Saw III what did you think? by TD37
Started on: 10-28-2006 01:10 AM
Replies: 20
Last post by: blakeinspace on 11-03-2006 05:14 PM
TD37

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2006 01:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TD37Click Here to visit TD37's HomePageSend a Private Message to TD37Direct Link to This Post
Who here went to see Saw III? I did tonight for the late show. As background, I have gone to the theater for all 3. I went to the first one and I LOVED it. I truely thought it was one of the best movies I had ever seen. The end blew me away like nothing I had ever seen. I thought the second was was pretty good but seemed to "crazy for the sake of being crazy" for me, almost like the excitment was a little forced. With the first one being so great in my eyes I thought the second one was a solid sequel. I prepared for the third. I was excited, maybe this was my downfall... I watched it tonight and was dissapointed in the first quarter by how much raw gore which was just too over the top. But it did end up in a pretty good storyline as the movie progressed. However, in the end I left feeling very shocked and feeling I missed something since I was never really suprised at all, even less than the second one. Maybe I'm missing something, I don't want to throw any spoilers in but maybe if someone here who saw it and really understood it PM or email me and maybe you can help me understand it a little bit cuz I think I really missed something. If I didn't...then I think the movie wasn't very good at all...

If you are a SAW hater, or "don't understand why people like movies like this" please don't post here and steal my thread for you're rants. Start you're own. i simply want to discuss this movie if I can

-Tim
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
under8ted

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
User Banned

Report this Post10-28-2006 02:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for under8tedSend a Private Message to under8tedDirect Link to This Post
I want to know who the saw is !!!!!!

I've got one and 2 on DVD, and the ending of 2 gives me an idea of who.....but then hollywood has a way of screwing up perfectly good storeylines.

OK, never mind the spoilers...........is it as good as 1 and 2 for a real horror fan ?

should I blow $40 on the big screen, or wait 6 weeks and get the DVD for $20?
TD37

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2006 03:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TD37Click Here to visit TD37's HomePageSend a Private Message to TD37Direct Link to This Post
Personally, I didn't like it very much at all.

Saw 1 - GREAT!!!
Saw 2 - Pretty good...
Saw 3 - eh, not that great...

That is my opinion. It costs $40 to see a movie in canada?!?!?!?! I went for $8.25 and I thought I was getting robbed. If you're into turn you're stomach make people leave the theater gore, this is it. This is the first movie I actually felt sick at. The whole thing isn't like this (most of it is flashbacks actually) but the intense parts made me sicker than a dog just sitting there watching. I guess the reason I loved the saw series is because it really blended horror with a very eleborate story with hidden twists that you could never see coming. A more intellectual horror film per say. This is not the case in this movie, the story (I think) was sacrificed for gore. And to be honest...a few of the games are pretty weak-sauce. I guess I would take it or leave it, but even if someone told me it wasn't that great, I would have to see it in theaters anyway. Let me know what you thought if you do go see it, I'm interested to see if anyone feels the way I do. Otherwise, enjoy the Triology DVD pack. Or will it end at a triology...........

-Tim
under8ted

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
User Banned

Report this Post10-28-2006 04:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for under8tedSend a Private Message to under8tedDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TD37:

Personally, I didn't like it very much at all.

Saw 1 - GREAT!!!
Saw 2 - Pretty good...
Saw 3 - eh, not that great...

That is my opinion. It costs $40 to see a movie in canada?!?!?!?! I went for $8.25 and I thought I was getting robbed. If you're into turn you're stomach make people leave the theater gore, this is it. This is the first movie I actually felt sick at. The whole thing isn't like this (most of it is flashbacks actually) but the intense parts made me sicker than a dog just sitting there watching. I guess the reason I loved the saw series is because it really blended horror with a very eleborate story with hidden twists that you could never see coming. A more intellectual horror film per say. This is not the case in this movie, the story (I think) was sacrificed for gore. And to be honest...a few of the games are pretty weak-sauce. I guess I would take it or leave it, but even if someone told me it wasn't that great, I would have to see it in theaters anyway. Let me know what you thought if you do go see it, I'm interested to see if anyone feels the way I do. Otherwise, enjoy the Triology DVD pack. Or will it end at a triology...........

-Tim

By the time I buy tickets, popcorn, and pop for both me and the wife, 40 bucks is probably lowballing. Last time we went I handed her a hundred and got nothing back.

hell, our 1st date in person cost me 10 bucks to the drive-in, and after 10 minutes we never did see a movie. Movies were city by the sea, 8-legged freaks and finding nemo..........

I still havnet seen 8-legged freaks begining to end.

maybee I'll buy her a rubber spider for xmas

Yes, sex is possible in a Geo Storm
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2006 09:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by under8ted:

By the time I buy tickets, popcorn, and pop for both me and the wife, 40 bucks is probably lowballing. Last time we went I handed her a hundred and got nothing back.

Sounds like a wife problem not the price of the movie.
isthiswhereiputausername?

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 155
Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2006 10:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for isthiswhereiputausername?Send a Private Message to isthiswhereiputausername?Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jake_Dragon:

LOL

we went and saw prestige the other day.. cost about $35 after snacks and 2 tickets.. then another $25 to the babysitter who got to site for 3 hrs watching the bigscreen tv sincee the kids were sleeping (late showing at the threater)
cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2006 10:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jake_Dragon:

Jake, you talking abut my wife ?
Me, I know better than to give any woman a hundred dollar bill .
Boondawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post10-28-2006 12:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cliffw:

Me, I know better than to give any woman a hundred dollar bill .

Really? I LOVE giving women money!
They ALMOST look like they LIKE me!
Best money I ever spent.

cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2006 01:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boondawg:
Best money I ever spent.

As they say, we all pay for 'it'.
Automoda

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2006 09:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AutomodaSend a Private Message to AutomodaDirect Link to This Post
I liked the movie but it was forgettable. I saw the 'twist' so easily that it wasnt much of a twist. This was true for The Prestige too, except that I liked that movie quite a bit more than SawIII. Still, I'll go see SawIV if it ever gets made.

Just a comment on the Saw series: Just once I'd like to see someone figure out a way to beat a trap that Jigsaw didnt think to include. For instance, who the hell steps into a freezer carrying a stick like a baseball bat, when the obvious thing to do, and what I would have done, is to place the stick in such a way that the door cant close far enough to trap me inside. We all know about freezer-traps. And um, Jigsaw does a LOT of 'door shuts behind you' so why did he fall for it a second time eh? Just once somebody needs to get really smart. Perhaps it could even be gory smart, like using a tooth to jamb some gears-- sacrifice a tooth instead of something more important like an eye or whatever. Just a thought.

I saw an advertisement for Hostel 2 before the movie-- I'll go see that one too.

------------------

87 Quad 4 HO convertible

Toddster

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 503
Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2006 11:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterDirect Link to This Post
I never knew there was a SAW 1 or 2.

and I'm glad.
PFF
System Bot
KeithGT

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2006 12:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KeithGTSend a Private Message to KeithGTDirect Link to This Post
I wanna go see it

[This message has been edited by KeithGT (edited 10-29-2006).]

JohnnyK

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 354
Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2006 12:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnnyKSend a Private Message to JohnnyKDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Toddster:

I never knew there was a SAW 1 or 2.

and I'm glad.

Why would you post that? I don't think he cares and asked you not to post that.

Haven't seen it yet, probably will.. 2 did not impress me much.> Neither did 1, but it was alright.
mysticfire6602

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-30-2006 12:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mysticfire6602Send a Private Message to mysticfire6602Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Automoda:
Still, I'll go see SawIV if it ever gets made.

it comes out next haloween, i saw it on the news
JohnnyK

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 354
Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2006 01:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnnyKSend a Private Message to JohnnyKDirect Link to This Post
Ok, getting a little played out now.....
TD37

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2006 01:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TD37Click Here to visit TD37's HomePageSend a Private Message to TD37Direct Link to This Post
Yeah, I just read on bloody-disgusting.com that Saw 4 should be out next halloween and they will begin to write Saw 5....I was afraid of this, they are just getting greedy...oh well I still love the first one...

http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/7533

-Tim
lou_dias

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2006 12:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lou_diasSend a Private Message to lou_diasDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by under8ted:
Yes, sex is possible in a Geo Storm

Been there, done that and in the Fiero too.

Tom Slick

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2006 12:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom SlickSend a Private Message to Tom SlickDirect Link to This Post
i saw (no pun intended) it last night, didn't want to pass out candy to the greedy kids.
i thought it was pretty good. not as good as the first one but better than the second.
i thought it there was a little too much gore.
i heard theres going to be a 4th one but how, didn't jigsaw... i know it could be the guy
looking for his... can't wait.

when jigsaw had his flashback i saw one of the characters from the first one. i noticed it cause
that guy is on Lost and when i did some research his name came up as a cast member for the first one.

for the next one are they going to go back in time to show how jigsaw got started, the prequel...

i'm going to have to watch the I and II again and go watch III again.
Iron_Mark_2003

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2006 03:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Iron_Mark_2003Send a Private Message to Iron_Mark_2003Direct Link to This Post
Saw 3 was horrible. It totally distracts from the plot at alot of points. It becomes more of a gorefest and just sheer brutality instead of the original saw's twisted plot of "how much would you go through to save yourself". Saw 1-YES! Saw 2- Ummm Sure... Saw 3-Hmmmmm WTF was that?
TD37

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2006 04:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TD37Click Here to visit TD37's HomePageSend a Private Message to TD37Direct Link to This Post
Thank you Iron Mark, that is pretty much what I am thinking about it. As just a movie by itself it wasn't too bad, but as a SAW MOVIE it was pretty crappy. You have to judge it by the same bar as set by the first one. I've got a feeling #4 and 5 will be dreadful...but knowing me...after a couple teaser previews I'll spend my money and see them...sigh...

PS - I think Hostel Part: 2 will be terrible as well...and part 3 and 4 and 5 and 6.....

-Tim
blakeinspace

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2006 05:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceDirect Link to This Post
Several NTFC horror fans saw the flick last night... had supper during the movie. It did not bother me in the least... well the drill in the head... a little, but the rest... no problem.

SAW III did not live up to the first, and as someone pointed out... the very intellectual premis of how far would you be willing to go to save your own life.

I don't need to see it again, but I will probably be in line to buy ticket when the next one comes out...

That was pretty much the consensus with the other people that went.
PFF
System Bot

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock