Started on: 07-30-2006 05:48 PM
Replies: 3
Last post by: whadeduck on 07-30-2006 11:43 PM
whadeduck

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2006 05:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckDirect Link to This Post
Just wanted to thank everyone who voted for me and tried to win that contest a short while back. I wrote in about my displeasures with my current boss. People could vote and, if I got enough votes, I would win a week's vacation to somewhere. The rules were kind of vague in that section. I didn't win. Usually someone would go from being only about thirty votes ahead of me to over a thousand votes litterally overnight. Don't know how that happened but, either way, my congratulations go out to the winners of that contest and my thanks go out to all of you who put up with my constant venting about my butt-head of a boss. I had asked a woman who writes a column for AOL on bad workplaces if she'd like to read about mine. She said yes so I typed something up and sent it to her. When I asked her later what she thought of it, I was surprised by her response. She said that the things I wrote about are, sadly, not uncommon in the workplace and that my story was not a unique one. Kind of comforting and disturbing all at the same time. Comforting to know that there are others going through or have gone through the same kind of thing. But disturbing to know that it happens at all. Anyway, I'm doing it again. Can't thank y'all enough. Especially the ones who voted for me. One day I'll be away from this place, look back on my experience, and hopefully be a better person as a result of it.

------------------
Whade' "The Duck Formerly Known As Wade" Duck
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Newbfiero

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2006 09:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NewbfieroSend a Private Message to NewbfieroDirect Link to This Post
Your Welcome and sorry to hear you didn,t win this .. at least you have tryd ..Never give up on things .. Was fun to vote . I think I had 3 in there somewhere lol ..you were welcome again anytime ...Rob
84fiero123

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2006 11:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Direct Link to This Post
Just saw this and as Newbfiero sorry to hear that you didn’t win. I was sure you were a shoe in, that's why I suggested that you try.

If the places like yours are not that uncommon I glad not to have worked in one. I have work for some real ass swipes over the years but to me yours seemed like the topper.

Hope you find something soon before you loose what is left of your sanity.

Thanks were not really needed we are all friends here and that's what friends do, they try to help each other out.

I have my differences with many of the people on the forum in many areas but will always try to help anyone here who needs it, simply because of our small attachment by way of our love of these little cars.

Steve

------------------
technology is great when it works
and one big pain in the ass when it doesn't.
Detroit iron rules all the rest are just toys.

whadeduck

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2006 11:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckDirect Link to This Post
Sanity? Oh don't worry. I've got plenty of that left.

lol

Ok, so maybe it's my insanity that keeps me sane.

------------------
Whade' "The Duck Formerly Known As Wade" Duck
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock