Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  whats the closest you have ever been to death (Page 2)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
whats the closest you have ever been to death by proff
Started on: 09-14-2006 08:00 AM
Replies: 47
Last post by: MP5Na3 on 09-19-2006 08:12 PM
otakudude

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2006 02:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for otakududeSend a Private Message to otakududeDirect Link to This Post
Take your pick:

1) When I was younger, we went to Niagara Falls on our way back from NY. The entrance to the gift shop is about 15' from the edge of the falls with only a waist high wall and a bit of grass separating them. I decided I wanted to look over the falls so I hopped up and strolled across. It was a great view looking straight down until a gust of wind caught me. I was falling forward until I threw myself backwards onto the grass. Decided that one view was enough and got back to the gift shop walkway quickly.

2) Was headed up I-57 on my way to work. My exit came up and I got on the offramp. Saw a red light and cars waiting at the top and hit the brakes...which didn't engage. I was about 5sec from rear-ending someone at 50mph (approx). I noticed the right lane was empty and quickly drove around the cars and thru the red light in a route which would look line an '?' from above. I made sure to bleed the breaks before I drove home.

3) Was admitted to the hospital with severe anemia. One of the doctors I dealt with said he was amazed that I was awake and talking since my blood count was 4.3 (normal is 15 or so). As he put it "4.3 is dead".
IP: Logged
aerosmithr0cker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2006 10:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for aerosmithr0ckerSend a Private Message to aerosmithr0ckerDirect Link to This Post
Was driving in an 85 Rx7 just going along minding my own business when the car in front of me about 5 car lengths of space shot over into the right lane and the cars that were now in front of me were at a dead stop. I had to slam on the brakes as their was a car next to me. The brakes locked up and turned the car sideways. I missed the cars infront of me barely and there was a semi that luckily was going slow in the other lane that was able to stop no problem when i got sideways. This was a 55mph road too.
DtheC

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2006 12:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DtheCSend a Private Message to DtheCDirect Link to This Post
Stared him in the eye, spit on his boots. Crashed 1 fixed wing, 3 helicopters. No, I was not the 'Driver'.

------------------
Ol' Paint, 88 Base coupe auto.
Turning white on top, like owner.
Leaks a little, like owner.
Doesn't smoke, unlike owner

whadeduck

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2006 01:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DtheC:

Stared him in the eye, spit on his boots. Crashed 1 fixed wing, 3 helicopters. No, I was not the 'Driver'.

Sound about time to start taking the bus. lol

------------------
Whade' "The Duck Formerly Known As Wade" Duck
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy (8/26/06)

OHNIKO

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2006 04:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OHNIKOSend a Private Message to OHNIKODirect Link to This Post
landing in a 1-26 sailplane, a quick microbust slammed me into the runway during final approach from about 40 ft up...just a concussion, but man i thought it was lights out for good....
DtheC

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2006 08:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DtheCSend a Private Message to DtheCDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by whadeduck:

Sound about time to start taking the bus. lol

Busses and trains are great for people watching, trains also serve 'beverages'.
These were hired aircraft for delivering personell and imediate need equipment, not exactly what most people think of as 'Comercial' aircraft.
What would be the odds about of me being in a 5th smack down?
Toddster

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 503
Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2006 05:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterDirect Link to This Post
That would have to be the time a girl I was dating dragged me to a New Edition Concert....I was one minute away from killing myself.
MP5Na3

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2006 08:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MP5Na3Send a Private Message to MP5Na3Direct Link to This Post
Been shot twice while working in South America as a bodyguard.

Had main riser lines foul and twist first time skydiving, finally cut loose at about 800 (and only reason it took me so long to do such was inexperience) and while the secondary saved my butt, it was darn close (hit the ground mighta hard though)

4 motorcycle accidents (one driver error (mine), second car pulls into me, third hit a dog, fourth hit a deer at night at 110+)

7 car accidents (all of which I was a passenger)

While rappelling, had my attaching biner break (doing it aussie style, face first) as I shot forward I grabbed the rope, wrapped it around my body and slid about 60 feet like that, and yeah, serious rope burns on that one, but coulda been worse.

Had an open bolt Uzi full auto not extract a shell, feed another one right behind it and boom, blew the gun top cover off directly in front of my face

Had ex-girlfriend hold a gun to my head (she was a bit loopy and was off her meds that night) and threaten to blow my brains out (that one was actually the scariest of all of them, I had time to think about it, all the others happened so fast it was pretty much over before I had time to get scared.

And had a really big bee chase me once.........
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock