Started on: 07-04-2006 11:46 PM
Replies: 12
Last post by: FieroRumor on 07-06-2006 12:11 PM
Phranc

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 243
User Banned

Report this Post07-04-2006 11:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhrancSend a Private Message to PhrancDirect Link to This Post
http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums/showthread.php?t=82755

Its a photo essay by some russian dude who took alot of pictures some are realy strange. Poor isn't the word to describe how the citizens are. Its realy sad.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
FieroRumor

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 348
Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2006 12:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post
very sad indeed. Thanks for sharing that link.

[This message has been edited by FieroRumor (edited 07-05-2006).]

Scott-Wa

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2006 01:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Scott-WaClick Here to visit Scott-Wa's HomePageSend a Private Message to Scott-WaDirect Link to This Post
There was a documentary about people sneaking photos and videos out of N. Korea on a week ago... I don't know what I was watching but it was pretty heartbreaking. People getting beaten on the trains for not being able to produce papers, you can be put to death for using a cell phone, that sort of thing.

One interesting thing that makes it different from Afganistan and Iraq... I don't think there is any tribal stuff at all going on, it's just a dictator vs the people. I suspect if you took out that government they would reunify with S. Korea in a heartbeat. The people in general have suffered horribly, I can't say how well the indocrination would hold without the honorable magnanimous beloved great leader (you'll understand that if you know anything about the subject).

http://www.korea-dpr.com/library/103.pdf Note this is a short biography of Kim Jong-il... only 160 pages

Having nukes allows you to stay in power even if your nuts.

[This message has been edited by Scott-Wa (edited 07-05-2006).]

Scott-Wa

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2006 04:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Scott-WaClick Here to visit Scott-Wa's HomePageSend a Private Message to Scott-WaDirect Link to This Post

Scott-Wa

5392 posts
Member since Mar 2002
Undercover in the Secret State is the documentary I saw... it's on CNN right now.
fierogtowner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2006 04:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtownerSend a Private Message to fierogtownerDirect Link to This Post
You're not allowed to take pictures in North Korea?
cccharlie

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 65
Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2006 07:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cccharlieSend a Private Message to cccharlieDirect Link to This Post
Here's what bothers me about North Korea:

China could cut off / invade NK in no time flat. Kim Jong Il's regime couldn't survive as it is without China's support.

China won't cut off NK because the Chinese government likes NK. NK makes China appear modern and even-handed by comparison. NK reminds the Chinese people and the international community that China could be much less liberated.

It appears to me that NK / Kim Jong Il are nothing more than a piece of Chinese propaganda.

[This message has been edited by cccharlie (edited 07-05-2006).]

fierodog

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2006 08:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierodogSend a Private Message to fierodogDirect Link to This Post
And they are building missles that can reach the US?????? WTF
fierogtowner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2006 08:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtownerSend a Private Message to fierogtownerDirect Link to This Post
Yes, NK definitely has suspicious intents. Just think, if they launch at the US North Korea is obliterated off the earth.
sostock

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2006 10:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sostockSend a Private Message to sostockDirect Link to This Post
i wouldn't lose any sleep over north korea. just looking at those pics they won't have anything that can hit the US for years. 40 yr old cars, no traffic lights, black outs. not a country that on the cutting edge of technology.
fierodog

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2006 10:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierodogSend a Private Message to fierodogDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sostock:

i wouldn't lose any sleep over north korea. just looking at those pics they won't have anything that can hit the US for years. 40 yr old cars, no traffic lights, black outs. not a country that on the cutting edge of technology.

That was my point. It looks like they are using thier armed forces to just control the citizens. How are they going to start a war? That would be like taking all the police and sherrifs off the streets to go work in Iraq for a while.
Phranc

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 243
User Banned

Report this Post07-05-2006 10:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhrancSend a Private Message to PhrancDirect Link to This Post
Did you see the pic of the one apartment building with AC and adverts for a new car. Not all of NK is poor many of the scientists and upper ranks of the military are well off. Kim Il spends his money on getting new technologies. His scientists are schooled in places like Iran. The people may be poor but the Gov. isn't, they spend 1/3 of thier GNP on the military. Don't think that Iran and Russia and Pakistane don't offer NK kick backs. NK is one of the biggest counterfiters in the world and its gov. sanctioned. NK is also one of the biggest heroin smugglers in the world again state sanctioned. While they may be a few years from hitting the US with ICBM Japan SK and many other allies are well within the range of thier scuds. NK also has some super silent diesle subs, hard to find and can get realy close to our shores. You dont need ICBM to launch a missle that can hit the US.
PFF
System Bot
sostock

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2006 10:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sostockSend a Private Message to sostockDirect Link to This Post
sorry but the last thing i will ever worry about is a North Korean diesel sub parked off the cost of the US with a nuke warhead. they have what a dozen 10 man subs? they have to come up to snorkel right? would make them pretty easy to track.

i'm not saying the NK isn't bad news and i know they have the motivation. honestly i'm not worried about the countries that say they have nukes, its the ones who don't brag about it that i worry about.
FieroRumor

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 348
Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2006 12:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierogtowner:

Yes, NK definitely has suspicious intents. Just think, if they launch at the US North Korea is obliterated off the earth.

I don't think the whole country is againts the US, it looks like they all just live in fear of their government....I wonder what they would even do if their gov was ripped out...?

Every country has rich government people, but this guy spends some insane amount of money on things like entertainment and alcohol... There was a thing about him on the radio last night...

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock