Started on: 06-18-2006 11:24 AM
Replies: 5
Last post by: zardoz on 06-19-2006 10:36 AM
F-I-E-R-O

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2006 11:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for F-I-E-R-OSend a Private Message to F-I-E-R-ODirect Link to This Post
I was doing some research for a project and found this in my internet travel http://www.museumofbadart.org/

an example of what you can find there...

We're so used to seeing things as we expect to, it's kinda nice to get a perspective that's a little off the wall- I think that helps to keep our minds open to possibilities that might otherwise go unrealized.

------------------

For the latest and coolest Fiero and Pennocks apparel and accessories, please visit Fiero Lives Online

[This message has been edited by F-I-E-R-O (edited 06-18-2006).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
zardoz

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2006 12:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zardozSend a Private Message to zardozDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by F-I-E-R-O:

We're so used to seeing things as we expect to, it's kinda nice to get a perspective that's a little off the wall- I think that helps to keep our minds open to possibilities that might otherwise go unrealized.

I discovered this little known Rembrandt masterpiece as a lithograph in a university library some 25 years ago. It is a portrait of a Mennonite woman from the early 1600's, and of all Rembrandts work, this one still astounds me to this day. In viewing it at its full intended size, it jumps out at you just like a 3D image, and boggles your senses. One trick Rembrandt used was to frame the picture within another picture. Although you cannot see it in this clipped .jpg, her left thumb overhangs the edge of the frame within the portrait, and appears to protrude into the real world, or "our space".

It was, and still is an astounding accomplishment in the art of oil painting. 400 years ago, and the great Dutch Masters still fry my senses. This particular painting is owned by Queen Elizabeth II, and is part of her royal collection.

I will not name the painting, as I am curious if anyone else on the forum is familiar with this particular Rembrandt portrait. Anybody? Anybody?

countach711

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2006 01:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for countach711Click Here to visit countach711's HomePageSend a Private Message to countach711Direct Link to This Post
Uhhh, I kind of like them both. The first one has really great colors, I really love the yellow sky. Okay I could do without granny, but whatever. and yes, I am serious.
edhering

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2006 02:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for edheringClick Here to visit edhering's HomePageSend a Private Message to edheringDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by countach711:

Uhhh, I kind of like them both. The first one has really great colors, I really love the yellow sky. Okay I could do without granny, but whatever. and yes, I am serious.

Actually, I'm not entirely sure, but I think that's actually supposed to be Donald Rumsfeld in a dress...?

Ed
Scott-Wa

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2006 10:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Scott-WaClick Here to visit Scott-Wa's HomePageSend a Private Message to Scott-WaDirect Link to This Post
Portrait of Agatha Bas, Wife of Nicolas van Bambeeck...

Do I win a kewpie doll?
zardoz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2006 10:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for zardozSend a Private Message to zardozDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Scott-Wa:

Portrait of Agatha Bas, Wife of Nicolas van Bambeeck...

Do I win a kewpie doll?

Ding, ding, ding!!

We have a winner!

Also referred to as "Woman with a Fan" as a generic description.

No kewpie dolls today, but you will be placed in the zardoz "Hall of Fame" for art history sleuths.

I am impressed in the extreme.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock