Started on: 05-23-2006 06:40 PM
Replies: 7
Last post by: JazzMan on 05-25-2006 07:08 PM
JazzMan

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 653
User Banned

Report this Post05-23-2006 06:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JazzManSend a Private Message to JazzManDirect Link to This Post
I've been working on getting some of the ferals that came with my house acclimated to me so that when I snag them for neutering it isn't so traumatic for them. So far, this one will almost eat out of my hand as soon as he can distinguish between food and fingers:

The pic doesn't do his eyes justice, they are the most orange eyes I've ever seen on a cat. Here's another fella, not quite full grown, he's a bit more skittish:

His eyes are more yellow than the pic shows. It was hard getting these guys to hold still for the camera, it took two dozen tries to get just these two pics.

Anyone got a lead on inexpensive Advantage? I need half a dozen large dog doses by the end of next month I figure. Also, could use some deworming/tapeworm meds too.

JazzMan
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
fierogtowner

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2006 06:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtownerSend a Private Message to fierogtownerDirect Link to This Post
Pretty cats.
BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2006 09:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JazzMan:

I've been working on getting some of the ferals that came with my house acclimated to me so that when I snag them for neutering it isn't so traumatic for them. So far, this one will almost eat out of my hand as soon as he can distinguish between food and fingers:

The pic doesn't do his eyes justice, they are the most orange eyes I've ever seen on a cat. Here's another fella, not quite full grown, he's a bit more skittish:

His eyes are more yellow than the pic shows. It was hard getting these guys to hold still for the camera, it took two dozen tries to get just these two pics.

Anyone got a lead on inexpensive Advantage? I need half a dozen large dog doses by the end of next month I figure. Also, could use some deworming/tapeworm meds too.

JazzMan

hope to all that is anything that you dont plan on using dog advantage on cats!!!!!

there are diff. chemical in the dog versions that are DEADLY to cats, they will seizure and possibly die!

please be careful!
Whuffo

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2006 10:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WhuffoClick Here to visit Whuffo's HomePageSend a Private Message to WhuffoDirect Link to This Post
Try http://www.1800petmeds.com - they've got pretty reasonable prices.
ditch

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 157
Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2006 09:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ditchSend a Private Message to ditchDirect Link to This Post

There were a bunch of strays in my neighborhood. I just bought a live trap and caught them one by one, had them spayed/neutered, then released them. That was about 4 years ago and it appeared to help a lot with the population in my area. Many of them still come by my place to eat (I put out food).

JazzMan

The cheapest place I've found is in Australia. Shipping is about $6 if I remember, but it might be more if you buy multiple items. Anyway, it's www.equine-mega-store.com

I buy my heartworm and frontline meds from them. After shipping, it's still about 1/2 of the cost of my vet.

[This message has been edited by ditch (edited 05-24-2006).]

Tom Slick

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2006 10:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom SlickSend a Private Message to Tom SlickDirect Link to This Post

JazzMan

let me ask my g/f she works at the local animal shelter.
JazzMan

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-24-2006 02:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JazzManSend a Private Message to JazzManDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BobadooFunk:

hope to all that is anything that you dont plan on using dog advantage on cats!!!!!

there are diff. chemical in the dog versions that are DEADLY to cats, they will seizure and possibly die!

please be careful!

On the contrary, I and thousands of others have been using so-called "dog" advantage on cats for years and years. There is no chemical difference, the cats are just fine. I even cleared it with my vet after doing exhaustive research on the subject. The only difference in all the Advantage products is how much is in a dose vial. 4ml for small cats and 8ml for large. My vet even gave me an oral dosing syringe to use.

JazzMan
JazzMan

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-25-2006 07:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JazzManSend a Private Message to JazzManDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tom Slick:

let me ask my g/f she works at the local animal shelter.

Thanks, I'd appreciate it.

JazzMan

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock