Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  whats the closest you have ever been to death (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
whats the closest you have ever been to death by proff
Started on: 09-14-2006 08:00 AM
Replies: 47
Last post by: MP5Na3 on 09-19-2006 08:12 PM
proff

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2006 08:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for proffClick Here to visit proff's HomePageSend a Private Message to proffDirect Link to This Post
I was getting ready and went off to warm up for a bicycle race. The first 2 miles was up a very steep hill. It would have been Ok if i did a warm up for longer and really did warm up. to Get the heart pumping more blood to the muscles, increase the artery size{happens due to the body heating up}.
But it didn't
Half way up the hill i was in the leade of all the cyclist in the race and felt good enough to stay out in front and to win the race.
As I reached the top I had a heavy chest pain , couldn't breath properly and felt dizzy.
I thought this was not good and let the race go ahead and pulled out.
All heavy exercizes should be started with a good warm up, your life depends in it.
NEVER OVER DO IT
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
achawkins

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2006 08:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for achawkinsClick Here to visit achawkins's HomePageSend a Private Message to achawkinsDirect Link to This Post
I AM the real work Robbie Kanivel (Evil w/o talent). Since I was a small Kenivel I have been jumping things or something dangerous. Here's a short list:

Seriously stabbed
Coutless concusions
Permanent scaring
near decapitation
stitches
open wounds
I NEED a new hip
Broken Bones
cuts
bruises
ingrown toenail

I used to be crazy, or stupid or both. I'm better now and rollercoasters scare me, but not as much as clowns.
fierogtowner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2006 08:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtownerSend a Private Message to fierogtownerDirect Link to This Post
I think this is PFF repeated question. I think the original post was something like what was your closest brush with death. I could save a lot of people a lot of time by finding that post, but I can't find it.
RandomTask

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2006 08:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RandomTaskSend a Private Message to RandomTaskDirect Link to This Post
Like a month ago, I was with my friend leaving my neighborhood. At one of my neighbors house, it looked like there was Christmas lights in the tree. I took a second thought and realized “that’s not right, its august” so I made my friend turn around (he was driving) and get a second glance. The tree was actually shorting out on the power line and every where the tree touched another branch, it was arcing on the leaves, making it look like a bunch of little lights. I got curious and started walking on the lawn, (barefoot) and was about to touch the tree when a little voice inside my head went “That’s a bad idea” so we called the fire dept and waiting for them to get there. Put it together later that the tree was completely energized and if I would have touched it I would have been well done.

So this and skydiving. . .
DesignFlaw06

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2006 09:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DesignFlaw06Send a Private Message to DesignFlaw06Direct Link to This Post
I went to an open-casket funeral, and stood right next to death.

Tim
Wichita

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2006 09:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaDirect Link to This Post
Almost drown and was shocked with 480 volts.

About the closest I guess.

whadeduck

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2006 10:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckDirect Link to This Post
I told a girlfriend of mine once that those jeans DID make her look fat. For some reason, I have a memory gap and a large hospital bill from around that same time. lol I was, however, very sick as a child (two years old or so). I was told that the doctors gave me forty-eight hours. I don't remember it but I suppose it's probably as close as I've been.

------------------
Whade' "The Duck Formerly Known As Wade" Duck
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy (8/26/06)

[This message has been edited by whadeduck (edited 09-14-2006).]

AusFiero

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2006 10:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AusFieroClick Here to visit AusFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to AusFieroDirect Link to This Post
When I had a brain tumour I suppose. Had it not been discovered, eventually I would have literally just stopped breathing because I wouldn't have known how to. It was putting pressure on my brainstem that controls this function.
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2006 10:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post
Was working on a radio transmitter on top of a mountain.
Someone had left the cage off of the high voltage supply.
Got into ~1500 Volts DC. Fortunately, It just went through my hand, and not across my chest.
Still knocked the hell out of me, though. Left a nice burn on my hand.
Pyrthian

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2006 10:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PyrthianSend a Private Message to PyrthianDirect Link to This Post
riding my bicycle up to the video store. movie I wanted to get, so pedaling fast....
I ride on the sidewalk. anyways, going down the sidewalk, pretty quick. coming up on sidestreet. minivan turned onto sidesteet from main road. I lock brakes, fly over handlebars, end up on ground looking at a rear tire heading right for me. luckily - my bike hit the minivan, and the stupid b!tch hits the brakes. tire stops 2" from my face.

FieroRumor

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 348
Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2006 02:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post
Got a cut an artery in my wrist once, lost a LOT of blood.

Almost got my heard taken off by a train (missed about an inch)

But the time I was closest to death's door was after the time I made fun of Boondawg's momma!
*runs and hides in another thread*
PFF
System Bot
intlcutlass

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2006 03:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for intlcutlassSend a Private Message to intlcutlassDirect Link to This Post
Does marriage count?
j/k
Boondawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post09-14-2006 03:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroRumor:

But the time I was closest to death's door was after the time I made fun of Boondawg's momma!

ONLY becouse I didn't think of it FIRST!!!!
But I STILL didn't kill you.
I just made you take bonghits until you admitted I was funnier!
It was the MUNCHIES that almost killed you!
YOU...........MUST...........NOT............INHALE.............BACCON!

Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2006 04:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post
This close I I
87GT_97114

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2006 06:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87GT_97114Click Here to visit 87GT_97114's HomePageSend a Private Message to 87GT_97114Direct Link to This Post
About 3 feet, An Khe '70
proff

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2006 07:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for proffClick Here to visit proff's HomePageSend a Private Message to proffDirect Link to This Post
the first part ... well
that is really funny
As long as you are OK now.
Childhood ill ness . most people grow out of them

Originally posted by whadeduck:

I told a girlfriend of mine once that those jeans DID make her look fat. For some reason, I have a memory gap and a large hospital bill from around that same time. lol I was, however, very sick as a child (two years old or so). I was told that the doctors gave me forty-eight hours. I don't remember it but I suppose it's probably as close as I've been.

[This message has been edited by proff (edited 09-14-2006).]

proff

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2006 07:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for proffClick Here to visit proff's HomePageSend a Private Message to proffDirect Link to This Post

proff

7393 posts
Member since Oct 2004
i once had 40,000 volts from a Anode of a CRT
That hurt

Originally posted by Raydar:

Was working on a radio transmitter on top of a mountain.
Someone had left the cage off of the high voltage supply.
Got into ~1500 Volts DC. Fortunately, It just went through my hand, and not across my chest.
Still knocked the hell out of me, though. Left a nice burn on my hand.

proff

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2006 07:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for proffClick Here to visit proff's HomePageSend a Private Message to proffDirect Link to This Post

proff

7393 posts
Member since Oct 2004
your just lucky to be here typing in this forum
change your life style

Originally posted by achawkins:

I AM the real work Robbie Kanivel (Evil w/o talent). Since I was a small Kenivel I have been jumping things or something dangerous. Here's a short list:

Seriously stabbed
Coutless concusions
Permanent scaring
near decapitation
stitches
open wounds
I NEED a new hip
Broken Bones
cuts
bruises
ingrown toenail

I used to be crazy, or stupid or both. I'm better now and rollercoasters scare me, but not as much as clowns.

proff

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2006 07:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for proffClick Here to visit proff's HomePageSend a Private Message to proffDirect Link to This Post

proff

7393 posts
Member since Oct 2004
stop thinking to hard

Originally posted by AusFiero:

When I had a brain tumour I suppose. Had it not been discovered, eventually I would have literally just stopped breathing because I wouldn't have known how to. It was putting pressure on my brainstem that controls this function.

Nurb432

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 224
Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2006 07:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by proff:

I was getting ready and went off to warm up for a bicycle race. The first 2 miles was up a very steep hill. It would have been Ok if i did a warm up for longer and really did warm up. to Get the heart pumping more blood to the muscles, increase the artery size{happens due to the body heating up}.
But it didn't
Half way up the hill i was in the leade of all the cyclist in the race and felt good enough to stay out in front and to win the race.
As I reached the top I had a heavy chest pain , couldn't breath properly and felt dizzy.
I thought this was not good and let the race go ahead and pulled out.
All heavy exercizes should be started with a good warm up, your life depends in it.
NEVER OVER DO IT

I have you beat. I *was* dead. Just for a moment tho, not being silly with some ' ive returned from the dead'. Nothing i want to go into detail about however, and nothing i look forward to repeating....

Wolfhound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 113
Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2006 07:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WolfhoundClick Here to visit Wolfhound's HomePageSend a Private Message to WolfhoundDirect Link to This Post
January 4th 1968, A Co, 2nd platoon 1/27th Wolfhounds engaged the NVA three times.
34 strong in the morning. In the course of three hrs. 3 of us were left uninjured.
5 KIA outright. 12 of the last 20 wounded died in Japan over the next few weeks of burns .We were napalmed. I was awful.

This is extracted from the after action report.

At 1245 hrs, Co A vic XT755153 sustained 6 US WIA and 1 US KIA from sniper fire. AW
At 1350 hrs, Co A vic XT756154 engaged 3 VC, resulting in 3 VC KIA (BC) and 8 VC KIA (POSS).
At 1554 hrs, Co A vic XT754154 sustained 20 US WIA's and 4 US KIA's from friendly air support of troops in contact.
PFF
System Bot
moleman_in_a_FieroGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2006 09:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for moleman_in_a_FieroGTSend a Private Message to moleman_in_a_FieroGTDirect Link to This Post
I was cruisin' in a Jetta, in a 2-lane road that cut through the mountains, headed downhill with an 18-wheeler in front, and the brakes crapped out. Kept going faster and faster, almost hit the truck. Fortunately, there was an exit to a small town really close, so we swerved there and cut the engine, and put it in park. 100-foot drop from the road to the land below. I pass by that place around 6 times a year...
banditbalz

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2006 10:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for banditbalzClick Here to visit banditbalz's HomePageSend a Private Message to banditbalzDirect Link to This Post
Lets see... where to begin?

1) My heart stopped beating for a minute during a hyper glucemic induced diabetic coma. Doctors in emergency pulled me through.

2) I was in the air during 9/11 heading through New York, leaving Toronto heading to Orlando, Florida. Later it was discovered that terrorists were later found in same airport in a foiled hyjack attempt.

there's many more but those are the 2 that stick in my mind.

------------------
got boost? L67 in progress...

Fieros_Forever

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2006 12:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fieros_ForeverSend a Private Message to Fieros_ForeverDirect Link to This Post

Fieros_Forever's brush with death

It still shakes me up to look at it.

-FF
1986 Fiero 2M6
IEatRice

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2006 01:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IEatRiceSend a Private Message to IEatRiceDirect Link to This Post
Well, I own a "fire trap" don't I?
Butter

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 91
Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2006 11:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ButterSend a Private Message to ButterDirect Link to This Post
In the hospital- accute pancreatitis- Tuesday I asked Dr. Whats the deal.

Better by Thursday or Dead by Friday.

The good news was I was gonna get some pain relief one way or another!
SLOWnSTEADY

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2006 02:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SLOWnSTEADYSend a Private Message to SLOWnSTEADYDirect Link to This Post
I sold my car to someone in Michigan, and bought one from someone in Michigan as well. Me and my GF where pulling my car to michigan with my '95 blazer and a car dolly. We where wuite a few hours into the trip all relaxed and everything. We where doing about 80mph or so and the ball came off the hitch!! the car/dolly started jerking left, then right, then left and so on and so forth. Well it ended up kicking the blazer sideways, we slid sideways for a moment (seemed like forever) the we got up on two wheels, i thought for sure that was it, but then the safety chains got tight and yanked us bakc down onto all fours, i managed to slow us down and keep some control of the vehicle. We finaly came to rest in the far right lane, still on the road. i look to my left and there is a fu*kin semi coming right at us!! cars on the side of him so there was nowhere for him to go, he was just blastin his horn, i slammed it into reverse, floored it back over the dolly broke the chains and the semi missed by may be 6" or so. So my GF was obviously FREAKING OUT!!! i was for some reason laughing my ass off and screaming about how awesome it was that we almost died twice. (i dont understand it cause i was nearly in tears myself).
Well i ended up with a flat tire and a giant hole in one rim, a shock that was bent pretty much into a 90* angle, a tore bumper and some other stuff. Not to mention we didnt have a ball for the hitch. Well an officer eventually showed up and gave my GF a ride ot the Autozone where they sold us most of what we needed and gave us some parts as well. We got back on the road and finished our trip. I dont know if it was almost dying or what but that night was the best sex i have EVER had!!!
5.0Vert

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2006 06:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 5.0VertSend a Private Message to 5.0VertDirect Link to This Post
It was about 15 minutes after it started raining, it was raining quite hard. I was in a 92 mustang convertible. It was equipped with "Road huggers". I was cruising down the road on my way to class. I was doing 35 mph(the speed limit). I don't remember any of what happened but this is what happened as best as anyone can tell. I hydroplaned, lost control of the vehicle. It went into a spin, one tire hit the curb and it then spun in the other direction. The vehicle was stopped by a telephone pole. It smacked in the driver's door and I was buckled in. It pretty much pushed me into the passenger seat. They had to use the jaws of life to get into the car. I was rushed to the hospital, and put in ICU. I don't remember the first couple of weeks in ICU. Then I remember the next week in ICU, after that I was transferred to a regular room. I don't buy Roadhuggers any more.
The ROK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2006 07:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for The ROKSend a Private Message to The ROKDirect Link to This Post
It was raining and we were on are way to Montgomery. We were in a Suburban. We hydroplaned in it down a 20ft. hill nose dived fliped over and hit a tree. This was my sophmore yr in hs. 2nd time. I was on my way to school and of course it was raining. I was in my fiero going up a hill (mountain). We i didnt no that my tires were bad. I was going through a curve and I started fish tailing. Almost slid of a mountain.
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2006 07:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post

I was about 10 years old or so at a day camp and I was in a public indoor pool floating on some kind of a styrofoam surfboard thing. Suddenly it shot out from underneath of me. I didn't know how to swim. I was in the deep end...

Can you say panic city? I remember thrashing around and sinking several times below the surface. I remember swallowing a lot of water. I remember my whole life flashing before my eyes, not only what I had done up to that point, but also what I had wanted to do as I got older. I remember some little kid about 7 years old pulling me to safety...

Where the hell were the adults/lifeguards in charge?

That experience scared the heck out of me. It was many years before I went in a pool again. I'm quite comfortable in the water now (thank goodness as I live on the coast), but it took a long time to conquer the awful fear of drowning.
Ithappens

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2006 02:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IthappensSend a Private Message to IthappensDirect Link to This Post
So I was in the car with two other people on my way home from St. Louis and we were going down the highway at about 80-90 mph and my family was in the car in front of us and all of a sudden we see them get in the other lane really fast....and out of no where there was something in the road....not knowing what it was the driver turned the steering wheel to try and get in the other lane and lost control. We ended up going sideways down the interstate at 80-90mph for a little bit and from what my brother told me we were about an inch away from the guard rail and if we would have hit that we would have flipped and it wouldn't have been pretty.......after all of that we realized it was a plastic garbage can =/

[This message has been edited by Ithappens (edited 09-16-2006).]

PFF
System Bot
Nurb432

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 224
Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2006 08:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by SLOWnSTEADY:

I sold my car to someone in Michigan, and bought one from someone in Michigan as well. Me and my GF where pulling my car to michigan with my '95 blazer and a car dolly. We where wuite a few hours into the trip all relaxed and everything. We where doing about 80mph or so and the ball came off the hitch!! the car/dolly started jerking left, then right, then left and so on and so forth. Well it ended up kicking the blazer sideways, we slid sideways for a moment (seemed like forever) the we got up on two wheels, i thought for sure that was it, but then the safety chains got tight and yanked us bakc down onto all fours, i managed to slow us down and keep some control of the vehicle. We finaly came to rest in the far right lane, still on the road. i look to my left and there is a fu*kin semi coming right at us!! cars on the side of him so there was nowhere for him to go, he was just blastin his horn, i slammed it into reverse, floored it back over the dolly broke the chains and the semi missed by may be 6" or so. So my GF was obviously FREAKING OUT!!! i was for some reason laughing my ass off and screaming about how awesome it was that we almost died twice. (i dont understand it cause i was nearly in tears myself).
Well i ended up with a flat tire and a giant hole in one rim, a shock that was bent pretty much into a 90* angle, a tore bumper and some other stuff. Not to mention we didnt have a ball for the hitch. Well an officer eventually showed up and gave my GF a ride ot the Autozone where they sold us most of what we needed and gave us some parts as well. We got back on the road and finished our trip. I dont know if it was almost dying or what but that night was the best sex i have EVER had!!!

Not that i was close to death, but i had a trailer come loose once. Going about 75 it just came apart. ( this was years ago, so i wasnt really breaking the law much ) However the 'safety' chans were stil hooked to the the van/trailer so it decided to start bouncing and hitting the back of the van. Before i got it slowed down and off the road it must have hit the van about 10 times.

If it had been a car, prolly have flipped it.

Turns out a bolt had come loose, then fell out. Always use lock washers

moleman_in_a_FieroGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2006 08:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for moleman_in_a_FieroGTSend a Private Message to moleman_in_a_FieroGTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:
Where the hell were the adults/lifeguards in charge?...

That reminds me of another one. I was at the neighborhood pool, in the deep end with my friends a couple of years ago. I had just dived deep, and as I was coming up, one of them pushed me down as I took a breath. So I started choking. Lifeguard didn't seem to notice me coughing and sputtering, so I swam to the edge and pulled myself up, all the while choking. I sat on a bench and coughed the last water out of my lungs, and the lifeguard asked, "Are you ok?"
hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2006 08:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsDirect Link to This Post
For the pilots on the forum how about an inverted spin in a nonaerobatic aircraft in IMC after severe wake turbulence from a heavy near a VORTAC. Dropped from 9000 ft to 6000 ft in less than 30 seconds before getting aircraft under control.
FieroAngel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2006 02:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroAngelSend a Private Message to FieroAngelDirect Link to This Post
September 1st 1981 I was 8 months old and my parents had just moved into my grandmas house cause she moved to a smaller house. My dad was out of town, my mom and I were in the basement, I was in my baby walker, mom was doing laundry. We had an elevator that went from the basement to the 3rd floor. Mom put me in my walker, the basket of laundry, and herself on the elevator. It was an open elevator with cables holding the top and bottom. We were between the basement and 1st floor when it stopped so my mom firgured it was stuck so she grabbed me and layed my onto the 1st floor and she started climbing out. The cable holding the top up broke and it smashed my mom in the head and trapped her arm, leg and hair. We lived in the country with no 911 BTW. 4 hours later my mom had managed to get her arm free and grab the ironing board to hook the phone cord around the leg and pull the phone to her to call the police. She got a hold of them but they didnt believe her. She fell unconsious I laid on the floor all by myself with a slight concusion. An hour later a cop finally came and called for backup. He was a rookie and went inot shock seeing all the blood and brains spilled out of my moms head. If he had not have came we both would have died that day. BTW my mom had a crushed femur, arm and severe brain damage and lots of blood loss. She's fine now and has beaten the odds.
fieroX

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 372
Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2006 04:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroXSend a Private Message to fieroXDirect Link to This Post
driving 141 mph in X, a truck pulls out in front of me, i hit the brakes and the car starts swaying. The rear alignment was off so bad that the ass end was trying to pass the front. It was pretty wild.

Another awesome adrenaline rush, i have 21 skydiving jumps. About my 12th jump, I had packed my own chute about 4 or 5 times. I jumped from the plane at 13k feet, and deployed my chute at 5k. My chute was pretty tangled when it came out, and i had a line over the side of my chute. It put me into a spin, not to mention that the risers were crossed. I had to kick and pull and i straightned myself out, and got the line back under the chute. I came out of it about 2500 feet. Rule is I should of cut that chute away at 3k, but i thought i could save it. Another 1000 feet and the reserve would of deployed automatically, and if the tangled chute would of still been out i would of had a huge mess on my hands. But im still here! so its all good.
whadeduck

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2006 10:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by proff:

As long as you are OK now.
Childhood ill ness . most people grow out of them

I B Ok now. It was rheumatic fever. Ended up giving me my heart murmur that I had until about seventeen. Grew out of that and asthma around the same time. Bad health as a kid. Spent enough time in and out of doctor's offices and hospitals that people started to think I was serving an internship. Just bad eating habits now. If you've never heard a heart murmur, it sounds kind of cool. Mine did anyway. Thump thump, whoosh. Thump thump, whoosh. A leaky valve but my machinist couldn't fix that. lol

------------------
Whade' "The Duck Formerly Known As Wade" Duck
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy (8/26/06)

proff

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2006 12:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for proffClick Here to visit proff's HomePageSend a Private Message to proffDirect Link to This Post
congrats to every one in this thread at still being alive
LoW_KeY

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2006 12:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LoW_KeYSend a Private Message to LoW_KeYDirect Link to This Post
dehydrated and my blood sugar sky rocketed to 1050.. normal persons is 80-120.

They said if it were any longer internal organs would've been taking a toll and possible coma status.
speedracerfx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2006 02:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for speedracerfxSend a Private Message to speedracerfxDirect Link to This Post
My escapades aren't all that interesting. Besides the normal broken bones (13), some stitches (30 total...in one shot), and the normal/not-so-normal close calls while driving, I've been zapped with 480 AC current a few times, and been drug half a mile by a Thourobred (sp?) race horse.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock