Started on: 08-13-2006 10:37 AM
Replies: 10
Last post by: Brian Lamberts on 08-13-2006 10:22 PM
CoolBlue87GT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 151
Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2006 10:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTDirect Link to This Post
Found this comment in the following path.

To use a car analogy, Pineiro is as reliable as a Pontiac Fiero and Moyer has the future of an Oldsmobile. It's past time to check out the 2007 models.

http://feed.insnews.org/v-cgi/feeds.cgi?feedid=144&story_id=2063744

If anyone wants to send any personal comments to this S.O.B., here's his phone number & e-mail address.

Darrin Beene: 253-597-8656

darrin.beene@thenewstribune.com
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
cccharlie

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 65
Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2006 11:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cccharlieSend a Private Message to cccharlieDirect Link to This Post
Am I correct in believing that Pineiro and Moyer are athletes of some kind?
CoolBlue87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2006 11:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cccharlie:

Am I correct in believing that Pineiro and Moyer are athletes of some kind?

Yes, Hmmm, that path doesn't seem to work anymore. I'm not sure where the story went. It was there earlier.

I had copied it, but decided to put the path instead. Maybe my complaining worked. !
CoolBlue87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2006 11:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTDirect Link to This Post

CoolBlue87GT

8401 posts
Member since Apr 2001
From my e-mail to the web site:

To whom it may concern.

This Morning, I found a story, It's path was
http://feed.insnews.org/v-cgi/feeds.cgi?feedid=144&story_id=2063744

Written by Darrin Beene: 253-597-8656
darrin.beene@thenewstribune.com

He had a comment in the story that I & most of the Fiero community took offense to.

"To use a car analogy, Pineiro is as reliable as a Pontiac Fiero and Moyer has the future of an Oldsmobile. It's past time to check out the 2007 models."

I am glad to see that it seems to have been pulled off the internet.

Maybe other people complained ?

It would be nice if Darrin Beene got is facts straight before trying to come up with a "cute" analogy.

We have many members in our world wide Fiero club, (w/ 13,000 members at www.fiero.nl ) that have 300k , 400k and above miles on their cars.

With proper care, the Fiero IS a reliable car.

In the future, I hope he will stick to a subject that he actually knows about.

[This message has been edited by CoolBlue87GT (edited 08-13-2006).]

Brian Lamberts

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 101
Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2006 11:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Brian LambertsSend a Private Message to Brian LambertsDirect Link to This Post
Why do you care what Darrin Breen thinks? I mean really!

Pinierro is a pitcher for the Seattle Mariners who hasn't lived up to high expectations. (Seems like a lot of that happens with the Mariners, lately.) The analogy to a Fiero is a little stretched,, perhaps. But I can see Breen's point. He could have used almost anything built by Mitsubishi, or Ford, or Fiat in the past 20 years, but it wouldn't be as vivd.

In the public's mind, the Fiero will never be forgiven for spontaneously burning to the ground in early 84--it's the image that's gonna sit in most people's memory.

But, I must ask again, why should we care? We know better--most of us. And twenty something years later, we can point out to anyone who'll listen that the General recalled each and every one of those early Fieros, that they are among the safest 80's vintage cars on the road, and that over time, they are about as reliable as any other car of the era.

[This message has been edited by Brian Lamberts (edited 08-13-2006).]

CoolBlue87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2006 11:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Brian Lamberts:
Why do you care what Darrin Breen thinks? I mean really!

Why do I really care ? Because it pissed me off.

When some jerk publishes comments like that, sure "we" all know he's full of crap, but the public at large does not. Comments like that devalue the Fiero. We all do have a vested interest in keeping the facts straight

ryan.hess

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 319
Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2006 12:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ryan.hessSend a Private Message to ryan.hessDirect Link to This Post
I don't think he's full of crap... our cars aren't reliable. At least not without some major work.

Although I probably would have said "3rd gen camaro"

Face it... all old cars aren't reliable without all new parts. My car's only reliable now because I replaced everything.
Brian Lamberts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2006 07:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Brian LambertsSend a Private Message to Brian LambertsDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ryan.hess:

I don't think he's full of crap... our cars aren't reliable. At least not without some major work.

Although I probably would have said "3rd gen camaro"

Face it... all old cars aren't reliable without all new parts. My car's only reliable now because I replaced everything.

Damn straight, Rhino! And I didn't buy my cars (I have 3 FIeros) as investments. Better to invest in a Nevada brothel. It's in my interest to see the prices drop. . .more cars for me!

Be fun to drive on up to Tacoma and give ol' Darrin a ride in a Fiero, tho. Actually the Mariners are a lot like Fieros--they don't get any respect but are a lot of fun, too. And they do give you an occasional thrill.
Brian Lamberts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2006 07:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Brian LambertsSend a Private Message to Brian LambertsDirect Link to This Post

Brian Lamberts

2691 posts
Member since Feb 2003

Originally posted by CoolBlue87GT:

Why do I really care ? Because it pissed me off.

When some jerk publishes comments like that, sure "we" all know he's full of crap, but the public at large does not. Comments like that devalue the Fiero. We all do have a vested interest in keeping the facts straight

Aw Horse poo!
CoolBlue87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2006 07:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Brian Lamberts:

Aw Horse poo!

Brian, be nice to me, I'm a Lambert w/o the s

------------------

More photos, http://www.cardomain.com/ride/278279

Brian Lamberts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2006 10:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Brian LambertsSend a Private Message to Brian LambertsDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by CoolBlue87GT:

Brian, be nice to me, I'm a Lambert w/o the s

Everything I've written has been with a smile. Just that of all the things to get upset about, this is pretty low on the list. I honestly don't care if some ignorant hump says something bad about Fieros. Any Fieros still on the road have been time tested (and passed the test!) and have been heavily repaired.

Now say something bad about my dog, and I'll crush yer windpipe!!!!

BTW, Lamberts and Lambert are branches of the same family. Mine was the Netherlands branch, your's was either French or English. Our ancestors really got around. So I guess we're cousins.

Funny thing is that one of the guys I used to work with, his grandmother's given name (including maiden name) was exactly the same as my mom's. He was very dark, an African American ancestry. My ancestry on my mom's side was at one time slaveholders in the deep south (Tennesee and the Carolinas.) I KNOW he's a cousin!

[This message has been edited by Brian Lamberts (edited 08-13-2006).]

PFF
System Bot

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock