Started on: 10-10-2006 05:19 PM
Replies: 8
Last post by: Scott-Wa on 10-12-2006 10:42 PM
GTFiero1

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2006 05:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTFiero1Send a Private Message to GTFiero1Direct Link to This Post
went 9.06@147.12mph today
Finished up Doug Foley's Drag Racing school today. Yesterday the first 2 passes to the 330ft mark felt scary as **** when it launched. Dead hooks and 3.5 seconds later your off it, but by the 3.5 seconds your already doing approx 70mph. 60 foot time of 1.256 seconds. Made my 3rd pass today to the 1/8th mile mark which was 5.75@119.52mph . By the 4ths pass i was comfortable with the car and knew what it would do. He let me go to the 1000ft mark which i did 7.53. then finally 2 full 1/4 mile passes, one of which was 9.06 and one at 9.08

I was trying to hit one 8 second pass but couldnt get it. Doug said that 9.06 was the fastest that car has been in a long time (the test passes with the actual driver netted a 9.15 lowest) and pretty much thats all that car has in it. BTW its an 80's cutlass, tube chassis, fiberglass front end, 509ci Big Block with a powerglide trans. Roll up through the water, stop, hit the line lock, pump the brakes and hit the rev limiter and floor it for the burn out. roll up,take off the rev limited, drop it into first, stage, quickly hold the trans brake button, floor it, at the first amber light release the trans brake for a 1 second delay and quickly hold on. about half track the hood and windshield start shaking violently then settle down near the 1000ft mark. Car almost feels like on the brink of loosing control but itll go straight as long as its pointed straight. Whatever, i wasnt letting out of the throttle

have to send in paper work and time slips to the NHRA to get my 9.0 index NHRA license

------------------

Fiero- mild 2.9 160hp
Caprice- wild 383 500hp
--Adam-- ASE Certified Technician
IM AOL: FieroGT5speed

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
fieroluv

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2006 05:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroluvSend a Private Message to fieroluvDirect Link to This Post

I've been wanting to do something like that for a long time... Thought about Roy Hill's drag racing school... How much does something like that run if you don't mind me asking?
hugh

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2006 06:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hughSend a Private Message to hughDirect Link to This Post
Way to go Adam!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
GTFiero1

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2006 07:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTFiero1Send a Private Message to GTFiero1Direct Link to This Post
Doug Foley's was $1,600. Its 2 days with 6 passes in your choice of a door slammer or rail. It was worth it, fun as hell and learned a lot. They also have a thing where you pay a couple hundred and run some small block dragsters (9.90 up, so no license needed) or $150 to ride as a passenger in the cutlass i drove
http://www.dougfoley.com/
tesmith66

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 135
Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2006 07:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tesmith66Send a Private Message to tesmith66Direct Link to This Post
Man, that sounds like fun. Now you're gonna have to build your own doorslammer.

------------------
1986 SE 350 V8

cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2006 08:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post
WOW
Congrats. Awesome.
OHNIKO

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2006 02:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OHNIKOSend a Private Message to OHNIKODirect Link to This Post
that is very cool, thanks for sharing the experience with us.
Brian Lamberts

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 101
Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2006 04:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Brian LambertsSend a Private Message to Brian LambertsDirect Link to This Post
Congratulations. Very cool!
Scott-Wa

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2006 10:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Scott-WaClick Here to visit Scott-Wa's HomePageSend a Private Message to Scott-WaDirect Link to This Post
Sounds like a blast. I want to get a ride in one of our customers cars. Was talking to him about his mustang's first time out at the track last week after completing the new upgrades. First full pass... 8.80 @169mph... on street legal radials thru the mufflers.. He drives this car to and from our shop, and it they ran it up to 1048hp last week on the chassis dyno. I love it... completely streetable small block 1000+ hp car that is legal to 8.50. The tuner was impressed and having to work trying to program the efi and boost so it could launch. On street tires (drag radials) it lifts the front tires a few inches coming out of the hole and then proceeds to start smoking the rear tires with the fronts still in the air. Just something to cool about that Even neater that it drives straight doing that, car used to squirm bad with classic slicks in the rear and skinny radials in the front. When Bob did the install, he hooked the heater back up, the interior is all still there with stock seats... just harnesses in place of lapbelts and a full cage with a drivers side removable bar. Stock paint, stock looking interior, sounds more like a hopped up 5.0 than a full on race car since he has the mufflers and the turbos quieting things down until the loud pedal is pushed hard. And the EFI makes it useable... get in hit the key and drive.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock