Any printers out there? by Hulk
Started on: 09-15-2006 04:00 PM
Replies: 4
Last post by: Joe Torma on 09-16-2006 12:06 AM
Hulk

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2006 04:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HulkSend a Private Message to HulkDirect Link to This Post
I've been tasked with record-keeping for our Sunday school group. There are around 50 members. I would like to create a directory that would include pictures, contact info for the individuals, and probably some back ground info on the group and the church we belong to. I have some graphic arts experience, but it's been years since, and I have no access to any equipment. Is there anyone on PFF who is savvy in this area to give me some ideas/provide a cost-effective way to get these printed up? Thanks!
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
connecticutFIERO

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 224
Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2006 04:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for connecticutFIEROSend a Private Message to connecticutFIERODirect Link to This Post
Design it to fit on 11 X 17 so you can print it on copy machines and fold it to make 8 1/2 X 11 black and white booklets. Cheap and easy, plus it looks way better than stapling 8 1/2 X 11's together. I don't know what kind of programs you have, but you could probably use Power Point if you need to. Microsoft Publisher is easy to use if you are familiar with Power Point and Word. Any specific questions?
Wht&BluGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2006 09:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Wht&BluGTSend a Private Message to Wht&BluGTDirect Link to This Post
I would suggest a store like Fedex/Kinkos or The UPS Store. I'm pretty sure that they can handle things like that. Or check CopyMax, its inside OfficeMax, they have pretty cheap prices, you just have to set it up the way you want it, or it will look cheap too.
Hulk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2006 09:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HulkSend a Private Message to HulkDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the replies. I'll look into both your suggestions. I'm sure I'll come up with some specific questions in the process...
Joe Torma

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 129
Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2006 12:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Joe TormaClick Here to visit Joe Torma's HomePageClick Here to Email Joe TormaSend a Private Message to Joe TormaDirect Link to This Post
I own a printing company. If I can help, let me know.
8.5x11 folded to 5.5x8.5 is a nice convenient size for booklets.
I would recommend Publisher over Powerpoint for page layout....and I'd recommend Serif PagePlus over publisher as a powerful low cost solution. You'll want to send a PDF file to the printer so they can (hopefully) print without many problems.

Are you looking for black & white, color? If you're looking for a printer feel free to ask for an estimate. I don't recommend the office supply store for printing, for a few reasons

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock