Started on: 08-22-2006 11:27 AM
Replies: 4
Last post by: theogre on 08-22-2006 09:29 PM
Bigfieroman

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2006 11:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BigfieromanClick Here to visit Bigfieroman's HomePageSend a Private Message to BigfieromanDirect Link to This Post
We all know how much mail in rebates suck, but tigerdirect/onrebate is driving me close to insanity. Lemme run through the process…

I bought a package that included a 300gb hard drive, a external hard drive enclosure, and some crappy internet security suite from tigerdirect.

It was for an amazing price…after rebate. $80 after, $200 before, with three rebates, a $50, a $40, and a $30.

Once I got the package, I had to download the forms from tigerdirect. Once I got them and looked at them, all they give you is the website for OnRebate, and the “offer code”. I was thrilled, I thought they were rebates that could be filled out and completed online.

I filled out the forms online, which included the UPC codes and the order number, everything they needed to accept the rebate. Then I had to complete the payment method. Payment by check or paypal took 8-10 weeks, or 1 week if you pay $6 per rebate. I chose a free check out of principal. After I filled everything out, all it gave me was a barcoded form to print out and send in with the receipt and upc, etc. It had very specific instructions, one of which was that you may not address the envelope yourself, you had to cut out and apply the address that prints with the form. Well, when I chose the “printer friendly version” and printed it, the address falls between pages 1 and 2 and only half of it comes out. I ended up print-screening and cropping to print just the address.

I sent the rebates in on the 20th of May, (3 separate envelopes), and they were received the 24th. The $50 one was “accepted” on June 3rd and I got the check on July 10th. The other two were not “approved” until July 3rd, and I still have not received them.

I called yesterday to see what was going on, since it has been 12 weeks since they received the rebates. They told me that the 8-10 weeks is from when the manufacturer approves the rebate, which was June 28th. It has only been 8 weeks apparently, even though I sent the thing in over 3 months ago.

Now, I know that complaining about mail-in rebates is a bit like complaining about a Ford having mechanical issues, but OnRebate takes the cake. This company truly sucks and I don’t think I will be buying stuff from tigerdirect any more.

------------------

More info at: //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/043357.html

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
tesmith66

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 135
Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2006 01:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tesmith66Send a Private Message to tesmith66Direct Link to This Post
I'm still waiting for the $20 rebate for the MP3 player I bought from them 14 months ago...

------------------
1986 SE 350 V8

Bigfieroman

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2006 01:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BigfieromanClick Here to visit Bigfieroman's HomePageSend a Private Message to BigfieromanDirect Link to This Post
Dude, call them and ***** . I am not past the time limit, but you are easily. Go to the website, put in your e-mail addy. It will send you the tracking number for rebates under your addy. Pick the one that you havn't got yet, and track it. It may have been denied for some reason, or maybe they need to resend the check.
87GT_97114

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2006 01:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87GT_97114Click Here to visit 87GT_97114's HomePageSend a Private Message to 87GT_97114Direct Link to This Post
I don't do rebates unless it's a good deal without the rebate. I've never bought anything at Tigerdirect so I can't speak for them, although haven't heard anything good about their prices. Compare to newegg and see the differences.

------------------

'87 GT, daily driver
'78 Toyota longbed, parts runner
'84 F250 Xcab, BIG parts runner
'87 30' Kit Classic TT, living in it.

theogre

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 567
Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2006 09:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreDirect Link to This Post
File a complaint with the FTC. www.ftc.gov.

They get a huge amount of complaints about rebates. When they see a site/service that is generating a large portion of complaints is when they get off their fat ass and do something. They may not act on you individual complaint but every one they get makes it more likely they will harrass the offender.

------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurasic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave (It's also at the top of every forum page...)

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock