Started on: 08-11-2006 01:36 AM
Replies: 19
Last post by: fierofetish on 08-13-2006 11:48 AM
Tinton

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 295
User Banned

Report this Post08-11-2006 01:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TintonSend a Private Message to TintonDirect Link to This Post
Anyone know how to resize an animated gif, and still keep the animation?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
twofatguys

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 227
Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2006 02:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysDirect Link to This Post
You cant do it, give up

There, you got a response.

Brad
Silentassassin185

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2006 02:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Silentassassin185Send a Private Message to Silentassassin185Direct Link to This Post
Slater_334

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2006 02:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Slater_334Send a Private Message to Slater_334Direct Link to This Post
you can do it in photoshop.
mysticfire6602

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-11-2006 04:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mysticfire6602Send a Private Message to mysticfire6602Direct Link to This Post
dont tell your gonna have lumbergh moving...
Tinton

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-11-2006 02:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TintonSend a Private Message to TintonDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Slater_334:

you can do it in photoshop.

Uhhhh, how exactly? I go to Image>Image Resize and it still removes the animation.
Tinton

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-11-2006 02:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TintonSend a Private Message to TintonDirect Link to This Post

Tinton

4381 posts
Member since Feb 2005
Hmmmmm...Adobe Imageready can do it.
86fieroEarl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 117
Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2006 03:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fieroEarlSend a Private Message to 86fieroEarlDirect Link to This Post
muhahahhaahha
fierofetish

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 277
User Banned

Report this Post08-11-2006 09:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofetishSend a Private Message to fierofetishDirect Link to This Post
I still can't do it with gifworks..if I send it to you, can you do it for me please??
Thanks
Nick

Originally posted by Tinton:

Hmmmmm...Adobe Imageready can do it.

Amethyst

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2006 09:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmethystClick Here to visit Amethyst's HomePageSend a Private Message to AmethystDirect Link to This Post
Use Animation Shop in JASC Paint Shop Pro, don't forget to resave it as a GIF or you will lose all the animation in it by converting it to a JPG file.

------------------

fierofetish

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-12-2006 01:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofetishSend a Private Message to fierofetishDirect Link to This Post
Did it work???????
Nope..

[This message has been edited by fierofetish (edited 08-12-2006).]

PFF
System Bot
Tinton

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-12-2006 01:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TintonSend a Private Message to TintonDirect Link to This Post
Hmmmm... I didn't even think to use Paint Shop Pro 9! But Imageready seems to work.

fierofetish, sure, send the image to tinton@gmail.com or just put it up on imageshack and post the link here. My desktop (computer with the Imageready) is about to go down, I'm having trouble getting it to boot (mostly only comes up in safe mode). Hopefully I'll be able to do the image for you, or I can install Adobe Imageready here on my laptop.
fierofetish

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-12-2006 01:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofetishSend a Private Message to fierofetishDirect Link to This Post
Ooops!! So busy trying to get it to work, I didn't see your post!! Thanks Tinton and Amethyst!! I managed to downsize it, but it won't work in my avatar. Posted it on PIP, pasted the path minus the [IMG][/IMG], but it doesn't want to go!! Cute, isn't it?? The only GIF I have ever really liked!!! So..what did I do wrong? I'll keep on trying
Nick

Nope, still won't work...gives a new meaning to the term 'roadrunner', doesn't it?

[This message has been edited by fierofetish (edited 08-12-2006).]

Songman

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2006 02:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
Nick, when I look at the properties of your avatar it says it is a jpg. But the moving one in your post is a gif. it has to be a gif to be animated.
Tinton

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-12-2006 02:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TintonSend a Private Message to TintonDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Songman:

Nick, when I look at the properties of your avatar it says it is a jpg. But the moving one in your post is a gif. it has to be a gif to be animated.

That depends on the file you upload. Look at my avatar, if I had uploaded a .jpg it would be a .jpg as my avatar. Apparently Cliff has it setup so that you get 1 file that updates every time you change your avatar, and it can be either .jpg or .gif.

Nick, I'll see what I can do, I just got XP Pro back on my desktop and I'll probably be able to get it done by tomorrow. You know whats sucks though? Your gif is 7 pixels from being perfect .
fierofetish

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-12-2006 08:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofetishSend a Private Message to fierofetishDirect Link to This Post
Hi Dale !! Nice to hear from you!! IUploaded the same file in both...the one in the post is the same as the one in the avatar. But in the properties, the one in the avatar is a slightly smaller size !! PS. If you PM me your telephone number, would like to return the call you made..when my ISP is consistent enough to hold a connection !!
Tinton..thanks again!! I messed about with it last ight for hours!! Tried to upload it to Motirol, and got the same result as with PIP.Maybe I will try to resize it again, to exact requirements, and see if it works. I appreciate your help!!
Nick
ohioindy

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2006 08:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ohioindyClick Here to visit ohioindy's HomePageSend a Private Message to ohioindyDirect Link to This Post
e-mail send
topher_time

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 64
Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2006 03:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for topher_timeSend a Private Message to topher_timeDirect Link to This Post
fetish, try this one, your original is still too large, so when you upload it, it's saved and resized as a jpg, instead of a gif. Need to be 70x70 or less

[This message has been edited by topher_time (edited 08-12-2006).]

litespd

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 176
Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2006 06:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for litespdSend a Private Message to litespdDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Silentassassin185:

www.gifworks.com

I used this...it resized the .gif alright, but it messed up the text to the point that you couldn't even read it.

fierofetish

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-13-2006 11:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofetishSend a Private Message to fierofetishDirect Link to This Post
Tried again..??
YEEEAAAHHH! Thanks all, especially topher_time!! I just LOVE it!!!
OhioIndy, thanks very much for your help too...I appreciate your efforts and email immensely
Nick

Plusses given, where already not awarded

[This message has been edited by fierofetish (edited 08-13-2006).]

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock