Started on: 07-11-2006 11:03 AM
Replies: 3
Last post by: Tinton on 07-11-2006 04:03 PM
Deabionni

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2006 11:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DeabionniSend a Private Message to DeabionniDirect Link to This Post
You can "test drive" Microsoft's Office 2007 within your web browser. (Needless to say, if you want to try it out; you'll need to open the following link with IE).

http://www.microsoft.com/office/preview/beta/testdrive.mspx
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Wichita

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2006 11:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaDirect Link to This Post
They've been working on that and many other companies for many years. It is called Application Service Provider.

It is that the programs and your files are stored and access remotely from their servers. It is the 1st step in going towards the interactive web/tv/media enviroment. I think many people will gravitate towards that in the future. No more computers, just a thin client accessed to the internet.

FieroRumor

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 348
Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2006 01:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Wichita:

They've been working on that and many other companies for many years. It is called Application Service Provider.

It is that the programs and your files are stored and access remotely from their servers. It is the 1st step in going towards the interactive web/tv/media enviroment. I think many people will gravitate towards that in the future. No more computers, just a thin client accessed to the internet.

Yep, it's goin' full circle again... back to "thin" clients...Just a bit more robust then their earlier versions (dang CSI Terminals!)

I don't mind it, it's not like you will be FORCED to have a "thin" Home PC... this is nice for businesses (but not too nice for techs....less will be needed... but will be easier to support)

Can ya tell I'm conficted?

[This message has been edited by FieroRumor (edited 07-11-2006).]

Tinton

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 295
User Banned

Report this Post07-11-2006 04:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TintonSend a Private Message to TintonDirect Link to This Post
Already tested it out (I actually have Office 2007 beta). It is slow and mostly only has additions to make it look pretty. I don't mind it though, its just the next step.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock