Started on: 10-13-2006 06:51 PM
Replies: 17
Last post by: 84fiero123 on 10-17-2006 07:18 PM
fierofetish

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 277
User Banned

Report this Post10-13-2006 06:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofetishSend a Private Message to fierofetishDirect Link to This Post
You wouldn't guess it from this photo :

but he is terminally ill, as you mostly all know.It is six months since he was bitten by the fly which spreads Leishmaniasis ( a fatal disease for dogs, and a potentially dangerous illness for humans). Just in the last couple of days, it has come back to a small degree, causing him to be sick in the mornings, and very tired at night.We are ready to go through all the injections etc again, but ope it won't be too bad this time. I kow people here sent good wishes and 'doggie' prayers for him last tme, and I am sure it helped us, and therefore him to fight the disease. It will kill him one day, but we are doing our best to see that he has a happy and healthy life as far as possible.
Just thought you might like to see this hilarious photo:'It's a dog's life'...
Nick

------------------
fierofetish.PFF'S self-confessed Snowbird!!

Growing old is harder than growing up.
Responsibility: the solution for our World's Dilemmas..
Yahoo messenger:nickcannspain
MSN Messenger-nicholascann@hotmail.com

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
FieroRumor

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 348
Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2006 08:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post
It's nice of you to take care of him the way you have. no doggie lives forever, but he seems to be doin' alright for now (quality of life-wise)

Good owner, GOOD OWNER!!!

*pets you on the head, rubs your belly, and feeds you a nicky-biscuit*
fierofetish

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-13-2006 08:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofetishSend a Private Message to fierofetishDirect Link to This Post
Hahaha!! You wacky guy!! You always make me smile!!! Thanks Chris
Nick
motoracer838

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2006 08:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for motoracer838Send a Private Message to motoracer838Direct Link to This Post
I'm Sorry to hear that he's had a small relapse and glad to hear that he's doing as well as he is, we knew that there would be bumps in the road, in general it sounds like he's doing better than we could have hoped for.

Take care. Joe
pokeyfiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2006 08:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroDirect Link to This Post
Hope your buddy does well Nick.

Just an obsevation of my own. I have three newborn pups and one is deaf and very pink skinned so intolorant to light. She sees well except in direct sunlight.
She is a Double Dapple Miniature Dachshund and rare. Breeders would have put her down. My opinion is that she just needs more love and just like your dog it isn't in short supply.
fierofetish

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-13-2006 08:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofetishSend a Private Message to fierofetishDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Joe
Pokey, stick wth it.Love and care from 'Boss' works wonders..sending you all a 'doggie-prayer' to help you on your way
Nick
pokeyfiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2006 08:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofetish:

Thanks Joe
Pokey, stick wth it.Love and care from 'Boss' works wonders..sending you all a 'doggie-prayer' to help you on your way
Nick

Nick we do what we do because of who we are and what we represent. Many put a value on it and sometimes you have to but I personally have a hard time equating money and love with the same value system. I guess you do too.

Wishes sent bud.
fierofetish

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-13-2006 08:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofetishSend a Private Message to fierofetishDirect Link to This Post
Too true Andrew..that is why I was upset when somebody emptied my Bank account last week..it was money put by for Zwerver's treatment, when he gets ill again. Luckily the Bank got it all back again . Had it not been able to, then the money I am trying to save to fix my Fiero would have replaced it..no question in my mind, as to which was more important
Thanks for the wishes, my Friend
Nick
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2006 11:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Direct Link to This Post
Sorry to hear Zwever is having a relapse. I know you will do everything you can for him, sure looks like he is being treated well.

Wish I could do more than send good thoughts but he will be in Melanie’s prayers. We both know you will know when his time has come and allow him to go with dignity.

I know we all have pets that are more part of the family than pets, I know we do here and you do there.

Hope you have much more time to be with him, but when his time comes remember

“he will not be in a grave, he will be in the wind that blows, in the sun that shines, the water that flows, do not cry for him,”

(I know you will), He will have had the time with you and will be with you for the rest of your life. No matter what he will always be with you in spirit.

There is a poem, not the rainbow bridge one but another that I will try to find that says some of the things I just quoted.

He is loved by many here on this forum even though we have never met him I know I feel I know him, and will undoughtedly (SP) cry when he does pass.

I feel for all animals, and Zwerver more so because of your posts about him.

Here is to many, many more years of Bones for Zwerver to chew and couches to lay on like he is in that picture.

Again hope he recovers quickly.

------------------
technology is great when it works
and one big pain in the ass when it doesn't.
Detroit iron rules all the rest are just toys.

Fieros_Forever

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2006 12:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fieros_ForeverSend a Private Message to Fieros_ForeverDirect Link to This Post

FieroFetish:

I had to do a little searching, but I managed to dig this out of my Mother's things.

My Mother was a dog person until the day that she died. She loved them, and this was one of her favorite poems.

I hope that you enjoy it. Mother always said that you will never have love, like you are loved by a dog.

Hang in there! He will be just fine!

-FF

TREAT ME KINDLY

Treat me kindly, my beloved friend,
For no heart in all the world is more
Grateful for kindness than the loving
heart of me.

Do not break my spirit with a stick,
For though I should lick your hand
between blows, your patience and
understanding will more quickly
teach me the things you would
have me learn.

Speak to me often, For your voice is
the world's sweetest music, as you must
know by the fierce wagging of my tail
when your footsteps fall upon my ears.

Please take me inside when it is cold
and wet, For I am a domesticated
animal, no longer accustomed to the
bitter elements. I ask no greater glory
than the privilege of sitting at your
feet beside the hearth.

Keep my pan filled with water, for I
cannot tell you when I suffer thirst.
Feed me clean food that I may stay well,
to romp and play and do your bidding,
to walk by your side, and stand ready,
willing and able to protect you with
my life, should your life be in danger.

And, my friend, when I am very old, and
I no longer enjoy good health, hearing
and good sight, do not make heroic
efforts to keep me going.

I am not having fun. Please see that my
trusting life is taken gently. I shall
leave this earth knowing with the last
breath I drew, that my fate was always
safest in your hand.

--- By Beth Norman Harris 1968

fierofetish

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-14-2006 04:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofetishSend a Private Message to fierofetishDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Steve and Fieros_Forever.
Funny thing is, we have found that humans and animals mostly all respond in the same way to kindness...mostly !! Just that Humans have the ability to question that kindness, and its motives.That is where Humans go wrong. We are a devious breed, and it affects both side of kindness..the giver and the receiver. Animals don't question your love for them, they just accept it in blind faith.Humans have sometimes used kindness as a tool, and now we all regard it with mistrust. That is the sad bit for me.
Nick
PFF
System Bot
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2006 04:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fieros_Forever:

TREAT ME KINDLY

--- By Beth Norman Harris 1968

Bobby, I agree with your Mother about that poem. I've read it many times before and I've always liked it.

(By the way, I owe you a PM big time.)

Nick, scratch Zwerver behind the ears and give him warm greetings from the west coast of Canada.

fierogirls-mom

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2006 05:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogirls-momSend a Private Message to fierogirls-momDirect Link to This Post
Hi Nick, sorry to hear about Zwerver. Since you caught it in it's early stage this time, I hope the recovery time is much better.

Scratch the little bugger behind the ears, give him a kiss on his snout and a big belly rub from me!
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2006 05:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post
A slightly different version of the poem which Bobby posted:

A Dog's Prayer

Treat me kindly, my beloved master, for no heart in all the world is more grateful for kindness than the loving heart of mine.

Do not break my spirit with a stick, for though I should lick your hand between the blows, your patience and understanding will more quickly teach me the things you would have me do.

Speak to me often, for your voice is the world's sweetest music, as you must know by the fierce wagging of my tail when your footstep falls upon my waiting ear.

When it is cold and wet, please take me inside, for I am now a domesticated animal, no longer used to bitter elements. And I ask no greater glory than the privilege of sitting at your feet beside the hearth. Though had you no home, I would rather follow you through the ice and snow than rest upon the softest pillow in the warmest house in all the land, for you are my god and I am your devoted worshiper.

Keep my pan filled with fresh water, for although I should not reproach you were it dry, I cannot tell you when I suffer thirst. Feed me clean food, that I may stay well, to romp and play and do your bidding, to walk by your side, and stand ready, willing and able to protect you with my life should your life be in danger.

And, beloved master, should the great Master see fit to deprive me of my health or sight, do not turn me away from you. Rather, hold me gently in your arms as skilled hands grant me the merciful boon of eternal rest... and I will leave you knowing with the last breath that I draw, my fate was ever safest in your hands.

- by Beth Norman Harris

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 10-14-2006).]

fierofetish

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-14-2006 05:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofetishSend a Private Message to fierofetishDirect Link to This Post
Now the tears are flowing..
Nick
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2006 06:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Direct Link to This Post
I found it, not that you need it now Nick but here is a poem that I hold close to my heart every time we have something pass away here.

Do not stand at my grave and weep.

Do not stand at my grave and weep,
I am not there, I do not sleep.

I am a thousand winds that blow.
I am the diamond glint on snow.
I am the sunlight on ripened grain.
I am the gentle autumn rain.

When you wake in the morning hush,
I am the swift, uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in circling flight.
I am the soft starlight at night.

Do not stand at my grave and weep.
I am not there, I do not sleep.
(Do not stand at my grave and cry.
I am not there, I did not die!
Mary Frye (1932)

------------------

fierofetish

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-17-2006 07:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofetishSend a Private Message to fierofetishDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Steve and Melanie. I've read that before, but couldn't find it. Now I have it saved on my HDD..never have to search again
Zwerver has stopped being sick, and is being a naughty dog yet again !! We will have him around for a while more, that is definite..he told me so himself!!
Thanks again, for taking the trouble to find and post it. That is a true friend
Nick
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2006 07:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Direct Link to This Post
You talk to the dogs too, and they talk back.

I thought I was the only one.

------------------

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock