Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  Om, now what are we to do, Elvis's Teddy Bear eaten!

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

Om, now what are we to do, Elvis's Teddy Bear eaten! by blackrams
Started on: 08-03-2006 12:16 PM
Replies: 5
Last post by: 84fierotrevor on 08-03-2006 05:59 PM
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2006 12:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post
Sorry, this caught my eye. I know, it's an investment but my lord with all the "bad" things going on in this world, seems kind of trival to me. I know, it wasn't my teddy bear.
Dog Destroys Elvis' Teddy Bear at Museum
AP
LONDON (Aug. 2) - A guard dog has ripped apart a collection of rare teddy bears, including one once owned by Elvis Presley , during a rampage at a children's museum.

"He just went berserk," said Daniel Medley, general manager of the Wookey Hole Caves near Wells, England, where hundreds of bears were chewed up Tuesday night by the 6-year-old Doberman pinscher named Barney.
Barney ripped the head off a brown stuffed bear once owned by the young Presley during the attack, leaving fluffy stuffing and bits of bears' limbs and heads on the museum floor. The bear, named Mabel, was made in 1909 by the German manufacturer Steiff.
The collection, valued at more than $900,000, included a red bear made by Farnell in 1910 and a Bobby Bruin made by Merrythought in 1936.
The bear with Elvis connections was owned by English aristocrat Benjamin Slade, who bought it at an Elvis memorabilia auction in Memphis, Tenn., and had loaned it to the museum.
"I've spoken to the bear's owner and he is not very pleased at all," Medley said.
A security guard at the museum, Greg West, said he spent several minutes chasing Barney before wrestling the dog to the ground.

------------------
Ron
Freedom isn't Free, it's paid for with the blood and dreams of those that have gone before us.
My imagination is the only limiting factor to my Fiero. Well, there is that money issue.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2006 12:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post

I'm all shook up.

Sourmug

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2006 01:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SourmugSend a Private Message to SourmugDirect Link to This Post
At least Barney didn't get the blue suede shoes!

I can read the dog's mind now: "Wow, what a gig. I get toys too!"

Nolan

[This message has been edited by Sourmug (edited 08-03-2006).]

Monkeyman

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 182
Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2006 01:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanDirect Link to This Post
I hope nothing bad happened to the dog.
DtheC

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2006 01:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DtheCSend a Private Message to DtheCDirect Link to This Post
He wasn't nothin' but a hound dog.
Sorry I just could't help myself.
I'd be suprised if the display wasn't insured.
Still kind of a bite about the loss.

------------------
Ol' Paint, 88 Base coupe auto.
Turning white on top, like owner.
Leaks a little, like owner.
Doesn't smoke, unlike owner

84fierotrevor

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 351
Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2006 05:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fierotrevorSend a Private Message to 84fierotrevorDirect Link to This Post
whats gonna happend to the dog? he isnt going to be put down is he? im sure he will no longer work a a gaurd dog. i wonder if i can buy him?
i wanna buy him. i can tell people he is the dog that tore up elvies dumb teddy bear.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock