Started on: 09-02-2006 06:06 PM
Replies: 31
Last post by: SCCAFiero on 09-06-2006 09:46 AM
Boondawg

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post09-02-2006 06:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post
I have no idea.
I'm not sure I even have any.
I know people, I work & see the same people everyday, we like eachother, I meet new people everyday, we have conversations, we laugh with & at eachother, but......................... what exactly is that?
I think I have many aquaintences, customers, & co-workers I like, but do I have friends?

What is a friend?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
sostock

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2006 06:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sostockSend a Private Message to sostockDirect Link to This Post
i'll be your friend boonie.

just send me some crab legs.
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2006 06:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post
If you have one real friend then that is enough. Mine is my wife, I know its sounds like a put on but she was my friend before we wed and we are still friends.

I had a close friend in high school that I would have laid my life down for. I have learned to pick my friends better now, he turned into a crack head and no matter what I tried to do to save him he just wouldn’t be saved. I had to make him leave our home because he was just too far gone.
It hurt deeply but had to be done.

Friend is a hard word to define
Wichita

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2006 06:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaDirect Link to This Post
An aquaintence is somebody you don't call if you need to be bailed out of jail.

A friend is somebody you can call if you need a ride home and to be bailed out of jail.

A buddy is somebody that will be in the jail right next to you saying, "Damn that was fun."

fierogtowner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2006 07:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtownerSend a Private Message to fierogtownerDirect Link to This Post
I think a friend is your family. Those are the people that'll do anything for you.
litespd

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 176
Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2006 07:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for litespdSend a Private Message to litespdDirect Link to This Post
I have "friends", but my best friend is a guy that I met when I was in the Air Force. We went through a lot together. By a twist of fate, he ended up living about 20 miles away from me...and at one point, almost became my brother in law. He's one of those guys you'd do anything for...and he'd do anything for you. And yeah, we've had a few of those "Damn that was fun" experiences. We might see each other a couple of times a week...or we might not see each other for a couple of months...but it really doesn't matter...we pick right up where we left off.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2006 07:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Wichita:
A friend is somebody you can call if you need a ride home and to be bailed out of jail.
A buddy is somebody that will be in the jail right next to you saying, "Damn that was fun."

Originally posted by Jake_Dragon:
Friend is a hard word to define

(Sorry about your friend Jake)
Jake is right. Hard to define. It's a "to the inth degree" thing. That may not even be always correct. There are different type of friends. A friend is a lot like a lover/girlfrien/wife. Better friends may be ones of which you have shared some history. The good and the bad. They could be ones in which you have more in common.
I have some good friends. I have known Jaime since 5th grade. We have a lot in common. He has been there for me without question. Same the other way. Yet we rarely see each other. He could have the keys to my house ...urrr ehh ahh...even my Fiero.
Other friends may just be party buddies, fishing buddies, stuff to do buddies and a combination of all.
A friend is one you can trust. One which demonstrates care for you.
An old friend, a good one which we have drifted apart, used to say, "Never trust your friends. Yyou can always trust your enemies because you can be sure where they stand". A little extreme yes, but for many "friends", it fits.

Originally posted by Boondawg:
I'm not sure I even have any.

Other than a few, I do not either. Except here. I consider many here my friend. You Boondawg, you made the cut
If I was better at cutting and pasting pics, I would show you pics of some of my other friends.
Johhny Walker
Jim Beam
Jack Daniels
Bloody Mary
porcelain throne
hugh

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2006 07:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hughSend a Private Message to hughDirect Link to This Post
According to the dictionary I have------A person you like.If you use that definition,you have a lot of people that consider you a friend,me included!
fierogtowner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2006 07:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtownerSend a Private Message to fierogtownerDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hugh:

According to the dictionary I have------A person you like.If you use that definition,you have a lot of people that consider you a friend,me included!

I like Tiger Woods he must be my friend. So if I like someone they're my friend? I think they have to like you. Just liking someone does not give you friend status because you don't know them, makes sense to me.

[This message has been edited by fierogtowner (edited 09-02-2006).]

sostock

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2006 08:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sostockSend a Private Message to sostockDirect Link to This Post
hummm...i guess i'm lucky. my best friend (wife excluded) i've know since i was 3. he now lives in dallas but comes up here every few months. i could trust him with anything and he would to anything for me-vice versa.

i have a few good friends from high school that i stay in touch with. but really since high school i have not made any good friends. things change, priorities, i'm really happy with my wife and kids. my oldest is almost three and we can have some fairly good conversations now.
ryan.hess

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 319
Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2006 08:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ryan.hessSend a Private Message to ryan.hessDirect Link to This Post
To determine friend status, answer the following:

1) Would you loan $100 to him/her, no questions asked?
2) If he/she was on fire, would you put the fire out?
2a) With pee?
2b) Your own?
3) Would you lie so he/she would not get in trouble?
3b) To police?
3c) To the FBI?
3d) To Jesus?

If you answer yes to all of these questions, you have a friend. Congratulations!
PFF
System Bot
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2006 10:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post
A friend would bail you out of jail.

A true friend would drive the Bronco.
lurker

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 236
Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2006 12:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for lurkerSend a Private Message to lurkerDirect Link to This Post
a friend is a person who wont stab you in the back, even when it's to their advantage. unfortunately, there's only one way to find out who they are.
isthiswhereiputausername?

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 155
Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2006 07:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for isthiswhereiputausername?Send a Private Message to isthiswhereiputausername?Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierogtowner:

I like Tiger Woods he must be my friend. So if I like someone they're my friend?

Sounds like reasoning a stalker would have... lol I agree, it would need to be mutual
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2006 08:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post
Anyone heard from F-I-E-R-O would you call him friend?
I have never met Andrew, I dont know him enough to say hes a "friend" but I wouldnt want anything bad to happen to him. If you know him find out if hes ok. He hasent posted in a while and I worry.
fogglethorpe

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 158
Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2006 10:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fogglethorpeSend a Private Message to fogglethorpeDirect Link to This Post
Friendship takes time to develop, and must be cultivated.

Life is like a revolving door, in my experience. The only real mainstay I have is my wife. We really are best friends...we've been through the ringer, and survived.

------------------
Who is John Galt?

88 Formula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2006 03:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88 FormulaSend a Private Message to 88 FormulaDirect Link to This Post
My definition of a real friend is someone you can call for help at 3:00 AM. or 90 miles from home, or both. and they show up, only questions asked are what tools or equipment they should bring. They know I would do (and have done) the same for them, i.e. calling off work, rounding up three guys, chains, cable, comealongs, and another 4wd (took my brand new one too, it was only 2 1/2 weeks old) to help one of them who thought his F250 was amphibious. Ended up getting him out, almost laid my new Landcruiser on its side, had a guy hanging on the open door to get enough leverage to keep it from tippiong.

------------------
88 Formula, Stock T-Tops, 4spd/auto, 3.2 V6, balanced, 9.5 comp ratio, roller chain, roller tip rockers, H260 cam, Darrell Morse throttle body, 19lb injectors, Trueleo intake, Spintech muffler, K&N , White 16" GTZ wheels

cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2006 03:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 88 Formula:
My definition of a real friend is someone you can call for help at .........

What is your phone number....?
sostock

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2006 04:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sostockSend a Private Message to sostockDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 88 Formula:

My definition of a real friend is someone you can call for help at 3:00 AM. or 90 miles from home, or both. and they show up, only questions asked are what tools or equipment they should bring. They know I would do (and have done) the same for them, i.e. calling off work, rounding up three guys, chains, cable, comealongs, and another 4wd (took my brand new one too, it was only 2 1/2 weeks old) to help one of them who thought his F250 was amphibious. Ended up getting him out, almost laid my new Landcruiser on its side, had a guy hanging on the open door to get enough leverage to keep it from tippiong.

you've done that too? i had a buddy that let some drunk drive his pu trk one night. guy went off into a wooded ravine. took me all day to get his trk out. i still don't know how that trk landed the way it did and didn' hit any trees. getting it out was an engineering task.
Scott-Wa

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2006 04:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Scott-WaClick Here to visit Scott-Wa's HomePageSend a Private Message to Scott-WaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Wichita:

A true friend helps you bury the body...
sostock

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2006 04:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sostockSend a Private Message to sostockDirect Link to This Post
no a true friend would bury the body FOR you.

hey anybody want to be my friend?

you can come work for me the rest of the weekend. its in the low 70's and the sun is shining. i'd much rather be at the lake...
PFF
System Bot
fogglethorpe

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 158
Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2006 12:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fogglethorpeSend a Private Message to fogglethorpeDirect Link to This Post

If you want to make a friend, you've got to be a friend.

------------------
Who is John Galt?

LoW_KeY

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2006 06:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LoW_KeYSend a Private Message to LoW_KeYDirect Link to This Post
you know what really sucks is looking in peoples eyes and knowing they are BS'ing you.

At work I've talked to this dude we hired in about the same time, told him I got a 360 xbox, he's like sweet! I'm like yeah come on over anytime you wanna play it test it out, cause he's talked about getting one. He has an original, I've called him left voice mails etc. nothing yet, and I some how knew from just lookin at him he wouldn't.

Friends are the ones that help ya out in a time a need, or just come over to hang out kill time, call you etc. I think to many people care what others think, back in highschool my friend and I hung out all the time. Then people said we were gay.. now wtf how does that make us gay? cause we don't go out and drink/smoke pot like everyone did in highschool? we played bball drove around just had fun.

Back in college was horrible all these people "yeah yeah I'll keep in touch" never happened, and some I lost contact of which I really regret cause some of them were really cool people.

Lifes really weird.. I know who my friends are and I know who are just co-workers sadly. I mean honestly you can never have to many friends
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2006 11:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by LoW_KeY:
I mean honestly you can never have to many friends

You can if you own a pick up truck .

84Bill

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 461
User Banned

Report this Post09-05-2006 02:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillDirect Link to This Post
I don't know either Boon.. but check your alaska.com email
achawkins

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2006 11:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for achawkinsClick Here to visit achawkins's HomePageSend a Private Message to achawkinsDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cliffw:

You can if you own a pick up truck .

That's the truth! I've gotten to the point where I just give the keys to my "new friends".

I wish I could tell you what a friend was/is. I, like you, have a lot of acquaintances, however if they were to be gone I would not be at much of a loss. I think a real friendship is mutual, otherwise it's stalking. I can't say that a friend bails you out, or buries the body, or corrects spelling mistakes. Seems those are unlikely scenarios. Maybe a friend will listen to you blabber about something unimportant to him/her without giving you a bunch of crap. Maybe a friend sits quietly on the porch with you. Maybe a friend will speak at your funeral (unless he/she is the reason you’re having a funeral). Maybe a friend is simply willing to go out of their way, or routine to comfort you and expect nothing in return. I hope one day to be able to easily describe friendship by example.

------------------
____________________Marty

Chump

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2006 11:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ChumpClick Here to visit Chump's HomePageSend a Private Message to ChumpDirect Link to This Post
Soylent Green is people!!!
FieroRumor

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 348
Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2006 12:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post
Most of the people I consider "friends", I have known for 20 years or more, and we give a crap about what is going on in each other's lives/minds...

I rarely remember their birthdays, but we're guys, and don't really care.

I have a few of these "friends". Less then ten, I'd reckon.

I also have a bunch of Online "friends" that I have never met, but care about.

Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-05-2006 02:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 84Bill:

Check your alaska.com email

I got nothing, Bill.

boondawg@alaska.com

Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-05-2006 07:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post

Boondawg

38235 posts
Member since Jun 2003

I got nothing, Bill.

boondawg@alaska.com

Got it!
THAT sounds REALLY good to me, Bill!
Your getting really good with that-thar Geetar!
At least to me, anyway.
I like that style.

Me, I suck.
I guess it's that same ol' saw:
"Excuse me, but can you tell me how to get to Broadway?"
"Practice, Practice, Practice."

84Bill

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 461
User Banned

Report this Post09-05-2006 08:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillDirect Link to This Post
Well that ones for you man. It's called Enjoy The Day. I'm still perfecting it but it was complete enough to send along to the inner circle.

Remember,
A geeter is like a tool, you let it do all the work while you sit back and enjoy the scenery.

Harriet hasnt given me anything new recently but I'm very paitent with her. When it comes, I'll send it along.

Got it!
THAT sounds REALLY good to me, Bill!
Your getting really good with that-thar Geetar!
At least to me, anyway.
I like that style.

Me, I suck.
I guess it's that same ol' saw:
"Excuse me, but can you tell me how to get to Broadway?"
"Practice, Practice, Practice."

PFF
System Bot
SCCAFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2006 09:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SCCAFieroSend a Private Message to SCCAFieroDirect Link to This Post
Unfortunately you will never know who your real friends are until you are put in a "situation" where the friendship will be tested. I am fortunate to have 5 people on that list and some of those date back over 20 years. The most recent is 10 years.

I also have a "buddy" list of guys I hang out with and race with. Only time (years) will tell how they work out.

My "former buddy" list includes the guys who have proved exactly what their word is worth, Nothing.

I have only lost 1 true friend in the last 20 years or so and with the passage of time that may even resolve itself. The irony of that loss was that because of his lack of ability to stand up for what was right I gained another true friend who stood by me and reaped the rewards a few years later when the truth came out about the situation we were all put in by someone else.

Understand you don't have to change your friends, but your friends will change. We all change over time.

I just got the following in an email this morning so I figured I would post it. There is a lot of truth in it.

A simple friend, when visiting, acts like a guest. A real friend opens your refrigerator and helps himself (and doesn't feel even the least bit weird shutting your 'beer/Pepsi drawer' with his/her foot!)

A simple friend has never seen you cry. A real friend has shoulders soggy from your tears..

A simple friend doesn't know your parents' first names. A real friend has their phone numbers in his address book.

A simple friend brings a bottle of wine to your party. A real friend comes early to help you cook and stays late to help you clean.

A simple friend hates it when you call after they've gone to bed. A real friend asks you why you took so long to call.

A simple friend seeks to talk with you about your problems. A real friend seeks to help you with your problems.

A simple friend wonders about your romantic history. A real friend could blackmail you with it.

A simple friend thinks the friendship is over when you have an argument. A real friend calls you after you had a fight.

A simple friend expects you to always be there for them. A real friend expects to always be there for you!

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock