Started on: 05-30-2006 05:53 PM
Replies: 35
Last post by: 84fierotrevor on 06-01-2006 12:33 AM
Boondawg

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post05-30-2006 05:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post

This photo provided by the Christian Broadcasting Network shows Pat Robertson leg-pressing what is claimed to be 2,000 pounds on Feb. 1, 2003. A CBN spokesman claims the photo is from 2003 although the date stamp on the photo reads 8/1/1994.

The "700 Club" host's feat of strength is recounted on the Web site of his Christian Broadcasting Network, in a posting headlined "How Pat Robertson Leg Pressed 2,000 Pounds."

The Web posting said two men loaded the leg-press machine with 2,000 pounds "and then let it down on Mr. Robertson, who pushed it up one rep and let it go back down again." The Web site said several people witnessed the event, and shows video of Robertson leg-pressing what appears to be 1,000 pounds.

But others are not so sure.

Clay Travis of CBS SportsLine.com called the 2,000-pound assertion impossible in a column this week, writing that the leg-press record for football players at Florida State University is 665 pounds less.

"Where in the world did Robertson even find a machine that could hold 2,000 pounds at one time?" Travis asked.

Andy Zucker, a strength-training coach at Old Dominion University in Norfolk, said leg presses of more than 1,000 pounds represent "a Herculean effort, and 2,000 pounds is a whole other story."

CBN spokeswoman Angell Vasko said Friday that Robertson was not available for comment because he was "out of pocket" for the long holiday weekend.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/13027545/

[This message has been edited by Boondawg (edited 05-30-2006).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
ryan.hess

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 319
Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2006 05:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ryan.hessSend a Private Message to ryan.hessDirect Link to This Post
I heard about that a few days ago. I think Jesus gives him the power to levitate too.
Cadillac Jack

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2006 06:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cadillac JackSend a Private Message to Cadillac JackDirect Link to This Post
It's a miracle!!!!
dezie36

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 155
Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2006 06:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dezie36Send a Private Message to dezie36Direct Link to This Post
I died laughing when I heard this.

I mean come one!
Hes like in his 80s and men at the peak at the olympics cant do 2k pounds...
fogglethorpe

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 158
Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2006 08:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fogglethorpeSend a Private Message to fogglethorpeDirect Link to This Post
At least he's pressing something other than his luck, for a change.
Cadillac Jack

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2006 08:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cadillac JackSend a Private Message to Cadillac JackDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dezie36:

I died laughing when I heard this.

I mean come one!
Hes like in his 80s and men at the peak at the olympics cant do 2k pounds...

Gawd's pushing it.

gusshotrod

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2006 10:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gusshotrodSend a Private Message to gusshotrodDirect Link to This Post
I think the photo is upside down.
Cadillac Jack

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2006 10:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cadillac JackSend a Private Message to Cadillac JackDirect Link to This Post
Well anyway if Pat's leg has "pressed" 2000lbs, I bet it he had to do it in several hitches.
theogre

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 567
Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2006 10:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreDirect Link to This Post
Having grown up riding bicycle long distances and working leg press....

There is no way in hell.

Even with major training no one lifts that. At my best many years ago I could only lift the stack on a Universal and not from a full squat. That amount of weight from a full squat can blow your knees.

Robertson and PTL have become so full of crap that it's a wonder anyone that isn't suffering from major mental problems would believe anything from them anymore.

------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurasic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave (It's also at the top of every forum page...)

Cadillac Jack

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2006 10:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cadillac JackSend a Private Message to Cadillac JackDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by theogre:
Robertson and PTL have become so full of crap that it's a wonder anyone that isn't suffering from major mental problems would believe anything from them anymore.

Well said!

doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2006 11:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post
Today I leg pressed 1010 lbs, and thats 10 repititions, 3 sets.

Apparently I gave a herculean effort.

------------------

PFF
System Bot
F-I-E-R-O

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2006 11:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F-I-E-R-OSend a Private Message to F-I-E-R-ODirect Link to This Post
Cheater! He's got Bionic Legs!

DtheC

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2006 11:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DtheCSend a Private Message to DtheCDirect Link to This Post
I for one, think its' a miricle. Perhaps the vatican should show some intrest, he might be a contender for something big?
ROTFLMAO
mysticfire6602

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-30-2006 11:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mysticfire6602Send a Private Message to mysticfire6602Direct Link to This Post
im sure it is entirely possible. i hold my schools record for leg pressing at 1250 lbs. at least i think i still do, im not in school anymore
86fierofun

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2006 11:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fierofunSend a Private Message to 86fierofunDirect Link to This Post
looking from the angle of the machine and his legs, i guess i could see that. playing around on leg presses i could lift increadably high numbers (forget what exactly, as it was a long time ago, i just remember they were high) by changing angle of attack and where my body was in the seat.

I usually prefer free weights.
iced_theater

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2006 03:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for iced_theaterSend a Private Message to iced_theaterDirect Link to This Post
The most I've done was back when I was in 7th grade. I did the stack plus 2 people on the stack. Came out to something like 850-900 lbs or so. I forget anymore. The two places that have leg press machines here in town neither of them goes over 495lbs and I can do reps fairly easily on that.
84fierotrevor

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 351
Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2006 04:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fierotrevorSend a Private Message to 84fierotrevorDirect Link to This Post
Ask calikid I bet he has done it altho he won't be able to prove it.........
yater13

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2006 06:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for yater13Send a Private Message to yater13Direct Link to This Post
I'm not sure why, but I watched the video. When he gets to the higher weights (maybe 800/900 lbs), he only moves the weight about 4 to 6". He kicks the weight off the safety catch and then lets it drop back to the catch. I can understand without a good spotter or 4, I wouldn't want to let a large amount go either, but with the short distance he moves the weights, I think more people could do the same. He is far from a full squat. He is also using his arms for added leverage. I would like to hear what he can lift in a full squat to see how well he really does, but at his age, it would snap his legs if he got near that weight.
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2006 09:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by 84fierotrevor:

Ask calikid I bet he has done it altho he won't be able to prove it.........

I just gave you a negative rating altho [sic] you won't be able to prove it.......
IEatRice

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2006 10:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IEatRiceSend a Private Message to IEatRiceDirect Link to This Post
I was thinking about getting metal legs.... its a risky operation but it would be worth it....

[This message has been edited by IEatRice (edited 05-31-2006).]

California Kid

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2006 10:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Formula88:

I just gave you a negative rating altho [sic] you won't be able to prove it.......

Ditto !
PFF
System Bot
Toddster

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 503
Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2006 12:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterDirect Link to This Post
When I was in PEAK physical condition in College I could 30 reps of 450 lbs at an incline of 60 degrees...and I felt it for days! There is NO WAY IN HELL that this old man pushed 2000 lbs EVEN if he reduced the incline to less than 10 degrees. NO WAY.
FieroRumor

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 348
Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2006 12:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post
Bionic Legs RULE!

This is SOOO silly. So, being able to leg press 2,000 lbs in some way has something to do with God?

Well,

Praise Jesus -I picked a twenty-four inch booger out of my nose yesterday!

And by God, it was yummy!
F-I-E-R-O

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2006 12:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F-I-E-R-OSend a Private Message to F-I-E-R-ODirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroRumor:
Praise Jesus -I picked a twenty-four inch booger out of my nose yesterday!
And by God, it was yummy!

http://www.ncbuy.com/news/2004-12-31/1011451.html
84fierotrevor

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2006 02:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fierotrevorSend a Private Message to 84fierotrevorDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by California Kid:

Ditto !

Oh know guys, what will I ever do, My world is falling apart around me. not my poor ratings bar. its.....its all I got...

------------------

California Kid

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2006 03:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidDirect Link to This Post

My world is falling apart around me.

That's pretty obvious from your "Webshots" page created June 23, 2002.
http://community.webshots.com/user/trevorborden

Friends: None
Favorite Members: None
Fans of Trevorborden: 0
About Me: 0 people dig trevorborden

A gloomy apartment, riced out fart can Neon, and a POS (not to be confused with a nice) Fiero. That pretty much somes you up.

[This message has been edited by California Kid (edited 05-31-2006).]

Boondawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post05-31-2006 04:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post

A gloomy apartment, riced out fart can Neon, and a POS Fiero. That pretty much somes you up.

But how do you really feel?

[This message has been edited by Boondawg (edited 05-31-2006).]

JohnnyK

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 354
Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2006 04:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnnyKSend a Private Message to JohnnyKDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boondawg:

But how do you really feel?

Probably not so angry. His outburst was probably exaggerated as well..
F-I-E-R-O

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2006 07:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F-I-E-R-OSend a Private Message to F-I-E-R-ODirect Link to This Post

A gloomy apartment, riced out fart can Neon, and a POS (not to be confused with a nice) Fiero. That pretty much somes you up.

I know I shouldn't jump in here, which means that I will anyway...

Did you say "pretty"? Have you seen yourself in the mirror lately?

When someone feels down, you should try to be positive and make them see the brighter side of life. If you knew anything about Pat Robertson you'd understand that philosophy. Please don't make me remind you again. Now scoot! And stop stalking people!
84fierotrevor

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2006 11:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fierotrevorSend a Private Message to 84fierotrevorDirect Link to This Post

That was back when I was 19, not sure if you relized it or not. check my myspace page. I now own my own buisness and am doing alot better. I don't own any of those cars anymore. I do own a 40 thousand dollar 2003 bmw 530i, my own buisness, a white 1986 fiero gt with 39 thousand miles, another 1986 fiero gt but its red and has 147 thousand miles a 2004 dodge srt-4 a 1996 dodge ram 1500 sport a 2003 yzf-r1 and as of today a big ass ugly 77 gmc off road beater, I had a town house tell the hurrician wrecked it, but i am now looking for a house up here in washington. unfortuntily tho none of my cars have 500 whp and my bike doesnt run 9's like your vehichles but its not a bad start considering im 23.it was only a joke. why get so angry? or does the truth hurt?
If you want to continue this PM me so we don't fug up the dudes thread.
California Kid

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2006 11:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidDirect Link to This Post
Prove All Of It !!!

You pump things up more than anyone here, even if you did own a 2003 BMW 530i, it isn't worth the $40,000 that you claim:
http://motors.search.ebay.com/2003-BMW-530i_W0QQfromZR40

A real low mileage beauty, loaded went for $17,500 about a week back.

You'd think at the age of 23, that you'd learned how to spell simple words correctly, like Business !

[This message has been edited by California Kid (edited 06-01-2006).]

PFF
System Bot
lurker

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 236
Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2006 11:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lurkerSend a Private Message to lurkerDirect Link to This Post

Prove It !!!

prove you exist.
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2006 11:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post

That was back when I was 19, not sure if you relized it or not. check my myspace page. I now own my own buisness and am doing alot better. I don't own any of those cars anymore. I do own a 40 thousand dollar 2003 bmw 530i, my own buisness, a white 1986 fiero gt with 39 thousand miles, another 1986 fiero gt but its red and has 147 thousand miles a 2004 dodge srt-4 a 1996 dodge ram 1500 sport a 2003 yzf-r1 and as of today a big ass ugly 77 gmc off road beater, I had a town house tell the hurrician wrecked it, but i am now looking for a house up here in washington. unfortuntily tho none of my cars have 500 whp and my bike doesnt run 9's like your vehichles but its not a bad start considering im 23.it was only a joke. why get so angry? or does the truth hurt?
If you want to continue this PM me so we don't fug up the dudes thread.

500 whp? Now who's throwing Show me the 500 whp claim.

But you don't have to worry about your rating. I was only joking, too. I had already given you a negative.
84fierotrevor

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2006 12:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fierotrevorSend a Private Message to 84fierotrevorDirect Link to This Post

Prove It !!!

tell me how and I will.
84fierotrevor

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2006 12:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fierotrevorSend a Private Message to 84fierotrevorDirect Link to This Post

84fierotrevor

4998 posts
Member since Oct 2001

500 whp? Now who's throwing Show me the 500 whp claim.

But you don't have to worry about your rating. I was only joking, too. I had already given you a negative.

its an exaduration. just like his 400 somthing hp is an exaduration.
84fierotrevor

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2006 12:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fierotrevorSend a Private Message to 84fierotrevorDirect Link to This Post

84fierotrevor

4998 posts
Member since Oct 2001

Prove It !!!

I have pictures of all my cars in front of my house, all the same exact house, I can post those. I am sure you want more proof. I can post pics of the titles to my cars, It will take me a couple days for 3 of the titles because I left them at my moms house in california, because I will be going to basic in october. and had no reason to take all the titles with me, when I came to washington, as I left my white fiero my red fiero my srt-4 and my bmw in california I drove my truck up because the weather and roads take a toll on cars up here. I am going back to california mid june to bring my two fieros up tho so i can store my white one and let my g/f use the red one to run the buisness while im gone.

contact nina at ocean shores mall in aberdeen washington and ask her if trevor borden has a location in her mall. its general growth proporties that ownes the mall where i currently have my buisness. is there anything else I need to prove? just ask me how and if its reasonable I'll do it.

Now how about those time slips and dyno sheets?

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock