GMC Typhoon by iced_theater
Started on: 07-07-2006 01:43 AM
Replies: 12
Last post by: typhoon on 07-08-2006 04:47 PM
iced_theater

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2006 01:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for iced_theaterSend a Private Message to iced_theaterDirect Link to This Post
What all do you guy's think of the GMC Typhoon? There is one sitting at a car lot here. I don't know any specifics on it yet though, it's extremely clean on the outside and interior. I'm sure they know what they have, but it would be cool if they thought it was just a Jimmy and sold it as such.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Fiero Thomas

Feedback score:    (170)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 125
Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2006 01:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasDirect Link to This Post
They are awsome. One of my favs. Fast as hell.

------------------
Fiero Thomas
86 Fiero GT
NIFE Member

Zewerr

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2006 02:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ZewerrClick Here to visit Zewerr's HomePageSend a Private Message to ZewerrDirect Link to This Post
How many miles? How much? Picts? Modded?

Might also be in the database.
http://www.sportmachines.com/members/truck.php

------------------

'88 Fiero GT - 3.4L GM Crate engine
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/707857
'91 GMC Syclone - #449
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2067330
'02 Yamaha V-Max - it go fast

[This message has been edited by Zewerr (edited 07-07-2006).]

Derek_85GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2006 02:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Derek_85GTSend a Private Message to Derek_85GTDirect Link to This Post
Typhoons and Syclones are just plain badass

~ Derek
Greg Z

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2006 06:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Greg ZSend a Private Message to Greg ZDirect Link to This Post
BUY IT! you won't be disappointed.

------------------

LoW_KeY

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2006 10:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LoW_KeYSend a Private Message to LoW_KeYDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Greg Z:

what he said! I'd kill to own one but I just can't afford to let 2 vehicles sit when winter hits
DtheC

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2006 11:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DtheCSend a Private Message to DtheCDirect Link to This Post
Not exacty PFF but it's a start.
http://syty.org/ista.html
SyTy.org - I.S.T.A Information
What's with the bad spelling at GM nowadays?
Is this an indication of the level of education of GM exec's?

[This message has been edited by DtheC (edited 07-07-2006).]

Zewerr

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2006 11:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ZewerrClick Here to visit Zewerr's HomePageSend a Private Message to ZewerrDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Greg Z:

Until you realize you have to throw thousands of dollars into it to keep it running, just like a Fiero! I bought my Sy about a year and a half ago with about 73k miles. So far, I've had to replace, tires, shocks, front upper and lower control arm bushings, motormounts (you will threaten to sell the truck or drive it off a cliff if you have to replace these!!!!), intake crossover tube, serp belt, waterpump, upper and lower radiator hoses, thermostat, heater core, heater hoses, turbo cooling hose, idler arm, pitman arm, steering gearbox, steering shaft, plastic but very necessary underbody skid plate, speakers, radio, driver's seat cushion cover, brake pads, rotors, calipers, front wheel speed sensors (ok, those had to be replaced cause I fried them from road racing), spark plugs, wires, cap and rotor, fuel filter, and countless oil changes with full synthetic, plus thousands of gallons of premium! Thank god my transmission is still shifting fine, but that's probably because it got replaced at 50k. They tend to go out every 50-70k miles. Maybe less if you beat the hell out of it and do constant boost launches at stoplights (they are toooo fun!).

[This message has been edited by Zewerr (edited 07-07-2006).]

iced_theater

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2006 01:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for iced_theaterSend a Private Message to iced_theaterDirect Link to This Post
Well I don't have pictures, but it has a 117K miles on it, it's very clean and they're asking $7800. I haven't driven it since I worked a double today. I'll try to tomorrow though.
iced_theater

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2006 02:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for iced_theaterSend a Private Message to iced_theaterDirect Link to This Post

iced_theater

1755 posts
Member since Jun 2003
Well I test drove it, it does have some problems though. The suspension feels like it needs to be completly replaced. The brake, ABS, and check engine lights are all lit. He said it had an aftermarket turbo with adjustable boost, though I don't know how to check that. But it's still very quick. I didn't time it, but I'd say from 0-90mph it couldn't of been more than 11-12 seconds. If I wasn't trying to save for a house, I'd offer less and strongly consider buying it.
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2006 03:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post
My guess is you'd be buying someone else's problems that they got tired of dealing with. Don't get me wrong, if you've got the money to put her back on the road, they are great vehicles. But you'd better be ready to spend some cash.

------------------
Ron
Freedom isn't Free, it's paid for with the blood and dreams of those that have gone before us.
My imagination is the only limiting factor to my Fiero. Well, there is that money issue.

[This message has been edited by blackrams (edited 07-08-2006).]

PFF
System Bot
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2006 04:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by iced_theater:

Well I test drove it, it does have some problems though. The suspension feels like it needs to be completly replaced. The brake, ABS, and check engine lights are all lit. He said it had an aftermarket turbo with adjustable boost, though I don't know how to check that. ...

$7800 is a lot of money for a project truck, which is what this one sounds like.
typhoon

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2006 04:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for typhoonSend a Private Message to typhoonDirect Link to This Post
Zewerr speaks mountains of truth. I owned a 93 Typhoon from 1994 to 1998. I threw piles of money into it including 3 trannys, rear springs, turbo and a mess of piddly junk. They rust like crazy in the north too. The motor is awsome but it just munches trannys if you beat it like I did. But hey, it was fun while it lasted.

------------------
..from beautiful Caledonia, WI
87 GT 5 speed med red
87 GT 5 speed V8 SBC TPI

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock