Started on: 10-03-2006 07:16 PM
Replies: 4
Last post by: topher_time on 10-03-2006 10:53 PM
Phil

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2006 07:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilClick Here to Email PhilSend a Private Message to PhilDirect Link to This Post
I've been getting some conflicting reports on certian areas to avoid while staying in Memphis. As some of you may know the Hot Rod Power Tour is stopping in Memphis next year and I starting to get my hotel reservations started. Any help from a local would be most welcome.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
topher_time

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 64
Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2006 07:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for topher_timeClick Here to Email topher_timeSend a Private Message to topher_timeDirect Link to This Post
What do you want to know? I carry a gun everywhere I go, stuff happens no matter where you are. Downtown and the east side are ok, lots of rebuilding and money spent. The general Midtown and south side areas even I stay away from. Overall, the city is ok, I've lived in better places, looking to move back to Chicago. Just pay attention to what is going on around you, stay off cell phones and try too carry a passenger in your car- Memphis drivers . Let me now if you need any more info.
Phil

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2006 08:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilClick Here to Email PhilSend a Private Message to PhilDirect Link to This Post
Well the venue is Memphis Motor Sports Park so I will be looking for a reasonably priced hotel somewhat nearby
JumpStart

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2006 10:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JumpStartClick Here to Email JumpStartSend a Private Message to JumpStartDirect Link to This Post
Mid-town and south-side downtown are the worst in my opinion. Frayser and Raligh Springs are not too much better. Its been several years since I lived there but I lived there 21 years and still visit. Actually Im going there for a week on the 6th this week.

Dont roam around at night alone and watch out for people that hang half their car out into the intersection waiting to turn. Always hated that crap.
topher_time

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 64
Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2006 10:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for topher_timeClick Here to Email topher_timeSend a Private Message to topher_timeDirect Link to This Post
That's where i thought it would be, fun place.
http://www.memphismotorsports.com/

lots of fun stuff to do.Their website has some useful stuff such as hotel recommendations. I'd stick close to downtown, it's gotten a lot better since I moved here a couple years ago. Midtown is still pretty bad, though, maybe worse.

[This message has been edited by topher_time (edited 10-03-2006).]

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock