Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  What would you do on a holodeck? (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
What would you do on a holodeck? by kwagner
Started on: 07-26-2006 07:54 AM
Replies: 42
Last post by: Flamberge on 07-30-2006 02:01 PM
kwagner

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2006 07:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kwagnerClick Here to visit kwagner's HomePageSend a Private Message to kwagnerDirect Link to This Post
Just had a thought the other night, if holodecks existed today I could run a program/game where I could drive any car I wanted on any road/track in the world, any time, and that would be a lot of fun For those out there that don't know, a holodeck is a sci-fi device that allows a user to enter a detailed virtual reality (in a nutshell). Say they existed today, and had been developed and enhanced to the point where they could adequately mimic reality. You could go anywhere, and do anything. What would you do?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
tutnkmn

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 65
Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2006 07:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tutnkmnSend a Private Message to tutnkmnDirect Link to This Post
WARNING: The following contains many references to Star Trek the Next Generation. The Surgeon General has determined that long term exposure to Star Trek may cause you to develop pointed ears, green skin or forehead ridges.
-----------------------------------------
Counselor Troi and I would disappear into the holodeck for the rest of our natural lives

"Make sure the holodeck doesn't loose power, Geordi. Goodbye."

Sure, right, I know, Troi is a fictional character. But with a holodeck I could create Counselor Troi, hmmmmmmmmmmm many hours of umox!!!!

[This message has been edited by tutnkmn (edited 07-26-2006).]

lurker

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 236
Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2006 08:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for lurkerSend a Private Message to lurkerDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tutnkmn:
WARNING: The following contains many references to Star Trek the Next Generation.

great minds think alike.
Bigfieroman

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2006 08:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BigfieromanClick Here to visit Bigfieroman's HomePageSend a Private Message to BigfieromanDirect Link to This Post
No comment.

------------------

More info at: //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/043357.html

Jax184

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 111
Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2006 08:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jax184Click Here to visit Jax184's HomePageSend a Private Message to Jax184Direct Link to This Post
You Really don't wanna ask me that...
Formula88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2006 08:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post
Anything or anyone I wanted to.
8Ball

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 162
Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2006 08:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 8BallSend a Private Message to 8BallDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Formula88:

Anything or anyone I wanted to.

That is pretty much my answer, but my adventures would start with all my boyhood crushes... Kathy Ireland would be first!
8Ball

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2006 08:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 8BallSend a Private Message to 8BallDirect Link to This Post

8Ball

10865 posts
Member since Jul 2001
Stoopid network......

[This message has been edited by 8Ball (edited 07-26-2006).]

kwagner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2006 08:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kwagnerClick Here to visit kwagner's HomePageSend a Private Message to kwagnerDirect Link to This Post
No one has anything else they'd want to do? Well, now we know how to pacify society Seriously, what about:
- re-enacting some part of history?
- interactive fiction of one of your favorite books/movies?
- try out an alternate reality?
- visit a foreign land?
tutnkmn

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 65
Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2006 08:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tutnkmnSend a Private Message to tutnkmnDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by kwagner:

No one has anything else they'd want to do? Well, now we know how to pacify society Seriously, what about:
- re-enacting some part of history?
- interactive fiction of one of your favorite books/movies?
- try out an alternate reality?
- visit a foreign land?

As long as I could BANG Troi or another good looking woman while doing these things, sure

"Computer. Change setting to Rome, 36 A.D. Add new female love interest."

And while in Rome be sure to catch the Fiero races at the Circus Maximus.

[This message has been edited by tutnkmn (edited 07-26-2006).]

dguy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 97
Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2006 08:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dguySend a Private Message to dguyDirect Link to This Post
Assuming that your holodeck has all the same safety junk as those in ST:TNG, I'd love to first-hand witness some of nature's most destructive moments. Stand in the path of a Cat. 5 tornado. Be rolled down a mountain side by an avalanche. Have a tsunami come crashing down on me.

Being able to interact with dragons of all shapes & sizes, and from every mythos available would be on the list too.
PFF
System Bot
8Ball

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2006 09:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 8BallSend a Private Message to 8BallDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dguy:

Stand in the path of a Cat. 5 tornado. Be rolled down a mountain side by an avalanche. Have a tsunami come crashing down on me.
All while doing Troi.

hehehehhe

I used to date a girl years back who used to dress up like Troi for me, and for haloween. She looked alot like her too

[This message has been edited by 8Ball (edited 07-26-2006).]

blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2006 09:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post
Not sure on the spelling of the name but Minuette would be a long running program.

------------------
Ron
Freedom isn't Free, it's paid for with the blood and dreams of those that have gone before us.
My imagination is the only limiting factor to my Fiero. Well, there is that money issue.

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2006 09:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
Id be the lone male on a space station with a crew of female supermodels............LOL

** before anyone jumps on that, none are lez..

[This message has been edited by rogergarrison (edited 07-26-2006).]

Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2006 10:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeDirect Link to This Post
Two words: "Gran Turismo"

Of course, I'd also do other stuff. But it looks like THAT has already been covered.
Synthesis

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2006 10:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blackrams:

Not sure on the spelling of the name but Minuette would be a long running program.

My response would have been to "Dance with a woman in a red dress", a vague reference to her...
DotTC

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2006 10:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DotTCClick Here to visit DotTC's HomePageSend a Private Message to DotTCDirect Link to This Post
Have a woman who wouldnt' complain I know this is a far fetched fantasy, but I'm sure a holodeck could do that... I think.

------------------
FieroNews.com <-- Its back
I am the signature virus, please put me in your signature so I can spread

Deabionni

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2006 11:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DeabionniSend a Private Message to DeabionniDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Formula88:

Anything or with anyone I wanted to.

There, I fixed it for you.

That pretty much sums it up for me, as well.
NEPTUNE

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 288
Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2006 12:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NEPTUNESend a Private Message to NEPTUNEDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rogergarrison:

Id be the lone male on a space station with a crew of female supermodels............LOL

** before anyone jumps on that, none are lez..

Well, maybe just a few could be lez. Gotta watch SOMETHING while you are resting and being attended to by Dr. Crusher.
Strange that she would take such good care of a man who brutally murdered her weenie son, Wesley!

[This message has been edited by NEPTUNE (edited 07-26-2006).]

fierobear

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 383
Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2006 12:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blackrams:

Ooooh, yeah, her in that Jazz club (then alone in a room), then Troi. I'd never leave.

Oh, here's the info on Minuet

[This message has been edited by fierobear (edited 07-26-2006).]

DotTC

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2006 12:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DotTCClick Here to visit DotTC's HomePageSend a Private Message to DotTCDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by NEPTUNE:

Well, maybe just a few could be lez. Gotta watch SOMETHING while you are resting and being attended to by Dr. Crusher.
Strange that she would take such good care of a man who brutally murdered her weenie son, Wesley!

Since her son is a chick, can't he be on the ship?

and if you sleep with a chick on a holodeck, would that be cheating?
PFF
System Bot
Formula88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2006 01:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post
After the obvious first uses, there's a few things I'd like to try.

A Holo-Doom game, but all of the monsters are people I don't like, so I can repeatedly frag them.
A Holo-Tomb Raider, too. Some of the tombs and stuff are way cooler than anything you'd find in a real archieological dig. Troi can play Lara Croft. (Throw in some of the Indiana Jones settings, too)

Being able to participate in movies or books you've enjoyed. Want to be Luke Skywalker's wingman on during the Death Star attack run? (make sure the safety interlocks work first).

Want to be Obi-Wan Kenobi when he's teaching Anakin - so you can b*tch slap him a few times?

Have a drink with Rick in Casablanca - just to see what life looks like in black and white.

Do a Holo-version of "The Last Action Hero" and see if you can create an infinite paradox loop.

[This message has been edited by Formula88 (edited 07-26-2006).]

The Poopsmith

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2006 03:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for The PoopsmithSend a Private Message to The PoopsmithDirect Link to This Post
Ok something that utilizes some other part of my manhood (kind of). I would really want to do some classic WWII style dogfights just me and my crew of charismatic, hot, super model fighter pilots straight from the WAF in a modestly sized squad of say, P-40 warhawks takin on the best of the Imperial Navy (with hopes of winning of course). I think that would be my first and most lasting desire. And I would admit that it would probably include a ! hot ! shower mode once we return to base, but that wouldn't necessarily be written down on the flight plan.....things like that....just.... you know......happen......all the time.

I would probably have some sort of space adventure too Star Wars esque, sorry I just don't find Star Trek quite as fascinating besides Star Wars has Natalie Portman which usually makes everything better. And lastly I wouldn't deny my self a any car any place simulator with both race mode and Sunday scenic drive mode. I think that's it, I realize that this thread has been primarily occupied by men but honestly I think we need some women on this topic just to mix it up, something more than fast cars and boners.

Daniel
JimmyS

Feedback score:    (31)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 124
Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2006 03:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySDirect Link to This Post
Anna Kournikova. Nuf Said!
Toddster

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 503
Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2006 05:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterDirect Link to This Post
I'd invent "holo-adiction"
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2006 06:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
All the lez action youd need to watch would be covered with ' BI GIRLS '. If they were only lez, I wouldnt get to try them too. hehe
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2006 07:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post
Fly a small plane into a small airport in Italy.
Drive a very expensive hand made car across the country
Walk down a small cobble stone road
Knock on an old wooden door
Go inside and do it with…
Manuela Arcuri
fierobear

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 383
Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2006 01:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post
www.google.com, image search, Manuela Arcuri...whoa! Holy crap, yeah, put her on *my* list.
FieroSTETZ

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2006 04:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroSTETZClick Here to visit FieroSTETZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroSTETZDirect Link to This Post
2 Chicks at the same time, man.
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2006 06:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierobear:

www.google.com, image search, Manuela Arcuri...whoa! Holy crap, yeah, put her on *my* list.

Funny story, my wifes last name was Arcuri. Her grand parents came to america on a boat with nothing but the clothing they had on and what they had in their pockets. One of the things were some beans. Now they were not native to america but her father planted them every year and now his sons plant them. We were looking them up one night on the net and we found Manuela. Anyway when ever I get into a hot chick debate I like to toss her name in.

Back to the holodeck.
Saxman

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2006 07:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SaxmanClick Here to visit Saxman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SaxmanDirect Link to This Post
I'd create a Fiero that needed no repairs, had a C06 engine with an indestructable tranny, and was a choptop that actually had more head-room (& T-tops),. Oh - and a choice of passengers including the ladies from the "Girls (with and without) Fieros" threads.
PFF
System Bot
twofatguys

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 227
Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2006 10:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Saxman:

I'd create a Fiero that needed no repairs.

Come on guys, arn't we getting a little far away from reality here?
I could believe all the supermodels, exoctic cars, and even the Star Wars fight replays. But a Fiero that doesnt break down, IMPOSSIBLE!
Like any computer program could make a Fiero that didnt need repairs

Brad

Vonov

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2006 12:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VonovSend a Private Message to VonovDirect Link to This Post
I can't believe no one's mentioned Seven of Nine...
whadeduck

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2006 01:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Vonov:

I can't believe no one's mentioned Seven of Nine...

She can assimilate me anyday. The Vulcan on Star Trek Enterprise is pretty hot too.

------------------
Whade' "The Duck Formerly Known As Wade" Duck
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario

Boondawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post07-27-2006 01:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post
Experience firsthand every monumental moment in history.
From beginning to end.

Does it strike anyone else as just a little disheartening that the first thing most men would do is have sex?
That with ALL the things you would be capable of doing, sex would be the thing you choose?
Kinda gives an insight into how far we HAVEN'T come, as a species, doesn't it?
I guess thats why we're just not ready for a holodeck!

But yeah, two chicks!
whadeduck

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2006 02:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckDirect Link to This Post
Actually, the first thing that came to mind is recreating Dallas, TX in 1963 and go over every possible scenario. Don't know why. It's just been on my mind lately.

------------------
Whade' "The Duck Formerly Known As Wade" Duck
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario

Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2006 02:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by kwagner:

Just had a thought the other night, if holodecks existed today I could run a program/game where I could drive any car I wanted on any road/track in the world, any time, and that would be a lot of fun.

You must be awfully young, or really, I mean REALLY old.
kwagner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2006 03:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kwagnerClick Here to visit kwagner's HomePageSend a Private Message to kwagnerDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

You must be awfully young, or really, I mean REALLY old.

I'm 24 actually, and my brain is in my head and not my pants Don't get me wrong, I drool over my fair share of women, I just know there's more out there to experience.

Something else I thought I'd like to do, for a week or so, be the "big cheese" at some huge corporation in a major city, just to see what all that power was like. Personal limo, jet, helicopter, going to meetings with influential people, etc. I wouldn't want to do it all the time, though. What about being some national leader, getting to change the course of the world during an influential time. Think you could do the job better? Try it
Flamberge

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 89
Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2006 11:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FlambergeSend a Private Message to FlambergeDirect Link to This Post
I'd want to drive an 88 Pontiac Banshee (coolest car ever).

I'd want to meet Erich Hartmann, Nolan Ryan, AJ Foyt, Patrick Henry, Manfred Von Ricthoven, and every other famous person I've wanted to meet.

I'd want to fly a Colonial Viper Mk II in a huge Cylon battle.

I'd want a lightsaber fight with the baddest Sith opponents around.

I'd want to stand on the bow of the USS Texas as she fought her major battles in both World Wars.

I'd want to sit in a freezing lifeboat and hear the rending steel pop and groan as the Titanic broke in half before her final terrible plunge.

I'd want to see the Wright Flyer fly it's minimal distance and be behind the controls of the first F-22A, "Raptor 01."

I'd drive a Panoz/Honda Indycar on the famous Brickyard.

I'd help fight in the Texas battles for independance.

I'd join Roland, the Last Gunslinger, on his trip to the Tower. ("All things serve The Beam".)

I'd help burn Chrome. (A William Gibson reference.)

I'd box Ali (with the safety controls at 100%.)

I'd listen to the great speeches during the American Revolution.

I'd be there, on the moon when Armstrong landed.

I'd surf the largest wave ever.

I'd go to Area-51, just to see what's there.

I'd take a baseball bat to the storage facility housing the America's Got Talent archives.

I'd navigate through my house while the size of a Lego Man.

I'd drive a 4-wheeler around Cydonia.

I'd experience Macchu Picchu during the height of it's civilization.

I'd shake the hand of the man who invented What-A-Burger.

I'd eat dinner with my grandpa (died in 1983.) The meal would be Rouladen, green beans, and lumpy mashed potatoes.

I'd thank the creator of the Plazma and tell him he was missed.

I'd pit a period Samurai against a period Knight.

I've take part in a naval battle in the age of sail.

------------------

He Named Thor

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2006 11:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for He Named ThorClick Here to visit He Named Thor's HomePageSend a Private Message to He Named ThorDirect Link to This Post
Just out of curiosity,

How many times has the holodeck gone insane and tried to kill the crew members?
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock