Started on: 07-09-2006 09:03 PM
Replies: 22
Last post by: G-Nasty on 07-13-2006 10:21 PM
proff

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2006 09:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for proffClick Here to visit proff's HomePageSend a Private Message to proffDirect Link to This Post
North Korea braces for 'all-out war'
SEOUL, July 9 (UPI) -- North Korean leader Kim Jong-Il has vowed no compromise in its nuclear program and says he is braced for "all-out war" with the United States.

In his first reported remarks since North Korea test fired seven missiles Wednesday, Kim warned the United States against taking "revenge," South Korea's Yonhap news agency reported Sunday.

Kim called the United States "our arch-enemy," the agency reported, monitoring a broadcast from North Korean state television.

Japan said it would not rule out a preemptive strike if North Korea makes a direct nuclear threat, Japan's NHK television reported.

As tension mounted ahead of a United Nations vote on whether to impose sanctions on Pyongyang, the United States and its allies have intensified a three-year covert operation to cut off all supplies to North Korea's nuclear program, the Times of London reported Sunday.

Few details of the operation are known, the Times said, but two Bush administration officials indicated last year the operation blocked North Korea from getting equipment used to make missile propellant.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Phranc

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 243
User Banned

Report this Post07-09-2006 09:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhrancSend a Private Message to PhrancDirect Link to This Post
I dont see NK as having enough allies to make a war with them a WWIII. Iran however gives more promise in that area.

Did you know NK is stealing the trains that take suplies into it from China?
F-I-E-R-O

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2006 09:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F-I-E-R-OSend a Private Message to F-I-E-R-ODirect Link to This Post
Oh Noooooooooooooo!!! We've done it now! I guess it's time to move to Australia...

------------------

<>Great Fiero & PFF Apparel and Accessories...
<>Custom Fiero Auto Badges or Design Your Own...

proff

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2006 09:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for proffClick Here to visit proff's HomePageSend a Private Message to proffDirect Link to This Post
NO
I DIDN'T KNOW THAT
We have lots of room here

we need more fieros

Originally posted by Phranc:

I dont see NK as having enough allies to make a war with them a WWIII. Iran however gives more promise in that area.

Did you know NK is stealing the trains that take suplies into it from China?

cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2006 10:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by proff:
North Korea braces for 'all-out war......'

North Korea does'nt brace for any thing.
Patrick's Dad

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2006 10:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Patrick's DadClick Here to visit Patrick's Dad's HomePageSend a Private Message to Patrick's DadDirect Link to This Post
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2006 10:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post
I wonder what psycho-Kim's reaction would be if there had been no real reaction from the world. Your whatever-dong missles can't stay up long enough to reach their target. *yawn*
cccharlie

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 65
Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2006 10:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cccharlieSend a Private Message to cccharlieDirect Link to This Post
Communism only works when the populace feels threatened by outsiders.

If Kim Jong Il can't convince the North Koreans that the USA is a threat, his regime will collapse just like the USSR collapsed with the thawing of the cold war.
moleman_in_a_FieroGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2006 11:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for moleman_in_a_FieroGTSend a Private Message to moleman_in_a_FieroGTDirect Link to This Post
From what I heard, the missiles can reach the certain parts of the US, but without a payload. That means no warhead, no nuke. Japan's pretty close, though...

But yeah, NK has few allies, whereas Japan and SK do. It'll be a World-vs-North Korea war.
FieroRumor

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 348
Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2006 11:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post
India jumps into the "Lets test a missile" game...

[This message has been edited by FieroRumor (edited 07-09-2006).]

fierogtowner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2006 01:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtownerSend a Private Message to fierogtownerDirect Link to This Post
Crap! I'm registed for the draft! Seeya I'm gonna grab my sniper rifle and grease a Korean soldiers!!
PFF
System Bot
fierogtowner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2006 02:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtownerSend a Private Message to fierogtownerDirect Link to This Post

fierogtowner

1610 posts
Member since Aug 2005
Oh and guess what, Bush might get a 3rd term in office if the US goes to war if we goto war with Korea.
84Bill

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 461
User Banned

Report this Post07-10-2006 08:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillDirect Link to This Post
"Stay the course"

Originally posted by fierogtowner:

Oh and guess what, Bush might get a 3rd term in office if the US goes to war if we goto war with Korea.

lurker

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 236
Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2006 08:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for lurkerSend a Private Message to lurkerDirect Link to This Post
let's see, we've got an undeclared war in afghanistan, we've got another in iraq, there's been all sorts of talk about going into iran by next spring, now there's korea. meanwhile we have a border problem which might involve the national guard. maybe we should finish one before starting another?
Formula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2006 08:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post

Oh really? Care to enlighten us where you heard that bit of propaganda? You do realize he is Constitutionally prevented from serving another term, right? You do realize it would take an ammendment of the Constitution, ratified by 2/3rds of the states to allow it to happen, right?

There's a greater change of Arnold Schwarzenegger getting elected president, and he's ineligible because he's not a U.S. born citizen.
84Bill

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 461
User Banned

Report this Post07-10-2006 09:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillDirect Link to This Post
Suspension of the Constitution.
How can it happen?
Well.... LAW does take precidence over the Constitution so all that is needed is a "crisis" and a passing vote in congress.... Patriot act got a green light in a similar maner and look at all the violations of civil rights as a result..

Originally posted by Formula88:
Oh really? Care to enlighten us where you heard that bit of propaganda? You do realize he is Constitutionally prevented from serving another term, right? You do realize it would take an ammendment of the Constitution, ratified by 2/3rds of the states to allow it to happen, right?

There's a greater change of Arnold Schwarzenegger getting elected president, and he's ineligible because he's not a U.S. born citizen.

fierogtowner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2006 09:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtownerSend a Private Message to fierogtownerDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Formula88:

The 22nd Amendment of the Constitution, 1947, yes but lets just say another type 9/11 happens just when election times come around, then the president doesn't have to transition?, that's what I heard. I take it I'm wrong when it's in the Constitution, my bad.
fierobear

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 383
Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2006 02:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

The 22nd Amendment of the Constitution, 1947, yes but lets just say another type 9/11 happens just when election times come around, then the president doesn't have to transition?, that's what I heard.

You heard...where?

fierogtowner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2006 07:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtownerSend a Private Message to fierogtownerDirect Link to This Post
It's not relevant or irrelevant lol.

[This message has been edited by fierogtowner (edited 07-13-2006).]

Formula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2006 12:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post

The 22nd Amendment of the Constitution, 1947, yes but lets just say another type 9/11 happens just when election times come around, then the president doesn't have to transition?, that's what I heard. I take it I'm wrong when it's in the Constitution, my bad.

What did you hear? Where did you hear it? I heard Tom Cruise is the messiah, but that doesn't make it so.

Here's the 22nd Amendment:

Amendment XXII - Presidential Term Limits. Ratified 2/27/1951

1. No person shall be elected to the office of the President more than twice, and no person who has held the office of President, or acted as President, for more than two years of a term to which some other person was elected President shall be elected to the office of the President more than once. But this Article shall not apply to any person holding the office of President, when this Article was proposed by the Congress, and shall not prevent any person who may be holding the office of President, or acting as President, during the term within which this Article becomes operative from holding the office of President or acting as President during the remainder of such term.

2. This article shall be inoperative unless it shall have been ratified as an amendment to the Constitution by the legislatures of three-fourths of the several States within seven years from the date of its submission to the States by the Congress.

I'm not seeing anything saying the president doesn't have to transition if there's a crisis.

That's not saying a president might not try to take advantage of a crisis to extend his administration, but I believe that would just about cause a revoltution. I would HOPE that would cause people to revolt.

[This message has been edited by Formula88 (edited 07-13-2006).]

TM_Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2006 03:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TM_FieroSend a Private Message to TM_FieroDirect Link to This Post
I seriously doubt that Bush is looking to start another war. Kim Jong Il makes these obsurd threats on a weekly basis. The US government has got so used to it, that they don't really put much thought into them anymore. I did a one year tour in Korea a few years ago and IMO there will never be an all out war there. The loss of life on the Korean penninsula will simply be to great.
PFF
System Bot
proff

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2006 08:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for proffClick Here to visit proff's HomePageSend a Private Message to proffDirect Link to This Post
Russia is taking North Korea's side

Originally posted by moleman_in_a_FieroGT:

From what I heard, the missiles can reach the certain parts of the US, but without a payload. That means no warhead, no nuke. Japan's pretty close, though...

But yeah, NK has few allies, whereas Japan and SK do. It'll be a World-vs-North Korea war.

G-Nasty

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 225
Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2006 10:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for G-NastyClick Here to visit G-Nasty's HomePageSend a Private Message to G-NastyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by proff:

Russia is taking North Korea's side

They are sick of the U.S. B.S.

OUT>

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock