Started on: 07-15-2006 09:42 AM
Replies: 14
Last post by: Cheever3000 on 07-18-2006 09:23 PM
Gecko

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2006 09:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GeckoSend a Private Message to GeckoDirect Link to This Post
Ok, I have been in the hospital since Wednesday morning. Apparently I have/had A-Fib or Atriel Fibrillation. I believe I have actually had this for quite some time, however I am just not really a go to the hospital kinda guy. Plus the last time I came to this hospital (was for dental) my fiero broke. When I left I went to start it heard some really weird breaking noises and later found out the transmission had broke in half. Ummm no idea why/what ...dont ask lol. So I wasn't in a hurry to come here again with another Fiero lol.

Well even though I had my laptop brought to me, there isn't any wireless access available. So today I decided to just use my cell phone even though I hate trying to type or do anything internet related on that thing. A few hours later it finally dawned on me that I had some dialup access available since I signed up with Earthlink DSL at home. Well I managed to connect my laptop that way so that I could check emails, and browse the forum. 56k is horrible but better then no access.

I also looked out the window and thought to myself " hmmm I wonder if it would be to much to ask family to park my fiero where I can see it, just so I can occasionally admire it" lol

As far as the medical stuff goes, I am 34yrs old, and was told that I really shouldn't have this problem at my age. They did all kinds of test and finally did some jump start type thingy for my heart to get it beating normally. The doctor has a great attitude so I told him if the problem comes up again I will just use the jumper cables from my car. I should be fine now, they said its back to the way its supposed to be, they are just going to give me some blood thinner , some medication and keep an eye on me while (probably release me on Monday or Tuesday) I just lay here and browse the internet and watch movies/chat with the cuter nurses. The nicest one is off til monday or tuesday, hopefully I will get to see her again before I leave.

They have some little box attached to me to monitor my heart rate. I wonder if they have figured out that it goes up alot depending on which nurse comes in the room hahahaha.
------------------
------------------

"what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul"

[This message has been edited by Gecko (edited 07-15-2006).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2006 09:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post
Damn man, that's rough. Listen to the doc, you are paying him for some educated advice, do what he says. Leave the nurses alone and take it easy on that Fiero. Get well soon.

------------------
Ron
Freedom isn't Free, it's paid for with the blood and dreams of those that have gone before us.
My imagination is the only limiting factor to my Fiero. Well, there is that money issue.

under8ted

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
User Banned

Report this Post07-15-2006 10:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for under8tedSend a Private Message to under8tedDirect Link to This Post
Take care dude......I have an extrasystola (never could spell that). My heart will stop for about 3 beats than make up for lost time by doing about 20 real quick. I've learned to live with it. Doc says its "normal" and not serious and doesnt require intervention.......

Um, excuse me--but when you feel your heart stop---thats serious in my books.

I'm not gonna give any crap about quit smoking, drinking, sugar, sex, and everything else fun. Just live for today and enjoy your life. Dont worry about tommorow. Figgure that out out when it gets here.
FieroRumor

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 348
Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2006 01:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post
Damn man, that's not cool.

We're all gettin' too old too fast...

Time for us all to slow doen a bit, and live a bit "heathier".

Maybe we can have some sorta health contest here...

*looks at his belly*

Toddster

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 503
Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2006 02:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterDirect Link to This Post
A friend of mine dropped dead at 49 from an undiagnosed heart condition. Visit the doctor regulalry, keep the weight down, sleep 8 hours, and don't stress. Life is too short as it is.

Good luck and get well.
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2006 03:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post

Hey, you'll be fine... But how are the damn lizards doing??!!! Priorities man, priorities...

Seriously though, hope you're well soon!
Gecko

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2006 05:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GeckoSend a Private Message to GeckoDirect Link to This Post
thanks everyone.

Originally posted by under8ted:
I'm not gonna give any crap about quit smoking, drinking, sugar, sex, and everything else fun. Just live for today and enjoy your life. .

I don't smoke, don't drink as often as I want to, have plenty of sugar, could always use some more sex and everything else fun. lol

The lizards are fine because they get food(mealworms) that stays alive in the tank for days, and I also gave instructions to family to keep their water fresh and to check on the food supply as well.

------------------
------------------

"what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul"

[This message has been edited by Gecko (edited 07-15-2006).]

Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2006 02:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Gecko:

The lizards are fine because they get food (mealworms) that stays alive in the tank for days, and I also gave instructions to family to keep their water fresh and to check on the food supply as well.

Good, I'd hate to see the little guys going hungry.

Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2006 10:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post
Gecko,
Take care of yourself, man!

I don't know you, but I certainly wish you the best.

------------------
Raydar
88 4.9 Formula IMSA Fasback..........................88 3.4 coupe................................................

Read Nealz Nuze! Praise the Lowered!

litespd

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 176
Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2006 12:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for litespdSend a Private Message to litespdDirect Link to This Post
Gecko, my wife has had atrial fibrillation problems since her heart attack a couple of years ago. She went about a year after the heart attack with no problems...then suddenly, they started. Some people can't tell when they go into atrial fib, others can...she is in the second group. The first few times, she had to go to the hospital for medication and observation...usually, a cardizem drip would take care of it, but it might be several hours before she converted back to normal sinus rhythm. Atrial fib is a serious problem...your heart starts beating quickly, and irratically...basically, it just sits there and "quivers". The problem is, when it does this, it doesn't pump the blood efficiently, and it can pool in the heart and throughout the body, forming blood clots. Over time, they have gotten my wife's medication down to where the episodes are few and far between...but when she does have one, she carries cardizem pills with her so that she can just take one herself, and then rest so that she can convert back to normal sinus rhythm.

There are also surgical procedures that can be done, but it involves killing off part of the heart muscle, or at least, in her case it would have, and I have a hard time seeing how doing exactly what a heart attack does can be a "cure". So far, she agrees with me, and has held off on the surgery, since she's able to control it with medication. But it might be something that she has to consider down the road.

Anyway, my point was that your atrial fib can most likely be controlled with medication, and while it is a serious problem and can be life threatening, it is something you can survive very easily, and you can live a normal life.
Gecko

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2006 03:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GeckoSend a Private Message to GeckoDirect Link to This Post
thanks for the positive wishes, and thanks Litespd for that info. Its good to know.

The cardiologist told me yesterday that everything was fine now and I would just be on the blood thinners and that he didn't want to get me started on the drugs now because it wasn't neccessary. He said I probably wouldn't be here Monday

They don't actually let you rest here because every few hours they want to come in and check vitals or give you something, plus I have a roommate who is in much worse shape then me, and always has some machine beeping if he moves at all. (thankfully I had my headphones brought along with my laptop). They let that machine beep for a good 5-10mins before they come in and fix it, only to have it go off again within 30mins.

Well the cardiologist just left now and said at some point my heartbeat did go up and he is going to put me on some drugs afterall. (just not the ones he talked about yesterday). and that now I may be here til late tuesday. When he saw the unhappy look on my face he said that if they get the drugs started today then maybe I could be out in 24hrs.

Its getting to me a little now because the way I feel hasn't really changed since I got here on Wednesday. I only came in on Wednesday because I finally had the time. I just have had so many other things to do. I don't feel sick, or bad or anything. I could probably run around the block if there was a reason too LOL. So I don't see what it matters if I a sitting here, or sitting at home. I know they are "monitoring me", but the whole time they are doing so, I don't feel any changes what so ever. Even when they did the machine to jump start my heart, whatever they give you makes you NOT remember the procedure. Hmmmm did they really do anything? Sugar pill? I was finally allowed to shower today after having to personally ask the doctor for permission. He told me that I could if I was assisted (and I thought to myself ummm ok whos working this shift) lol. Anyways I took the shower myself and didn't fall down or pass out or whatever (the same as I have showered any other time). End of Rant.

The upside to being here Monday is I think the nicest nurse comes back then, and she is so pleasant and nice to talk to that it makes the time here not so bad.

wonder if I can order a screwdriver from the cafeteria LOL
------------------
------------------

[This message has been edited by Gecko (edited 07-16-2006).]

PFF
System Bot
Gecko

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2006 05:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GeckoSend a Private Message to GeckoDirect Link to This Post
Well I am back home, and I went to fill the perscriptions I was given.

Warfarin- blood thinner 5MG 30 Tablets. $20.39 for the generic, ok I can handle that.

Rythmol 15MG -heart medicine 1 month supply, I can't read how many tablets it is. $141.29 for the generic.

Being I am out of work that is going to be a bit tough to come up with. I know people will say ask family, and they already know about it, but being out of work already has me in debt to them, plus whatever I owe on my own, especially with the recent fiero repairs.

Well $160 a month is $40 a week, so I suppose I will figure something out. It's just annoying that they have to charge so much for this stuff.
litespd

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 176
Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2006 05:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for litespdSend a Private Message to litespdDirect Link to This Post
Gecko, check with your cardiologist. Explain that you are out of work, and cannot afford the Rythmol. He might be able to supply you with some samples...very often, the drug companies supply physicians with free samples for their patients to try. Or, he might be able to direct you to an organization that can help you with the purchase price. Once you explain your situation, there may be other avenues open to you. But don't just "do without" because you can't afford it. You can't afford NOT to take the medication....

[This message has been edited by litespd (edited 07-18-2006).]

Gecko

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2006 06:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GeckoSend a Private Message to GeckoDirect Link to This Post
Edited: My aunt paid for the prescriptions and I have them now.

[This message has been edited by Gecko (edited 07-18-2006).]

Cheever3000

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2006 09:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Direct Link to This Post

...fixed, just waiting to go home

I thought this was going to be about a vasectomy.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock