Started on: 07-14-2006 05:03 AM
Replies: 5
Last post by: MDFierolvr on 07-14-2006 12:21 PM
FieroFanaticus2

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 59
Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2006 05:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFanaticus2Send a Private Message to FieroFanaticus2Direct Link to This Post
--topic should have read marriage proposal --

So I've been getting hints from my girl about how she would like to get proposed to, better put, I've been sneakily asking her questions on the topic to see what would make a memorable and breathtaking proposal. Though I'm sure she's on to me.

Here's what I've got in mind, but I need a little help finding an arial advertiser that will work with me to make it happen.

She's told me that she always thought the banner behind the airplane was pretty neat, and I know Fall is her Favorite time of year, and she loves the beauty of northern wisconsin, and also loves being out in a big boat.

So here's what I have in mind.....

Up in Bayfield, Wi there's an Aposle Island Cruise service. There's a morning cruise that starts at 10am and ends at 1:30 pm. It travels 55 miles, and goes around all the islands in the Apostle group.
I'm thinking the last day the cruise operates, October 15th.
The ring she wants (yes, I took her looking at a bunch of different places and just LISTENED to what she said), is white gold, with some small emerald cut diamonds going down each side of a larger pink saphire. We actually went to one place that took the time to pretty much put this ring together for her, and I went back later to get it set up on a payment plan. The lady who was working there that day told me to come back in on 8-12-06 because they're having a deal where you get to haggle to price, she told me I could probably get the $2500 ring for around $1200, maybe less if I play the game right (a friend of mine got a $500 watch from the same place during one of these events for $65)
So anyway,
My idea is to be on this cruz with her, ring in my pocket, during a gorgous scene around one of the islands, and have the plane fly over with the banner (banner would say something like, Crystal, you are my world, will you marry me?). If she doesn't notice the plane, I'll tell her to look, then while she's looking, pull the ring out, get down on one knee and wait for her to look back at me. Then see what happens. I would have the 'after proposa;' planned too. If she says yes, there'd be a private charter waiting to take us out to one of the islands to a hotel suite overlooking lake superior for a night or two, if she says no, well, then it's a day in bayfield being depressed and then a 400 mile drive home.

Now, I can get everything set up, everything except the plane. I've looked around on the net, and the places I have found won't do what I'm asking, because it's way out in the middle of nowhere and there's no 'noticable event'. What they'd be looking for is a small cruise ship around a certain area.

So, I'm wondering if anybody here on the forum knows someone with a plane who can do this for me. I'm willing to pay, and pretty nicely, but can't shell out more than $500-$750 for this. I'm not a wealthy man by far, but am willing to put myself in debt to make this happen and to make it as special for her as I possibly can.

Any thoughts, Ideas, Suggestions? I've never done this before, never really even thought of doing this before, but I know I want it to be something special.

[This message has been edited by FieroFanaticus2 (edited 07-14-2006).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
NEPTUNE

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 288
Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2006 05:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NEPTUNESend a Private Message to NEPTUNEDirect Link to This Post
I'm all for romantic gestures, but unless you're incredibly rich and have money to burn, why not just ask her at a nice restaurant?
Then you can take all that money you WOULD have spent on the grand gesture and invest it in a house, or another Fiero or something.
Good luck!
jstricker

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 370
Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2006 07:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jstrickerSend a Private Message to jstrickerDirect Link to This Post
X2

Look, I know that you "want it to be special" and all that stuff, but I really, really don't get the $25,000 weddings and $5,000 propasals and all the other crap. That's money you'll never have again and trust me, you're going to need it at some point. Take her out to a nice restaurant and at some point, get down on one knee and ask her to be your wife, if she'll have you.

I don't think you should "cheap out" on an engagement ring or the wedding (although I'd have liked to, wasted money) but nothing says you have to put yourself in debtors prison for them either. I have a friend who gave his fiance/wife a rock so damn big it really does dominate if she has her hand in plain sight, and not like "oh, wow, what a beautiful diamond!" more like "Oh, man, how can she lift that thing?". If she loves you, she won't care how you propose, or what kind of engagement ring you give her, she'll just be ecstatic to be your wife. If you give her a ring and she says "what, that's all? No airplane banner? No full page newspaper ad" then take what ring you gave her back and run away, very fast.

John Stricker

Originally posted by NEPTUNE:

I'm all for romantic gestures, but unless you're incredibly rich and have money to burn, why not just ask her at a nice restaurant?
Then you can take all that money you WOULD have spent on the grand gesture and invest it in a house, or another Fiero or something.
Good luck!

fierofetish

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 277
User Banned

Report this Post07-14-2006 08:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofetishSend a Private Message to fierofetishDirect Link to This Post
Good advice!! She will be marrying you, not the wedding/ring/proposal/reception bla blah blah.Yes, we are old, but we have been there (me three times !!), and if she condones spending that amount on something which is pretty transient, I would be worrying somewhat about her future expectations in day-to-day life You will have set a precedent for extravagance, albeit because you love her...but it can become a loaded pistol at your head, if you can't maintain that extravagance
Don't mean to put the idea down too much, but it is a lot of money that could be used to make life easier during the years to come.
Good luck anyway!! I saw her picture in the Girls without Fieros' thread..she is very pretty. Errrrrmmmm..what does her Mum look like now?
Nick

Originally posted by jstricker:

X2

Look, I know that you "want it to be special" and all that stuff, but I really, really don't get the $25,000 weddings and $5,000 propasals and all the other crap. That's money you'll never have again and trust me, you're going to need it at some point. Take her out to a nice restaurant and at some point, get down on one knee and ask her to be your wife, if she'll have you.

I don't think you should "cheap out" on an engagement ring or the wedding (although I'd have liked to, wasted money) but nothing says you have to put yourself in debtors prison for them either. I have a friend who gave his fiance/wife a rock so damn big it really does dominate if she has her hand in plain sight, and not like "oh, wow, what a beautiful diamond!" more like "Oh, man, how can she lift that thing?". If she loves you, she won't care how you propose, or what kind of engagement ring you give her, she'll just be ecstatic to be your wife. If you give her a ring and she says "what, that's all? No airplane banner? No full page newspaper ad" then take what ring you gave her back and run away, very fast.

John Stricker

------------------
fierofetish.PFF'S self-confessed Snowbird!!

Growing old is harder than growing up.
Responsibility: the solution for our World's Dilemmas..
Yahoo messenger:nickcannspain
MSN Messenger-nicholascann@hotmail.com

aceman

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 203
Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2006 12:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for acemanSend a Private Message to acemanDirect Link to This Post
If you're looking for a plane/pilot to do this, I can talk to a good buddy that lives in Ashland, WI and see if he can find someone to do this and a price.
MDFierolvr

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 76
Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2006 12:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MDFierolvrSend a Private Message to MDFierolvrDirect Link to This Post
haha. That sounds cool. My current girlfriend said that if I propose with more than a crackerjack box ring at a hot dog stand, that I would be doing something thats over the top for her taste... man I love that girl... haha

[This message has been edited by MDFierolvr (edited 07-14-2006).]

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock