I built a system while on leave by Psychosis39
Started on: 06-18-2006 11:36 AM
Replies: 5
Last post by: Psychosis39 on 06-18-2006 02:51 PM
Psychosis39

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2006 11:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Psychosis39Send a Private Message to Psychosis39Direct Link to This Post
Black all aluminum gigabyte 3daurora case
4 120mm case fans 3 in case 1 in power supply
600w coolmax power supply
abit N18 SLI Nforce mb socket 775
intel pentium 4 D 805 2.66 ghz running at 4.0 ghz
thermal take heat sink fan
2gb xms corsair overclocking ram 667mhz matched pair dual channel
2 74gb wd 10k rpm harddrives on striped raid
xfx 7600 gt xxx video card 590 cor 1.6ghz ram
onboard sound
onboard network card
lite on dvd burner/cd burner

more info about a system built up that mine is similar to is at www.tomshardware.com
these people overclocked a 110 dollar chip to 4.1ghz stable and running game bench marks. I got my at 4ghz at 1.625 voltage running everything stable.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
aceman

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 203
Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2006 11:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for acemanSend a Private Message to acemanDirect Link to This Post
Are you gonna take it back with you? I built 2 systems while I was over there and burned dvds all night long. I went through 500 blank DVDs during my time over there. I had 2 desktops and one laptop burning DVDs simulainously a few times.
Boondawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post06-18-2006 11:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post
Interesting Story There:
A 4.1 GHz Dual Core at $130 - Can it be True?

The bottom line is that the Athlon FX-60 and the Pentium Extreme Edition 965 have both met their match - there's simply no escaping this conclusion! This is bound to cause lamentation among the elite circle of users who've invested big bucks in their high-end systems, if not outright wailing and rending of garments. The basic stats for this insignificant-seeming budget processor read as follows: Pentium D 805 clocked at 2.66 GHz, equipped with two processor cores both with 64 bit support. At your friendly neighborhood retailer you can pick up this secret weapon for pocket change - right now, for example, it's available at newegg.com for just under $130. We were quite amazed as the first performance figures emerged from our test labs: stable operation was possible at 4.1 GHz, and without even the need for substantial boosts to cooling!

http://www.tomshardware.com/2006/05/10/dual_41_ghz_cores/

Thanx!

NOTE: To achieve 4.1GHz out of the Pentium D 805 stock 2.66 GHz, they had to use watercooling.
BUT, they did take the same Pentium D 805 - 2.66 up to 3.8 GHz, ON AIR, using the Zalman CNPS9500:

The bad news, there's no motherboard in the AGP format that will support this project.

[This message has been edited by Boondawg (edited 06-18-2006).]

Psychosis39

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2006 02:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Psychosis39Send a Private Message to Psychosis39Direct Link to This Post
I had mine posting all the way at 4.3ghz but it wouldnt boot into windows without a blue screen. No I have a laptop that i take to and from iraq with an external harddrive full of music. I am 3.8ghz now and will run it at 4.1 once I get back because my case has ports for a water cooling kit. It has holes in the back with rubber stoppers for tubing and that, its a really nice case I recommend it to anyone. It was a real easy install and the cooling is amazing. Its a nice looking case without looking gaudy, I am proud of this system. My videocard came from xfx overclocked, it was the best buy there since I am not a huge gamer and do alot of programming.
I have a screen shot of the post and me in windows with it at 4.0ghz. It ran fine when I was just running alot of programs and that. But when I did stuff at 100% load temps were getting too high so I turned it down from 200mhz fsb to 190mhz and the voltage from 1.62 to 1.5v.

It will be going back with me to ft campbell once I get back in a few months

Boondawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post06-18-2006 02:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Psychosis39:

I am 3.8ghz now and will run it at 4.1 once I get back because my case has ports for a water cooling kit.

What motherboard?

AGP?

EDIT: Whoops, is that the system you are running the Pentium D 805 stock 2.66 GHz at 3.8ghz on air listed in your first post?

[This message has been edited by Boondawg (edited 06-18-2006).]

Psychosis39

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2006 02:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Psychosis39Send a Private Message to Psychosis39Direct Link to This Post
No agp

Abit N18 SLI its a $50 motherboard
Pentium 4 805 is $130
1gb corsair XMS ram $100 matched pair dual channel DDR2 pc5400
You can get a cheap pcie videocard with it..

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock