NFL and substance abuse by 2birds
Started on: 07-26-2006 08:57 PM
Replies: 3
Last post by: Raydar on 07-26-2006 11:11 PM
2birds

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2006 08:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2birdsSend a Private Message to 2birdsDirect Link to This Post
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5818754?FSO1&ATT=HMA

Why does the NFL put up with this? Why not zero tolerance for substance abuse violations, like any other employer that cares enough to test? A four-game suspension means what, in the grand scheme of things?

In my job (the Navy), if I get busted for "substance abuse", I get canned, and it stays with me forever. I know the rules, and I have to live by them. Reading the article, it sounds like you can appeal a substance abuse bust. It doesn't say how he got caught, but I know we use urinalysis, and it's generally not something people can effectively fight, in my experience.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2006 09:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2birds:
A four-game suspension means what, in the grand scheme of things?

It means that the team won't have to limp along without their star players for an extended period of time.
It's all about the money (and the win.)
Wht&BluGT

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2006 10:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Wht&BluGTSend a Private Message to Wht&BluGTDirect Link to This Post
I don't get the whole point of doing drugs while you are a "star". I mean you have everything you can ever want, and you want to piss it all away for a simple high.

------------------
Be yourself........unless you suck

Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2006 11:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Wht&BluGT:
I don't get the whole point of doing drugs while you are a "star".

Because you can!

I mean you have everything you can ever want, and you want to piss it all away for a simple high.

A lot of athletes seem to think that they are above the law; that they can buy their way out of any scrape they happen to get into. And to a large extent, they're right. (Think O.J.)

Aside from that, I'm guessing that many of those players did drugs throughout their teenage and college years. Why stop when they can afford the really good stuff.

Of course, I'm sure that some of them just get caught up in the "athlete, rockstar, celebrity" mindset, even if they weren't users in their younger years. "Ahhhh. The good life!"

"Cocaine is God's way of telling you that you've made too much money." -Robin Williams

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock