Started on: 07-23-2006 02:02 PM
Replies: 68
Last post by: G-Nasty on 08-02-2006 06:59 PM
Toddster

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 503
Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2006 02:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterDirect Link to This Post
For those who have forgotten...or have tried to, here are the 2004 election predictions we all made in November 2003:

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Archives/Archive-000003/HTML/20040710-6-018440.html

Good thing for I'MBACK that he isn't!

1) Presidential and gubernatorial elections are still 2 years off so Congress is where the action is. I had predicted in 2004 that the Dems had their best chance of gaining seats in a decade and they blew it allowing the GOP to pick up 7 seats in the house and 6 in the senate. In that time, I have seen teh Democratic Party fall further and further behind in the race for competence and unity. However, the GOP has STILL not made the debt a major priority even though the deficit is less than expected I want to see some surplus money. I understand the war is expensive and necessary but the fact is that there will ALWAYS be a war or a hurricane, or earthquake, or soething! It's time to save for those rainy days and the people are eager to see it happen. If, and I do mean IF, the Democrats find brains enough to stop making the election a reforendum on the war which America supports, and instead makes it about the debt, they will gain a few seats in the house, maybe one in the Senate. If not, the GOP will pick-up even more seats, not as many as in 2004 but certainly 2 or 3 in the house and 1 or 2 in the senate.

2) The Dow is unpredictable now more than ever due to teh uncertainty of OPEC's extorsion. Will oil hit $100/barrel? Maybe. Let me put it this way, IF gas does not reach $4/gallon then the Dow will go over 11,000 and stay there. If gas DOES hit $4/gallon then I think we can expect to see somre real economic problems as people invest in safer commodities.

3) Unemployment will remain below 5% and continue it's march towards 4%, but never quite get there.

4) Bush gets TOUGH after the election. Playing it relatively safe on certain agenda items for 6 years he has nothing to lose beginning November 8th. We will see some major action towards debt reduction, death tax elimination, investor tax credits, possibly even income tax elimination or revamping, government waste elimination, etc.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
sostock

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2006 02:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sostockSend a Private Message to sostockDirect Link to This Post
i agree with most of what you stated. (bows head in shame)

do you think he will try (again) to reform SS?
Toddster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2006 02:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sostock:

i agree with most of what you stated. (bows head in shame)

do you think he will try (again) to reform SS?

I think so, but I think he will still fail because Congress does not want to do away with their favorite pork barrel.
Songman

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2006 03:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Toddster:

...beginning November 8th. We will see some major action towards debt reduction, death tax elimination, investor tax credits, possibly even income tax elimination or revamping, government waste elimination, etc.

I certainly hope so.

NEPTUNE

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 288
Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2006 06:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NEPTUNESend a Private Message to NEPTUNEDirect Link to This Post
Are ceo and Wichita the same person? I was reading/posting only on tech way back then.

Read the link, songman. Same grammar, spelling and address. And a bitter hatred of the mythical "libral devils."
Hence my question.

[This message has been edited by NEPTUNE (edited 07-23-2006).]

Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2006 07:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
Huh? Am I missing something? Is this the right thread? I don't think either of them has posted here.
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2006 08:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post
I agree with most of what Todd said.

I'll add that the immigration / porous borders issue is a LOT bigger deal than anyone in politics wants to acknowledge (for some unknown reason.)
The other issue that many people want addressed is a Federal Sales Tax (i.e., "The Fair Tax") instead of the IRS debacle that we have all come to know and love. A "non binding referendum" on this issue, in recent local elections, garnered an ~80% positive response.
I believe that whoever steps up and commits to actually do something about these two items, will win a huge block of votes.
They just don't get it. Or don't want to.

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 07-23-2006).]

Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2006 09:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by NEPTUNE:

Read the link, songman. Same grammar, spelling and address. And a bitter hatred of the mythical "libral devils."
Hence my question.

Gotcha! I don't spend enough time here reading O/T anymore to know whose style is what.

Toddster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2006 09:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Songman:

Huh? Am I missing something? Is this the right thread? I don't think either of them has posted here.

give 'em time. A thread like this is raw meat for a guy like Wichita!
Wichita

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2006 10:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaDirect Link to This Post

Are ceo and Wichita the same person? I was reading/posting only on tech way back then.

Hence my question.

Nope! Not me. Sorry to disappoint you.

I have nothing against liberals. It's leftist I disagree with.

I don't hate anybody. I just disagree with leftist ideology. I also disagree with the "born again" christian cult. There are plenty of things I disagree with, but I don't hate.

Phranc

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 243
User Banned

Report this Post07-23-2006 10:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhrancSend a Private Message to PhrancDirect Link to This Post
Return of the 'Whig' party to dominate and releave america of the poopy 2 parties we have now.
PFF
System Bot
NEPTUNE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2006 11:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NEPTUNESend a Private Message to NEPTUNEDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Phranc:

Return of the 'Whig' party to dominate and releave america of the poopy 2 parties we have now.

Sir, I prithee, I think we are better served by the "Know Nothings."
Whigs, pshaw. Gimme a break. bwahahah.
http://ap.grolier.com/article?assetid=0233110-00&templatename=/article/article.html

[QUOTE]The Know-Nothing movement illustrated two things: a persistent ethnoreligious hostility in American life that often intruded into politics and the potentiality for political disruption when existing parties fail to deal adequately with volatile social and political tensions. Although the movement quickly lost out to the Republicans, its ideas did not, and they formed one aspect of the Republican appeal for generations to come. [QUOTE]

[This message has been edited by NEPTUNE (edited 07-23-2006).]

Phranc

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 243
User Banned

Report this Post07-23-2006 11:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhrancSend a Private Message to PhrancDirect Link to This Post
Kow nothings? Give me a break most went on to become republicans. Fat lotta good that did us.

I just said Whigs because most people don't know there was a third party ever and that it did have a president.

Edit: I should have quoted your original post. I think you changed links.

[This message has been edited by Phranc (edited 07-23-2006).]

Fastback 86

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 231
Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2006 12:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fastback 86Send a Private Message to Fastback 86Direct Link to This Post
I certainly hope GW gets tough after November. Disagreeable as I may have found some (most) of his policies, at least his "Cowboy Diplomacy" and "I'm doing whats right so **** off" attitudes actually got a few things accomplished. Has the federal government done anything of note lately? I haven't heard anything but limp-**** "flag burning" legislation and similar BS for a while now.
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2006 12:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fastback 86:... I haven't heard anything but limp-**** "flag burning" legislation and similar BS for a while now.

That, and the stem cell thing.

All showboating, that accomplished next to nothing.

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 07-24-2006).]

sostock

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2006 12:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sostockSend a Private Message to sostockDirect Link to This Post
That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness.
fierobear

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 383
Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2006 02:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sostock:

That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness.

Sounds like a plan. When do we get started?

Tigger

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2006 04:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TiggerSend a Private Message to TiggerDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierobear:

Sounds like a plan. When do we get started?

How does November 7th sound?

Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2006 05:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Phranc:

Kow nothings? Give me a break most went on to become republicans. Fat lotta good that did us.

I just said Whigs because most people don't know there was a third party ever and that it did have a president.

Edit: I should have quoted your original post. I think you changed links.

There's been a whole lot more than three parties. Many with presidents elected.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_political_parties_in_the_United_States

How about the "Liberal Rebublican" party? It laid some of the foundation of the modern Democratic party.
Toddster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2006 06:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Formula88:

There's been a whole lot more than three parties. Many with presidents elected.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_political_parties_in_the_United_States

How about the "Liberal Rebublican" party? It laid some of the foundation of the modern Democratic party.

Ahh the Bull Moose Party. Kinda makes you nastolgic for the good ole' days... <--- hey look, it even looks like Teddy Roosevelt
fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2006 03:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tigger:

How does November 7th sound?

Do you really think there will be more choices, with a chance to win, than just Republicans and Democrats?
PFF
System Bot
Toddster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2006 07:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterDirect Link to This Post

Do you really think there will be more choices, with a chance to win, than just Republicans and Democrats?

Joe Lieberman may actually be running as an independent! We'll know after 8/8. I have a feeling a lot of moderate Democrats will be looking to a 3rd party to keep their jobs.
connecticutFIERO

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 224
Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2006 07:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for connecticutFIEROSend a Private Message to connecticutFIERODirect Link to This Post

Joe Lieberman may actually be running as an independent! We'll know after 8/8. I have a feeling a lot of moderate Democrats will be looking to a 3rd party to keep their jobs.

2006 is a much different environment than 2000, 2002, or 2004. It was a continuance down a political path that led us to the current situation. People either have had enough and will turn to the Democratic party, or they won't vote in large numbers and the Democratic party will pick up only a few seats as a result.

It depends on the next few months. If Iraq suddenly turns around, the middle east peace process picks up steam, no large hurricanes or natural disasters showcase the inept govt, and gas prices dramatically drop, then Republicans will gain seats or hold onto what they have. But what are the chances of any of that happening? Slim to none.

My predictions would be that Iraq has some phony progress just like the elections. What good is an election if you have no democratic institutions functioning, or even public works up an running. Lets face it the elections changed nothing, things have only gotten worse. They need a real army, a strong police force, an independent judiciary, running water, electricity, sewage treatment, garbage collection, and a functioning economy.

Without these things, anything that happens is just lipstick on a pig. Maybe the US population will notice it's just PR bullshit this time around. Probably not though, we seem to like being ignorant.

Gas will go down to $2.99 after summer is over. People will rejoice and forget it was $ 1.35 just 6 years ago. Remember CLinton gas. Ahh the good ole days.

Congress will be almost split down the middle thanks to Democratic gains.

The senate will remain as is with maybe 2 Democratic wins.

It will be a slow swing of the pendulum. In 2008 there will be major Democratic gains and either a moderate Republican president like McCain (God I hope not I'm sick of him) or a moderate Democratic President, someone like Wesley Clark. I would vote for Clark.

[This message has been edited by connecticutFIERO (edited 07-25-2006).]

fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2006 12:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by connecticutFIERO:
Gas will go down to $2.99 after summer is over. People will rejoice and forget it was $ 1.35 just 6 years ago. Remember CLinton gas. Ahh the good ole days.

Clinton? That's interesting. What did he DO to make the gas prices so low?

connecticutFIERO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2006 02:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for connecticutFIEROSend a Private Message to connecticutFIERODirect Link to This Post

Clinton? That's interesting. What did he DO to make the gas prices so low?

He scared the oil companies? I don't know.

[This message has been edited by connecticutFIERO (edited 07-26-2006).]

fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2006 12:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

He scared the oil companies? I don't know.

OK, as long as you *admit* he didn't do anything, or you don't know, then that's that.

Formula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2006 12:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post

Gas was $1.35 just 3 years ago. But of course you wouldn't remember that. That would be Bush gas, and so it must have cost more. Inflation, or sun spots, or something.
connecticutFIERO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2006 03:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for connecticutFIEROSend a Private Message to connecticutFIERODirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Formula88:

Gas was $1.35 just 3 years ago. But of course you wouldn't remember that. That would be Bush gas, and so it must have cost more. Inflation, or sun spots, or something.

We've been getting raped on gas prices so long that it all blends into one big fat elephant. $3.25 a gallon on my way to work today. Aren't you so proud of your average guy president? He has nothhing to do with what's happening though right?
http://inflationdata.com/Inflation/Inflation_Rate/Gasoline_Inflation.asp

Formula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2006 03:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post
Just like all of your posts have blended into one big fat ass.

Toddster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2006 03:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterDirect Link to This Post

We've been getting raped on gas prices so long that it all blends into one big fat elephant. $3.25 a gallon on my way to work today. Aren't you so proud of your average guy president? He has nothhing to do with what's happening though right?
http://inflationdata.com/Inflation/Inflation_Rate/Gasoline_Inflation.asp

In fact Conn, it is the other way around. For too long America has raped other countries by giving a wink and a nod to dictators and despots for the luxury of CHEAP oil. Well, Bush said, "No More". We are FINALLY paying our fair share. Take a look at gas prices in London, or Sydney, or Berlin. Decades of indifference to the suffering of others has bred this catastrophy of terror we live with today. Bush is the first president who has had the political courage to put the morality of what we were doing a first priority and not cave in to the demands for the cheapest fuel on Earth by the masses.

One thing is a certainty, George Bush, when he leaves office, will be able to sleep just fine. Clinton is the one with insomnia.

[This message has been edited by Toddster (edited 07-26-2006).]

NEPTUNE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2006 05:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NEPTUNESend a Private Message to NEPTUNEDirect Link to This Post
Thanks, Dubya.

PFF
System Bot
NEPTUNE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2006 05:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NEPTUNESend a Private Message to NEPTUNEDirect Link to This Post

NEPTUNE

10199 posts
Member since Aug 2001
^^Now that we've had a little laugh (gallows humor), heres a quote from conservative columnist and white house leaker Robert Novak:
[QUOTE] "Rick Santorum remains far behind in Pennsylvania. Conrad Burns is in trouble in Montana. Jim Talent trails in Missouri. Mike DeWine is threatened by a noxious Republican atmosphere in Ohio. Lincoln Chafee is endangered in Democratic Rhode Island. John Kyl faces a surprisingly tough race in Arizona. Despite excellent candidates in Minnesota and Washington State, no Republican challenger for a Democratic-held Senate seat is in the lead. Thus, a six-seat takeover, capturing the Senate, is possible." [QUOTE]

And Novak didn't even mention Tennessee, where Harold Ford is making a strong play for Bill Frist's open seat, and Virginia, where Jim Webb is nipping at the heels of George Allen.
And lets not forget Floridas Katherine Harris, who helped "W" into the white house in 2000 and is now self destructing (like a DEMOCRAT) before our very eyes in her hopeless bid for Bill Nelsons senate seat.
Want to talk about former Christian Coalition head and Jack Abramoff pal Ralph Reed who just lost in Georgia?
What about Tom DeLay of Texas? He's on the ballot, but not likely to win. Especially since he now lives in Virginia and works as a (surprise) lobbiest.
The next two elections are the democrats to lose. Some of them won't.

[This message has been edited by NEPTUNE (edited 07-26-2006).]

Toddster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2006 05:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterDirect Link to This Post
dream on Uranus

Polls mean JACK. They did in the last 6 elections and they still do.

In case you forgot exit polling had Kerry as the winner in '04. And despite WIDESREAD Democratic voter fraud that resulted in dozens of jail sentences, the GOP still won by a wide margin.

NEPTUNE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2006 05:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NEPTUNESend a Private Message to NEPTUNEDirect Link to This Post

dream on Your anus

Polls come and polls go.
But a true dickhead like Todd - ster is, apparently, forever.

I quoted one of your gurus, Robert Novak, and you responded, as usual, with an insult.
As if I made it up.
I'll bet those clever insults go over real big in your "business experience" eh?
Wanker.

[This message has been edited by NEPTUNE (edited 07-26-2006).]

Toddster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2006 06:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterDirect Link to This Post

I quoted one of your gurus, Robert Novak, and you responded, as usual, with an insult.
As if I made it up.

You still don't get it Uranus. Liberals never will but I will try once again to explain: THINK FOR YOURSELF! Stop reading moveon.org and parroting everything you read as gospel without regard to what is being said.

THAT is the difference between conservatives and liberals. I respect Robert Novak's opinion but it is just HIS opinion. I think for myself and if you bothered to click on the link above which shows my opinion of the 2004 election it was in stark contrast to many other opinions of the time. But I deduced on my own what was to occur.

I'll insult all people who consider the greatest gift in the Universe...the ability to reason...as irrelevent.

But thanks for sharing ROBERT NOVAK'S opinion with us kid. This is what we mean by standing-up and being counted. I did so in 2003, I've sone so now, and now we know where Robert Novak stands too.

Maybe you will share your own thoughts someday and explain why.
connecticutFIERO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2006 06:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for connecticutFIEROSend a Private Message to connecticutFIERODirect Link to This Post
Yeah it was the Democrats that ran both the state election commission and coincidentally also co-chaired the Bush Cheney election campaign in Florida (Katherine Harris) in 2000, and Ohio (Ken Blackwell) in 2004...

You know both of those scumbags used their positions to secure the electoral votes. Anything to win right Todd?

http://www.rollingstone.com/news/story/10432334/was_the_2004_election_stolen

I know you don't care but if you were a real patriot you would read this and be appalled.

"Was the 2004 Election Stolen?
Republicans prevented more than 350,000 voters in Ohio from casting ballots or having their votes counted -- enough to have put John Kerry in the White House. BY ROBERT F. KENNEDY JR

more.

A consulting firm called Sproul & Associates, which was hired by the Republican National Committee to register voters in six battleground states,(6) was discovered shredding Democratic registrations.("
How about the 2002 New Hampshire phone jamming election interference scheme?

http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/07/13/phonejamming.ap/

"Three former GOP officials have already been sentenced in the phone jamming scheme. In the civil suit, state Democrats want to know who knew about the plan.

They point to a record of phone calls that show national GOP official James Tobin, one of those convicted, made two dozen calls to the White House within a three-day period as the phone jamming operation was finalized, carried out and then abruptly shut down.

more....

The lawsuit seeks compensation for alleged GOP interference with telephone systems amid a hotly contested U.S. Senate race between then-Gov. Jeanne Shaheen and Republican John Sununu. Sununu won by about 20,000 votes.

The calls tied up phone lines for more than an hour as Democrats and the nonpartisan Manchester firefighters' union were offering rides to the polls.

Tobin was convicted in December on two felony telephone harassment charges. He was sentenced to 10 months in prison but is free while his appeals are pending.

Former GOP Marketplace president Allen Raymond and former state Republican Committee Executive Director Charles McGee pleaded guilty in the case and testified against Tobin. McGee served seven months, and Raymond received a three-month sentence"

Scott-Wa

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2006 06:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Scott-WaClick Here to visit Scott-Wa's HomePageSend a Private Message to Scott-WaDirect Link to This Post

In fact Conn, it is the other way around. For too long America has raped other countries by giving a wink and a nod to dictators and despots for the luxury of CHEAP oil. Well, Bush said, "No More". We are FINALLY paying our fair share. Take a look at gas prices in London, or Sydney, or Berlin. Decades of indifference to the suffering of others has bred this catastrophy of terror we live with today. Bush is the first president who has had the political courage to put the morality of what we were doing a first priority and not cave in to the demands for the cheapest fuel on Earth by the masses.

One thing is a certainty, George Bush, when he leaves office, will be able to sleep just fine. Clinton is the one with insomnia.

And now we are raping them for expensive gasoline?

What on earth has Bush done to put morality into the equation of gasoline prices? Are we buying it from someone new? Are we spending all that record breaking profit on the environmental and social damage?

I see they are taking their profits made off the oil from here and spending it on refineries in Saudi Arabi and the UAE.... imagine that.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/business/energy/4073737.html

Why would Clinton have insomnia? He got laid, should sleep well...
Toddster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2006 06:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterDirect Link to This Post

Yeah it was the Democrats that ran both the state election commission and coincidentally also co-chaired the Bush Cheney election campaign in Florida (Katherine Harris) in 2000, and Ohio (Ken Blackwell) in 2004...

You know both of those scumbags used their positions to secure the electoral votes. Anything to win right Todd?

http://www.rollingstone.com/news/story/10432334/was_the_2004_election_stolen

I know you don't care but if you were a real patriot you would read this and be appalled.

"Was the 2004 Election Stolen?
Republicans prevented more than 350,000 voters in Ohio from casting ballots or having their votes counted -- enough to have put John Kerry in the White House. BY ROBERT F. KENNEDY JR

more.

A consulting firm called Sproul & Associates, which was hired by the Republican National Committee to register voters in six battleground states,(6) was discovered shredding Democratic registrations.("
How about the 2002 New Hampshire phone jamming election interference scheme?

http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/07/13/phonejamming.ap/

"Three former GOP officials have already been sentenced in the phone jamming scheme. In the civil suit, state Democrats want to know who knew about the plan.

They point to a record of phone calls that show national GOP official James Tobin, one of those convicted, made two dozen calls to the White House within a three-day period as the phone jamming operation was finalized, carried out and then abruptly shut down.

more....

The lawsuit seeks compensation for alleged GOP interference with telephone systems amid a hotly contested U.S. Senate race between then-Gov. Jeanne Shaheen and Republican John Sununu. Sununu won by about 20,000 votes.

The calls tied up phone lines for more than an hour as Democrats and the nonpartisan Manchester firefighters' union were offering rides to the polls.

Tobin was convicted in December on two felony telephone harassment charges. He was sentenced to 10 months in prison but is free while his appeals are pending.

Former GOP Marketplace president Allen Raymond and former state Republican Committee Executive Director Charles McGee pleaded guilty in the case and testified against Tobin. McGee served seven months, and Raymond received a three-month sentence"

Conn, why do you keep bringing these same posts up when you KNOW I can, and have before, provided a hundred links to corrupt Democrats who tried to steal the 2004 election and were convicted of attempted murder, voter fraud, tax evasion, witness tampering, coersion, etc.?

I mean what do you think it proves to keep posting the SAME TWO little stories over and over and over again as if posting them often enough will somehow make them more important than they are. Yes, local supporters of the GOP in New England did some phone jamming and got caught. It was wrong, they were punished, and should have been. And I have said that, time and time again. But you keep mentioning THE SAME story as if you have brought it up for the first time and as if I have refuse to acknowledge it.

Don't you know how desparate it makes you look? Do you think people here have forgotten you already posted these links a dozen times already? Have you no respect for Cliff's bandwidth?

And at the same time that I acknowledge these events, you have yet to once admit, even though dozens of democrats are rotting in jail right now, the voter fraud you seem to be SO UPSET about.

Bottom line, I've acknowledged the occassional wrong doing of GOP members, you've failed to acknowledge the massive wrongdoing of the DNC.

credibility? I'll let the forum judge.

connecticutFIERO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2006 07:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for connecticutFIEROSend a Private Message to connecticutFIERODirect Link to This Post
Oh it just a few little things right. DO you think it's fair that the head of a state election commission actively co chairs a presidential campaign? I don't care what side you are on, nobody should be allowed to do that. I don't even think you should have a party affiliation to hold that office.

Now as to credibility Todd. You may not like me pointing out your conniving election tricks, but that doesn't make me or the truth either desperate or incredulous. It's you, the one who doesn't address the issue who looks like a fool.

Show me the official National vote fraud by Democrats. Go ahead. Post it like you say.

I can find convicted Republican child molesters and you can find convicted Democratic child molesters. That doesn't change the subject at hand. Congressional, Senatorial, and Presidential election rigging.

The New Hampshire phone rigging scheme very plausibly won John Sununu that Senate seat. And Katherine Harris and Ken Blackwell personally handed the GOP the presidency in two elections. THAT is ****ing shameful. Anything to win right Todd!

Scott-Wa

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2006 09:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Scott-WaClick Here to visit Scott-Wa's HomePageSend a Private Message to Scott-WaDirect Link to This Post

dream on Uranus

In case you forgot exit polling had Kerry as the winner in '04. And despite WIDESREAD Democratic voter fraud that resulted in dozens of jail sentences, the GOP still won by a wide margin.

Dozens of jail sentences for voter fraud? I must have missed most of those...

Here's one http://www.kyivpost.com/nation/24858/ Oh, that's the Ukraine...

Ok, felony charges for slashing tires gets 4 people jail time (Kerry supporters) http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12498215/

Here is an interesting one... no conviction yet.

http://www.bradblog.com/?p=2934 Apparently ANN COULTER lied on a voter registration as to her address in Florida... used her real estate agents address and now claims never to have lived in Florida, so she's also in violation of their homestead exemption on her taxes also since she claims to live in NY, but owns a house in Florida and registered to vote in a different county... wierdness. Could get 5 years... like that's going to happen.

I remember a city fraud issue involving a murder and claims of prostitution (that never got charged), but other than that I don't know of any dozens of convictions for voter fraud. I do remember electronic voting machines counting backwards for Kerry, and noted that the machines with no papertrails were put almost exclusively in demcratic strongholds in Florida like the one that the vote came in exactly at the 77% that equalled the percentage of registered democrats... but the 77% was for Bush.

The weird stuff like the exit polls getting it wrong in every close race... by 6% of more, always the vote was in Bush's favor by that extra 6% bringing him the win by the split... black box voting is a wonderful thing. Things like demanding millions from the independant parties for recounts and then not doing full recounts. Things like getting the supreme court to give the election to Bush while Florida was still recounting in his first election, which it appears he would have lost. Things like republican vote registration drives where people stated they were instructed to lose any democratic registrations they got. But the winners don't go after their own anymore and through legislation after the first Bush election they ensured that there wouldn't be anyway to find fraud with the machines on the second one... just by having no audit process, no papertrail, no access to the programming, and a private company running an election with no oversite that was full of people high up on the donor list for Bush and full of people previously convicted of bid rigging. Full of people that lied through their teeth before congress about the security of their systems and the lack of any previous problems with it.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock