Started on: 06-29-2006 02:15 AM
Replies: 10
Last post by: Notorio on 07-17-2006 09:33 AM
Synthesis

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 288
Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2006 02:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post
This Movie (Heh, I said File cause I rip all my DVDs to XviD) is 2.5 hours long, and follows the first 2 movies in the Superman Timeline. This assumes that 3 and 4 never happened...

Brandon Routh is perfect for the role....

The film was done quite well... It fit well in with the first ones, and actually, Brandon kept many of the same mannerisms from Christopher Reeve.

It received a Standing ovation in the theater (Which was PACKED for the 10 PM showing).....
The applause did not stop for several minutes.
They kept some humor, added some depth to the characters... Superman is less "Goofy" and more emotional. He has some depth to his persona that really makes him believable, as well as the flight scenes looked very real. None of that Flight on a backdrop appearance.

I highly recommend this movie if you are into Superman at all....

I give this a 5 out of 5 blue dingy thingy award...
TOP NOTCH AND WELL DONE!!!!

[This message has been edited by Synthesis (edited 06-29-2006).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Fieroguy65

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2006 02:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fieroguy65Send a Private Message to Fieroguy65Direct Link to This Post
I was fairly unimpressed with the movie. I saw it in 3D. The effects were great but the storyline was just ok. It most defintely did not move me or make me want to see it again. It wasn't bad...just not good either.

Greg
My7Fieros

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2006 01:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for My7FierosSend a Private Message to My7FierosDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fieroguy65:

I was fairly unimpressed with the movie. I saw it in 3D. The effects were great but the storyline was just ok. It most defintely did not move me or make me want to see it again. It wasn't bad...just not good either.

Greg

I agree. Ive been waiting for this movie for some time (big super hero/comic book hero fan), and was pretty much bored to tears at this flick. Ok Brandon Routh was born to play the man of steel....NO DOUBT THERE! Kate Bosworth was fantastic (I love the 1940s look she had), Spacey was ok as Lex, ect. The special effects were so good that I never found myself "looking" for any screw ups...you just literally believe he's flying. And there were some cool action sequences. But alas, the movie in general was SNOOZE FEST. No "grand battle" at the end, no nothing......it just ended; and thankfully so. The many, many tributes to the original 1978 movie were cool, no doubt; but not enough to save this one from being bore-a-rama.
Sorry, I give it (generously) 2 1/2 stars outta 5.

8Ball

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 162
Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2006 07:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 8BallClick Here to Email 8BallSend a Private Message to 8BallDirect Link to This Post
I absolutly LOVED the movie, and you could not have found a better Lex Luther IMHO.
Brandon Routh looks and sounds like Christopher Reeves, he had the mannerisms down pact, and well I just thought the entire movie was simply stunning.
We were going to go see it in Imax 3D, but once we learned only 20 minutes was in 3D, it was no longer worth double the standard ticket price and the 1 hour drive.

But I highly highly recommend you go see this movie!
I would give it 4.5 stars.
Wichita

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 320
Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2006 07:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaClick Here to Email WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaDirect Link to This Post
I heard it was like the comic book super hero version of "Titanic". Sort of chick flicky.

I don't go to movie theaters anymore. I just wait until it comes out on DVD. So I guess I'll wait a couple of months before I see it.

blackrams

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 223
Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2006 08:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsClick Here to Email blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post
Hmmm, reviews appear to be all over the blue dingy thingy board. Guess I'll have to go see it for myself and not wait till it shows up on American Movie Classics.

------------------
Ron
Freedom isn't Free, it's paid for with the blood and dreams of those that have gone before us.
My imagination is the only limiting factor to my Fiero. Well, there is that money issue.

Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 392
Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2006 03:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post
Take your girlfriend/wife with you so she can explain the plot, just came in from the movie.

How did he get back? I would have rather seen that then snooze while they did the Lois - superman soapopera
fierogtowner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2006 09:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtownerSend a Private Message to fierogtownerDirect Link to This Post
Saw it yesterday, thought it was done well, not overdone. It had it's funny moments. Now I'm gonna go see Pirates of the Caribbean Dead Mans Chest next week.
firstfiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 172
Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2006 06:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for firstfieroClick Here to Email firstfieroSend a Private Message to firstfieroDirect Link to This Post
I love super hero movies...I read the superman comics as a kid so I was pretty pumped to see it. Honestly...It was one of the worst super hero movies I've seen. Not as bad as the hulk ...but bad none the less. The special effects were great but there was no story line that really made you give a crap about his character. I mean spiderman you were interested when he was peter parker...I don't know it just wasn't there. The only reason I didn't walk out is I just kept hoping it would get better. If I had been watching it on dvd I probobly just would have turned it off. Unless your a huge superman fan..I say wait for this one to come out on dvd.
Notorio

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2006 10:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NotorioSend a Private Message to NotorioDirect Link to This Post
Just saw it ... well, I liked the first one better (Christopher Reeve, Gene Hackman,) but this one was OK. IMHO no one can play a better Lex Luthor than Hackman. This movie confirms my long-term beef that Hollywood should hire a few scientists as consultants -- at least some of the more silly goofs could be avoided.

Anyway, a question for all you Superman fans ... who was in the TV series, the Reeves/Hackman film, and now this one?
Notorio

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2006 09:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NotorioSend a Private Message to NotorioDirect Link to This Post
OK, no one wants to know but I'll tell you anyway (also 600th post.)

Noel Neill, AKA Lois Lane. She cameoed as the young LL's mother on the train and the rich women Lex marries in Returns. Ms. Neill goes back to the original 1948 film. File that in your trivia in-box.
PFF
System Bot

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock