Started on: 07-24-2006 12:05 AM
Replies: 15
Last post by: Formula88 on 07-25-2006 02:29 AM
1986 Fiero GT

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2006 12:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1986 Fiero GTSend a Private Message to 1986 Fiero GTDirect Link to This Post
Lol, I went to Clifton Hill on Friday night, and after Boston Pizza closed, we decided to go to the Franken-Burger King. Anyway, they had run out of poutine! The guy told us they always run out on Friday and Saturday nights, and we should get to BK before we hit the bars.

On a side note, I kinda feel bad for the people that work at the BK on Clifton Hill...they have to deal with all those angry, riled up drunken teenagers, lol. There's even a police officer bouncer!
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
sostock

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2006 12:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sostockSend a Private Message to sostockDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 1986 Fiero GT:

Lol, I went to Clifton Hill on Friday night, and after Boston Pizza closed, we decided to go to the Franken-Burger King. Anyway, they had run out of poutine! The guy told us they always run out on Friday and Saturday nights, and we should get to BK before we hit the bars.

On a side note, I kinda feel bad for the people that work at the BK on Clifton Hill...they have to deal with all those angry, riled up drunken teenagers, lol. There's even a police officer bouncer!

ok sure, i'll play. what the heck is poutine?
1986 Fiero GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2006 12:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1986 Fiero GTSend a Private Message to 1986 Fiero GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sostock:

ok sure, i'll play. what the heck is poutine?

Lol, it's only available in Canadian Burger Kings...I live so close to the border, sometimes I cross just to get the stuff...customs agents look at me like I'm crazy, then they search my car and let me through, lol.

Poutine is a substitute for fries up there, it's french fries in a boat, covered in gravy, cheese, and I believe some sour cream as well...uber tasty. That's what they're talking about in the movie "Super Troopers", in the first scene. The kid says "we're just going over the border for some french fries and gravy, sir", then you hear Rabbit mumble "poutine".
USFiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2006 09:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for USFieroSend a Private Message to USFieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 1986 Fiero GT:
Poutine is a substitute for fries up there, it's french fries in a boat, covered in gravy, cheese, and I believe some sour cream as well...uber tasty.

I have learned something valuable today.

customs agents look at me like I'm crazy, then they search my car and let me through, lol.That's what they're talking about in the movie "Super Troopers", in the first scene. The kid says "we're just going over the border for some french fries and gravy, sir", then you hear Rabbit mumble "poutine".

Ah, international culture...

Taijiguy

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 244
Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2006 09:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TaijiguySend a Private Message to TaijiguyDirect Link to This Post
It always amazes me that people who work in restaurants look at me like I'm insane when I ask for gravy on my fries.
ace35

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2006 10:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ace35Send a Private Message to ace35Direct Link to This Post
I LOVE POUTINE!

It's finally made its way south and is now available at "snack bar" type places all over Vermont! I get excited to play hockey in canada because I can finally get some good poutine!
JohnnyK

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 354
Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2006 11:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnnyKSend a Private Message to JohnnyKDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Taijiguy:

It always amazes me that people who work in restaurants look at me like I'm insane when I ask for gravy on my fries.

you kidding? "What do you want as a side sir?" "Fries" "Gravy?"
8Ball

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 162
Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2006 11:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 8BallSend a Private Message to 8BallDirect Link to This Post
Poutine is the most vile disgusting thing I have ever tasted.
Fries just are not meant to be coverned in brown gravy, cheese CURD and sour cream.

Makes my stomach churn just to think about them. If you are ever offered Poutine, RUN AWAY!!!!
Boondawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post07-24-2006 01:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post
I thought you said "Poontang".

WTF! Burger King OUT OF POONTANG!!!!
Whats next, McDonalds out of Dirty Sanchez's?!!!
lurker

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 236
Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2006 12:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for lurkerSend a Private Message to lurkerDirect Link to This Post
darn you boondawg, you beat me to it.
Phranc

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 243
User Banned

Report this Post07-25-2006 12:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PhrancSend a Private Message to PhrancDirect Link to This Post
Cheese fries and gravy is good stuff. The only fast food around here I can get it from is KFC but its special order. The asian owned carry out makes it too and its way better but takes for ever. I think they cut the fries in store.
PFF
System Bot
Ajax Zem

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2006 12:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Ajax ZemSend a Private Message to Ajax ZemDirect Link to This Post
I stopped at the drivethrough of my local KFC Taco Bell a few months ago and ordered a few soft shelled tacos. The kid said they couldn't male any soft shelled tacos, so I asked for x number of buritos instead. He came back and said he could not make any. Then I asked for just some hard shelled tacos. He again came back and said he could not make them. So I finally asked what the deal was. He sais they were all out of beef, (as if it were really beef anyway). I asked him what they could make and he told me I could get a coke for the trouble. When I got up to the window to get just a coke he tried to charge me for it. I just drove away.

Then about a week ago my wife goes there for some KFC. She ordered a bucket of chicken at the window and they said they no longer served chicken. She asked what the deal was and they said they were all out for the time being.

What kind of KFC/Taco Bell doesn't have beef or chicken??? I have never gotten an order right from that place and there is never any customers there anymore.
1986 Fiero GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2006 12:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1986 Fiero GTSend a Private Message to 1986 Fiero GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Ajax Zem:

I stopped at the drivethrough of my local KFC Taco Bell a few months ago and ordered a few soft shelled tacos. The kid said they couldn't male any soft shelled tacos, so I asked for x number of buritos instead. He came back and said he could not make any. Then I asked for just some hard shelled tacos. He again came back and said he could not make them. So I finally asked what the deal was. He sais they were all out of beef, (as if it were really beef anyway). I asked him what they could make and he told me I could get a coke for the trouble. When I got up to the window to get just a coke he tried to charge me for it. I just drove away.

Then about a week ago my wife goes there for some KFC. She ordered a bucket of chicken at the window and they said they no longer served chicken. She asked what the deal was and they said they were all out for the time being.

What kind of KFC/Taco Bell doesn't have beef or chicken??? I have never gotten an order right from that place and there is never any customers there anymore.

Whoa, wait...hold the phone. You live in Jamestown? No way! I used to live in Greenhurst, until I moved to Lake View last August with my parents. Freakin' sweet!

EDIT: Also, what model Fiero do you drive? I've seen a few around, but only one super, super nice one...it's a maroon fastback. Is that you?

[This message has been edited by 1986 Fiero GT (edited 07-25-2006).]

Ajax Zem

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2006 12:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Ajax ZemSend a Private Message to Ajax ZemDirect Link to This Post
I wish. No, I drive an 86' if you've ever been behind be you'll know from my tails. Just check my new sig.

------------------

"What a Fiasco, um I mean Fiero."

1986 Fiero GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2006 12:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1986 Fiero GTSend a Private Message to 1986 Fiero GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Ajax Zem:

I wish. No, I drive an 86' if you've ever been behind be you'll know from my tails. Just check my new sig.

Hmm...I think I very might have seen that car before. I drive a super-faded gold '86 GT. You might have seen me around Jamestown last summer, but I haven't been able to drive my baby since last November, when the clutch went out.
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2006 02:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post
Poutine is a dish consisting of french fries topped with fresh cheese curds and covered with hot gravy and sometimes other additional ingredients.

Fries with brown gravy? Ok. I can see that. Even the sour creme, but cheese curds?
Now make that cheese, and I'm game.

[This message has been edited by Formula88 (edited 07-25-2006).]

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock