Tech Help, I can't access any secure sites

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

Tech Help, I can't access any secure sites by PontiacJ8
Started on: 09-04-2006 08:07 PM
Replies: 7
Last post by: PontiacJ8 on 09-05-2006 12:25 AM
PontiacJ8
From: Clay, New York w/ all the trees & the cars hidden in between!

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2006 08:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PontiacJ8Click Here to visit PontiacJ8's HomePageSend a Private Message to PontiacJ8Direct Link to This Post
So it just started today... My dad tried to access his bank's site (chase.com) but when he tried to sign in that damn 'This Page Cannot Be Displayed' page comes up. I tried visiting other sites that are also secure such as PayPal, eBay, State Farm etc. but all of them come up as 'This Page Cannot Be Displayed'!. What happened?
Thanks....
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
8Ball

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 162
Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2006 08:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 8BallSend a Private Message to 8BallDirect Link to This Post
Well it could be several things.
First what browser are you using? Have your ecently switched browsers and/or setting in your browsers secutiry options?

My first inclination however would be towards either spyware or towards a broken cryptographic services. Or both.
What else is going on with your PC? Any other issues?
Is it crashing? Running slow? take longer to boot? Anything?

James Bond 007

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 263
Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2006 09:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for James Bond 007Send a Private Message to James Bond 007Direct Link to This Post
Once in a great while that has happened to me,just reboot the computer and things should be fine again.
moleman_in_a_FieroGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2006 09:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for moleman_in_a_FieroGTSend a Private Message to moleman_in_a_FieroGTDirect Link to This Post
I had this same problem a while back. https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum6/HTML/042691.html . If you haven't done any major hardware changes, it may be fixed with a system restore, just like mine.
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2006 10:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post

This may or may not be the same problem, but something in Norton Internet Security is now preventing me from accessing This thread from PFF. This was a thread that I was able to post to a month or so ago. Now the only way I can access it is to disable my Norton Internet Security. Strange...
Boondawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post09-04-2006 10:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by moleman_in_a_FieroGT:
If you haven't done any major hardware changes, it may be fixed with a system restore, just like mine.

Which is not exactly a fix.............................. .....................................
But, I, myself, have used it ALOT, in the past!

Nowadays I just back everything up to another computer, daily.
And wipe my harddrive...................what is it now.......................6 times a year?..........................
Believe me, I used'ta' feel your pain!
Now I just erase it.

[This message has been edited by Boondawg (edited 09-04-2006).]

moleman_in_a_FieroGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2006 10:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for moleman_in_a_FieroGTSend a Private Message to moleman_in_a_FieroGTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boondawg:

Which is not exactly a fix.............................. .....................................
But, I, myself, have used it ALOT, in the past!

Nowadays I just back everything up to another computer, daily.
And wipe my harddrive...................what is it now.......................6 times a year?..........................
Believe me, I used'ta' feel your pain!
Now I just erase it.

True. Very true. Since it didn't come back on me, I considered it a fix. But it's only a band-aid.
PontiacJ8
From: Clay, New York w/ all the trees & the cars hidden in between!

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2006 12:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PontiacJ8Click Here to visit PontiacJ8's HomePageSend a Private Message to PontiacJ8Direct Link to This Post
Got it fixed, had to re-install MSN (the secure sites didn't work with IE before either, weird). We plan to be getting RoadRunner in a few weeks since we don't use the home phone anyway & I'm sick of dial-up.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock