Started on: 07-14-2006 03:14 PM
Replies: 25
Last post by: Boondawg on 07-15-2006 02:30 PM
Boondawg

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post07-14-2006 03:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post
I got the inside track on a 1998 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4.
What they look like:

It has 70,000 miles on it, in pristeen condition, never been off road or work truck, with all maintenance records.
Runs & drives like new, higher-end soundsystem, aftermarket rims & tires, Rhino-lined, & fog lights.
Not a single rock mark on the undercarrage or a blemish on the body or interior.
The older guy can't get around too good and just can't get in & out of it anymore.
Having known me for many years, he'll give it to me for $5,000 grand cash.
It's not like i'm a truck freak, but it is a very good deal.

So, I ask my credit card for a $5,000 dollar loan.
Not enough revolving credit.
Denied.

So I talk to the bank I got the wifes & mother-in-laws cars through.
No collateral.
Denied.

All I have ever done is take care of the people who need me, make sure they have a good, stable place to live, everything they need for a nice, trouble free life, while all the time going to the same job for 21 years.
But I'm not worth $5,000 dollars.
I have a personal income of $33,000 a year & a household income of $57,000 a year, but I'm not worth $5,000 dollars.

It's not like I want to take the money to a strip club, I'm just trying to get away from the 20+ year old junkers I have been beating back & fourth to work all my life. I just want something dependable that I don't have to worry about in these 8 month winters.

It's not like I'm trying to get something cool, like a Corvette or a Supercar. I could really care less about a good looking 4 wheel drive truck. It's all about the good deal & dependability.

The women in my life really wants this for me. They love me very much and say I deserve this and more. But there's nothing they can do, as they are mostly dependent on my income, for their survival.
But I'm still not worth $5,000 dollars.

All my life, I never made any friends based on the fact that if I ever needed any money in the future, I could tap them for it. The people I do know that own houses, cars, boats, snowmachines, etc, the very same people who espouse what a great, dependable, stable person I am, the same people who call me anytime they need help building something, something moved, or something fixed, for FREE, all of a sudden have no means to help me get this money.
Aparently, I'm not the things they value me for.
I'm just not worth the risk of $5,000 dollars.

Now, I never thought I was worth anything like $20,000 dollars.
But I gotta tell ya, I DID think I was worth $5,000!
Just on the fact that I go to work everyday for the last 21 years, always pay my bills, and your basic good guy.
And for some strange reason, I was SHOCKED to find out that's not how the world works!
I'm such an idiot sometimes.

So, I got 5 days to come up with the money.
But being out of options, I can tell ya, it ain't gonna happen.
It's too bad really, as this deal could have removed some worry from my life.
But it did teach me something.
It's all illusion.

What IS the value of a Man?

Will I keep chugging along?
Ofcourse.
I'll keep patching & replacing the junk I got, just like i have always done.
I'll keep going the extra mile at work.
I'll keep helping people when they need it, and being dependable.
I'll still smile and be lighthearted.
And I will make sure my family has everything they need for a nice life.

But even with ALL that, I'm still not worth $5,000 dollars.

[This message has been edited by Boondawg (edited 07-14-2006).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2006 03:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post
Welcome to the world I face everyday, having said that, if you want the truck, see if the current owner will work out a payment plan for you.

------------------
Ron
Freedom isn't Free, it's paid for with the blood and dreams of those that have gone before us.
My imagination is the only limiting factor to my Fiero. Well, there is that money issue.

Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-14-2006 03:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blackrams:

see if the current owner will work out a payment plan for you.

He needs the cash to get his new, old-dude friendly car.

Phranc

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 243
User Banned

Report this Post07-14-2006 03:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhrancSend a Private Message to PhrancDirect Link to This Post
Loan shark?
LZeitgeist

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 126
Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2006 03:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LZeitgeistSend a Private Message to LZeitgeistDirect Link to This Post
What is your home that you have worth? That home you keep over the heads of everyone in it? $50K? $75K? $100K? $125K? $150K?

You say the ones you live with depend on your income - what is the cost of each of those if they weren't able to depend on you and had to do it themselves? $15K each? $20K each? $25K each? $30K each?

I dunno - being Master and Commander of not only your home but also all the people living in it under your hard work and care says to me you're worth a helluva lot more than $5000. And what you do and what you provide is worth a helluva lot more than just the dollar values attached to them.
------------------
Patrick W. Heinske -- LZeitgeist@aol.com
1988 Red Fiero Formula Convertible
*Desktop Photo Here*

[This message has been edited by LZeitgeist (edited 07-14-2006).]

Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-14-2006 03:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by LZeitgeist:

What is your home that you have worth? That home you keep over the heads of everyone in it? $50K? $75K? $100K? $125K? $150K?

I rent.
$1,400 a month.

You say the ones you live with depend on your income - what is the cost of each of those if they weren't able to depend on you and had to do it themselves? $15K each? $20K each? $25K each? $30K each?

Beats me.

I dunno - being Master and Commander of not only your home but also all the people living in it under your hard work and care says to me you're worth a helluva lot more than $5000. And what you do and what you provide is worth a helluva lot more than just the dollar values attached to them.

Not according to the people who hold all the cards.

Deabionni

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2006 03:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DeabionniSend a Private Message to DeabionniDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boondawg:

So I talk to the bank I got the wifes & mother-in-laws cars through.
No collateral.
Denied.

Can't they just use the truck as collateral?
ryan.hess

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 319
Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2006 03:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ryan.hessSend a Private Message to ryan.hessDirect Link to This Post
LZeitgeist

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 126
Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2006 03:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LZeitgeistSend a Private Message to LZeitgeistDirect Link to This Post

Not according to the people who hold all the cards.

What you've got, money can't buy.
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2006 04:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Deabionni:

That would be my thought, too.

Kelley Blue Book says it's worth about $8000. That's with no options. They sure shouldn't have any issues with loaning you $5k.
Did you tell them it was for an auto loan? Or did you just tell them you needed $5000 for "stuff".

www.kbb.com

Edit - I was going to link the info, but it won't let me. You'll have to enter it yourself.

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 07-14-2006).]

FrugalFiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 77
Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2006 04:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FrugalFieroDirect Link to This Post
Not owning a home is an automatic strike against you when you want to borrow money, but with your income you should have no problem getting a $5000 loan on a truck. You must have some other strike against your credit that you aren't aware of or aren't revealing.

Tim
PFF
System Bot
Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-14-2006 05:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Deabionni:

They said something about if the guy who owns it would come down with me to the bank with all his paperwork they would bluebook it, then have him sign it over to them, cut him a check, then they would sell it to me.
Something like that.

But he don't want to go through all that trouble when he can just sell it outright easily, for cash.
After all, he's doing me favor & cutting me a great deal.

Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-14-2006 05:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post

Boondawg

38235 posts
Member since Jun 2003

Originally posted by Raydar:

Did you tell them it was for an auto loan? Or did you just tell them you needed $5000 for "stuff".

I told them the whole story.

Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-14-2006 05:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post

Boondawg

38235 posts
Member since Jun 2003

Originally posted by FrugalFiero:
You must have some other strike against your credit that you aren't aware of

It's that I already have 2 active car loans through them already & my bills per month ~vs~ how much I make.

or aren't revealing.

MDFierolvr

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 76
Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2006 05:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MDFierolvrSend a Private Message to MDFierolvrDirect Link to This Post

They said something about if the guy who owns it would come down with me to the bank with all his paperwork they would bluebook it, then have him sign it over to them, cut him a check, then they would sell it to me.
Something like that.

But he don't want to go through all that trouble when he can just sell it outright easily, for cash.
After all, he's doing me favor & cutting me a great deal.

I would try him again. Tell him you really want it, and that in reality it wouldn't be that big of a hassle. Because actually, it doesn't seem like it is. He shows up with paper work, gets a check.
FrugalFiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 77
Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2006 05:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FrugalFieroDirect Link to This Post

It's that I already have 2 active car loans through them already & my bills per month ~vs~ how much I make.

AHA! The nix on the loan is beginning to make more sense now...
Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-14-2006 05:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post

AHA! The nix on the loan is beginning to make more sense now...

rodmcneill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2006 06:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rodmcneillSend a Private Message to rodmcneillDirect Link to This Post
Maybe you could make some extra money by taking pics. of your naughty parts and posting them on the internet. "Old Horny Women With Lots Of Money And No Husband" is a site that comes to mind.

Seriously, it looks like a great truck-deal and I hope you can get it, we need another picture of you smiling with your new teeth!
84fierotrevor

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 351
Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2006 07:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fierotrevorSend a Private Message to 84fierotrevorDirect Link to This Post
Boondawg, do you have aol instant messeneger? I would like to pm you on this subject but am on a sidekick and can't see any small buttons do to the browser
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2006 08:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post
Did you show them the right picture?
Kekipi

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 65
Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2006 09:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KekipiSend a Private Message to KekipiDirect Link to This Post
I run my business like that, never fun money only money for bills and to fix up the cars I'm trying to sell that I wont get as much as I got in them. and I'm in the same boat. Child support will accept 2000.00 on a 40,000.00 dept. if I came up with cash in a week or so, 2600.00 if I make payments and Man do I want them off my back. Many years ago I saw a 10 year old honda CB 750 F like two of my friends had and for 750.00 I had to have it having rode one of them at Yosemite. I told My, at the time temporary boss that I had to have it, he handed me all of it and took payments from my paycheck. I would go to my boss and tell him or her how it is. 5000 is a steel for that PU. Mike
PFF
System Bot
under8ted

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
User Banned

Report this Post07-15-2006 12:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for under8tedSend a Private Message to under8tedDirect Link to This Post

I rent.
$1,400 a month.
------------------

YOU, my friend, had best hope your landlord is wearing a condom---because you are getting it stuck to you big time.

I rent too......750 a month for the house which includes a very large garage, a 1'000 square foot shop/storage out back, and about 9 acres to do as i please with.

The barn costs 500 a month, and that gets 9 stalls, 3 winter paddocks and 8 summer ones of grass for the horses--plus the barn above and something like 300 acres/9 miles of private trails. All the firewood or wild friuts iI want are free.

1400 for an apartment??--thats just nuts---sheeeeetttttt, thats toronto prices.

Deabionni

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2006 09:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DeabionniSend a Private Message to DeabionniDirect Link to This Post

That'll do it every time.

You're debt to income ratio has to be below a certain percentage (usually about 35%), or you'll be declined for the loan.
isthiswhereiputausername?

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 155
Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2006 09:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for isthiswhereiputausername?Send a Private Message to isthiswhereiputausername?Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by under8ted:

I rent.
$1,400 a month.

Rent in PEI is anywhere from $800 - $1800 a month for a clean duplex..

Supply+ demand = Cost of rentals..

under8ted

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
User Banned

Report this Post07-15-2006 10:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for under8tedSend a Private Message to under8tedDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by isthiswhereiputausername?:

Rent in PEI is anywhere from $800 - $1800 a month for a clean duplex..

Supply+ demand = Cost of rentals..

Yup--so move 30 minutes outside of the demand, and you can live like a king on a paupers budget.
Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-15-2006 02:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by under8ted:

YOU, my friend, had best hope your landlord is wearing a condom---because you are getting it stuck to you big time.

1400 for an apartment??--thats just nuts---sheeeeetttttt, thats toronto prices.

That's how it is around here.
A 1 bedroom dump costs $500 a month.
2 bedrooms are about $800.
I got a 4 bedroom ranch house, 2 full bathrooms, 2 driveways, 3 entries, 2 decks, washer/dryer and all utillities paid for $1,400.
That's about normal around here.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock