Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  National Guard X "several thousand"to be posted on southern border? (Page 2)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
National Guard X "several thousand"to be posted on southern border? by maryjane
Started on: 05-12-2006 10:08 PM
Replies: 43
Last post by: Telegram Sam on 05-14-2006 01:10 PM
Telegram Sam

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-14-2006 02:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Telegram SamSend a Private Message to Telegram SamDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jstricker:

Some people in TX, AZ, NM, and CA might argue it is a civil emergency. I see you're in CA Sam, isn't this a better stop-gap solution than letting the problem get worse for the next 12 months at least while trying to hire and train more BP Agents?
John Stricker

We didn't wake up this morning with hundereds of thousands of Mexicans suddenly deciding to cross the border. Emergency would connote an event that is emerging. Sitting here in California, there is nothing emerging about the immigration issue. It's been around for decades. Is this a "stop-gap solution"? Was the "Mission Accomplished" in Iraq in 2003? Let's be realistic. Why can't Homeland Security secure our Homeland?
IP: Logged
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2006 08:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Telegram Sam:

We didn't wake up this morning with hundereds of thousands of Mexicans suddenly deciding to cross the border. Emergency would connote an event that is emerging. Sitting here in California, there is nothing emerging about the immigration issue. It's been around for decades. Is this a "stop-gap solution"? Was the "Mission Accomplished" in Iraq in 2003? Let's be realistic. When ya call EMS, it's usually for something that has already happened, and is still happening, so the term emergency can have several applications--as far as timeline goes.
Yep, it's been going on for years, steadily, quietly, methodically. and anytime anyone raised a red flag about it usually got them branded as at least a closet rascist.

[quote]Why can't Homeland Security secure our Homeland?

Good question, but imo, no single entity can possibly deal with it successfully. A better question is "Why can't anyone secure our borders?"
Because we are a big open country--with a reasonably open society, with lots of freedom to roam about, with 2 long coastlines, and those nasty sneaky, Canadians to the north, it's a lot of border to keep secure. Part of the fault lies with Mexico itself-both it's government and it's economic situation. Part lies with the last 10 + presidents and their congresses (including the current prez and congress) . No one has ever seriously dealt with it-period--other than passing the laws that are supposed to do what is neccessary.
The biggest fault lies with the American people themselves choosing to ignore it for so many decades.
Now, blue collar America has woke up, and started complaining and threatening to take care of it themselves.

I personally believe it's all too little too late.

Has anyone else ever wondered why the 2 youngest nations in North America are economically sound--while the oldest nation in North America is far from it?
Exactly what is the deal down there?
Why has a country with vast natural resources, a population that is more than willing to work, able to work, and will travel thousands of miles to do so, lagged so far behind for so long?
Just what is the problem down in Mexico?
Not the current problem--the over-all decades or centuries old problem?

Something is screwed up down there--and always has been evidently--and until it is fixed or resolved, our problem won't go away.

maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2006 12:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post

maryjane

69576 posts
Member since Apr 2001
Ok, no one else will, so I'll go out on a limb and bring it to surface,

the game is up. Your side is going to lose. You are not working, you are not procreating. We will overwhelm you and your racist friends. We will completely alter the status quo, and your beloved home will be our beloved home. Your people took America from us when Europeans came and raped and murdered our Bronze ancestors, you humiliated us, forced us to take your religion and your language. Then your country specifically took half our land in 1848 because you hated our skin color. And now you expect us to consider your feelings? If you hate us so much, go back to Europe. We aren't going anywhere.

Posted on a Chicago Tribune blog, in response to an immigration discussion.

Somewhere, I saw it referred to it as "The Silent Alamo syndrome" . (Can't remember where I saw that now.)
By 'we will overwhelm', the writer is referring to the establisment of a strong Hispanic voter majority in the USA, accomplished by a high birthrate (compared to caucasion birthrates), massive influx of illegal immigration, and the dying off of the baby boomers. (baby boomers tend to vote every year)

Is the Mexican Government complicit and on board this sort of weird conspiracy to take back it's property? Who knows, but it seems really odd that every Mexican government for the last couple of decades has publicly encouraged it's own citizens to leave the country for the USA.

But, one thing that is odd, is that Hispanic communitiesseem to publicly oppose illegal immigration.
from I have no idea how accurate the poll statistics quoted below are)
http://heather.cs.ucdavis.edu/pub/Immigration/EffOnMinorities/Laguna.html
posted in response to opposition to Proposition 187 in Calif--1994

The respected magazine Hispanic says: "There is an ironic inconsistency in the U.S. Hispanic community. On the one hand, Hispanic Americans have become subjects of an anti-immigration backlash, while on the other, the majority opposes current levels of immigration. Up to 84% say there are already too many immigrants coming into the United States." Hispanic's report was based on the Latino National Political Survey, which, the magazine said, is considered the most sweeping measure to date of Latino opinion on social and political topics."

The poll sought a response to the statement, "There are too many immigrants." The following agreed or strongly agreed:
Cuban Americans, 66%;
Mexican Americans, 75%,
Puerto Ricans, 79%.
Surprisingly, non-citizens agreed or strongly agreed in larger percentages: Cubans, 73%,
Mexicans, 84%.

So, if the above statistics are accurate and still hold true today, it would lead me to believe the idea regarding a wide ranging Hispanic conspiracy to take over the lost lands
of the southwest and California is jreally ust a pipedream in the minds of a few extremists.

Or is it? The mass demonstrations in recent months seem to contradict everything the linked article says. Hispanic leaders in every major city have come out publicly in opposition to any new immigration law, or even enforcement of the existing laws. There is a huge opposition to any suggestion that a wall be built to shut down the illegal crossings.

So is there a new and real Reconquista movement afoot or is it just another conspiracy theory? (you can google Reconquista for the definition if ya don't already know it)
http://www.barnesreview.org/The__Reconquista_-Mexico_s_Dre/the__reconquista_-mex ico_s_dre.html

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 05-14-2006).]

Telegram Sam

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-14-2006 01:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Telegram SamSend a Private Message to Telegram SamDirect Link to This Post
No, Don, I'd say it's pretty darn real. One only has to take a look at California's Salinas Valley for proof. There definately is a need to do something, and I say that you are right on point about the disease. I'm just not too confident in the cure.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock