Started on: 06-01-2006 07:32 AM
Replies: 9
Last post by: 84Bill on 06-01-2006 09:24 PM
proff

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2006 07:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for proffClick Here to visit proff's HomePageClick Here to Email proffSend a Private Message to proffDirect Link to This Post
http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=104414

if this is being put on the net for every one to read. Now wonder there is a level of dislike to the USA is some areas.
I will still like the USA cause I have been there to see what its like for myself.
I will always like the people in the USA.
Funny ppl
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
lurker

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 234
Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2006 07:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for lurkerClick Here to Email lurkerSend a Private Message to lurkerDirect Link to This Post
while i cant condone the kiling of innocents, i also cant fully understand the stresses these guys were under, being constantly under threat of attack and losing a friend. this is a burden all involved will carry around the rest of their lives.
proff

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2006 08:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for proffClick Here to visit proff's HomePageClick Here to Email proffSend a Private Message to proffDirect Link to This Post
Yes i agree
but the media want a drama story
Here they will leave out what you mentioned.
I had my father pass away within sight , i will live with that for the rest of my life
JazzMan

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 653
User Banned

Report this Post06-01-2006 01:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JazzManClick Here to Email JazzManSend a Private Message to JazzManDirect Link to This Post
Reprisal killings of civilians, women, children and babies by occupying armies is nothing new, been going on for thousands of years. Heck, Israel's been doing it for over fourty years, look where it's got them.

Diane Rheem did a good show on this this morning, outlining the facts and having different viewpoints represented in a non-attack/non-defensive manner. What I found troubling was the comparison to the My Lai Massacre http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/My_Lai_massacre

One of the terrible aspects of that massacre was that only one of the shooters was tried, three years after the fact, and even though the jury gave him more than 20 life sentences President Nixon released him after a year and shortly after that the shooter was paroled.

I'd be willing to bet cash-money that the Marines who violated every military code of conduct and the chain of command of the coverup in this latest massacre will get the same result as the Abu Graib people did: A few low-level participats get relatively mild punishments and the coverup people and responsible chain of command get nothing.

This latest loss of our international reputation and status could only be partly recovered if the soldiers involved are tried in a real court with real evidence and if found guilty are either sent away for life or executed. Anything less will just prove to the rest of the world that we have no honor, no justice, and no respect.

JazzMan
Uaana

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 138
Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2006 03:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for UaanaClick Here to visit Uaana's HomePageClick Here to Email UaanaSend a Private Message to UaanaDirect Link to This Post
"Diane Rheem did a good show on this this morning, outlining the facts and having different viewpoints represented in a non-attack/non-defensive manner. What I found troubling was the comparison to the My Lai Massacre"
(Did she have the unbaisd Rep Murtha on as well?)

This is just what the left has been hoping for. Hoping that some unit would crack and give them another Vietnam comparison.

MyLai over 100 were killed, in this incident which still hasn't been proven or tried, appox 12-24 (depending on source) were killed.
The antiwar forces are licking their chops at the prospect of being able to use Haditha to discredit the efforts of hundreds of thousands of American and coalition servicemen in Iraq, just as My Lai was used to discredit our sacrifices in Vietnam.

Little tidbit on Haditha from last year
http://www.guardian.co.uk/Iraq/Story/0,2763,1553969,00.html

While I'm sure most don't care, I'd like to see the casualty list from that unit over the past 6 months and from their involvement in Haditha. These guys may have been left out on the pointy end too long. I'm not making excuses, but before you lable them monsters and inhuman. It may have been their humanity that suffered after too many abuses by those who don't value human life or rights.

But this is what we've come to expect from jazz, conn and the rest of the lefties, US evil. Terrorist = innocent victim
JazzMan

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 653
User Banned

Report this Post06-01-2006 06:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JazzManClick Here to Email JazzManSend a Private Message to JazzManDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Uaana:

"Diane Rheem did a good show on this this morning, outlining the facts and having different viewpoints represented in a non-attack/non-defensive manner. What I found troubling was the comparison to the My Lai Massacre"
(Did she have the unbaisd Rep Murtha on as well?)

This is just what the left has been hoping for. Hoping that some unit would crack and give them another Vietnam comparison.

MyLai over 100 were killed, in this incident which still hasn't been proven or tried, appox 12-24 (depending on source) were killed.
The antiwar forces are licking their chops at the prospect of being able to use Haditha to discredit the efforts of hundreds of thousands of American and coalition servicemen in Iraq, just as My Lai was used to discredit our sacrifices in Vietnam.

Little tidbit on Haditha from last year
http://www.guardian.co.uk/Iraq/Story/0,2763,1553969,00.html

While I'm sure most don't care, I'd like to see the casualty list from that unit over the past 6 months and from their involvement in Haditha. These guys may have been left out on the pointy end too long. I'm not making excuses, but before you lable them monsters and inhuman. It may have been their humanity that suffered after too many abuses by those who don't value human life or rights.

But this is what we've come to expect from jazz, conn and the rest of the lefties, US evil. Terrorist = innocent victim

Since you obviously didn't hear the show this morning you are unqualified to comment on the information presented in it.

And no, Murtha wasn't on, but a rep of the US Marines was as well as an ex-Marine and others I don't remember.

Heck, you're just as uninformed as General Pace was until he read about it months after the fact in the newspaper, and as uninformed as Bush was about it for a month after it happened.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/5033648.stm

You think that liberals and democrats are salivating at the prospect of this happening? What kind of monsters do you think we are? BTW, last I looked it's the Republicans that dragged us into Iraq.

You go ahead and just keep pretending that Haditha didn't happen, then that way you can honestly be confused as to why the rest of the middle east and the world is growing to hate us day after day.

Personally? If I though I could make you go I'd give you a one-way ticket to Iraq myself. There you can be showered with roses and candy by the millions of Iraqis that love us so much.

JazzMan
Cadillac Jack

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2006 07:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cadillac JackClick Here to Email Cadillac JackSend a Private Message to Cadillac JackDirect Link to This Post
What these marines did was wrong. The awful thing is I understand why they did it. I know they can't go unpunished and wouldn't want them to. But if I was in the exact same situation, I might do the same thing. I'd like to think I wouldn't, but I can't say for sure. I do know this sort of thing makes it a hell of a lot harder for someone like my son, who is there dealing with the same crap, to do his job. It makes it a lot harder to get usable information from citezens so that the right people can be caught and locked up. It's just an awful, awful situation all around!
Kekipi

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 65
Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2006 07:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KekipiClick Here to Email KekipiSend a Private Message to KekipiDirect Link to This Post

Funny ppl[/QUOTE]

No Fricken way, You Ausie's have us beat by a mile.
twofatguys

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 227
Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2006 08:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysClick Here to Email twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by proff:

Funny ppl

[Goodfellows]"You mean, let me understand this cause, ya know maybe it's me, I'm a little *uck*d up maybe, but I'm funny how, I mean funny like I'm a clown, I amuse you? I make you laugh, I'm here to *uck*n' amuse you? What do you mean funny, funny how? How am I funny? "[/Goodfellows]

Hmmmmmmm LOL
Gotta love you Aussies

Brad
84Bill

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 461
User Banned

Report this Post06-01-2006 09:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillDirect Link to This Post
I don't see what the problem is. Those people are on our turf.. if they don't like being shot at and possibly killed maybe they should move to Iran or something.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock