Cliff, why can't i PM anyone? by Greg Z
Started on: 07-23-2006 03:18 PM
Replies: 8
Last post by: Cliff Pennock on 07-24-2006 04:24 AM
Greg Z

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2006 03:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Greg ZClick Here to Email Greg ZSend a Private Message to Greg ZDirect Link to This Post
sorry if this is not allowed to post here, but i didn't know what else to do. when i try to reply from a pm or send a pm from a thread it says that i have incorrect password, yet i'm logged in and able to reply to threads. i've tried to e-mail Cliff, but not sure they are going though and plus its been a few days. can somebody help me? thnx in advance.

------------------

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
sostock

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2006 03:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sostockSend a Private Message to sostockDirect Link to This Post
maybe everyone has blocked you?

are you running firefox that saves your passwords? are you using your home computer what has your IP address?

i can log on and post here at work but can't access any pm's.
Greg Z

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2006 03:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Greg ZClick Here to Email Greg ZSend a Private Message to Greg ZDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sostock:

are you running firefox that saves your passwords? are you using your home computer what has your IP address?

i can log on and post here at work but can't access any pm's.

yes my firefox saves my passwords, and i use both my house and office computer everyday up to this point with no problem.
the only thing i can think of is that i was reviewing my "profile" last week and notice that my e-mail was ancient so i changed it. right after that i couldn't log in or anything because come to find out the forum i guess automatically sent me a new password. but the password seems to let me do everything but pm people
Songman

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 308
Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2006 05:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
Try closing Firefox and when you come back don't let it log you in automatically, or if it does log back out. Then when you come to the main page of the forum, click Inbox at the bottom and log in from there and allow it to save your password. I know that Firefox has asked me to save my forum password and also a password from the Private mail page. That might fix the problem.

------------------

4th Annual California Coast Run
October 27-29, 2006
San Simeon, California

F-I-E-R-O

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2006 05:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F-I-E-R-OClick Here to Email F-I-E-R-OSend a Private Message to F-I-E-R-ODirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sostock:

PM blocked!
DL10

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2006 05:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DL10Click Here to visit DL10's HomePageClick Here to Email DL10Send a Private Message to DL10Direct Link to This Post
I'm pretty sure your password gets changed when you change youe e-mail address. You will need to logon using this new password and then you can change it tp be what it was.
Greg Z

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2006 05:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Greg ZClick Here to Email Greg ZSend a Private Message to Greg ZDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Songman:

Try closing Firefox and when you come back don't let it log you in automatically, or if it does log back out. Then when you come to the main page of the forum, click Inbox at the bottom and log in from there and allow it to save your password. I know that Firefox has asked me to save my forum password and also a password from the Private mail page. That might fix the problem.

thnx, that worked. + 4u
ok songman, close your ears.
+ 4 everyone else too that helped, just don't tell songman

[This message has been edited by Greg Z (edited 07-23-2006).]

Songman

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 308
Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2006 07:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
Oh, I don't mind... I'll take them where I can get them! haha
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 698
Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2006 04:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageClick Here to Email Cliff PennockSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockDirect Link to This Post
^ ^ ^ ^ What they said ^ ^ ^ ^

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock