Started on: 08-12-2006 01:56 PM
Replies: 7
Last post by: Vonov on 08-13-2006 01:09 AM
JazzMan

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 653
User Banned

Report this Post08-12-2006 01:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JazzManClick Here to Email JazzManSend a Private Message to JazzManDirect Link to This Post
Just checking in. Haven't been online in a while and to the forum in even longer.

Man, I miss this place.

House is progressing slowly, backwards, but slowly backwards, that's an improvement. Discovered major electrical problems that necessitate rewiring as much of the house as I can get to, that's about 80%, plus a new service panel, plus I don't know what to do about the undersized aluminum main feed that's buried under the slab and driveway. Right now I'm focusing on getting the wiring to a state where I'm 95% confident that the house won't burn down in the near future.

AC/heat and ducting system is still completely gutted, hoping to get the ducting done before winter heating season arrives, sometime in early December.

Car still runs after two blown modules in as many days. Can't complain, the original module had over 200k miles and the replacement came out of a beat to death parts car, third one came out of a car I bought running and so far it's holding up. Oil leak got fixed courtesy of a tan O-ring off a junk distributor I was given, total cost of that repair: $0. Need four new tires, or used tires, I don't really care at this point. Went shopping and it's nearly $500, or a bit over depending on brand/model, for tires w/ all the fixings. Not going to happen. Found some used tires with about 30% tread left for $120 mounted and 1yr. warranty, will probably go that route unless I can get some lengthy internet time to do online shopping.

Cats still empty the food bowl and fill the sandbox, nothing ever changes on that front.

Heh, I noticed that we do avatars now. Cool. When I get back next month maybe I will be able to figure out how to do that. Need to pick an image. Maybe someone can photoshop one for me? I'm thinking maybe a workbench filled with manuals, tools, and instruments. Will have to think about that for a while.

If anyone wants to get ahold of me for any reason, or just to chat, you can get my work number from Pumpkincarriage or blakeinspace, or PM or email me at jsavage(at)airmail.net, though the latter two may have a month delay before I can respond.

I gave up my phone to help pay for $3 gas to get to work and make up for the crappy sub-par raises I have been getting, or not getting since 2003.

Anyway, I used up most of my library hour wading through nearly 400 emails and composing this message, have to go now.

JazzMan
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Flamberge

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 89
Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2006 02:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FlambergeSend a Private Message to FlambergeDirect Link to This Post
This place misses you too.

------------------

Cheever3000

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2006 05:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Direct Link to This Post
Good to hear from you. Hang in there. Looking forward to meeting up with you again sometime.
jetman

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 272
Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2006 08:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetmanClick Here to visit jetman's HomePageClick Here to Email jetmanSend a Private Message to jetmanDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JazzMan:

Heh, I noticed that we do avatars now. Cool. When I get back next month maybe I will be able to figure out how to do that. Need to pick an image. Maybe someone can photoshop one for me? I'm thinking maybe a workbench filled with manuals, tools, and instruments. Will have to think about that for a while.

JazzMan

Einstien driving a Fiero will work nicely, good to see you again.

Firefighter

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2006 08:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FirefighterClick Here to Email FirefighterSend a Private Message to FirefighterDirect Link to This Post
Jazzman - The aluminum wiring thing - Is this a late '60s or 70's house? Unfortunately back then for some reason the codes allowed aluminum wiring or partial aluminum wiring. The code folks throughout the country altogether got a cases of "the stupids". Unfortunately ther is no one to sue, but you have to get rid of the aluminum feeder especially if you upgraded to a higher amperage panel. Good luck. Ed

------------------

Raydar

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 451
Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2006 09:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarClick Here to Email RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post
Good to see you James.
Take care of yourself.
Scott-Wa

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 148
Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2006 11:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Scott-WaClick Here to visit Scott-Wa's HomePageClick Here to Email Scott-WaSend a Private Message to Scott-WaDirect Link to This Post
Can you bring a copper feed in overhead or something... maybe run armored feed up side of house and through wall to the box?

When my 1945 fuse box that was put inside a built in cabinet was deemed unsafe by the inspector, I got a new 200 amp panel outside and the fuse box was gutted and turned into a junction panel. Might be a valid route for you also if you don't mind your service panel outdoors.
Vonov

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2006 01:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for VonovClick Here to Email VonovSend a Private Message to VonovDirect Link to This Post
Jazz, maybe you can tie/clamp a new copper feed to the aluminium feed under the slab/driveway, grease the hell out of it, and put a winch on to slowly pull out the old one while pulling the new one through? Whatever you do, good luck...

------------------

'88 Formula - 4.9 conversion by The Fiero Factory

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock