Started on: 09-12-2006 02:00 PM
Replies: 41
Last post by: moleman_in_a_FieroGT on 09-18-2006 05:18 PM
Marvin McInnis

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 227
Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2006 04:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Marvin McInnisClick Here to visit Marvin McInnis's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marvin McInnisDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 86fierofun:

You should see some of the stuff they spend money on in the school districts by me.

Tell me about it! The newest highschool in the district where I live and pay taxes is located on a "modest" 240 acre campus which includes several athletic fields. (I guess this is so the athletes and coaches won't have to share facilities from one season to the next.) Even the older highschools in the district have had special cushioned running tracks for over 20 years. I don't know, but I'm sure that there are hundreds of computers that are seldom if ever used. Of course, one big problem with computers is that the majority of teachers are still computer illiterate themselves. How can they possibly teach something they don't understand or that they feel intimidated by?

[This message has been edited by Marvin McInnis (edited 09-18-2006).]

IP: Logged
moleman_in_a_FieroGT

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2006 05:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for moleman_in_a_FieroGTSend a Private Message to moleman_in_a_FieroGTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 86fierofun:

You should see some of the stuff they spend money on in the school districts by me. ...Have you ever heard of a smart board? It sits in the corner never being used. ...

Lol. I guess the superintendent was thinking a lot when he got them for our schools. They let us "test" them, but the school had already bought more than 10 of them. The teachers only ask for permission to use them because of the projector. And that was last year. I've yet to see them this year. The middle school bought $90,000 worth of laptops, because they want kids to be too lazy to walk to the vacant computer labs.

[rant]
Sadly enough, they are neglecting us, the gifted students. On my schedule and report card, there's an "H" next to each of my course names, stands for Horizons/Honors, but they don't hire more teachers, so I'm stuck in slightly-above-on level classes. Taking notes while one classmate blabbers on about his riced Corolla and another brags about the shift light in his BMW (which ironically enough shows that he sucks at stick. I learned without a light or a tach ) is no way to learn chemistry.

I remember that in our 6th grade Horizons (honors) language arts class, they told us about how most kids as smart as us end up as social outcasts. They also told us about honors kids who committed suicide because they had no friends. How encouraging . Ironically enough, though, being in less exclusive classes helps us find friends. That's pretty much the only benefit. [/rant]

IP: Logged
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock