Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  To The Younger Crowd in Here.... (Page 2)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
Previous Page | Next Page
To The Younger Crowd in Here.... by rogergarrison
Started on: 08-23-2006 06:38 AM
Replies: 88
Last post by: Formula88 on 08-27-2006 02:35 PM
jstricker

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 370
Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2006 07:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jstrickerSend a Private Message to jstrickerDirect Link to This Post
Even if I'm carrying a water pump?????

John Stricker

Originally posted by buddycraigg:

i didn't know there were any

i'm part of the gun tooting crowd.
i have my AMT 45 close to my bed.
my colt 380 is hidden behind very thin sheet rock in a wall
and my two brownings are hidden at different ends of the basement

dont try to come in my house when i am here.

IP: Logged
moleman_in_a_FieroGT

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2006 08:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for moleman_in_a_FieroGTSend a Private Message to moleman_in_a_FieroGTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by buddycraigg:

i didn't know there were any

i'm part of the gun tooting crowd.
i have my AMT 45 close to my bed.
my colt 380 is hidden behind very thin sheet rock in a wall
and my two brownings are hidden at different ends of the basement

dont try to come in my house when i am here.

Well, technically I'm about a mile from the city limits, but...close enough...

Slater_334

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2006 08:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Slater_334Send a Private Message to Slater_334Direct Link to This Post
What is wrong with you people? There is not enough in the article to make an informed decision. There is so much bias it makes me sick. The news station has already convicted this man.

were the girls at fault? Yes
do i feel bad that they got shot? yes
did they deserve it? NO!!!

I think this was an accident, this is the one quote that people did not post

Davis admitted that he never saw anyone Tuesday night, but that he heard voices outside his home, which is why he said he didn't hesitate to pick up his .22-caliber rifle and fire two shots outside his bedroom window.

That makes me believe that he was not attempting to harm this girl, he blindly fired his gun outside... I will not contest that there were better ways for this to have been done, but he was doing what he had to do to protect his family. His neighbor was quoted like his opinion was relevant. I don’t know about you, but my neighbor and I are not on good terms. Do I think he would elaborate about what I did or didn’t do to get his 15seconds of fame? HELL yes.

I was upset upon rogers relies because of his lack of remorse for this girl getting shot. She got shot due to her doing something stupid. That is a fact that i will not contest but it is not one that deserves being shot.
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2006 08:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Direct Link to This Post
Sorry I didn’t catch this earlier.

In the mans defense, he live in a graveyard.

It was late at night, after 10 PM.

Quote from the shooter.

"I didn't know what their weaponry was, what their intentions were. In a situation like that you assume the worst-case scenario, if you're going to protect your family from a possible home invasion and murder," he said. "I don't know whether they were simply vandals or delinquents or simple trespassers. It could very well be that they had even more violent plans for my family. It's regretful that juveniles choose to engage in delinquent behavior."

Davis will make an initial court appearance on Thursday. He was charged with five counts of felonious assault.
"Did I mean to hurt anyone? No," he said. "Our family doesn't have a good relationship with Worthington police, so we sought our own home defense. I fired shots to drive them away."

There were no comments from the girls involved.

Now to those of you that think he was wrong.

In the dark, you can’t always tell if someone is running at you or away from you.

For those of you defending the pranksters.

They should not have been doing what they were doing.

Me personally with all the neighbor problems we have been having lately. We have been carrying our Glocks, cocked and locked.

Anyone comes on our property uninvited they are greeted with the guns if we don’t recognize them.

Call after dark if you are coming to my house.

The post in the beginning was to show how a stupid prank can get you hurt, or killed.

Who was right or wrong is irrelevant. I think it goes to show a point.

Don’t pull stupid pranks,

you could get killed.

Oh ya and Connecticut, I lived in arm pit Worcester, Ma. growing up. Hartford's got nothing on it, drive by shootings down the street. So ya I know what it’s like living in a war zone.

------------------
technology is great when it works
and one big pain in the ass when it doesn't.
Detroit iron rules all the rest are just toys.

connecticutFIERO

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 224
Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2006 09:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for connecticutFIEROSend a Private Message to connecticutFIERODirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 84fiero123:
Oh ya and Connecticut, I lived in arm pit Worcester, Ma. growing up. Hartford's got nothing on it, drive by shootings down the street. So ya I know what it’s like living in a war zone.

You must have never been to Albany Ave. I'll let that slide.
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2006 09:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
Just to clarify. Tonites news had the guy AND the police confirm he shot a few times out the window into the air and they left. They came back and he fired again and it was the second time they came on his property (fenced with NO Trespassing signs) that he fired into the dark again towards the car. He didnt aim for her. He said in an interview thats partially quoted here he didnt intend to shoot anyone, just make them leave his property. The girls were even stupider, they got shot at and ran .... then drove back after circling the block once.......duh. MMM if someone shoots at me and I run, you can bet I aint going back.

AGAIN, Im just pointing out that even something you may think is very minor, a joke, a prank or whatever can always backfire on you. And no I never did anything like that when I was a teen. My parents taught me not to do it, have respect for others and their property and I wasnt allowed to be out running around at nite in the first place. I had to be home by dark every nite or got grounded for the next month. About the worse I done was lie about where I was going on my bike because I wasnt allowed to ride on main streets. Most parents these days dont give a crap where or what there 16 year olds are doing at 2 am. What was any 17 year old girls doing out driving around at midnite in the first place. My first blame on the whole thing goes to her parents.

prob can click on that link every day for a few days for latest updates. That link is the local NBC affiliate.

[This message has been edited by rogergarrison (edited 08-23-2006).]

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2006 09:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post

rogergarrison

49601 posts
Member since Apr 99
I live in one of the better parts of town Conn. Crime is getting worse all over. More of it and more violent. I dont have to make it up, I can post links to everything thats ever been posted by me. Ive caught thieves more than once, shot at them and never regreted a thing. Did the guys in the tracker deserve getting their car shot and burned for snooping in my cars at 2 am...yep. Ill sell ya my house and be glad to move. Price is $300,000 4br, 3 bath, 2 1/2 car heated garage and paved parking lot for 25 cars. Im ready to retire and glad to go anytime. Home invasions and murders are daily occurences at least here. I know at least 2 girls that were friends with people I know that have been kidnapped and murdered in just the last 2 years. Im glad for you to be living in your little armored bubble....bad thing is theres getting to be more people, less work, so its going to keep getting worse.

Slater, I think you misunderstood me. I feel sorry for the girl getting shot and her friends being tramatized too. But they did something of their own will that was not a good idea and they had the worst case result. Hopefully she survives, shes made it at least 24 hours now and thats a good sign. Its not like the guy was chasing them down the driveway, standing in firing position and aiming at them. It was a bad idea, followed by another possibly bad idea and finished in a terrible accident. The good that may come out of it is that all the students at that school will think a little bit more before doing anything like it again.

Fastback 86

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 231
Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2006 09:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fastback 86Send a Private Message to Fastback 86Direct Link to This Post
I think it was general stupidity from all parties. The kids were stupid for coming back, and the home owner was stupid for blindly firing at a car and a fleeing person. Its also hard to feel sorry for him when he sits there and tells everyone how "he never meant to hurt anyone." Hey genious, thats what guns do, they hurt people. If you don't want to hurt anyone, don't pull the trigger.
tutnkmn

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 65
Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2006 09:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tutnkmnSend a Private Message to tutnkmnDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rogergarrison:

I live in one of the better parts of town Conn. Crime is getting worse all over. More of it and more violent. I dont have to make it up, I can post links to everything thats ever been posted by me. Ive caught thieves more than once, shot at them and never regreted a thing. Did the guys in the tracker deserve getting their car shot and burned for snooping in my cars at 2 am...yep. Ill sell ya my house and be glad to move. Price is $300,000 4br, 3 bath, 2 1/2 car heated garage and paved parking lot for 25 cars. Im ready to retire and glad to go anytime. Home invasions and murders are daily occurences at least here. I know at least 2 girls that were friends with people I know that have been kidnapped and murdered in just the last 2 years. Im glad for you to be living in your little armored bubble....bad thing is theres getting to be more people, less work, so its going to keep getting worse.

Roger, it's not just Columbus anymore. Although I know how Columbus is, I lived in Clintonville for 7 years right across from Linden (shivers). I was burglarized 2 times in Clintonville. Had my car broken into three times and the police were where?????

I live 45 minutes east of Columbus now, in a lazy little village of 1000 people. Someone tried to break into our barn 3 weeks ago and failed. That night they got $2000 worth of air tools from my buddies garage. They tried to get into our house 2 weeks ago and the next day we got a 38 special. They drained one of our vehicles dry of fuel last week and came back the following night for the other car. My hunt terrier woke me up at 1 am, I went out back and heard them at the bottom of the hill. Capped off one round from the 38 (high into the air across nothing but corn fields - no I don't WANT to hurt anyone either) and they ran like spooked deer!

You have to protect yourself, your property and your family. PERIOD!

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2006 10:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
Clintoville has been relatively safe a few years ago as far as I know. Linden area....I wont even drive thru there in daytime. My cousin managed the Clock restaurant downtown and twice he was robbed in the ally going home from work with a gun to his head. 2 of the girls at the restaurant were shot in their legs during robberies there.

Conn, call them up Hooters @ 614 755-9464 and ask for Stacy (manager) if you want someone to back up my statement- shes still got the scar. Ask her about Julie Popovitch too, taken from a local bar and found murdered a month later in the woods. Oh and you can ask her about her cooks roommate/girlfriend who got shot too. Oh yea, the Hooters on 161 is going to be closing. I wont even go there at all. They have daily stabbings and shootings in the neighborhood. About a dozen police cars got in a shootout next door to their parking lot a few months ago with guys in a stolen car. So anyway, the things i DO post are few compared to the entire news program I could do weekly. How about the lady who let her kid drive her car thru the next door neighbors wall...I can still show you in person. Its mostly fixed, but still isnt finished. I guess I just get around a LOT and know LOTs of people.

tutnkmn

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 65
Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2006 10:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tutnkmnSend a Private Message to tutnkmnDirect Link to This Post
Roger,

I have a buddy whose family built a home 140 years ago, he still lives in the house. I have urged him to move many many times.

Where? The Bottoms (Franklinton). How's that for scary
PFF
System Bot
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2006 10:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
Funny thing is the bottoms is still not too bad. I dated a girl that lived there. Most of those out on the streets are homeless and not very threatening. Now you get farther away from Broad St and it goes downhill pretty quick, but most of that is even just fist fights and bar brawls between drunks. Farther out west like Lincoln Village starts to get bad again. It used to be nice cruising anywhere in the city with convertible top down at nite. Now I wont go anywhere in town at nite without the top up and doors locked and still with an auto in the holster.

Damn, I almost forgot heres another good story for Conn. Made National news so you can check it out for yourself.

Just a block from my house a week or so ago, police had a chase on Brice Rd (my street) that ran onto I-70 where two tires were blown out then back to a restaurant down the street from me where they managed to stop an SUV with X- OSU football player Maurice Clarett for fleeing, having 4 loaded weapons on the front seat , one of which was an AK-47 and wearing a bulletproof vest. They havent proved it, but their suspicion was he was going to kill a witness that lives nearby that was going to testify against him at a trial for an armed robbery he committed on New Years day. Just another day, just some more local excitement for me. This happened the nite before the trial began, and he lives 2 hours away in another city so prob not a coincedence he was there are 3 am.

pHoOl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2006 10:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pHoOlClick Here to visit pHoOl's HomePageSend a Private Message to pHoOlDirect Link to This Post
it sounds like this case is getting more and more interesting as the different sides come out.

I don't see a good way to justify blind fire. But it doesn't sound like that's the case anymore. The fact that he went out, fired warning shots, they left, and then came back.... that might make some view how he felt his life was in danger. I think it's thin... anorexic even, but there might be at least one on the jury that will see it from that point of view.
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2006 11:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
11pm news says shes now in stable, but still critical condition

Police confirmed thru the girls and shooter that he fired 2 shots and they ran back to the car and left. They returned to his driveway after going around the block once and he fired again, this time toward the car and they took off again. They didnt realize at that time that she had been hit sitting in the car untill they got back on the well lit main road (high st) where they saw her leaning over bleeding, She had gotten hit during the second pass. They pulled over and flagged down a police car where the ambulance also arrived. They didnt ring the doorbell, but rattled on the windows. The 5 counts for assault are for firing at 5 persons, one count each. As of now, still hasnt been charged. Any formal charging may happen tommorrow morning when he makes a court appearance. He has signs saying Tresspassers Expect Armed Response. Police dont have a good relationship with him because of numerous calls from him for the vandalism and pranks that they dont attempt to stop.

Bigfieroman

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2006 08:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BigfieromanClick Here to visit Bigfieroman's HomePageSend a Private Message to BigfieromanDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boondawg:

Teenagers do stupid stuff.
You did, I did.
If we start killing stupid (who judges that?) kids, non of us would be here!
SMART finds away around killing STUPID.
Theres a difference between EVIL and STUPID.
Adults are SUPPOSED to be smarter then kids.

Okay, this is ridiculous. Stop generalizing about young people, please. I am 22, but even when I was a teenager, I NEVER DID ANY STUPID **** LIKE THIS! I am not saying that I am in the majority, I know I am in the minority, but generalizing like this is completely unacceptable. Is it true that all old people can't drive? No, but some of them are pretty scary on the road. Is it true that all women are weaker than men? No, but on average, they are a little physically weaker.

I had nothing to do with what went on in that guy's yard, yet I have been repeatedly called stupid. Think before you speak and you will be way ahead of the game.

[This message has been edited by Bigfieroman (edited 08-24-2006).]

Bigfieroman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2006 08:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BigfieromanClick Here to visit Bigfieroman's HomePageSend a Private Message to BigfieromanDirect Link to This Post

Bigfieroman

2416 posts
Member since Nov 2000

Originally posted by buger_57:

First of all...i take offense...im young...but i dont go around doing this stuff....second....he shouldnt have shot the girl....stupid....third....the girls shouldnt have been doing it in the first place. just my 2cents

No offense, but if you are upset that people are calling you stupid, you should make some effort to put together a sentence and use punctuation properly.
buddycraigg

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 478
Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2006 12:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for buddycraiggSend a Private Message to buddycraiggDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jstricker:
Even if I'm carrying a water pump?????

no one else got that.
connecticutFIERO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2006 01:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for connecticutFIEROSend a Private Message to connecticutFIERODirect Link to This Post
Here's a good write up the incident. As more details come out, it's gets a little clearer. The kids thougt they heard fire crackers and when they drove by "on the road" the second time the man tried to shoot out their tires.

http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2006/08/24/1156012653396.html

Wierd lookin somofabich.

"The 17-year-old girl, Rachel Barezinsky, and two of her friends got out of their car parked near the home about 10 p.m. and took a few steps on the property, police Lt. Doug Francis said. They jumped back in when a girl in the car sounded the horn, and they heard what they thought were firecrackers as they drove away.

The girls - all seniors at Thomas Worthington High School in suburban Columbus - drove around the block, and Barezinsky was struck while sitting in the car as they passed the house again and heard a second round of what turned out to be gunshots, Francis said."

more....

"Davis, who was charged with five counts of felonious assault, told officers he had been annoyed by trespassers and that he was aiming for the car's tires from his first-floor bedroom, police said.

"He admitted to never calling the police, but it just had been occurring and he got frustrated and he was upset saying someone trespassed on his property and he was protecting his property," Francis said.

Barezinsky, who also was struck in the shoulder, was taken to Ohio State University Medical Center in critical condition, police said. The hospital would not provide an update on her condition Wednesday."
Boondawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post08-24-2006 01:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Bigfieroman:
Okay, this is ridiculous. Stop generalizing about young people, please. I am 22, but even when I was a teenager, I NEVER DID ANY STUPID **** LIKE THIS!

Well, maybe not exactly like this, but are you saying you never did stupid stuff as a kid?
I don't believe you.
If your talking about doing something that could have got you shot, neither did these kids.

I had nothing to do with what went on in that guy's yard, yet I have been repeatedly called stupid. Think before you speak and you will be way ahead of the game.

I don't recall calling you stupid.
Please show me where:

Teenagers do stupid stuff.
You did, I did.
If we start killing stupid (who judges that?) kids, none of us would be here!
SMART finds away around killing STUPID.
There's a difference between EVIL and STUPID.
Adults are SUPPOSED to be smarter then kids.

P.S. And now for a little playfull ribbing:

I havn't had a ticket in 4 years, but I have just taken to running the extraneous stop signs if noone is around. Today I even went through the do not enter/one way spot. I think I will just keep an eye out for cops and continue with my civil disobedience.

I see when YOU break the law, it's called "Civil Disobedience"!

[This message has been edited by Boondawg (edited 08-24-2006).]

blakeinspace

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2006 02:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceDirect Link to This Post
ok, so now the girl is hot, so it is obviously the creepy cemetery man's fault...

Now the real question is: If a marine is jumped by 5 hot girls, armed, one pregnant... but keep in mind they are hot...
what is public opinion then? (just making a prediction where this thread will end, like the other, which has similarities)

//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum6/HTML/042114-6.html

(note: facts changed to illistrate point that public opinion is swayed by appearances, regardless of circumstances)
Bigfieroman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2006 03:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BigfieromanClick Here to visit Bigfieroman's HomePageSend a Private Message to BigfieromanDirect Link to This Post
Yes; I am saying I never did stupid stuff as a kid. I didn't smoke, I didn't do drugs, I didn't skip class, I never vandalized, I never stole, I never did any of the stupid stuff that most people associate with ALL teenagers. I never even tasted alcohol outside the presence of my parents until I was 20. It isn't that I didn't have friends, I just surrounded myself with other intelligent, mature young adults instead of trying to fit in with all the idiots. When we needed entertainment, we went to the movies, we went to restaurants, we played video games, or we watched TV. I am not saying that all teens are like that. Most are far less responsible; but teens like me are the reason you shouldn't make generalizations about a whole group.

I was a teenager and therefore, according to you, I did stupid stuff. Then you talk about killing stupid kids, referring to the teenagers who "do stupid stuff". So, according to you, I was a teenager, therefore I did stupid stuff, therefore I am a stupid kid. Follow me now? Also, I didn't literally mean that people were saying "Young people are stupid.", I mean that people were implicating that ALL teenagers did stupid things or were more likely to do stupid things than adults. For instance, your words, "Adults are SUPPOSED to be smarter then(sic) kids." While generally true if you are talking about maturity and not raw intelligence, it is not ALWAYS true.

My running of stop signs is civil disobedience because I feel that power is being abused and logical thought is being ignored. I am not exactly Thoreau, but I am not some mindless jackass on a cell phone either.

Their trespassing is out of desire for a thrill and to harass another individual, not because they are communists who believe no man should own land.
PFF
System Bot
connecticutFIERO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2006 03:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for connecticutFIEROSend a Private Message to connecticutFIERODirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blakeinspace:

ok, so now the girl is hot, so it is obviously the creepy cemetery man's fault...

Now the real question is: If a marine is jumped by 5 hot girls, armed, one pregnant... but keep in mind they are hot...
what is public opinion then? (just making a prediction where this thread will end, like the other, which has similarities)

//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum6/HTML/042114-6.html

(note: facts changed to illistrate point that public opinion is swayed by appearances, regardless of circumstances)

I followed that thread and it is not similar at all. The marine was defending himself from a serious attack. This nutcase was trying to shoot out the tires of a car full of 17 yr old cheerleaders, because he heard their voices on his property. What idiot shoots at a car driving by on the road. The road seems to be in front of his house, but they were no longer on his property. According to the article the girls circled the block. Does that man own the block?

Bad decisions were made on both parties, but one is annoying, and the other is deadly. Big difference there.

I just think the guy is creepy looking is all. I didn't say that had anything to do with what happened. What's the matter, do you look like that guy?
blakeinspace

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2006 05:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by connecticutFIERO:
What's the matter, do you look like that guy?

No, but your Mom did last night.

How hard do you have to work to be a jerk? That was so uncalled for...

As for the similarity...

1) both had one man
2) both involved 5 people performing illegal activity (call it a prank... it is still illegal)
3) both involved guns
4) both had dire consequences
5) both at night
6) both men claim to be threatend
7) both men defended themselves or property

How could I be so dumb that one thread reminds me of another...?
connecticutFIERO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2006 05:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for connecticutFIEROSend a Private Message to connecticutFIERODirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blakeinspace:

No, but your Mom did last night.

How hard do you have to work to be a jerk? That was so uncalled for...

As for the similarity...

1) both had one man
2) both involved 5 people performing illegal activity (call it a prank... it is still illegal)
3) both involved guns
4) both had dire consequences
5) both at night
6) both men claim to be threatend
7) both men defended themselves or property

How could I be so dumb that one thread reminds me of another...?

Come on it was funny.

There was a clear distinction between the sitiations of these men and the attackers in one case vs the tresspassers in the other case. The man was walking down the street and robbed at gun point in one incident, and the other man was in his bedroom firing a rifle at kids in a car on the road in the other. How could the man feel threatened when the kids were driving past his house in a car. Were they gonna ram his house or do a drive by shooting? I don't think so.

Doesn't that guy look like Cletus?

[This message has been edited by connecticutFIERO (edited 08-24-2006).]

Toddster

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 503
Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2006 06:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterDirect Link to This Post

Doesn't that guy look like Cletus?

Yeah, that's a good reason to convict him.

Look at that picture above. The guy's picture is a mug shot and the girl's picture is something out of Miss Teen Magazine....a little media bias? Nahhhhhh.
connecticutFIERO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2006 06:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for connecticutFIEROSend a Private Message to connecticutFIERODirect Link to This Post
LOL I didn't take the pictures. They came with the article. Is it me or does that guy cut his hair with a bowl on his head. It's a perfect line.
greengoblin0129

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2006 06:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for greengoblin0129Click Here to visit greengoblin0129's HomePageSend a Private Message to greengoblin0129Direct Link to This Post
"young teens = stupid" = stereotype
How are you going to point this post out to the "younger crowd"? Come on, the dude shot a chick for knocking on his door : :
jstricker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2006 07:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jstrickerSend a Private Message to jstrickerDirect Link to This Post

Come on it was funny.

No, it wasn't. It was insulting and unnecessary.

John Stricker
connecticutFIERO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2006 07:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for connecticutFIEROSend a Private Message to connecticutFIERODirect Link to This Post

No, it wasn't. It was insulting and unnecessary.

John Stricker

Apparently sarcasm doesn't go over well on the internets.

But I have to ask.... why so sensitive? Do you also cut your hair with a flowbee? [/mean sarcasm]
jstricker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2006 08:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jstrickerSend a Private Message to jstrickerDirect Link to This Post
Can you ever be engaged in a conversation without slinging insults?

John Stricker

Apparently sarcasm doesn't go over well on the internets.

But I have to ask.... why so sensitive? Do you also cut your hair with a flowbee? [/mean sarcasm]

connecticutFIERO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2006 10:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for connecticutFIEROSend a Private Message to connecticutFIERODirect Link to This Post

Can you ever be engaged in a conversation without slinging insults?

John Stricker

Damn man you're like a crying little girl. Lighten up.
PFF
System Bot
jstricker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2006 10:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jstrickerSend a Private Message to jstrickerDirect Link to This Post
I guess you can't.

John Stricker

Damn man you're like a crying little girl. Lighten up.

buddycraigg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 478
Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2006 11:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for buddycraiggSend a Private Message to buddycraiggDirect Link to This Post

I guess you can't.

now where's my waterpump?
connecticutFIERO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2006 11:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for connecticutFIEROSend a Private Message to connecticutFIERODirect Link to This Post

I guess you can't.

John Stricker

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2006 06:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
She woke up a little yesterday, opened her eyes and held hands. Ill totally agree the guy looks like a creep. You would think the girl being an honor role student would have been a lot smarter to even consider being involved in something so dumb. If they wanted a scare, go to the movies and see Snakes on a Plane. Ill def give you all parties were stupid in what they all did.

Im with Big, I was brought up right. I NEVER cut a class, or skipped school once all the way thru high school. I was just an average student so I wasnt any smart geek either. The first nite I was ever out after midnite on my own was my senior prom. I wasnt allowed to take drivers ed till I was 18, and never drove a car till i was halfway thru my senior year.
connecticutFIERO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2006 09:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for connecticutFIEROSend a Private Message to connecticutFIERODirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rogergarrison:

She woke up a little yesterday, opened her eyes and held hands. Ill totally agree the guy looks like a creep. You would think the girl being an honor role student would have been a lot smarter to even consider being involved in something so dumb. If they wanted a scare, go to the movies and see Snakes on a Plane. Ill def give you all parties were stupid in what they all did.

Im with Big, I was brought up right. I NEVER cut a class, or skipped school once all the way thru high school. I was just an average student so I wasnt any smart geek either. The first nite I was ever out after midnite on my own was my senior prom. I wasnt allowed to take drivers ed till I was 18, and never drove a car till i was halfway thru my senior year.

Damn man, did you live on a chain gang. It's amazing the stark difference between peoples lives. When I was a kid we would sneak out at night and go meet girls and smoke our first cigarettes. I was probably 11 years old the first time I was out at midnight. I think I was shooting rabbits with pellet guns(overpopulated on an island) with my two friends. Not to mention I had my license at 16, cut classes and walked along the train tracks with my buddies, and certainly had intimate girlfriends before 18. Sounds crazy now that I'm older, but some people just live life faster. My wife never cut a class until senior skip day, and never did anything really stupid as a kid and yet somehow we ended up together.
Hulk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2006 08:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HulkSend a Private Message to HulkDirect Link to This Post
They thought they heard FIRECRACKERS? That was his only mistake. He should've had a 12 gauge!

Look, here in my small but violent town of Benton Harbor, last year some thugs broke into a home, hearded a grandfather, his two sons and his 11-year-old grandson down into the basement and shot them dead. What about earlier this year when those thugs broke into that house and beat all those teenagers to death with baseball bats over a VIDEO GAME! You better believe I will annihilate anyone I even think is threatening my family. If I call out to them, it isn't a warning-it's to make them stand still just for a second...

That's exactly the reason I never messed around outside anyone's home when I was a kid sneaking out past curfew. I knew I'd get shot...

Look at it this way: did she deserve to get shot? No, but thankfully she'll live to learn from this.

Two other ideas: 1. Maybe news of the incident will keep kids from messing around this house in the future, when they might have been fatally shot. 2. May be news of the incident will deter a would-be criminal from messing around this house that would've resulted in him murdering this family.

------------------
86 Fiero GT
-Stage eleventy billion...(pieces, that is!)

04 Mustang Cobra
-K&N FIPK
-DiabloSport Performance Tune

[This message has been edited by Hulk (edited 08-25-2006).]

fierofetish

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 277
User Banned

Report this Post08-25-2006 08:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofetishSend a Private Message to fierofetishDirect Link to This Post
Boonie, I guess the motto here should be "DON'T DO STUPID THINGS TO PISS SOMEBODY OFF...because you might piss off the wrong person.Pretty simple really. And I am not condoning the shooting AT ALL. Hey, you all know I hate guns, don't you?
All I am saying is, at seventeen years of age, you should have some sort of inkling that annoying another person just isn't on.Especially at night, in the dark. Because others have done it, does it make it acceptable? Seventeen years old, and still believes in ghosts?? Painting graffiti on other peoples' property? What the Hell is the point of ringing somebody's doorbell? No.Kids get too much freedom nowadays, and parental control is at zero in many cases. "Seen and not heard" has been long gone...and we can see what is happening now.I would not be surprised if the greater part of today's crime is carried out by teens and early twenties.I think I'll try to Google up some statistics ...The majority of the street crime here in Salou is carried out by teens and twenties..according to the chief of Police. I believe him.
Finally, the shooter should be charged with attempted murder/manslaughter.He had no legitimate cause.There are no winners here...but if people mind their own business, and don't encroach on other peoples' property, it would never happen, would it?
Nick
Nick

Who determines the "Commission of a Crime"?
And it's punishment?

Stealing cable?
Speeding?
Riding your bicycle on the sidewalk?

Does anyone get what I'm saying?!
Where does the line start & stop?!

------------------
fierofetish.PFF'S self-confessed Snowbird!!

Growing old is harder than growing up.
Responsibility: the solution for our World's Dilemmas..
Yahoo messenger:nickcannspain
MSN Messenger-nicholascann@hotmail.com

84fiero123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2006 10:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Direct Link to This Post
Lets settle this , they were both wrong, the shooter was wrong for shooting and the girls were wrong for going there in the first place.

You just don’t do things that are not legal, I know I did them and I paid for them in my youth.

Just because you are young does not give you a get out of jail free card. Or in this case, get out of the hospital free card.

I bet the girls parent sue the guy, even if he get off for shooting the girl.

Just don’t do stupid crap and you won’t have to worry about it.

Do stupid crap and in today's world you just could get shot.

------------------
technology is great when it works
and one big pain in the ass when it doesn't.
Detroit iron rules all the rest are just toys.

OKflyboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 86
Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2006 10:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OKflyboySend a Private Message to OKflyboyDirect Link to This Post

Let me get this straight. You have such little sympathy in your heart that you think the man is justified in shooting a young girl because the man has had to deal with kids pulling harmless pranks on his house over the years? .

Let's pretend the crosses weren't painted on his house, they were actual crosses placed outside his house. - harmless right?

Let's pretend someone lit them on fire. - harmless right?

Now Let's pretend the man's black...

still harmless?

Even "harmless" things can be devistating in their impact and intent...

[This message has been edited by OKflyboy (edited 08-25-2006).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock