Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  Thast right non mechanical me just dropped a Tranny out....

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

Thast right non mechanical me just dropped a Tranny out.... by linenoise
Started on: 10-07-2006 03:04 PM
Replies: 6
Last post by: linenoise on 10-07-2006 07:22 PM
linenoise

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 121
Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2006 03:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for linenoiseClick Here to visit linenoise's HomePageSend a Private Message to linenoiseDirect Link to This Post
Ok so maybe it was just from my Riding mower, but damn I never thought I could actually do it. Next up I have to dian the unit, then open the case and figure out why it's broke.. I have the Service Manual so wish me luck... BTW this is a seal unit. They say just to replace it, however $650 would go along ways towards a new one. I have nothing to lose by trying..

For those who want more info it's a Tuff Torq K51-A and I got the idea on what to look for from http://www.ssbtractor.com/wwwboard/view_all.cgi?bd=lawn&msg=17780

[This message has been edited by linenoise (edited 10-07-2006).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2006 03:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Direct Link to This Post
On purpose?

Or by accident?

------------------
technology is great when it works
and one big pain in the ass when it doesn't.
Detroit iron rules all the rest are just toys.

sostock

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2006 04:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sostockSend a Private Message to sostockDirect Link to This Post
good luck.
i rebuilt a lawn boy push mower a few years ago. by the time i was done i could have saved a lot of time and money and picked up another one at a flea market.
linenoise

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2006 06:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for linenoiseClick Here to visit linenoise's HomePageSend a Private Message to linenoiseDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sostock:

good luck.
i rebuilt a lawn boy push mower a few years ago. by the time i was done i could have saved a lot of time and money and picked up another one at a flea market.

Ok drained it opened the case and just like the thread I found, sure enough the pin was out. Took 2 hours to Drain,Open, Clean, Fix pin, Make gasket and close. Took an hour to take of and I think it will take about 20 minutes to put on since i know how it goes now. So maybe 3.5 hours involved total.

a replacement transaxle is $590 before shipping and John Deere says this transaxle is non servicable.. BS however with thier rates of $75 an hour it would still have cost $300+ so I consider this a major win...

So I just samed my self $75-200 an hour
sostock

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2006 06:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sostockSend a Private Message to sostockDirect Link to This Post
hey good news!

if/when my craftsman dies i'll give ya a shout.
under8ted

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
User Banned

Report this Post10-07-2006 07:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for under8tedSend a Private Message to under8tedDirect Link to This Post
While you are at it, add a NOS sytem to the puppy :-)

(and yes, that IS something I'm planning for the winter. Mine is an Aerens with a 13hp Kohler and a hydrostat........it is gonna be FUUUNNNN on the bottle )
linenoise

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2006 07:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for linenoiseClick Here to visit linenoise's HomePageSend a Private Message to linenoiseDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by under8ted:

While you are at it, add a NOS sytem to the puppy :-)

(and yes, that IS something I'm planning for the winter. Mine is an Aerens with a 13hp Kohler and a hydrostat........it is gonna be FUUUNNNN on the bottle )

We'll I do have this laying around (in the back of my fiero)

of course it would be a lot of work to pull from the fiero just to install it on the tractor

[This message has been edited by linenoise (edited 10-07-2006).]

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock