Croc Hunter by cjgable
Started on: 09-14-2006 06:13 PM
Replies: 14
Last post by: intlcutlass on 09-15-2006 04:46 PM
cjgable

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2006 06:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cjgableSend a Private Message to cjgableDirect Link to This Post
With all due respect this gif had me rolling>> http://www.bangedup.com/bu_posts/crochunterbeta191.gif
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Fiero Thomas

Feedback score:    (170)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 125
Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2006 06:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasDirect Link to This Post
bad
proff

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2006 08:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for proffClick Here to visit proff's HomePageSend a Private Message to proffDirect Link to This Post
way to soon
your a bad man..........
CoryFiero

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2006 08:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoryFieroSend a Private Message to CoryFieroDirect Link to This Post
ROLF hillarious!

RIP
Jax184

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 111
Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2006 08:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jax184Click Here to visit Jax184's HomePageSend a Private Message to Jax184Direct Link to This Post
I don't see anything funny about that.
CoryFiero

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2006 09:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoryFieroSend a Private Message to CoryFieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jax184:

I don't see anything funny about that.

a stingray killed him, and there a stingray is chasing him.. (witch they would never do) steves eyes are like "shiiiiiiiit"

Jax184

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 111
Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2006 09:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jax184Click Here to visit Jax184's HomePageSend a Private Message to Jax184Direct Link to This Post
I got that, yes

But it's not funny to me.
Synthesis

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2006 09:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jax184:

I got that, yes

But it's not funny to me.

I agree...
After having direct contact with him and his family myself, I have to say that image is very poor taste...
DesignFlaw06

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2006 10:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DesignFlaw06Send a Private Message to DesignFlaw06Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Synthesis:
I agree...
After having direct contact with him and his family myself, I have to say that image is very poor taste...

Price you pay for being famous. Not knowing him, I don't find the problem with the picture. It's amusing. Jokes will be made, things will be said, etc. If you do know him or were close to him, you'd find this picture to be in poor taste if it was posted a year, 10 years, whenever from now. That wouldn't change.

To be honest, his death could not have that great big of a shock to anyone. It was simply a matter of time. The guy put himself in situations that nearly got him killed all the time. That's what made him famous in the first place, everyone watching waiting for something to happen to him. And you can tell me anything you want about how uncommon it is for stingrays to sting, or how unprobable of a place he was stung. But bottom line is that if it hadn't been a stingray, it would have been a croc, or a snake, or something else.

Don't misinterpert what I'm saying as a lack of respect. I feel sorry his family and friends. But again, this goes along with fame. Your life (and death) is public, which can be celebrated, insulted, mocked, honored, and taken in anyway the public wants.

Tim
cjgable

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2006 11:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cjgableSend a Private Message to cjgableDirect Link to This Post
I found it comedic because of the expression on his face. I could envision Steve yelling "Crikey! He's about to get me!" with that expression. I had always watched his shows ready for a laugh. This reminds me of watching one of his shows. We'd b/s at work about him in much the same way after watching his shows. For a while there, there wasn't a day went by, that one of us didn't yell "Crikey! He almost bit me!". That line is a classic.
IEatRice

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2006 12:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IEatRiceSend a Private Message to IEatRiceDirect Link to This Post
How many years is it till something is funny? 17? Maybe that's why I didn't laugh.

[This message has been edited by IEatRice (edited 09-15-2006).]

PFF
System Bot
Tommys86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2006 12:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tommys86Send a Private Message to Tommys86Direct Link to This Post
I spit lemonade all over my screen. Crikey its all sticky!
RandomTask

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2006 01:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RandomTaskSend a Private Message to RandomTaskDirect Link to This Post
firstfiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 172
Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2006 04:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for firstfieroSend a Private Message to firstfieroDirect Link to This Post
He seemed like a nice guy but simply put...he was a dumb ass who made a good living puting himself in harms way with dangerous animals. I'm not going to feel bad for him anymore then I felt bad for Dale earnhart when he died. They took risks and died doing it. Yep..it's funny
intlcutlass

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2006 04:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for intlcutlassSend a Private Message to intlcutlassDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DesignFlaw06:

Price you pay for being famous. Not knowing him, I don't find the problem with the picture. It's amusing. Jokes will be made, things will be said, etc. If you do know him or were close to him, you'd find this picture to be in poor taste if it was posted a year, 10 years, whenever from now. That wouldn't change.

To be honest, his death could not have that great big of a shock to anyone. It was simply a matter of time. The guy put himself in situations that nearly got him killed all the time. That's what made him famous in the first place, everyone watching waiting for something to happen to him. And you can tell me anything you want about how uncommon it is for stingrays to sting, or how unprobable of a place he was stung. But bottom line is that if it hadn't been a stingray, it would have been a croc, or a snake, or something else.

Don't misinterpert what I'm saying as a lack of respect. I feel sorry his family and friends. But again, this goes along with fame. Your life (and death) is public, which can be celebrated, insulted, mocked, honored, and taken in anyway the public wants.

Tim

X2

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock