Started on: 06-18-2006 01:03 AM
Replies: 126
Last post by: Cliff Pennock on 06-22-2006 06:54 PM
Capt Fiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 260
Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2006 03:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Gridlock:

Sorry..I must disagree. He was not run off by the red bar brigade...he ran off because he is a tool.

EVERY goodbye thread has a story, and I am glad that Cliff posted it. You didn't get along with someone, or someone doesn't like you or you want to bash it on another forum....blah blah blah.

He wants a forum where everyone agrees with him. Shocking that he needs to build it for that to happen.

Everyone that has complaints that the forum isn't as good as it used to be forgets that it started as 1 person, and existed as 100 for a long time. Of course it was peaceful. There are 1000's of active members and its going to change because of that.

I think new blood is good and my request for change would be for people to read and post insightful retorts instead of beating the crap out of people that are "wrong" because they have a different view point.

...and I'm sorry, but flame wars and the INTERNET go together like cheap wine and unplanned pregnancy.

Oh..and Capt..this wasn't directed at you Your one little statement got a ball rolling.

Beware this post is made by a rambling half drunk white guy in Canada that is........... ah hell, read it if ya want. Don't read it if you have something better to do, like find more vodka.

Ya I dug a bit deeper into the whole thing and I should remove the red bar brigade comment out of the post.

It just irks me, is irk a word. Well upsets me, that I see this forum crashing faster than a 747 on 9/11. (OK that may be out of line but I am too drunk to care at this point, ya know white cranberry juice and cheap vodka are not bad, if you consider Polar Ice cheap vodka)

I have chatted with Ave a few times. Seems like a nice guy. I guess him and Cliff don't see eye to eye or keyboard to keyboard.

I like it here even with its problems. Its much better than some other forums.

Grid have you ever been to http://revscene.net/ its a local hang for asians and Honda's with a few doms mixed in. Ever notice that, fast and the furious king pin, is Dominique aka Dom, which can be shortened for domestic. I see something don't eye. Or maybe just the vodka talking at this point.

Well back to topic.

This forum is big. One bad apple ruins a bunch. Well this forum is lots of bunch's with lots o bad apples. Slowly they are being weeded out. I just hate to see 5 bad guys jump on one good guy and then twist everything around so the one good guy leaves. (this had nothing to do with ave dude)

I consider myself a nice guy, but after a few of them 4.9 vs 3800 threads turned ugly I started to take it personally and was ready to walk away from the forum due to a few, Uhm what are we calling them today a$$hats. LOL.

Don't hate on the forum, hate on the fact that in a place this big, there are going to be bad people you just have to ignore. I will bet that half the twits that annoy us are not even out of there teens.

Ya know the town I grew up in had less than 1/4 the population of this forum. ( 450 ish while I was growing up) And we had twits in out town too.

So in short. I am a babbling idiot tonight. Please ignore some things and pay attention to others I will leave it up ya'll to decide. Just be true to yourself and do what you feel is best.

Ok I put a disclaimer at the top of this post to ignore me if you have something better to do.
IP: Logged
Fastback 86

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 231
Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2006 04:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fastback 86Send a Private Message to Fastback 86Direct Link to This Post
Memo to the Captain: DON'T POST WHEN YOU'RE DRUNK.
Kohburn

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 188
Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2006 09:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KohburnSend a Private Message to KohburnDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by topcat:

No offense intended to anyone, but why do people feel it necessary to post goodbye threads? I mean if I decided to stop posting and become a lurker, I'd PM or email those that I consider forum friends to let them know... The "I am leaving threads" seem to be a cry for sympathy, or maybe an attempt to get a bunch of "please don't go" responses.

I could be wrong, but that is the way I see them.

Oh, take care Avengador1

yeah but stimpy did that and got banned for "spamming through PM"
Kohburn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2006 09:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KohburnSend a Private Message to KohburnDirect Link to This Post

Kohburn

7349 posts
Member since Jul 2003

Originally posted by Formula88:
Too many people walking around with a chip on their shoulder wanting to start trouble at the drop of a hat..

holy crap - pot meet kettle

lurker

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 236
Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2006 09:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for lurkerSend a Private Message to lurkerDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MiZer:
goodbye Mr. Velcro Shoes!!!

hey! you got a problem with velcro shoes?!

Kohburn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2006 09:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KohburnSend a Private Message to KohburnDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Capt Fiero:
It just irks me, is irk a word. Well upsets me, that I see this forum crashing faster than a 747 on 9/11.

This forum is big. One bad apple ruins a bunch. Well this forum is lots of bunch's with lots o bad apples. Slowly they are being weeded out. I just hate to see 5 bad guys jump on one good guy and then twist everything around so the one good guy leaves. (this had nothing to do with ave dude)

I consider myself a nice guy, but after a few of them 4.9 vs 3800 threads turned ugly I started to take it personally and was ready to walk away from the forum due to a few, Uhm what are we calling them today a$$hats. LOL.

Don't hate on the forum, hate on the fact that in a place this big, there are going to be bad people you just have to ignore. I will bet that half the twits that annoy us are not even out of there teens..

thats why i think in the current times, thi forum could benefit from a moderator system - moderators could remove unpleasant posts from threads - and banning someone would require a vote between them (or i'm sure a veto from Cliff)
lurker

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 236
Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2006 10:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for lurkerSend a Private Message to lurkerDirect Link to This Post
like any family, we have our petty squabbles. but theyre generally well-contained and easily avoided by those who dont care to take part.

the forum is fine. cliff doesnt need moderators.
fierobear

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 383
Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2006 11:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Kohburn:

yeah but stimpy did that and got banned for "spamming through PM"

No, he got banned for hacking someone's forum login. Where the hell does that story come from? Oh, that's right, the Septic Tank forum, where you can learn the real truth about things, from good, honest people.

FieroRumor

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 348
Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2006 11:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by lurker:

like any family, we have our petty squabbles. but theyre generally well-contained and easily avoided by those who dont care to take part.

Agreed. This forum isn't SOOO "busy" or "racy" that multiple moderators are needed. I've seen other forums that have multiple moderators collapse or become unpleasant due to petty bickering, favoritism, etc...

It's Cliff's forum, he does what the heck he wants.

It's not like there aren't other fiero forums out there. A google search will bring 'em up.

The internet's big enough for multiple sources of information, and it's not a BAD thing to have multiple sources...

Having "opposing" sub-groups may split up and/or divide a community, but sometimes, that may be best.

I can live with the horrificly opressing rules here, so I stay. I may mostly spend my days dressed as a post whore, but I have on several occasions lurked and not posted for a few days (or longer) due to various reasons and didn't say anything. and the forum went about its feiroific business. Sorry to see ya "go", vengie, but a reduced presence isn't the worse thing, really.

"And that's all I have to say about thaaat."
Kohburn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2006 12:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KohburnSend a Private Message to KohburnDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierobear:

No, he got banned for hacking someone's forum login. Where the hell does that story come from? Oh, that's right, the Septic Tank forum, where you can learn the real truth about things, from good, honest people.

actually thats whats cliff posted on the topic a long time ago - that the forum software "auto banned" him for spamming through email like he was a web crawler

since everyone knows that you are the authority on "truth"

[This message has been edited by Kohburn (edited 06-20-2006).]

Kohburn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2006 12:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KohburnSend a Private Message to KohburnDirect Link to This Post

Kohburn

7349 posts
Member since Jul 2003

i never said "need"

benefit was the word --

but a system that doesn't need moderators is available.. 60degreev6 just started implementing it - people can set other member to their ignore list - or people can be blocked form posting in certain threads etc..

basicly allows anyone who doesn't get along with someone else from just never having to see their posts
PFF
System Bot
AkursedX

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2006 12:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AkursedXSend a Private Message to AkursedXDirect Link to This Post

60degreev6 just started implementing it - people can set other member to their ignore list - or people can be blocked form posting in certain threads etc..

basicly allows anyone who doesn't get along with someone else from just never having to see their posts

Every forum should have that. Well at least every forum that aaron is on.
Bigfieroman

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2006 01:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BigfieromanClick Here to visit Bigfieroman's HomePageSend a Private Message to BigfieromanDirect Link to This Post
As someone else said,

Don't let the door hit your ass on the way out!

------------------

More info at: //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/043357.html

Kohburn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2006 01:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KohburnSend a Private Message to KohburnDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by AkursedX:

Every forum should have that. Well at least every forum that aaron is on.

fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2006 01:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

actually thats whats cliff posted on the topic a long time ago - that the forum software "auto banned" him for spamming through email like he was a web crawler

I was told it was for hacking my login. I could be mistaken.

since everyone knows that you are the authority on "truth"

Gee, thanks for your input.
RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 304
Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2006 01:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZDirect Link to This Post
The two-faced attention whore posted a nice message for his forum members:

Originally posted by avengador1 on fiero.com

If you are also a member of PFF, Please read.
Do not mention this forum over there or that you are a member here. It seems that the owner of that forum thinks we are guilty by association to another forum that was made exclusively to bash him and his forum. He basically has stated that he wants no mention or links to this forum in any posting section or chat room or any part of his forum. I would ask that we all please observe his wishes even though this forum, it's members, or myself have not done anything here to deserve this treatment.
Thank you for your cooperation.

He also sent me a couple fairly vulgar PM's before putting me on his ignore list, so I couldn't respond to them. I won't post them here without his permission, unless Cliff wants to see them (although he probably has access to any and all PM's sent through the forum). Good ridance you self-absorbed piece of trash.
Saxman

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2006 02:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SaxmanClick Here to visit Saxman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SaxmanDirect Link to This Post

If someone wants to have a green car with a 10ft wing and a 400hp stock V8 then let it be.

Take Care and Peace be with ya.

Hey, now. I take that personally! Actually - I make fun of my car, too. Wish I had 400hp, though...

------------------
V8 "FinIERO" Fino Kit - www.finiero.com -
'87 T-top - soon to become the new "FinIERO" (fin-'yeah-row) donor car
'88 GT
'87 GT

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2006 02:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post

hey! you got a problem with velcro shoes?!

Ya I love velcro shoes, practically all ive bought for 20 years. I occasionally like slip ons but have no use for shoestrings myself. On a typical day in my shop crawling around fixing peoples crash and burns, I had to tie laced ones every 15 mins. Velcro is the best invention after the car. Shoestring shoes are for cheerleaders and wannabees (whatevers who never tie them anyway)

Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2006 03:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post

It just irks me, is irk a word. Well upsets me, that I see this forum crashing faster than a 747 on 9/11.

Nah, there's always been a few dolts here to stir up trouble. The only reason this forum may seem worse is that there are now a lot more sheep to jump on the bandwagon when a thread goes sideways.

Public forums on the 'net are no place for thin-skinned individuals with self-esteem problems.

Fiero1Fan

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2006 03:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RWDPLZ:
Good ridance you self-absorbed piece of trash.

One thing is for sure, I'd take his advice before I'd take yours. Your comments are out of line! If you and Ave have a personal problem deal with it personally not here in the forum. I don't see him here calling you names.
Boondawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post06-20-2006 04:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:
Public forums on the 'net are no place for thin-skinned individuals with self-esteem problems.

PFF
System Bot
JohnnyK

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 354
Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2006 04:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnnyKSend a Private Message to JohnnyKDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RWDPLZ:

The two-faced attention whore posted a nice message for his forum members:

He also sent me a couple fairly vulgar PM's before putting me on his ignore list, so I couldn't respond to them. I won't post them here without his permission, unless Cliff wants to see them (although he probably has access to any and all PM's sent through the forum). Good ridance you self-absorbed piece of trash.

Whats the problem with that message? Thats what they want, correct? No mention of another forum on this forum.

Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 699
Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2006 08:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by avengador1

If you are also a member of PFF, Please read.
Do not mention this forum over there or that you are a member here. It seems that the owner of that forum thinks we are guilty by association to another forum that was made exclusively to bash him and his forum. He basically has stated that he wants no mention or links to this forum in any posting section or chat room or any part of his forum.

I said no such thing. You are now pissing me off by lying about this. What is it with you? Are you now trying to gain some followers by insinuating again I don't tolerate mention of other forums here? Let me refresh your memory. You started a thread fiero.com was under new management. I closed that thread for reasons mentioned earlier. You then started another thread. I deleted this second thread and send you my first PM about this:

I deleted this thread. Why? Because I don't appreciate your posting for several reasons. Foremost, the fact I closed the previous thread must have given you some kind of clue that maybe, just maybe I would have appreciated if you asked me first if it was ok to promote your own website on my forum.

BTW, I would have said "no, that's not ok" given the fact that sooooo much headache has come my way from fiero.com and realfierotech.com which it was pointing to. I don't care if it's under "new" management now.

Your response was a very lengthy one in which you admitted you knew you were wrong:

I know I played a dirty trick on you by posting again and I am sorry I did so. I considered it a neccesity to do so because I know of the ill feelings you hold against those people. I hope you don't think of me as any of those people, as I have never bad mouthed you publicly or even privately on any of the Fiero forums I belong to. I know you have bad blood with all of those people for things they have said about you and wife and the horrible photoshops they did of you and your wife.

You also said:

I will never mention my forum on your forum ever again.

I thought that would be the end of it and let it go. I did not respond to that PM.

Then a few days ago, I receive a few emails of people complaining you were plugging fiero.com on the PFF chat. I sent you another PM with a single sentence in it:

Why am I getting complaints from people that you are plugging your forum on my chat?

You reply with lame excuses that you didn't consider the PFF chat part of PFF because it's not hosted on my own server (so I guess you don't consider the images of PFF part of PFF either since they are hosted on another server as well). You then continue to question why I feel so "threathened" by other forums (which I don't).

My reply (and my complete reply) to you was this:

I don't feel threathened at all by other forums. Not for one second. Do I think it's nonsense another forum is started even though there's already a very succesfull one? Yes, not because it's my forum who happens to be the first, but because it's splitting the Fiero community. I do however react very strongly when people say one thing, then do another. I also react very strongly when people are trying to use my forum as their own personal advertising space for something that's basically the same. You have done it after I made it clear I don't appreciate it when I closed that thread. Your apology afterwards means nothing to me. It just shows you thought it was more important to plug your own forum than to respect my wishes. That's what's rubbing me the wrong way, not the fact you have started a forum.

And your reaction was this "goodbye" thread.

So tell me, where did I say I don't tolerate any mention on any part of my forum?

I would ask that we all please observe his wishes even though this forum, it's members, or myself have not done anything here to deserve this treatment.

Oh **** off. You are lying about the whole situation and you are now trying to get some sympathy or something? And maybe you want to explain why it has never been allowed to link to PFF from your forum? Oh, that's right, "to save PFF bandwidth" (your own words).

[edit]I'm sorry I'm posting parts of a private conversation here, but I'm getting sick and tired of people twisting my words and accusing me of things that simply are not true. I'm getting sick and tired of people trying to gain a following simply by opposing me as if I'm some kind of bogeyman. I'm getting sick and tired of this whole "you are either pro- or anti-PFF" nonsense.[/edit]
GT86

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2006 10:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GT86Send a Private Message to GT86Direct Link to This Post
Cliff, I'm confused as to what the big deal is. This is your forum, granted, and as such you can do whatever you see fit. No problems there. And I can understand why you weren't happy when a certain website was pointing to RFT. I'm not going to debate whether RFT serves a purpose or not, but there's obviously bad blood between you and that site.

What I'm not understanding is why it's still an issue. The website in question no longer points to RFT, and is run by someone who had nothing to do with the old site. I see a number of other Fiero forums named here, so I don't doubt the fact that you allow others to be mentioned. But given the fact that the only thing the new version has in common with the old is a name in an address bar, why is it forbidden?

Again, this is your forum, your rules. You don't have to justify yourself to me, or even answer my question. I'm just curious.

Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2006 01:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GT86:

What I'm not understanding is why it's still an issue. The website in question no longer points to RFT, and is run by someone who had nothing to do with the old site.

If you reread my post, you'll see it isn't an issue. It's not the reason why I'm upset. I closed the first thread Avengador posted - wether that was warranted or not is not the issue. The fact he immediately created a new thread for it while he was fully aware I would not appreciate that, is what p'd me off in the first place. He could have sent me a PM explaining things in more detail. But he didn't. He disrespected my wishes (of which he was fully aware) and reposted that thread anyway - thus using PFF as his personal advertizing space. He also broke his own promise after that. And the lame "I don't consider the PFF chat part of PFF because it's hosted on another server" excuse he used only p's me off more. And I'm not even talking about the whole lying about it afterwards bit.
sostock

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2006 03:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sostockSend a Private Message to sostockDirect Link to This Post
maybe i'm just a dumb country boy, but where i come from you don't bite the hand that feeds. Cliff doesn't charge any fee to use this site (although i'd pay a small fee) so we should respect him and his decisions. i'm not kissing butt, however its HIS site, its PFF. you don't like it, start your own site, don't post, don't login or lurk.

really i have no idea about how to make a website, but if i did and marketed towards the lowley and misrepresented Fiero, i'd be really pissed when someone questions my actions.

maybe its ME and I just don't get IT?
Kohburn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2006 08:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KohburnSend a Private Message to KohburnDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Cliff Pennock:

If you reread my post, you'll see it isn't an issue. It's not the reason why I'm upset. I closed the first thread Avengador posted - wether that was warranted or not is not the issue. The fact he immediately created a new thread for it while he was fully aware I would not appreciate that, is what p'd me off in the first place. He could have sent me a PM explaining things in more detail. But he didn't. He disrespected my wishes (of which he was fully aware) and reposted that thread anyway - thus using PFF as his personal advertizing space. He also broke his own promise after that. And the lame "I don't consider the PFF chat part of PFF because it's hosted on another server" excuse he used only p's me off more. And I'm not even talking about the whole lying about it afterwards bit.

so you are annoyed with avengador... but don't care if people link to other fiero sites.. so you won't care if someone talks about fiero.com or links to it?
84Bill

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 461
User Banned

Report this Post06-21-2006 08:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillDirect Link to This Post
Trash can please.

avengador1 has left of his own accord so this thread is nothing short of a stupid suicide note.

If anyone wants to throw themselves on their sword go ahead but for god sakes spare us your lame ass death throws and get it over with already.

Buh bye avengador1

Shows over, time to turn out the lights and move along.
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2006 10:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockDirect Link to This Post

so you are annoyed with avengador... but don't care if people link to other fiero sites.. so you won't care if someone talks about fiero.com or links to it?

Which parts of my posts you didn't understand? Is reading really that difficult? I clearly stated I have a problem with fiero.com and realfierotech.com for reasons that should be obvious to anyone who regularly visits PFF - which is the reason I closed the thread avengador started, not because "I don't allow people to link to other Fiero sites". But it's not the reason I'm "annoyed" with avengador1.

Oh **** it. If you think I'm really doing such a piss poor job at running this forum, and PFF is such a bad place, please, by all means leave.

Again, I'm getting sick and tired of this bullshit. I'm on my ******* holiday and I'm getting worked up over an internet forum while I should be spending time with my family.

You know, when I started PFF I really thought the Fiero community would be different. It isn't. It's really too bad a lot of people can't accept a good thing. I guess 7 years has been long enough.
Kohburn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2006 10:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KohburnSend a Private Message to KohburnDirect Link to This Post

Which parts of my posts you didn't understand? Is reading really that difficult? I clearly stated I have a problem with fiero.com and realfierotech.com for reasons that should be obvious to anyone who regularly visits PFF - which is the reason I closed the thread avengador started, not because "I don't allow people to link to other Fiero sites". But it's not the reason I'm "annoyed" with avengador1.

Oh **** it. If you think I'm really doing such a piss poor job at running this forum, and PFF is such a bad place, please, by all means leave.

Again, I'm getting sick and tired of this bullshit. I'm on my ******* holiday and I'm getting worked up over an internet forum while I should be spending time with my family.

You know, when I started PFF I really thought the Fiero community would be different. It isn't. It's really too bad a lot of people can't accept a good thing. I guess 7 years has been long enough.

it really wasn't that clear -- but please go spend time with your family - they are much more important than a forum
fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2006 10:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

it really wasn't that clear -- but please go spend time with your family - they are much more important than a forum

Maybe you should take your own advice. I thought I'd seen your nickname in the Septic Tank (RFT). Unless someone else is using your nickname, you have the THIRD HIGHEST post count in the tank - 3027, just behind Shaun and just ahead of Aaron. Along with the 6999 posts you've made here, that's an awful lot of posts.

I can't speak for Cliff, but I wouldn't give ANY weight to the opinion of someone that can stand to spend that much time on that forum. I'd feel like I'd just been dipped in s***, but that's just my standards.

PFF
System Bot
fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2006 11:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

fierobear

27075 posts
Member since Aug 2000

Don't sweat it, Cliff. You're a victim of your own success. You've created a forum that is so popular, that the population has risen to 11,000+ When you get that many people together, it's just like a city - nutcases inevitably show up. The key is to focus on the GOOD stuff you've done, and the fact that only a dozen or so people have turned out to be bad guys. The rest of the 11,000 aren't. 99% of the posts are decent and informative. The bad 1% should not overshadow the good 99%

[This message has been edited by fierobear (edited 06-21-2006).]

Toddster

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 503
Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2006 11:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterDirect Link to This Post

Cliff, put down the laptop! Holiday's are for enjoying.

This thread will still be here when you get home...and likely still going strong.

[This message has been edited by Toddster (edited 06-21-2006).]

Kohburn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2006 11:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KohburnSend a Private Message to KohburnDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierobear:

Maybe you should take your own advice. I thought I'd seen your nickname in the Septic Tank (RFT). Unless someone else is using your nickname, you have the THIRD HIGHEST post count in the tank - 3027, just behind Shaun and just ahead of Aaron. Along with the 6999 posts you've made here, that's an awful lot of posts.

I can't speak for Cliff, but I wouldn't give ANY weight to the opinion of someone that can stand to spend that much time on that forum. I'd feel like I'd just been dipped in s***, but that's just my standards.

and of course by association since i post in a forum that houses people you don't get along with i am instantly dipped in **** . if you look at my posts the vast majority are technical - I post while working while the software churns - its called multitasking..

what sort of contribution have you made? not to mention how many people with postcounts WAY higher than mine here have you just insulted?

no matter because from the few posts i've seen from you - you are nobody of consequence nor concern to me.
fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2006 11:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

and of course by association since i post in a forum that houses people you don't get along with i am instantly dipped in **** . if you look at my posts the vast majority are technical - I post while working while the software churns - its called multitasking..

It's not that *I* don't get along with them, it's that they can't seem to get along with the rest of the world, including the majority on this forum. It ain't about me, sunshine, it's about the class of people (or lack of), over there.

what sort of contribution have you made?

I don't go around tooting my own horn. Let's just say I've done my share by running a Fiero club with 150+ members, and organizing events more events than I can count.

no matter because from the few posts i've seen from you - you are nobody of consequence nor concern to me.

Anyone who spends time over there is of no consequence to me, just like an annoying gnat, buzzing around my head. Not even worth the effort to swat.

84Bill

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-21-2006 11:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillDirect Link to This Post
Jesus man. Does it really matter that much? Let me see if I can put it in plain english.

I disagree, this forum IS important.
While immidiate family is MORE important than the "forum family", it's kinda obvious to me that the this forum still has a great deal of importance to Cliff. Otherwise he wouldn't have had an issue with avengador. I mean duhhh..

Regarding the crybaby avengador1.

I have to question the unseen motivation for someone to want to advertise a well known and obviously disliked forum here on this one. It's one thing to post links that support the fiero community and it's something completely different to advertize something that counters it. Again... Uhhh duhhh

This is OUR home, anyone who doesn't like it is free to come and go but don't go advertising another forum which craps on our home at any chance they can and expect it to go un-noticed. I mean really.. DUHHH! Then turn around and post a tearful allegidly well meaning post about how wronged you were and expect it to fly. Duhh... boohoo, now get lost!

Make any sense now?

Kohburn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2006 11:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KohburnSend a Private Message to KohburnDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 84Bill:
This is OUR home, anyone who doesn't like it is free to come and go but don't go advertising another forum which craps on our home at any chance they can and expect it to go un-noticed. I mean really.. DUHHH! Then turn around and post a tearful allegidly well meaning post about how wronged you were and expect it to fly. Duhh... boohoo, now get lost!

thats perfectly well and good - since i never asked about his opinion of RFT - don't blaim him for blocking a forum that mocks him -

but its been stated a few times that fiero.com doesn't -- of course i haven't been over there don't really care to.. have you? since you claim they crap on pff.

it is amusing though how a simple question for clarity can result in so much anger.

as for fierobear? my GOD - you organize a club with 150 people about cars? how can you spend so much time on a hobby? *SHOCK*
please, people contribute in different ways - mine has generally been to help people diagnose and solve problems, tech tips, helping to clarify confusion.. aparently to you i'm just another person to throw a stone at to make you feel better about yourself.
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2006 12:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockDirect Link to This Post

thats perfectly well and good - since i never asked about his opinion of RFT - don't blaim him for blocking a forum that mocks him -

but its been stated a few times that fiero.com doesn't

Which isn't true. Fiero.com has and did. Do a search for "Zonyl"'s posts. He was the owner of fiero.com. Then it was taken over by Stimpy. Then the whole site went down and Fiero.com pointed to realfierotech.com, fka "PennocksSucks". So yeah, fiero.com is black-booked here. Then the "new" management pulls this stunt. That doesn't help me change my mind about fiero.com.
84Bill

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-21-2006 12:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillDirect Link to This Post

It's not the fact that it mocks him, it's the fact the he doesn't like it. Not just him but many others as well. Ive never had any problems with anyone over there. Even when they were here, I still didn't have any problems with them. In fact a few people were banned from here simply because of their association with people over there.. I disagree with that as well. But the fact is Cliff made a simple request, crybaby ignored it and when Cliff took a more stern approach crybaby left. avengador1 leaving or staying is of no consiquence, it's his decission. The decission to ignore Cliff is something that should have been left between the two of them. However avengador1 lacks character in that instead of leaving he decided to stirr the pot by creating this thread.

I say CYA.

but its been stated a few times that fiero.com doesn't -- of course i haven't been over there don't really care to.. have you? since you claim they crap on pff.

I've never been there myself.
If you havent been there then whats the issue? Who cares? Why not just smile and wave buh bye and leave it at that?

it is amusing though how a simple question for clarity can result in so much anger.

Replies are always subject to interpritation. as far as my posts are concerened you can take what you want but anger is not an emotion I succumb to very ofter.

as for fierobear? my GOD - you organize a club with 150 people about cars? how can you spend so much time on a hobby? *SHOCK*
please, people contribute in different ways - mine has generally been to help people diagnose and solve problems, tech tips, helping to clarify confusion.. aparently to you i'm just another person to throw a stone at to make you feel better about yourself.

Heh.. thats bear for ya.
JazzMan

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 653
User Banned

Report this Post06-21-2006 01:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JazzManSend a Private Message to JazzManDirect Link to This Post

Cliff, I wouldn't sweat the few knuckleheads that are bound and determined to push your buttons and argue with you, they're essentially attention whores and don't in any way represent the feelings, thoughts, or actions of the vast majority of people here on PFF. The rest of us appreciate what you do and how you do it and wouldn't want to change a thing.

And the Fiero community is different. From what I've seen, the septic RFT or whatever they call it nowadays is actually more representative of what many forums are like, your forum is the rare gleaming example of how to do it right and how nice it really can be.

JazzMan
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock