Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  How can you tell when spring has arrived?

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

How can you tell when spring has arrived? by sostock
Started on: 05-20-2006 10:32 PM
Replies: 12
Last post by: maryjane on 05-21-2006 06:54 PM
sostock

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2006 10:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sostockSend a Private Message to sostockDirect Link to This Post
How can you tell when spring has arrived?

When the birds chirp?

When the grass greens up?

When the flowers start to bloom?

When the warm sun beats down on your face?
Nope.

When the trolls come out....
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
thismanyfieros

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2006 11:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for thismanyfierosSend a Private Message to thismanyfierosDirect Link to This Post
the clothing gets shorter on bodies of the opposite sex.....
dezie36

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 155
Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2006 11:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dezie36Send a Private Message to dezie36Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by thismanyfieros:

the clothing gets shorter on bodies of the opposite sex.....

Thank god for spring!
Monkeyman

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 182
Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2006 07:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanDirect Link to This Post
I can always tell by the calendar. March 15, every year!
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2006 08:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
When it's 40 deg F in the morning and 98 in the afternoon.
Actually--when the OLD Mesquite trees start putting on leaves, spring has officially arrived in west Texas. The young ones will lie to ya.
Cadillac Jack

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2006 11:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cadillac JackSend a Private Message to Cadillac JackDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

When it's 40 deg F in the morning and 98 in the afternoon.
Actually--when the OLD Mesquite trees start putting on leaves, spring has officially arrived in west Texas. The young ones will lie to ya.

While I was hog hunting this spring (Feb) I saw zillions of bright red cardinals. Do these winter in southwest Texas or was this a "spring" thing?

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2006 11:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
They winter in Mexico and further south mostly. You probably encountered their migration back north, tho Feb is a bit early for that, depending where you were at in Texas. There is not a lot of forage or cover here, and a large number of predators like hawks, so we don't see a lot of Cardinals any time of the year except late fall/early winter. Once they start back north, I suspect they either continue on north, or go to the east, where there are real trees.
Toddster

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 503
Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2006 11:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterDirect Link to This Post
Aside from the day of March 20 of each year (the day of the vernal equinox)? I suppose when my sinuses explode.
Cadillac Jack

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2006 01:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cadillac JackSend a Private Message to Cadillac JackDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

They winter in Mexico and further south mostly. You probably encountered their migration back north, tho Feb is a bit early for that, depending where you were at in Texas. There is not a lot of forage or cover here, and a large number of predators like hawks, so we don't see a lot of Cardinals any time of the year except late fall/early winter. Once they start back north, I suspect they either continue on north, or go to the east, where there are real trees.

sonic50

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2006 01:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sonic50Send a Private Message to sonic50Direct Link to This Post
When you can take the sunroof of the fiero and drive around with out being cold.
Cadillac Jack

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2006 01:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cadillac JackSend a Private Message to Cadillac JackDirect Link to This Post
Now that was interesting my message didn't post! But the quote did!
As i was aying although you didn't know: We were between San Antonio and Laredo late in Feb. It was miles to the nearest ranch house. There was plenty of cover, although no real trees as you pointed out. The scrub was 15-20 tall in some places and poked, scratched, cut or otherwise lacerated nearly anything that tried to move through it fast. The birds were very aware of the many flying predators and stayed relatively low in the scrub. They came out mostly around sunup. They weren't in groups but I saw at least 35 birds within 300m of one elevated blind I occupied. They drove the bobcats crazy! I enjoyed observing the flora and fauna there. Thanks for the info!
PFF
System Bot
doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2006 03:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post
I can smell it

------------------

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2006 06:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Cadillac Jack:

: We were between San Antonio and Laredo late in Feb.

Ahh--that's South Texas. A lot different than West and SW Texas. I've traveled thru S.Texas, but not spent much time there at all. Beleive it or not, they get a lot more rain than we do.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock