Started on: 05-25-2006 08:10 PM
Replies: 10
Last post by: Raydar on 05-26-2006 12:46 AM
Fiero Finale

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2006 08:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero FinaleSend a Private Message to Fiero FinaleDirect Link to This Post
I probably won't be getting on PFF, or the internet for that matter for a while(maybe for short amounts of times at someone else's house). For those who do notremember my threads, my mom is a raging lunatic and uses me as her scapegoat and so on. I've been trying to recover for the last two years financially and so on(mainly caused from my mom too), i'm not trying to point all blame at her but i've had MANY people not only my friends but unbiased people(aka not my friends) like my moms friends and so on say how I even deal with it. Last fall she essentially kicked me out when I was not financially stable at the point to even live on my own(again). So yea im living back at home again now. Thankfully I finally got a very good paying job, and actually financially stable to move out. Anywho, back to what I was saying shes basically lost her dang mind cause one of her long time friends told her shes not dealing with my moms crap and so on blah blah. So now my mom is raging war on anyone close to her(like me, and of course my brother doesn't get it taken out on him). For instance, just got off work and she locked me out of the house and stood on the other side of the glass door taunting me. WTF? All I know is I cannot take this anymore(and the # of times i've said that is sad....) and shes saying shes selling the house tommorow, cancelling the internet tommorow and so on. Just cause someone turned the A/C on tooooooo low last night(my damn brother, I was sleeping for this thing I call a job). I guess its time to look for an apartment or w/e now that I am financially stable to do so, and leave the nest for good instead of being shoved out twice(once 16, other 18, i'm 19 now) unprepared. Well......thanks for letting me get this small amount of stuff off my chest, and I like I said I don't expect to get on and post much without any source of constant Internet(besides a friends house like I said). Peace guys...

~josh~
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
under8ted

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
User Banned

Report this Post05-25-2006 08:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for under8tedSend a Private Message to under8tedDirect Link to This Post
I know ALLLLLL about lunatic family members. What solved it for me was putting about 200 miles between me and them.
$Rich$

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 397
Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2006 08:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for $Rich$Send a Private Message to $Rich$Direct Link to This Post
hope things work out for you
cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2006 08:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post
Josh, the future is as bleak as you want it to be.
Sounds like money might be tight for awhile. Kill some time at the library. There are many resources there and one of them is the internet. So you can't surf PFF in your underware. You will make it.
You are making a good move in life and life will get better.
fierogtowner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2006 08:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtownerSend a Private Message to fierogtownerDirect Link to This Post
Damn that SUCKS!! Well, family can suck too but they are the closest friends you'll ever have, at least that what they say. For dealing with family, I just ignore them, pretend they aren't there. When they want my attention I'll let them know they are allowed to speak to me.
Fiero Finale

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2006 08:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero FinaleSend a Private Message to Fiero FinaleDirect Link to This Post
I appreciate the responses. Yeah I can live without internet, especially since even now with a constant source of internet I rarely get on cause i'm working so much. So yeah, a brief check of my e-mail/pff/and etc at my friends isn't a problem. Family may be the closest friends for some, but for me that is not true at all. Yeah money may be tight, but i've been kicked out twice and have had a taste of the actual world on my own just the money was a problem. Now with this good paying job(and even better when my 90 days are up, which is in less than 2 months woot) I should be ok. I'm not to upset, as I planned on moving out before I started college this fall. So things are looking up, good job, college this fall and so on. I haven't had a good relationship with my mom for about 8-9 years......so it this "Fight" this time doesn't really bother me, just makes me angry and another log to the fire. Well i'm off to go search apartment ads, so later guys!

~josh~
HI-TECH

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 123
Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2006 08:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HI-TECHClick Here to visit HI-TECH's HomePageSend a Private Message to HI-TECHDirect Link to This Post
dude i was in the same boat... the best thing to do is just move out and stay away no matter how hard things get...i'm still paying off electric bills and watterbills my mother put in my name. i moved out when i was 17 i lived in my truck for 2 weeks @ the river, i was still in H.S. and working. one of my friends moms took me in and i payed half the rent to live out in a 5th wheel in there backyard till i finaly found my own place here. my mom did the same exact SH!T your moms doing. my mother was a hevy drug addict and on her "down" time she used to do that crpa to me, shed call the cops on my thinking i was steeling her money when she spent it on dope, she locked my out, smashed the windows in my truck, slashed my tires, sold my stuff. she woudl tell storys to her friends saying i'm causeing all thies problems and its all my falt that i'm some ungreatfull @sshole and her friends would call me names if thay seen me on the street, then thay learned my side of the story and the lies she was telling them. like how i wouldnt pay rent when i did and she blew it all up her nose insted of paying it to the landlord. shes has put bills in my name and used my SSN many time to get crap. the earlyest bill i have on my **** credit was when i was 14 and she had the electricty bill in my name and ran that up to 1400 bucks. i know what your going though, its hard, but you gotta keep a positive outlook man even when times are bad. the best thing to do is get away from her and stay away as much as you possably can, i'm 21 and probly only talked to my mom 3-4 times since i was 17, i'm much happeyer and not depressed anymore about life. hay man if you need somewoen to talk to you can pm me and or ill shoot you my cell #
Scott-Wa

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2006 08:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Scott-WaClick Here to visit Scott-Wa's HomePageSend a Private Message to Scott-WaDirect Link to This Post
Good luck to you, it sucks that the 'real' world can be so screwed up that parents do crap like this to their kids. I ran into a similar situation while subbing at a highschool during a test week. I got to monitor the lunchroom and keep kids that weren't being tested gathered up and out of the halls. One girl was getting calls from her mom begging for money to go buy crack.
fierogtowner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2006 08:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtownerSend a Private Message to fierogtownerDirect Link to This Post
Life can suck sometimes. But you just have to follow through and be strong. Be optimistic about the things that matter most to you and the people that matter most to you.
Brian Lamberts

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 101
Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2006 10:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Brian LambertsSend a Private Message to Brian LambertsDirect Link to This Post
You may have some hard times ahead. You really have to get out of there.

I think I would talk to my friends about this--do any of them have family situations where you might be able to live with them for a few months? It would be nice if you could pay some room and board and save some money for a while. When I was just out of high school, I was having problems with my Dad, nothing as horrible as you're experiencing, but for a while he an I didn't talk much.

Are your aunts and uncles nuts, too? Maybe you could go visit them or grandparents for a while? Or an older brother or sister? You see the theme.

I'd suggest that you keep a theme in the back of your mind that money equals freedom--so conserve and build your resources. You may be able to afford an apt. by yourself, but keep in mind that they want to lock you in for a year, you'll need to come up with first and last month's rent usually and a security/damage deposit. Better would be to share an apt. with a couple of your friends. You're the right age for roommate, they can be fun (or they can be hellish.) Try to find the most up & up roommates you can. Drugs, booze, sleazy girlfriends, and dishonesty in your roommates can make your life very miserable--and life will be easier for you if you resist the temptation to do drugs, booze, sleazy girlfriends, and crooked behavior yourself. You are judged by the life you lead and who you hang out with.

My Grandma used to say that the only dirt you really have to worry about is the dirt that won't wash off.

And as much as possible, keep it simple!

Sorry to say, it's time to grow up quick and put some distance between you and your mom. It's obvious that that's what she wants. As you leave (and as you go through life) resist telling her (and others) off. Parting shots are kinda fun, but don't change anything, and tend to burn bridges.

Maybe someday she'll come to her senses. My Dad finally did, at least. You may want to reestablish with her someday. Leave the hurtful things unsaid.

I wish you well. If you need to talk to an old fart (I'm 54) pm me for a phone number.
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2006 12:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post
Best of luck to you.

And remember... the sweetest revenge you can have is to make yourself successful without her help.
Looks like you've got a good start on that, already.
PFF
System Bot

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock