Started on: 06-27-2006 10:07 AM
Replies: 7
Last post by: Raydar on 06-29-2006 02:00 PM
Phil

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2006 10:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilSend a Private Message to PhilDirect Link to This Post
I'm sending out some brake rotors so I stopped by my local PO to swipe some free boxes. Lo and behold they have flat rate boxes. The size I got was 12X13X3 and the flat rate is $8.10 REGARDLESS of weight (domestic address only) or destination. Two rotors fit in one box so under $20 to ship 4 rotors, I think that's a very good deal.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Paul Prince

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 110
Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2006 10:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Paul PrinceSend a Private Message to Paul PrinceDirect Link to This Post
Thamks for the info + to you...........Paul
Amethyst

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2006 12:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmethystClick Here to visit Amethyst's HomePageSend a Private Message to AmethystDirect Link to This Post
laugh... you don't have to go to the post office to get those or any of the priority mail boxes... you can order them online, have them delivered to your door within a week... oh.. just so you're prepared, they come in a box with about 25 of them!! (at least the flat rate boxes do) Now what am I going to do with 25 of them? laugh... guess if worse comes to worse I can always wrap presents in them...

------------------

Indyellowgt

Feedback score:    (35)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 70
Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2006 08:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IndyellowgtSend a Private Message to IndyellowgtDirect Link to This Post
LOL!
My wife orders the free USPS boxes all the time!
It really seemds crazy that they'll send them to you for nothing,but they will.
I was thinking of filling those flat rate boxes with pennies,and sending them to anybody just for the hell of it,That's gotta weigh a ton.
Phil

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2006 08:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilSend a Private Message to PhilDirect Link to This Post
They do have a max of 70 lbs.
FieroAngel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2006 12:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroAngelSend a Private Message to FieroAngelDirect Link to This Post
I'll have to remember about that. I had to ship some heads for a fiero out one day and those things fit in a 12x18x10 box but weighed 66lbs LOL I was not allowed to lift anything heavy cause I was pregnant so I had a guy at fedex come out to get the box. He looked at the box and asked "you needed help with that" and started to lift it then realized why I needed help and asked what was in the box. LOL Thanks for the info

Angie
Bradbitz11

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 65
Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2006 10:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Bradbitz11Send a Private Message to Bradbitz11Direct Link to This Post
Hah, my friends and I enjoy sending other friend 50 boxes at a time to their door, especially with "interesting" names on them.

------------------

Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2006 02:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post
Heheheh.

Phil,
Got the brakes today. The postwoman came up to the door to have me sign the receipt.
She said, "I've got two packages and they're really heavy."

When I told her they were brake rotors she said, "Oh well...THAT explains it."

LOL!!

I have a feeling that "flat rate boxes" are way down the list of things that they enjoy delivering.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock