Started on: 10-18-2006 02:49 PM
Replies: 15
Last post by: Jake_Dragon on 10-20-2006 01:34 PM
Synthesis

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 295
Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2006 02:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post
This is a kickass idea

Take an easy-to handle 20' ISO container frame. Outfit it with folding walls and the best in Canadian design. "The result is as smart as it is efficient, suitable for a family of four and a pet to live off the grid in comfort and contemporary style. It travels by train, truck, ship, airplane or helicopter, folded up and indistinguishable from any ordinary shipping container. Once it arrives, it unfolds rapidly to 480sf of self-contained, sophisticated living space with all the comforts of home." It is an exhibition piece rather than a real living space,-" Its main purpose is to raise awareness internationally of Canadian capabilities, not just for Canada’s sake, but for the sake of those who want to learn from us about how to live softly, smartly, and stylishly on this shared planet." Nicely done.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
FieroMGDriver

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2006 03:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMGDriverSend a Private Message to FieroMGDriverDirect Link to This Post
I saw that on tv a few weeks ago. I can't remember the channel, but I think it was HGTV or similar. The one on tv could sustain itself completely off the grid. Very cool!
Pyrthian

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2006 03:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PyrthianSend a Private Message to PyrthianDirect Link to This Post
well, that should make the trip more comfy for them chinese slaves that get shipped in containers....
Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2006 04:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post
Cutting the sides out of them will make them weak.
I dont know if I would want to sleep off the grid in a room that you can open with a pocket knife.
AJ7

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 69
Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2006 04:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AJ7Send a Private Message to AJ7Direct Link to This Post
need to put it on a trailor.... i like the idea... lol
Jax184

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 111
Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2006 05:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jax184Click Here to visit Jax184's HomePageSend a Private Message to Jax184Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jake_Dragon:
I dont know if I would want to sleep off the grid in a room that you can open with a pocket knife.

Have you ever heard of this thing called a "tent"?
tutnkmn

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 65
Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2006 05:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tutnkmnSend a Private Message to tutnkmnDirect Link to This Post
Be good for long distance car shows, no need for a hotel room. Tandem trailer, car and house on the same trailer. Sleep in the parking lot
Nurb432

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 224
Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2006 06:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Direct Link to This Post
best in Canadian design?

The aussies have been doing this same concept out of 'cargo carriers' for years now.. They even have gone so far as to make 'apartments' out of a bunch of these things.. THey market them for 'emergency situations' as well. Better then a tent city after a natrual disaster.

But ya, a neat concept
aceman

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 203
Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2006 07:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for acemanSend a Private Message to acemanDirect Link to This Post
We did this to 40 footers when the Transportation Battalion went to the field. Instead of the sides dropping like that, we had 4 rollup doors giving us 8x10 rooms on each flatbed.On room was my office, the other was my section's sleeping area; cmplete with bunk beds. The rooms had lights outlets and a/c and panelled.
Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2006 07:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jax184:

Have you ever heard of this thing called a "tent"?

well yes and we dont have one of them any more. The world has changed, cant hitch a ride you could get killed, cant sleep outside you could get killed, cant share music or you could go to jail and wish you were dead.
Dont even think about playing TAG
Tammykos

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2006 08:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TammykosClick Here to visit Tammykos's HomePageSend a Private Message to TammykosDirect Link to This Post
Think outside the box.
PFF
System Bot
Fosgatecavy98

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2006 03:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fosgatecavy98Send a Private Message to Fosgatecavy98Direct Link to This Post

well yes and we dont have one of them any more. The world has changed, cant hitch a ride you could get killed, cant sleep outside you could get killed, cant share music or you could go to jail and wish you were dead.

hahahaha that last line made me crack up, i just read that topic
JohnnyK

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 354
Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2006 11:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnnyKSend a Private Message to JohnnyKDirect Link to This Post

where the **** are you setting up your tent.. Newark?
sostock

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2006 12:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sostockSend a Private Message to sostockDirect Link to This Post
those have been around for years. down here they have wheels and a motor, they call them "RV's".
blakeinspace

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2006 10:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceDirect Link to This Post
10 bucks says IKEA will start carrying them next month
Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2006 01:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JohnnyK:

where the **** are you setting up your tent.. Newark?

Nope Polk County Florida

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock