Started on: 07-22-2006 10:36 PM
Replies: 10
Last post by: tutnkmn on 07-24-2006 10:59 PM
Coop9200

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2006 10:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Coop9200Click Here to visit Coop9200's HomePageSend a Private Message to Coop9200Direct Link to This Post
In my spare time, i like to teach myself 3d animation. I use Maya 7 Unlimited, which is a very powerful program, but i am cerainly getting the hang of it. Check out the latest renders from a project i'm working on...

and for fun

feedback is always welcomed

-Coop
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
twofatguys

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 227
Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2006 11:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysDirect Link to This Post
Looks sweet, something I could never do for sure.

Ever tried a car??

Just pulling one out of the air here, how about a Fiero?? (just a randon car name pulled from thousands of possibilities, really )

Brad
FieroRumor

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 348
Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2006 01:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post
Looks nice!

What type of project is it?

Would ya mind if your ship hung out in AugWorld?

[This message has been edited by FieroRumor (edited 07-23-2006).]

Vonov

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2006 01:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for VonovSend a Private Message to VonovDirect Link to This Post
Hey Coop, what does a program like that cost? I've always wondered.
Flamberge

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 89
Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2006 03:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FlambergeSend a Private Message to FlambergeDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Vonov:

Hey Coop, what does a program like that cost? I've always wondered.

Some are very expensive, some are free and not too bad. Try Blender for free. There are others.

Industry standard is 3D Studio Max, Maya Unlimited, and Lightwave. I prefer 3D Studio Max, since it has an intuitive interface, the modifier stack, and Max Scripts. Maya's "hot box" is pretty nice too, as is it's Split Polygon Tool - which is better than Max's. I don't have Blender's URL, but a google search should find it for those less lazy than myself.

Oh yeah, and nice render. (Maybe slightly less on the bump mapping though.)

------------------

Spektrum-87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2006 06:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Spektrum-87GTSend a Private Message to Spektrum-87GTDirect Link to This Post
Maya is a great program, probably the best of the bunch. IIRC, it was used in the latest Star Wars movie extensively(in addition to their proprietary software).

Wait until you get into the animation side of maya... amazing program.
Vonov

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2006 10:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VonovSend a Private Message to VonovDirect Link to This Post
I LOVE 3D artwork, especially aircraft...someday maybe someone will come up with some sort of extrapolation subroutine for gaming and video (CGI) that lets true circles, rings, etc, be drawn without taxing the processor very much so that things like engine cowlings and propeller spinners don't look all blocky when you zoom in on 'em. I don't know enough about it to know what's involved. I do know they're getting close, though...the P-51 Mustangs shown in the aerial battle scene in 3DMark 2000 (I think that's the name of the benchmark test I'm thinking of) are very well modelled in that regard. The drop tanks, the prop spinners, and the canopies are beautifully done.
Coop9200

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2006 11:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Coop9200Click Here to visit Coop9200's HomePageSend a Private Message to Coop9200Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Spektrum-87GT:

Maya is a great program, probably the best of the bunch. IIRC, it was used in the latest Star Wars movie extensively(in addition to their proprietary software).

Wait until you get into the animation side of maya... amazing program.

yea i've done some animations, just doing another project now...i'll get some more renders when i finish this one.

-Coop
tutnkmn

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 65
Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2006 11:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tutnkmnSend a Private Message to tutnkmnDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroRumor:

Coop9200: Nice little ship, well made - good job! FieroRumor: Now, is that a cat door in that TARDIS?

[This message has been edited by tutnkmn (edited 07-23-2006).]

FieroRumor

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 348
Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2006 12:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post
Heh, I kinda messed up the scale on that. Yeah, It DOES kinda seem like it's a cat door.

tutnkmn

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 65
Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2006 10:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tutnkmnSend a Private Message to tutnkmnDirect Link to This Post
Transdimensional cat door, get a patent quick
PFF
System Bot

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock