Started on: 07-19-2006 05:10 PM
Replies: 164
Last post by: fierobear on 07-28-2006 02:28 PM
Wolfhound

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 113
Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2006 09:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WolfhoundClick Here to visit Wolfhound's HomePageSend a Private Message to WolfhoundDirect Link to This Post
Bear , Would you mind pointing out the swipe at bush in Neptunes post?
He,s not even mentioned.
Must have been an " If the shoe fits thing" right?
IP: Logged
Toddster

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 503
Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2006 01:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by aceman:
Ummmm, I'm going to take serious offense to that.....

I may only have an AA degree and appear to be a dumb grunt, but..................

WHAT'S THAT GOT TO DO WITH ONE'S INTELLECTUAL ABILITY?????

I may not have that BA sheepskin on my wall, but I guess I can always hang the IQ Test results on the wall?!??!??! I was tested 25 years ago at a score of 185 with a genius level scale being anything over 160.

Now, Toddster, while I may agree with many of your viewpoints and politicis, you have no frikken idea about what you're talking about and YOUR intellect is grossly failing in trying to compare a military award to a frikken Bachelor's Degree!

No offense intended. But Bill and Wolfie are determined to do what they do best, stir up trouble.

They, not me, were the ones putting down Bush's Master's Degree as if it was easily obtained. I beg to differ. They made a big fuss about what it takes to earn a CIB (Combat Infantryman's Badge). Well, it take a pulse basically. No special skill involved. That is not a put dowm it is just reality. Now if they were talking about a Congressional Medal of Honor, that would be one thing but to stand there and tell me that a CIB is something difficult to earn, I'm 42 and I could earn one tomorrow by running down to my local recuiting station. A University degree actually requires years of study, and even then there is no guarnatee that you will get it.

What is inaccurate about this position?

finally, no disrespect but 185? Einstein had a 160 IQ. I question the TYPE of exam used to test you.

Toddster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2006 01:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterDirect Link to This Post

Toddster

20871 posts
Member since May 2001

Originally posted by NEPTUNE:

I'm quoting FOX "news" here, because thats the only thing some members believe.
[QUOTE] Wednesday, July 26, 2006

STORIES
White House Press Secretary Tony Snow Apologizes for 'Murder' Stem Cell Comment

Schwarzenegger Lends $150 Million to State Studies on Embryonic Stem Cells

House Sustains Bush's Veto of Stem Cell Bill

BRUSSELS, Belgium — The European Union decided Monday to continue funding human embryonic stem cell research, although new rules adopted by the 25-nation bloc prevent human cloning and destroying embryos.

The funding will come from the EU's $65 billion research budget for 2007-2013, when the new rules expire.

Poland, Austria, Malta, Slovakia and Lithuania voted against the updated rules for "ethical and moral" reasons, they said. Germany and Italy backed the proposal after initially wavering.

Financing from EU funds is "subject to very tight ethical rules and procedures," Finnish Trade and Industry Minister Mauri Pekkarinen said.

During the past seven years, nine research projects into human embryonic stem cells have been financed with EU funds. The EU did not disclose the costs.

EU Science Commissioner Janez Potocnik said that throughout 2013, less than $38 million would be spent on research projects.

The EU funding will be released under conditions that include a ban on research aimed at human cloning for reproductive purposes and studies intended to modify the "genetic heritage" of human beings.

In a concession to some mostly Roman Catholic countries, EU money also will not be used to finance research activities that destroy embryos.

President Bush rejected legislation Wednesday that could have multiplied the federal money going into embryonic stem cell research, using the first veto of his presidency to block a bill he said "would have supported the taking of innocent human life in the hope of finding medical benefits for others."

Bush's veto of the stem-cell bill was sustained by the House of Representatives.

Embryonic stem cells are able to transform into all the cell types found in the body. If scientists could control those cells and coax them into becoming specific types on demand, they potentially could grow replacements for damaged tissue.

Opponents object because scientists take those cells from a 5-day-old embryo, killing it.

"The United States lags far behind Europe when it comes to stem cell research because they face so many obstacles," Stephen Minger, stem cell expert at King's College in London, said, citing a more liberal environment in Europe.

We in the USA are becoming like the charachters in a cheap novel : LEFT BEHIND.
Thanks, Dubyah.

All of this from someone who doesn't even know what a Stem Cell is....
aceman

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 203
Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2006 02:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for acemanSend a Private Message to acemanDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Toddster:

No offense intended. But Bill and Wolfie are determined to do what they do best, stir up trouble.

They, not me, were the ones putting down Bush's Master's Degree as if it was easily obtained. I beg to differ. They made a big fuss about what it takes to earn a CIB (Combat Infantryman's Badge). Well, it take a pulse basically. No special skill involved. That is not a put dowm it is just reality. Now if they were talking about a Congressional Medal of Honor, that would be one thing but to stand there and tell me that a CIB is something difficult to earn, I'm 42 and I could earn one tomorrow by running down to my local recuiting station. A University degree actually requires years of study, and even then there is no guarnatee that you will get it.

What is inaccurate about this position?

finally, no disrespect but 185? Einstein had a 160 IQ. I question the TYPE of exam used to test you.

Ummm,
a) No, a CMH is given out for Valor and Heroism. You need no special skills to get a CMH. Remember, there is a fine line between heroism and stupidity. A CIB is given to all infantrymen in combat. Now, the skilled ones wear it daily. The dumb ones wear it posthumously. It either many years of skill or many years of luck to be an outstanding infantryman.

b) There are so many IQ tests out there. The tests and the score levels change every generation. I'm sorry, I haven't been a card carrying member of MENSA for about the last 24 out of 25 years for me to show you my card. Most sites will tell you that Einstein's IQ level wasn't all that high. But go ahead and question my IQ. I suppose I can get another MENSA Society card again. That and 50 cents may get me a cup of coffee.

A CMH or CIB is an award. A college degree is a diploma. Award and Diploma aren't synonyms!
connecticutFIERO

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 224
Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2006 02:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for connecticutFIEROSend a Private Message to connecticutFIERODirect Link to This Post
I don't want to interrupt you two in your IQ and awards pissing match, but I do have a question. Aceman if you are so smart, then why do you still support the administration and the war after all that's been revealed over the past 3 years. Putting the political BS aside, you should know that this whole mess has been put through the truth mill and spat out. Either you are actively cheer leading because of personal and financial reasons like Todd, who doesn't want to see Republicans lose power, or you just don't want to admit these people used you, my good friends that were sent there, and the whole country. Which is it? I know you had to be the guy who kept spirits up and feed the troops the propaganda when you were in Iraq, because of your position in the military. But why now?

[This message has been edited by connecticutFIERO (edited 07-27-2006).]

aceman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2006 02:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for acemanSend a Private Message to acemanDirect Link to This Post
Because I knew 3-4 years ago that if we had not invaded Iraq and ousted Saddam, that we'd be there now or a couple years from now and we'd have a worse problem with a safe haven for terrorists.

The root of our problem now is that we didn't carry out Afghanistan and Iraq like Israel is dealing with Hezzbola now.
connecticutFIERO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2006 02:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for connecticutFIEROSend a Private Message to connecticutFIERODirect Link to This Post

Because I knew 3-4 years ago that if we had not invaded Iraq and ousted Saddam, that we'd be there now or a couple years from now and we'd have a worse problem with a safe haven for terrorists.

The root of our problem now is that we didn't carry out Afghanistan and Iraq like Israel is dealing with Hezzbola now.

Afghanistan wasn't finished when our grand leader decided to pull resources away and enter Iraq. If he was smart he would have finished with Afghanistan and caught Bin Laden (redeployed resources hampered that mission), and THEN he would have had much more time to lobby for support of an Iraqi regime change.

If it turned out that after a few years the world still didn't support regime change, and there were still no WMD shwing up, what's the worst that could have happened? Nothing. He obvisouly didn't have stockpiles of WMD to use, and there is no proof he was actively working to create them.

So what did we accomplish? No stable middle east. No removed threat. Hostile international opinion of the US. 2600 dead US soldiers. 50-100 dead Iraqi's everyday. We created a chaotic atmosphere that is leading that country into a civil war . In many respects it alreadyis a civil war.

But I digress. I like your honesty, but I still disagree. Iraq was not a terror haven then, and to say it would have become one is a statement of opinion not fact. The fact is that Iraq was not friendly to muslim extremists BEFORE we invaded. Only NOW is it a terror haven. We did that. So don't say it was bound to happen, it was our actions that led Iraq to t his place, not destiny.

aceman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2006 02:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for acemanSend a Private Message to acemanDirect Link to This Post
Did I say ANYTHING about WMD??? I stated safe haven for terrorist.
connecticutFIERO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2006 03:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for connecticutFIEROSend a Private Message to connecticutFIERODirect Link to This Post

Did I say ANYTHING about WMD??? I stated safe haven for terrorist.

I know, read my post. That's a bunk case for war. Iraq may have had some terrorist elements against Iran, and they supported some terror elements against Israel, but they didn't support terror against the west. There is absolutely no proof of that. All signs point the fact that Saddam crushed fundamentalism in Iraq at every chance he could. Care to counter that? That's no case for an all out ground and air war. It's absurd.

aceman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2006 03:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for acemanSend a Private Message to acemanDirect Link to This Post
Okay answer these simple questions:

a) If I have nothing to hide, why deny inspectors into my facilities? Why delay them when I allow them into the facility?

b) If I'm a terrorist and was kicked out of my safe haven, where would I go next?

c) If I've just been attacked and I have some idiot spouting off his mouth and stirring up trouble, why wouldn't I directly address that issue?

That have not found any real WMD as of today. A) it was a plausible reason to pull the regime change off. B) What are you doubters of WMD going to say when the are uncovered in Iraq or Syria (See question a))
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2006 03:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post
Everything I've seen suggests conn is right in that Saddam tried to crush fundamentalism IN IRAQ. But he also provided at least monetary support for terrorist organizations that attacked American and any of our allies interests. Even in case of offering bounties and rewards to families of suicide bombers.

But Saddam did run a secular government, not a fundamentalist one. That's one of the reasons we supported him against Iran back in the '80's.
PFF
System Bot
Toddster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2006 03:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterDirect Link to This Post

Ummm,
a) No, a CMH is given out for Valor and Heroism. You need no special skills to get a CMH. Remember, there is a fine line between heroism and stupidity. A CIB is given to all infantrymen in combat. Now, the skilled ones wear it daily. The dumb ones wear it posthumously. It either many years of skill or many years of luck to be an outstanding infantryman.

b) There are so many IQ tests out there. The tests and the score levels change every generation. I'm sorry, I haven't been a card carrying member of MENSA for about the last 24 out of 25 years for me to show you my card. Most sites will tell you that Einstein's IQ level wasn't all that high. But go ahead and question my IQ. I suppose I can get another MENSA Society card again. That and 50 cents may get me a cup of coffee.

A CMH or CIB is an award. A college degree is a diploma. Award and Diploma aren't synonyms!

Ace, you obviously didn't read my first post very well now you have CLEARLY misread my second.

Perhaps you should just read them again.
connecticutFIERO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2006 03:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for connecticutFIEROSend a Private Message to connecticutFIERODirect Link to This Post

Okay answer these simple questions:

a) If I have nothing to hide, why deny inspectors into my facilities? Why delay them when I allow them into the facility?

http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/03/21/iraq.weapons/

From the UN inspectors own words.

"Blix said he had not been able to say definitively that Iraq had no such weapons, but added that he felt history has shown he was not wrong.

"At least we didn't fall into the trap that the U.S. and the U.K. did in asserting that they existed," he said.

ElBaradei faulted Iraq for "the opaque nature of that Saddam Hussein regime."

"We should not forget that," he said. "For a couple of months, their cooperation was not by any way transparent, for whatever reason."

ElBaradei said he hoped the past year's events have taught world leaders a valuable lesson.

"We learned from Iraq that an inspection takes time, that we should be patient, that an inspection can, in fact, work.""

In other words. Sure it may be true that Saddam's regime was resistant. But that alone did not mean they had WMD. Regardless of that, even if they DID have WMD, they weren't attacking us and had no intention to do so, even after a decade of sanctions.

b) If I'm a terrorist and was kicked out of my safe haven, where would I go next?

I might go to Syria. Or I might go to Somalia. Heck I can be proven to be IN Pakistan RIGHT NOW. But then we opened a new door, that door was named Iraq. It was closed until we invaded.

c) If I've just been attacked and I have some idiot spouting off his mouth and stirring up trouble, why wouldn't I directly address that issue?

Nations are not children playing in a school yard. If I WAS a kid I might punch the other kid running his mouth in the nose. But if I am a nation, I probably let the harmless little Iraqi nation rant. Who cares what Saddam had to say. His actions are what count. It wasn't Iraq that attacked us, they just were happy to see it happen, just as all those Muslims that cheered in the streets of New Jersey did on 911.

That have not found any real WMD as of today. A) it was a plausible reason to pull the regime change off. B) What are you doubters of WMD going to say when the are uncovered in Iraq or Syria (See question a))

It isn't gonna happen. I won;t allow you to use an escape hatch in this conversation. It's been widely covered already, and anybody with a brain knows it didn't happen. How long will you perpetuate this myth, we are three years into this fight and still you cling to the lies as a last chance of being proved right.. Guess what guy, you lose, and the world loses. Well Iran wins though don't they, now they have a strategic partner in the middle east once we leave.

aceman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2006 04:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for acemanSend a Private Message to acemanDirect Link to This Post

Ace, you obviously didn't read my first post very well now you have CLEARLY misread my second.

Perhaps you should just read them again.

No Toddster, I've read and reread your post. You aren't even comparing apples to oranges. You're comparing apples to socks. You have NO UNDERSTANDING about military awards. Now, if you compared graduating from Ranger school to you graduating from college, I might understand that comparison. So might everyone else.

Anyways Toddster, just for food for thought.....

I personally know and served with the only living Silver Star awardee (The Silver Star is just one step below the CMH) from Operations in Iraq: PFC Church. To be very honest, PFC Church is not a real bright lightbulb. Nor was PFC Church considered an outstanding Soldier. PFC Church could drive a truck and that was about it. Intelligence didn't help him get that Silver Star. Guts, doing the right thing, caring and a bit of "stupidity" got him that Silver Star.

[This message has been edited by aceman (edited 07-27-2006).]

Toddster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2006 04:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterDirect Link to This Post

No Toddster, I've read and reread your post. You aren't even comparing apples to oranges. You're comparing apples to socks. You have NO UNDERSTANDING about military awards. Now, if you compared graduating from Ranger school to you graduating from college, I might understand that comparison. So might everyone else.

Anyways Toddster, just for food for thought.....

I personally know and served with the only living Silver Star awardee (The Silver Star is just one step below the CMH) from Operations in Iraq: PFC Church. To be very honest, PFC Church is not a real bright lightbulb. Nor was PFC Church considered an outstanding Soldier. PFC Church could drive a truck and that was about it. Intelligence didn't help him get that Silver Star. Guts, doing the right thing, caring and a bit of "stupidity" got him that Silver Star.

Uh boy. I'm doing neither. That 185 IQ of yours does not seem to be kicking in today. READ 'EM AGAIN. Everyone else seems to have gathered the meaning of my post what in your comprehension problem?

I am not the one who campared college degrees to the military. That would be the idiot who's post I replied to. Sheesh. And as for not knowing jack about military, my grandfather stormed UTAH beach, won a bronze star, earned 3 purple hearts, and a dozen campaign badged. His brother, Uncle Joe, wasa marine who serve in the pacific and was at guadalcanal and Okinawa. My brother-in-law did two tours in Afghanistan, and my wife's cousin is currently in Iraq. So shut up about what you THINK you know. READ my posts this time or be quiet.
connecticutFIERO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2006 04:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for connecticutFIEROSend a Private Message to connecticutFIERODirect Link to This Post

Uh boy. I'm doing neither. That 185 IQ of yours does not seem to be kicking in today. READ 'EM AGAIN. Everyone else seems to have gathered the meaning of my post what in your comprehension problem?

I am not the one who campared college degrees to the military. That would be the idiot who's post I replied to. Sheesh. And as for not knowing jack about military, my grandfather stormed UTAH beach, won a bronze star, earned 3 purple hearts, and a dozen campaign badged. His brother, Uncle Joe, wasa marine who serve in the pacific and was at guadalcanal and Okinawa. My brother-in-law did two tours in Afghanistan, and my wife's cousin is currently in Iraq. So shut up about what you THINK you know. READ my posts this time or be quiet.

My grandfather protected our waters during WWII in the coast guard, he also stormed the island beaches of the pacific during WWII. My father guarded West Berlin during the occupation. My grandfather on my mothers side was in the army during WWII. And according to my grandfather my ancestors fought in the civil war on the side of the union. So what do I get for that? Nothing just like you deserve no respect either Todd. YOU didn't serve, don't hitch a ride on the service of others. It makes you look REEEAAAALLLLYYY bad. Almost as if you had no class, at all.
aceman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2006 04:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for acemanSend a Private Message to acemanDirect Link to This Post

Well since they donj't just give them out, yes. I worked 5 long years serving pizza, writing spreadsheets for Coca-Cola, and getting 4 hours of sleep everynight to put myslef through one fo the toughest universites in the country.

My sheepskin was just as hard earned as any CIB. and it makes me credible in my field of study just as it does for Fastback and anyone else.

FYI, 75% of the incoming students in my freshman class never graduated. I don't know what the ratio is for Fastback's school but ANY college degree requires effort and just getting all the way through is an achievement in itself.

This post???? Hmmmm, looks like you're comparing a DIPLOMA to an AWARD. Apples to socks comparison.

BTW, the reasons for only 25% graduating.....
a) took a 5-6 year plan instead of a 4 year plan
b) dropped out after finding a good paying job or career
c) transferred to another college
d) couldn't afford it after awhile

A very low percentage fail out.
84Bill

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 461
User Banned

Report this Post07-27-2006 05:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillDirect Link to This Post
My great uncle frank was a US Army tank commander in egypt until he was blown out the top by a gernman shell. My uncle george was a US Airforce B24 Liberator flight engineer and few "special ops" missions dropping counterfit money and propaganda leaflets. Another uncle served in the first airborn division, stormed the beaches in normandy, chilled out in the arden forest. yet another uncle recently retired as a US Army general, My father was a truck driver in the US Army and served his time in Frankfurt Germany about 20 miles from the wall. I worked several years for an ex marine that fought at guadal canal and a few other places I can even spell, I cried like a baby when I learned he died.

So Todd.

What does all this entitle me to?

How about the diploma I recieved from the US Army Logistics School in Ft. Eustis Va... What does that entitle me to?
aceman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2006 05:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for acemanSend a Private Message to acemanDirect Link to This Post
I don't "think" you don't know what the Hell you're talking about. I KNOW you don't know what the Hell you're talking about. I don't care if your entire family was in the military, YOU don't understand it until YOU have served. I may think I know real estate because I've bought and sold 5 houses, but I don't because I'm not a Real Estate Agent. If I have never been to college, I can't spout off about college life.
Voytek

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2006 05:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VoytekSend a Private Message to VoytekDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Scott-Wa:

I think that's just rude. Being a Catholic was a strike AGAINST Kennedy getting elected, he was the first and only Catholic ever elected even though 25% of the population is Catholic. How old are you Voytek and what personal knowledge do you have of Kennedy's religous convictions?

How devout Kennedy or Kerry are is something YOU can decide? Kerry didn't run as a Catholic who was going to install church doctrine on secular America, neither did Kennedy.

Just to bring something interesting to the table...

http://www.adherents.com/adh_presidents.html

I don't think so.
Look at statistics.
Even during the last election it was said that Kerry wanted the Catholic vote because it is huge. It was more than 25% last time (I can't remember the exact number) and it was most definitely more during Kennedy's time.

Regardless, the point isn't exact percentages of population: the question is whate percentage of the *voters* is of a particular religion.
The number thrown around at last elections was vastly greater than your 25%.
I also heard a comment on Fox that no president has a chance being elected without obtaining most of the Catholic vote.
Kerry knew what he was doing by proclaiming his Catholicism buy they saw right through him.

If you consider sleeping around or supporting abortion to be acceptable, then that is your choice.
The Catholic church doesn't support either.
You can't be a devout *anything* unless you believe in the basic rules and principles and follow them.

I don't decide who is devout and who is not; their own behaviour shows how devout they are.
Toddster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2006 05:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterDirect Link to This Post

This post???? Hmmmm, looks like you're comparing a DIPLOMA to an AWARD. Apples to socks comparison.

BTW, the reasons for only 25% graduating.....
a) took a 5-6 year plan instead of a 4 year plan
b) dropped out after finding a good paying job or career
c) transferred to another college
d) couldn't afford it after awhile

A very low percentage fail out.

NOW read the post it is in reply to...do I have to hold your hand threw this entire exercise. Can't you jsut say, "Oops, I misunderstood your post, my bad" and move on?

For the record, the idiot in question said that George Bush did not earn his Masters Degree from Yale.
This same idiot said in another thread that a CIB was harder to get. So in THIS thread I said that a college degree is harder to get because all you need to do to get a CIB is to join the military and go where you are told. A degree requires years of hard work and dedication.
I then said that if he wanted to impress me that he would have to show me his CMH, which is MUCH harder to get because you have to go BEYOND what is required of you to get it.

And btw, the issue wasn't one of "Failing out" it was "is a college degree easy to get"? For a guy who is smarter tha Einstein you seem to have a lot of problems with comprehension:

A) 5-6 year plan has nothing to do with when a freshman class entered. Also, ACT measure drop out rates over 5 years, not 4. But you'ld know that...having a 185 IQ and all.
B) people who drop out to find a "good paying job or career"? know many of them do we? In fact, 29.3% of students dropped out in 1987, the year I graduated from Ga. Tech., not many found a "good paying job or career". http://www.act.org/news/releases/1998/04-01-98.html
C) only 28.3% transfered on average. And many of those didn't graduate in the end either. http://www.aacu-edu.org/transfer/student_mobility/whatdoweknow.cfm
D) Reasons are irrelevent. The question was "Is a college degree easy to get". And the answer is NO. I worked three jobs to be able to afford it and STILL left with $30,000 in debt. But that must have been easier than getting a CIB...right?

PFF
System Bot
aceman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2006 05:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for acemanSend a Private Message to acemanDirect Link to This Post
No, I have problems trying to draw out and comprehend what you're point is through the political crap that it's wrapped in. You pontificate and never really say anything straight. You're arguments are like a shotgun.....You shoot and hope that something that scatters out of the barrel hits.

I'm a moderate Republican, but I now know you are one of the many Republicans that DO NOT and WILL NOT speak for me and my section of the Republican party.

84Bill

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-27-2006 05:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillDirect Link to This Post
Well I had a 6 year hitch with another two IRR and I still owe everything that I am to the US Army... As a matter of fact you owe alot to it as well.

And the answer is NO. I worked three jobs to be able to afford it and STILL left with $30,000 in debt. But that must have been easier than getting a CIB...right?

Toddster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2006 05:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by connecticutFIERO:
My grandfather protected our waters during WWII in the coast guard, he also stormed the island beaches of the pacific during WWII. My father guarded West Berlin during the occupation. My grandfather on my mothers side was in the army during WWII. And according to my grandfather my ancestors fought in the civil war on the side of the union. So what do I get for that? Nothing just like you deserve no respect either Todd. YOU didn't serve, don't hitch a ride on the service of others. It makes you look REEEAAAALLLLYYY bad. Almost as if you had no class, at all.

Shut up Conn, For soneone who has never held a rifle before you sure do shoot off your mouth a lot, ACE is the one who started bragging about knowing some guy with a Silver Star as if that gave him some sort of special insight into how hard it is to get a College Degree. I simply corrected his error.

This is NOT a political discussion so why are you jumping all over me? Do YOU think a college degree is an easy thing to get too?

Amazing how all these 185 IQ high school dropouts are the ones telling me how easy it is to get a degree.

[This message has been edited by Toddster (edited 07-27-2006).]

Taijiguy

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 244
Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2006 05:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TaijiguySend a Private Message to TaijiguyDirect Link to This Post
Yeah yeah yeah, blame it on the Army.
Toddster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2006 05:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterDirect Link to This Post

No, I have problems trying to draw out comprehend what you're point is through the political crap that it's wrapped in. You pontificate and never really say anything straight. You're arguments are like a shotgun.....You shoot and hope that something that scatters out of the barrel hits.

I'm a moderate Republican, but I now know you are one of the many Republicans that DO NOT and WILL NOT speak for me and my section of the Republican party.

Really? Do tell, what do I believe in? And when did I ever say I wanted to speak on your behalf in the first place? Stop inviting yourself to parties you haven't been asked to come to Ace.

My point was on topic, COLLEGE DEGREES ARE HARD TO GET.. it doesn't get more simple than that, you were the one running all over creation talking about your silver star buddy and 185 IQ.
aceman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2006 05:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for acemanSend a Private Message to acemanDirect Link to This Post

Shut up Conn, For soneone who has never held a rifle before you sure do shot off your mouth a lot, ACE is the one who started bragging about knowing some guy with a Silver Star as if that gave him some sort of special insight into how hard it is to get a College Degree. I simply corrected his error.

This is NOT a political discussion so why are you jumping all over me? Do YOU think a college degree is an easy thing to get too?

Amazing how all these 185 IQ high school dropouts are the ones telling me how easy it is to get a degree.

Dipsh!t!, I have an AA in Criminal Justice Studies. I have 95 semester credits in pursuit of a Poli Sci/Criminal Justice/Spanish Bachelors triple major. Now, I don't know how hard it is to get a college degree????? It's taken me 17 years to get 30 of those semester hours because I work fulltime to 80 plus hours a week.

aceman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2006 05:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for acemanSend a Private Message to acemanDirect Link to This Post

aceman

4899 posts
Member since Feb 2003
Gawd, I'm going to do something I didn't think possible.....I'm agreeing with 84Bill........

You are a friggin idiot!
Toddster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2006 05:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterDirect Link to This Post

Dipsh!t!, I have an AA in Criminal Justice Studies. I have 95 semester credits in pursuit of a Poli Sci/Criminal Justice/Spanish Bachelors triple major. Now, I don't know how hard it is to get a college degree????? It's taken me 17 years to get 30 of those semester hours because I work fulltime to 80 plus hours a week.

THEN WHY DO YOU DISAGREE WITH ME?

R--E--A--D the damn posts before commenting on them you schmuck!

Calling me a dipshit?

I'll make it easy for you ace, Repeat after me, "A College Degree is harder to get than a CIB"

[This message has been edited by Toddster (edited 07-27-2006).]

aceman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2006 05:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for acemanSend a Private Message to acemanDirect Link to This Post
Because you're comparing apples to socks.....

I don't EARN and work for a CIB or CMH or Silver Star or even a Bronze Star. I'm AWARDED those for acts I performed. I EARN some awards live a Good Conduct Medal, but not those above. Now, I would EARN and work towards an Expert Infantry Badge and if in combat, I would be AWARDED the COMBAT Infantry Badge.

Now the only apple to apple comparison you can make to a Bachelors Degree and a CIB is that they can be meaningless to some people and some instances.

When I get my Bachelors Degree in Criminal Justice, both that and my Combat Action Badge are meaningless to a business I'll own after retiring from the Army. Both don't do me a damn bit a good when I'm sucking sh!t out of a septic tank or port-a-john.

NEPTUNE

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 288
Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2006 06:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NEPTUNESend a Private Message to NEPTUNEDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Voytek:

I don't think so.
Look at statistics.
Even during the last election it was said that Kerry wanted the Catholic vote because it is huge. It was more than 25% last time (I can't remember the exact number) and it was most definitely more during Kennedy's time.

Regardless, the point isn't exact percentages of population: the question is whate percentage of the *voters* is of a particular religion.
The number thrown around at last elections was vastly greater than your 25%.
I also heard a comment on Fox that no president has a chance being elected without obtaining most of the Catholic vote.
Kerry knew what he was doing by proclaiming his Catholicism buy they saw right through him.

If you consider sleeping around or supporting abortion to be acceptable, then that is your choice.
The Catholic church doesn't support either.
You can't be a devout *anything* unless you believe in the basic rules and principles and follow them.

I don't decide who is devout and who is not; their own behaviour shows how devout they are.

That's not the point.
Both John F Kennedy and John F Kerry pledged to govern the USA for ALL Citizens,
repeat ALL CITIZENS!
NOT just the ones who happen to belong to the same church.
Those of us (apparently 60%) who belong to a different (or no) church are outraged at his behavior and quite rightly so in my opinion.
As I said earlier, the presidential oath of office I quoted above does not mention anywhere that the USA is only for borned agin Christians.
PFF
System Bot
connecticutFIERO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2006 06:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for connecticutFIEROSend a Private Message to connecticutFIERODirect Link to This Post

Shut up Conn, For soneone who has never held a rifle before you sure do shoot off your mouth a lot, ACE is the one who started bragging about knowing some guy with a Silver Star as if that gave him some sort of special insight into how hard it is to get a College Degree. I simply corrected his error.

I've shot a few guns in my time on earth. One of which was an antique 58 caliber black powder ball rifle. You had to load it down the barrell. The thing is Todd, I don't like it when people ride on the backs of other peoples accomplishments. That's the only reason I made a remark. It's a public forum and you made an assinine statement. Hence my rsponse.

And no I don't think working your way through college is easy. It's hard as hell. Being PUT through college by your parents is easy.

jstricker

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 370
Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2006 06:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jstrickerSend a Private Message to jstrickerDirect Link to This Post
I hear this a lot.

George Bush took the same oath of office. Because you don't happen to agree with his moral stance on things, you SAY he hates Americans. Yet you hold JFK, a very devout Catholic, and I AM old enough to remember those days, as a shining example? Yep, he sure was looking out for ALL Americans when he selected Johnson as his VP, in the classic cigar filled back rooms of convention politics. Yep, he sure was looking after our national interests when he authorized the Bay of Pigs. Yep, he sure was looking out for our interests when he started sending troops to Viet Nam, something Johnson escalated over and over again and it took Nixon, for all of his many faults, to get us out of there.

Come on, Neptune, you're smarter than this. You've been around long enough to know that hindsight is 20/20 and we can all go back to any President's term and make them look like heroes or dunces with such clarity.

You don't like Bush. Fine. We get it. That does NOT = Bush hating Americans.

John Stricker

Originally posted by NEPTUNE:

That's not the point.
Both John F Kennedy and John F Kerry pledged to govern the USA for ALL Citizens,
repeat ALL CITIZENS!
NOT just the ones who happen to belong to the same church.
Those of us (apparently 60%) who belong to a different (or no) church are outraged at his behavior and quite rightly so in my opinion.
As I said earlier, the presidential oath of office I quoted above does not mention anywhere that the USA is only for borned agin Christians.

84Bill

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-27-2006 06:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillDirect Link to This Post
Be careful ace, he and his balonie cronies will accuse you of being repeatitive and hard headed.
Whatever you do don't say you dont care because you will then be called an anti semite.... or something stupid like that.

Remeber.

Todd is always right and everyone who disagrees is wrong.

Because you're comparing apples to socks.....

I don't EARN and work for a CIB or CMH or Silver Star or even a Bronze Star. I'm AWARDED those for acts I performed. I EARN some awards live a Good Conduct Medal, but not those above. Now, I would EARN and work towards an Expert Infantry Badge and if in combat, I would be AWARDED the COMBAT Infantry Badge.

Now the only apple to apple comparison you can make to a Bachelors Degree and a CIB is that they can be meaningless to some people and some instances.

When I get my Bachelors Degree in Criminal Justice, both that and my Combat Action Badge are meaningless to a business I'll own after retiring from the Army. Both don't do me a damn bit a good when I'm sucking sh!t out of a septic tank or port-a-john.

84Bill

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-28-2006 07:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillDirect Link to This Post
But that does not mean he cares about Americans either.

If a president doesn't care then what does that say about his attitude toward them?

Originally posted by jstricker:

John Stricker

jstricker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2006 08:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jstrickerSend a Private Message to jstrickerDirect Link to This Post
And you KNOW that he doesn't care HOW? You've had long talks with him over a cup of coffee and he's explained his positions to you on this subject?

Get off your high horse, Bill. Your way isn't the only way.

John Stricker

Originally posted by 84Bill:

But that does not mean he cares about Americans either.

If a president doesn't care then what does that say about his attitude toward them?

84Bill

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-28-2006 08:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillDirect Link to This Post

Get off your high horse, Bill. Your way isn't the only way.

WOAHHHH!! WOAHHH Horsey Woahhhh!!!

Okay....Is your way the only way?

And you KNOW that he doesn't care HOW?

I don't know for sure. No more than you can say or prove otherwise.

You've had long talks with him over a cup of coffee and he's explained his positions to you on this subject?

John Stricker

Nope... cant say as I have... How about you John?

[This message has been edited by 84Bill (edited 07-28-2006).]

jstricker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2006 08:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jstrickerSend a Private Message to jstrickerDirect Link to This Post

WOAHHHH!! WOAHHH Horsey Woahhhh!!!

Okay....Is your way the only way?

Certainly not. I didn't agree with a lot of what the Clinton administration did and wanted to do, but I didn't leap to the conclusion that because we had a difference of opinion on what was good for the US that they automatically "hated Americans". We just have honest differences of opinion. Who knows, I might even be wrong on some things. It's happened before and things have worked out better, or worse, than I thought they might. That doesn't mean those I disagreed with "didn't care" or "hate americans".

Agreed. But I'm not the one saying that the President "doesn't care" and "hates Americans". You guys are the ones that are jumping to conclusions, I'm just willing to give him the benefit of the doubt on his intentions, just like I did Clinton, Reagan, Ford, Carter, Nixon, Johnson, etc.

Nope, I haven't, but I'm not the one making wild assumptions that he hates Americans. You guys are.

John Stricker
84Bill

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-28-2006 08:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillDirect Link to This Post
Lets try this again.

I FEEL
That George Bush does not care about Americans.

Reasons
1. Inflation is running rampent and it is getting dificult for me to keep up with it and make a "decent living"
a. Because my company will not give me a raise and my outgo is rapidly and daily out pacing my income.

George Bush says it's not his fault my compnay does not give me a raise. Okay.. I agree with that.

2. People on fixed incomes are having a hard time keeping up with inflation
a. Because their incomes are fixed.

George bush says it isn't his fault inflation is rising but Okay.. here is a small COL increase for you folks on the dole.

So my company doesn't care about me and George Bush doesn't really care about me either.

Right or wrong thats how I feel and it would appear to be fact... in my own "twisted mind."

Fact is it's not just my mind this exists in because it's my daily life. Many will agree, life is getting harder and harder and no one in government seems to care.

John Stricker

84Bill

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-28-2006 09:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillDirect Link to This Post

84Bill

21085 posts
Member since Apr 2001

Certainly not. I didn't agree with a lot of what the Clinton administration did and wanted to do, but I didn't leap to the conclusion that because we had a difference of opinion on what was good for the US that they automatically "hated Americans". We just have honest differences of opinion. Who knows, I might even be wrong on some things. It's happened before and things have worked out better, or worse, than I thought they might. That doesn't mean those I disagreed with "didn't care" or "hate americans".

Right... our opinions differ.
No problems... FOR YOU.
Problems FOR ME.

Thanks for caring about my problems.

Agreed. But I'm not the one saying that the President "doesn't care" and "hates Americans". You guys are the ones that are jumping to conclusions, I'm just willing to give him the benefit of the doubt on his intentions, just like I did Clinton, Reagan, Ford, Carter, Nixon, Johnson, etc.

I'm willing to give him the benefit of doubt as well... I just "doubt" he cares. And it's not just some unfounded leap to judgement but a fact that it's getting harder and harde to make a living and I havent seen any reaction by "the powers that be" to change it.

Nope, I haven't, but I'm not the one making wild assumptions that he hates Americans. You guys are.

John Stricker

I'm not "assuming" either.
Are you are assuming that I am making this up out of some pie in the sky wild idea? I'm telling you how I "feel" and I feel that George Bush doesn't care about me and many other Americans. I havent seen him make any kind of "adjustemnts" to the current trend of rampently rising infaltion, how it is adversly affecting ME and many other Americans or even acknowledge these facts that myself and other Americans who ARE experiencing it first hand... for real... every day.. for a fact.

If anything George touts how great things are for American and Americans... How strong the economy is..

I guess if I made two hundred thousand dollars a year or more (like he does) and had extra cash at the end of the week every week I could very easily say the same thing.. But the fact is I make 10% of that and have no extra cash and believe 90% of what he says about the economy is bullcrap.

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock