Started on: 07-20-2006 08:40 AM
Replies: 7
Last post by: Taijiguy on 07-20-2006 06:56 PM
LoW_KeY

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2006 08:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LoW_KeYSend a Private Message to LoW_KeYDirect Link to This Post
Ok this gets me people pay some damn high rates in Michigan. I was going to go with esurance and told my agent that, but heard a lot of bad things and I'd rather deal with the place person to person if an incident happens. I email my agent back home and he gives me this. I know esurance would've been 135 for both, but I see they upped it some to about 160'ish so from what he quoted below I can't complain. It sure beats paying 220/month! then $30 on top for renters insurance.

I know I went to another allstate agent and talk about giving me the run around! and I've noticed they aren't around anymore least the guy back home gives me the info straight up.

you request me to quote you thru our new auto insurance company, I should be able to save you some money.... I cant just run it, you have to request it (allstate's rules) But I think it would be a whole lot closer to the 135/ month (if you keep comp on the Bonneville, it would most likely run about 160 / month.... Without comp on the Bonneville..about 137 / month) but again, you have to request a new quote thru AP&C (our new company) and sign a form

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
jstricker

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 370
Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2006 08:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jstrickerSend a Private Message to jstrickerDirect Link to This Post
Insurance companies use as one of their most important criteria a credit score and report. It seems that people with bad credit have an inordinately high amount of claims, on average. Before they can run your credit report, they have to have a valid reason and that would be a request from you for a rate quote. The Fair Credit Reporting Act has a lot of really sharp teeth in it and insurance agents and agencies, which also have licenses on the line, really want to try to keep things on the up and up.

John Stricker

Originally posted by LoW_KeY:

Ok this gets me people pay some damn high rates in Michigan. I was going to go with esurance and told my agent that, but heard a lot of bad things and I'd rather deal with the place person to person if an incident happens. I email my agent back home and he gives me this. I know esurance would've been 135 for both, but I see they upped it some to about 160'ish so from what he quoted below I can't complain. It sure beats paying 220/month! then $30 on top for renters insurance.

I know I went to another allstate agent and talk about giving me the run around! and I've noticed they aren't around anymore least the guy back home gives me the info straight up.

Deabionni

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2006 08:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DeabionniSend a Private Message to DeabionniDirect Link to This Post

you request me to quote you thru our new auto insurance company, I should be able to save you some money.... I cant just run it, you have to request it (allstate's rules) But I think it would be a whole lot closer to the 135/ month (if you keep comp on the Bonneville, it would most likely run about 160 / month.... Without comp on the Bonneville..about 137 / month) but again, you have to request a new quote thru AP&C (our new company) and sign a form

That's weird. I know that every company has different rules, but I work at an office for an independent agency here in Michigan; and we represent nine different auto companies. Any one of our insureds, at any time, can call us up, and ask us check our companies to make sure that they are receiving the most competitive price.
LoW_KeY

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2006 09:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LoW_KeYSend a Private Message to LoW_KeYDirect Link to This Post
maybe its cause I'm currently with them? still they should let you know you can lower rates by signing a piece of paper. I know my credit score is something like 750'ish now so hopefully that lowers it a chunk.

that throws my dad for a loop he doesn't think it's right to charge people upon their credit score.

update got an email he said it'd save me 500 a year. I don't drive the fiero yearly so that's a plus. I guess I'll be sticking with them although their age thing is a bit weird.. 25 no tickets and my discount is 13 bucks.

[This message has been edited by LoW_KeY (edited 07-20-2006).]

buddycraigg

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 478
Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2006 04:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for buddycraiggSend a Private Message to buddycraiggDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by LoW_KeY:
25 no tickets and my discount is 13 bucks.

32 or 33 is the magic number for the discount
Scurvy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2006 06:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ScurvySend a Private Message to ScurvyDirect Link to This Post
Progressive.com will give you other insurance company rates.

I like goign through companies direct, agents to me are useless. If you get into an accident the most your agent will do for you is call and report the claim to your company. They aren't claims reps so they are powerless to help you. If you know the game and the coverages and such there's no need for an agent. My parents had statefarm when I was in my accident, the agent did nothing except give them a hard time when trying to move me off the policy after I moved out.

If you know your policy, just cut out the middle man, he's just there to make sure you get the right coverages.
Hulk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2006 06:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HulkSend a Private Message to HulkDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Scurvy:

Progressive.com will give you other insurance company rates.

Progressive can pound sand. I called them up asking for a quote from them, State Farm, Farm Bureau and USAA(who I'm currently with), then got those quotes directly from those companies, and Progressive quoted considerably more for those other companies than the actual companies quoted. With USAA, Pro quoted FIVE times what I currently pay.

According to Pro, they were the SECOND least expensive company, but after I called everyone myself, Pro was BY FAR the MOST expensive.

And I know that being a current customer of USAA my rates are different than if I were to start a new policy with them now, but not FIVE TIMES more!

Besides, USAA has handled three claims for me, and they've been so good to me that I wouldn't change for any drop in rates. I would recommend them to everyone, except I think you have to be a Vet to join.

------------------
86 Fiero GT
-Stage eleventy billion...(pieces, that is!)

04 Mustang Cobra
-K&N FIPK
-DiabloSport Performance Tune

Taijiguy

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 244
Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2006 06:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TaijiguySend a Private Message to TaijiguyDirect Link to This Post
I hadn't heard of USAA before. I tried to check my eligibility online, but their website is a piece of crap. Was asking for my seperation date, and no matter what format I entered it, it kept coming back saying to enter a valid date. I thought Sept 28 1987 was a valid date. I guess the known universe skipped that date....

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock