest "oh, brother", is saved for your comment about packing the courts with right wing judges. That is hilarious, on the heels of DECADES of the courts being packed with liberal ctivist judges who just through out the constitutions they were sworn to defend, and wrote laws from the bench.

You were worried about an "elected" dictatorship, yet weren't at all concerned about the UNelected dictatorships that liberal activist judges were doing for decades.

connecticutFiero, I am glad you wanted an end to rampant blatant corruption. I don't personally see how this vote accomplishes that. I will be glad if it does, but I am not holding my breath. I am just expecting rampant blatant corruption benefitting different people. And regarding a "fresh" look at how to finish the job in Iraq, that is still primarily going to be the president's job and the presidency didn't change. But "fresh" doesn't mean better or effective. And I haven't heard any democratic ideas about ending the war that made anyone but Iran and terrorists happy. And I am not saying any of this in a bitter or argumentative, or complaining way.
sostock

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2006 04:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sostockSend a Private Message to sostockDirect Link to This Post
i'm very happy.

cigs tax didn't pass.

stem cell research passed.

my local rep brian pratt one.

mccaskill won senate.

rummy got fired.

i couldn't be happier. actually i'm smitten with joy.
Toddster

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 503
Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2006 04:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterDirect Link to This Post

Don't forget Corde Valle. A private Country Club she co-owns in San Martin, California (5 miles from my house) in which this "environmentalist" illegally bulldozed a wild life habitat killing two endangered species. She was required to rebuild the habitat...never did. The Country club was also supposed to be open to the public. it isn't. When the Government sued her to make it publis (as per the use permit) her defense was "The guests of our members are public". The state didn't find that answer amusing. But the public is still barred at the gate. Members, BTW have to pay a $250,000 joining fee plus maintenance.

Pelosi is reportedly worth $50 Million dollars. Her predecessor Haster less than $1 Million.

....power to the people!!!
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock